Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
starting to think the idf might not do the ground invasion. the bombings and siege are effextive at the "revenge" mission with zero risk to the idf. and now relations with the rest of the middle east are toasted anyways, plus the west has their back and sent aircraft carriers to protect them

Otoh, you cant mobilize like 400,000 people, call back thousands of citizens from overseas and build up all this rhetorix about annihilating the enemy and then NOT do a big invasion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Another thing to consider here, if we take the Palestinian rocket story at face value, we're saying the timeline is:

-Islamic Jihad fires a series of rockets
-one of them misfire, crashes into the hospital and kills a few civilians in Gaza
-Hamas ALMOST IMMEDIATELT fabricates a story that over 500 people killed in an Israeli airstrike AND gets the entire staff of the hospital to go along with this lie. Within minutes of the rocket falling, all of this is coordinated and everyone on Gaza apparently gets the same talking points

That is what Israel is trying to claim happened.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

TDepressionEarl posted:

is the water back on yet or is there still a siege in preparation for a ground invasion

Hamas supersoldiers are going to turn Merkavas into pretzels, so the IDF is fighting doctors and nurses instead.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

starting to think the idf might not do the ground invasion. the bombings and siege are effextive at the "revenge" mission with zero risk to the idf. and now relations with the rest of the middle east are toasted anyways, plus the west has their back and sent aircraft carriers to protect them

Otoh, you cant mobilize like 400,000 people, call back thousands of citizens from overseas and build up all this rhetorix about annihilating the enemy and then NOT do a big invasion

this can also go the other way since their relations are toast and the us is giving them a green light for genocide they can go in without any repurcussions

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

OctaMurk posted:

don't underestimate bloodlust

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the IDF will get slaughtered if they invade, there'll be tens of thousands dead to gain each mile.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

VoicesCanBe posted:

Another thing to consider here, if we take the Palestinian rocket story at face value, we're saying the timeline is:

-one of them misfire, crashes into the hospital and kills a few civilians in Gaza
-Hamas ALMOST IMMEDIATELT fabricates a story that over 500 people killed in an Israeli airstrike AND gets the entire staff of the hospital to go along with this lie. Within minutes of the rocket falling, all of this is coordinated and everyone on Gaza apparently gets the same talking points

Because there aren't thousands of other dead people that no one disputes died from Israeli bombs.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I'm hoping some countering narrative can get out there, cause yeah the IDF claiming the hospital wasn't really destroyed and not that many people died is probably gonna stick among libs, and I personally find that kind of erasure of death to be extra disgusting, so would really like to see something to indicate otherwise.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

OctaMurk posted:

As you said, I'm not sure if they can climb down. Netanyahu's career is over if he doesn't destroy Hamas entirely. The settlers want destruction, which is why many of them are going nuts in the West Bank.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Are they really saying that actually the hospital is fine and not bombed it was just the parking lot that got hit. I mean I saw the giant explosion in the video and that IDF propagandist posted a picture of a destroyed hospital hallway complete with body parts. Are they seriously gaslighting us that the hospital is untouched actually, you're just crazy and hysterical

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Today on social media I saw "well, hamas has killed hundreds of people with suicide bombs in the past, so this isn't out of the ordinary for them" and basically "why should we believe their numbers".

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

What is the possibility of the US deploying troops into Gaza? if Bibi tells Biden "Our infantry can't take Gaza, send in your troops or we're nuking it." What's the US response?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

smoobles posted:

the IDF will get slaughtered if they invade, there'll be tens of thousands dead to gain each mile.

Hamas apparently has an extensive tunnel network underground. It's not an exaggeration to say that death will be waiting around virtually every corner for the IDF infantry.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

VoicesCanBe posted:

As you said, I'm not sure if they can climb down. Netanyahu's career is over if he doesn't destroy Hamas entirely. The settlers want destruction, which is why many of them are going nuts in the West Bank.

netanyahu's career depends on the continued, eternal existence of hamas. you don't eliminate your hostage or your boogeyman

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

VoicesCanBe posted:

Everyone who buys this poo poo is a highly petarded genocide lover, not surprised it's got legs in dnd

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

lmao

"israel says they didn't do it"
"do you believe them"
[extended silence]
"we believe that israel says they didn't do it"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

well that's a foghorn

we def do not believe it was Hamas but we absolutely cannot ever say that

good job everybody

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

mcmagic posted:

Because there aren't thousands of other dead people that no one disputes died from Israeli bombs.

