Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I was very confused by the last half page of discussion until I realized I was mixing up the Poughkeepsie Tapes and Synecdoche, NY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
The worst movie I've seen recently is Return of the Living Dead Part 2, but mostly because ROTLD is so good and they did all the wrong things for part 2

Edit: Actually the worst movie I watched this month is Jeruzalem, but that was just bad bad, not disappointing bad

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Schwarzwald posted:

I was very confused by the last half page of discussion until I realized I was mixing up the Poughkeepsie Tapes and Synecdoche, NY.

Coming soon, The Utica Chainsaw Massacre.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Dragonshirt posted:

All of these bad movies, but I guess none of y'all seen THINGS?

Seen, no, but I have experienced THINGS. And if you can't find joy in THINGS, you're going to end up in a hospital for the crimminny insane.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Things rules

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Blood on the Chicken Riggies.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany killing spree.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I bought some plastic pumpkins and noticed the company that distributes them has an appropriate address

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dragonshirt posted:

Things and other home projects from the VHS era count less as a movie than Megan is Missing

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Class3KillStorm posted:

Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany killing spree.

Yes, and you call the movie Trolls 2 despite the fact that they are obviously goblins.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

The Loch Ness Horror is the lowest rating I've ever given to a movie during these challenges

Also that movie Slugs

If a movie gives you an actual headache, turn it off

Slugs fuckin owns

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Deadite posted:

The worst movie I've seen recently is Return of the Living Dead Part 2, but mostly because ROTLD is so good and they did all the wrong things for part 2

Edit: Actually the worst movie I watched this month is Jeruzalem, but that was just bad bad, not disappointing bad

ROTLD2 def on my shortlist for least favorite movies

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Beach Girls and the Monster, Creature from the Haunted Sea, and The Horror of Party Beach are tied for my lowest, but I also think I was being far too harsh on them. I think I was watching a lot of beach-adjacent horror at the time and was very grumpy at how little beach fun was to be had in these.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

feedmyleg posted:

The Beach Girls and the Monster, Creature from the Haunted Sea, and The Horror of Party Beach are tied for my lowest, but I also think I was being far too harsh on them. I think I was watching a lot of beach-adjacent horror at the time and was very grumpy at how little beach fun was to be had in these.

At least The Horror of Party Beach has a good MST3K episode

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

a glance at letterboxd has my three lowest rated horror movies as Slenderman, Rings, and Jack's Back. but i only started logging stuff on letterboxd a few years ago and i've been watching lovely horror movies for way longer than that.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Unsullied for me, which I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone else discuss over the years.

It’s like a former NFL player got funding to make a revenge movie with 0 previous film making experience. Oh wait, that’s exactly what it is.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Simeon Rice is a director??

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Creeping Terror and Corona Zombies are the worst films I've watched all the way through

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Creeping Terror and Corona Zombies are the worst films I've watched all the way through

i still kinda want to watch this one lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Steelmanville Road is also awful

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i still kinda want to watch this one lol

It's barely a movie since it's such a cut up mash of other stuff

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

At least The Horror of Party Beach has a good MST3K episode

And inspired a catchy song, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0WcIZeaz2o

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
There should be some qualifiers for worst horror movie, since there are tons of movies out there that barely qualify as movies

So like, what's the worst horror movie that was released to more than 100 theaters?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Doltos posted:

Simeon Rice is a director??

Sort of!!!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

The last seven minutes of Beware: Children At Play is one of the most insane things I've ever seen put to film. The preceding hour and twenty-five before it are dreadfully dull, but that last scene before the end credits just decides to go full Looney Tunes and have a swarm of adults flat-out murder a bunch of kids. I debated making a bunch of gifs from it to post, but if you can think of a cartoon way for a hillbilly to kill a kid, there's a good chance they do something similar in the last few minutes of this movie. What the absolute gently caress, lmao

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

classic Troma climax right there

Gary the Llama
Mar 16, 2007
SHIGERU MIYAMOTO IS MY ILLEGITIMATE FATHER!!!
Talking about the worst horror movies and nobody brought up Terror at Blood Fart Lake yet? I couldn’t make it past the 10 minute mark.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Wait, poo poo, no, of course the worst film I've seen is Megan is Missing. I like to think I've got a decent tolerance to bad taste, but that movie is so loving terrible that I'm happy to count just how loving edgelord it is against it too.

I feel like this is one of those conundrums of like, "is it worse for something to be egregiously terrible and unpleasant, or is it worse to be forgettable and mediocre." Megan is Missing is without question in the first category, but I might put it over the tier of lovely movie that immediately vanishes from memory after the credits roll.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Gavok posted:

Yes, and you call the movie Trolls 2 despite the fact that they are obviously goblins.

Y--you know... One thing that I sh...

Excuse me for one second.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
drat so Return of the Living Dead II is a total failure huh? Where'd they go wrong?
Is it just sort of a shittier retread?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

classic Troma climax right there

https://i.imgur.com/YEW1sps.mp4

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'll take a horror movie that's morally repulsive or engagingly inept over one that's just really boring.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dragonshirt posted:

not only have I seen THINGS, I saw it in one of the more horrifying contexts possible: Lowtax showing it to me

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Could you put together a movie night based on films with nonspecific noun names? (not sure what the actual terminology here is)

As in:
The Stuff
The Thing
...?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Phy posted:

Could you put together a movie night based on films with nonspecific noun names? (not sure what the actual terminology here is)

As in:
The Stuff
The Thing
...?

common nouns (as opposed to proper nouns), and yeah, pretty easily

the fly
the mist
the ritual
the strangers
the invitation
the blob
the hunt
the faculty
the babysitter
the descent
the vvitch
the host
the ring
the ruins
the shining
the perfection
the baby
the void
the cell
the bat
the meg

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 18, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was hoping for less specific than that. Like, synonyms for "things" and "stuff" but afaict there's no "The Item"

Maybe "The Blob" but IMO that's pushing it

E: IT, duh
THEM! (the ant movie)
Us

Phy fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 18, 2023

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

ROTLD2 def on my shortlist for least favorite movies

There's a dancing pedophile in blackface for gently caress's sake.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Well, there's Them! and It!

efb

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

They

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Phy posted:

I was hoping for less specific than that. Like, synonyms for "things" and "stuff" but afaict there's no "The Item"

Maybe "The Blob" but IMO that's pushing it

E: IT, duh
THEM! (the ant movie)
Us

There is a "the item", can't remember the plot though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n747ktceuwI