You're right, which is why there's hardly any motivation to fabricate such an event to begin with.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Breakfast All Day posted:

netanyahu's career depends on the continued, eternal existence of hamas. you don't eliminate your hostage or your boogeyman

I feel like securing Gaza for settlements would probably be a bigger boon for his career than just continuing the slow motion holocaust.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Are they really saying that actually the hospital is fine and not bombed it was just the parking lot that got hit. I mean I saw the giant explosion in the video and that IDF propagandist posted a picture of a destroyed hospital hallway complete with body parts. Are they seriously gaslighting us that the hospital is untouched actually, you're just crazy and hysterical

Look, Hamas, had a rocket launched from a site several km to the west fly over the hospital, break up very suddenly and loudly, and that rocket hit a gunpowder cache they conveniently left in the parking lot, which blew up the parking lot and hurt some people (but less then they said) in and around the hospital. This happened in the middle of an Israeli/American bombardment in the area and its just coincidence it resembled the pattern and size of the other nearby explosions

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

VoicesCanBe posted:

Reporters on-site were describing what they saw in gory detail so they were, apparently, immediately in on the ruse as well.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

Breakfast All Day posted:

It did, for many years. But I don't think that's a balancing game Netenyahu can play anymore. The illusion of Israeli security from Hamas was utterly shattered on October 7th. The calculus has changed, probably permanently.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

its fine, the idf has said it was there, but was operating with a different kind of ammunition. so any bombings that killed people clearly werent them. they had the other kind of bomb. go figure

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

My god how pathetic is Brown Moses? This is a man who made a career accepting money from the US govt in order to "debunk" the propaganda of official US enemies like Russia, Syria, and China. He histrionically accused his opponents of being apologists for war crimes when his results were questioned. And what does he do the second a US ally starts committing actual, undeniable genocide? He starts parroting literal IDF propaganda and claims the Palestinians are actually bombing their own hospitals. What a despicable cretin. Absolute human garbage.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

and by the way let's not delude ourselves: the United States intelligence apparatus absolutely knows who fired that missile, what altitude they were flying at, and the tag number of the aircraft that fired it

probably even has satellite video of it.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah you can and should be perma'd for offsite activities. if a random poster were to be discovered white washing Nazi war crimes then they would be perma'd. I don't see how this is different.

Yeah. A genocide denier actively trying to influence the policies of a government besieging Gaza shouldn't have any association with these forums.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

titty_baby_ posted:

Look, Hamas, had a rocket launched from a site several km to the west fly over the hospital, break up very suddenly and loudly, and that rocket hit a gunpowder cache they conveniently left in the parking lot, which blew up the parking lot and hurt some people (but less then they said) in and around the hospital. This happened in the middle of an Israeli/American bombardment in the area and its just coincidence it resembled the pattern and size of the other nearby explosions

May I see them?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

The CIA feels very strongly that the crack epidemic was not caused by them.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

it's true, you only need to be a monster to be a zionist

Yeah, but going on a conference with the guy behind the recent hospital bombing and going "Yeah I am all about your worst ideology lets goooo" is what makes it the worst.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

say if your uncle, your sister, your brother-in-law, your niece, and your son were all injured when your flat was leveled,

would you return to the rubble of what was once your home? would you sit inside the crowded, bloody, humid waiting room, the halls lined with stretchers and rolling beds? would you attempt to head south to egypt who could close the crossing at any moment?

or would you stand outside the vehicle that brought you to the hospital, smoking a cigarette, commiserating with all the other families who share your fate?

at least the building is still standing. small favors.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

mdemone posted:

and by the way let's not delude ourselves: the United States intelligence apparatus absolutely knows who fired that missile, what altitude they were flying at, and the tag number of the aircraft that fired it

probably even has satellite video of it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

"GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?"

"Precision strikes on a terrorist organization"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!
They very strongly feel like they didn't commit the warcrime we know they committed and we're just gonna roll with it because that's what friends are for after all

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Yeah, but going on a conference with the guy behind the recent hospital bombing and going "Yeah I am all about your worst ideology lets goooo" is what makes it the worst.
he supports genocide op

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They very strongly feel like they didn't commit the warcrime we know they committed and we're just gonna roll with it because that's what friends are for after all

Israel overlooks all of the US' various war crimes, it's only fair.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Red and Black posted:

My god how pathetic is Brown Moses? This is a man who made a career accepting money from the US govt in order to "debunk" the propaganda of official US enemies like Russia, Syria, and China. He histrionically accused his opponents of being apologists for war crimes when his results were questioned. And what does he do the second a US ally starts committing actual, undeniable genocide? He starts parroting literal IDF propaganda and claims the Palestinians are actually bombing their own hospitals. What a despicable cretin. Absolute human garbage.

he’s sees no inconsistency whatsoever lol

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

waiting for the IDF to outright claim literally nothing even happened and there was never even an explosion guys c'mon grow up

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Retromancer posted:

I feel like securing Gaza for settlements would probably be a bigger boon for his career than just continuing the slow motion holocaust.

they need gaza, in order to have the rockets, in order to have the iron dome, in order to have the omnipresent visible "threat" and "proportionate response". gaza keeps the west bank settlement out of the lens, keeps resistance divided, and lets them play rhetorical shell games. this isnt grand conspiracy, it's just police kettling tactics at the scale of cities and decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

Retromancer posted:

Israel overlooks all of the US' various war crimes, it's only fair.

love means never having to say you're sorry for murdering civilians