Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

It's amazing that the whole world is doing a play by play of the 15 minutes where at least 500 people were killed at a hospital, trying to figure out if the responsibility for the explosion lies with the state with the bombs able to blow up a hospital, or with an armed faction with rockets that struggles to take down one pre-fab settlement wall

Meanwhile we still don't have much more details about the Israeli response to the initial assault after a week, and every time an Israeli victim of the attack speaks out against the IOF line, they get censored and receive death threats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Honestly I don't even know why Israel is trying to cover. Just admit it, no one cares or is going to stop you and America is literally prepared to roll out troops to keep your murder machine oiled and it's not like your zionist base is going to be offended or stop supporting you if you say "we blew up this hospital and we'll do it again"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Frosted Flake posted:

We are all suffering from that problem, because Israel ought to be (redacted).

Also, ty, exactly.

i wish very much for a peaceful democratic settlement among all of the ethnicities of the levant, in a state that isnt UN israel which cannot be suffered to continue

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Starsfan posted:

is this at the right time? it looks I thought the explosion was reported to have happened at 20 minutes after the hour.. this is looking more like the events in the video that the IDF released and then retracted that was determined to have taken place 40 minutes after the bombing

**I could have that precisely backwards, just throwing it out there and hopefully someone can clarify for me

I've never heard someone say that, what the hasbaras are saying is that it's fake because the timestamp is a whole hour later than it supposedly occurred. which doesn't seem to hold water.

havent seen anyone claiming its off by 20 minutes

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Aljazeera is reporting that a Hamas source said that the demon Lich King Biden tried to offer Egypt a complete write-off of all their debts in exchange for accepting the palestinians who would be ethnically cleansed from Gaza.

link to report:-

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2023...%B9%D9%84%D9%89

You promised a long writeup today of the goings on in the kingdom! :colbert:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

HiroProtagonist posted:

I've never heard someone say that, what the hasbaras are saying is that it's fake because the timestamp is a whole hour later than it supposedly occurred. which doesn't seem to hold water.

havent seen anyone claiming its off by 20 minutes

I was going by claims that social media first lit up about the hospital bombing at 19:20 or something like that and the video that Israel released showing rockets going up into the air (one of which was supposedly either intercepted or failed to launch properly and fell on the hospital) was from 20:00, but my brain is foggy (I only got a few hours of sleep last night) so I might have everything wrong

I just want to be double sure that this is actually video of the time period where the hospital was bombed by the IDF

**edited to align the times with the video that shows a time stamp of 19:59

Starsfan has issued a correction as of 17:47 on Oct 18, 2023

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

you missed it

Al-Saqr posted:

Ok the situation is as follows:-

Whatever hopes Israel and their local arab zionists had to make normalization Palatable is gone for good. I have not seen this level of public outrage and anger since the second Intifada.

For years now, the state had gone through alot of effort to make the prospect of normalization with israel look less bad, they tried to create a fear of showing public solidarity with Palestinian online by (a) jailing prominent figures during the qatar feud (b) putting hamas on a terrorism list (muslim brotherhood) to make people afraid of posting online. and (c) employing quisling article writers and twitter trolls who would victim-blame the palestinians and spread lies about them to try and generate enough disinformation that there would be some sort of split in public opinion.

All of those have failed spectacularly and backfired, and now with the hospital bombing there will NEVER be a public opening for any sort of normalization. There is a real air of absolute anger and hatred against Israel that I have not experienced since the second Intifada.

The biggest signs of this was when everyone online (including myself which I never do politics with my real name until now) have publicly come out big-time against israel and standing unequivocally with Hamas and Palestine, and then last friday every imam in every mosque gave an extremely pro-gaza pro-palestine anti-israel speech (which I havent heard in a while because the government was handing out orders) that was genuine and the imam at my place was crying for palestine as if he let out pent-up emotions he wasnt allowed to express in years.

The other sign was the complete and utter obliteration of all of the online trolls and quisling writers, the sheer amount of abuse and death threats they are recieving from people with their real names has been unreal, there was even one especially repugnant pro-zionist quisling who when he tried to threaten them with legal action everyone just hailed on him abuse and told him to gently caress right off. Arab Zionist everywhere are getting obliterated by people and even UAE officials and writers (who are the big dogs of arab zionists) have all been getting ratioed, insulted and death threated by people accross the gulf using their real names.

There is a definite fear barrier that has been shattered for good, even in places that have made protesting illegal like in Bahrain and Egypt people have started to mobilize and protest in a way they were not able to in a decade after the crackdown of the arab spring.

The biggest shock in public opinion was the way america intervened on Israels side, they know america backs israel and how flagrant and childlike cartoonish their propaganda has been, but the fact that they're actively and directly participating in the genocide with actuall boots on the ground and carries and such have rocked people out of any illusion that america can be negotiated with, people with their real names have been praying to god that those carrier groups get set ablaze, it's astounding how deep america has destroyed their reputation.

Officially, while a part of me thinks saudi government is gonna try again in a few years, I am actually starting to think they're realizing that unlike the emirates they might actually get in trouble if they dont back away from normalization for good this time, the way they are communicating is becoming harder and harder on israel and their phone call with the iranians was really interesting, and all of those arab zionists who worked so hard and wrote their lovely posts and articles are gonna be sleeping with both eyes open for the rest of their lives.

Across the arab world there is a level of mobilization and anger and pushback against their governments that is putting them in 'oh poo poo I gotta do something or else I'm dead' survival mode, which is why we're seeing egypt and saudi and jordan take harder and harder stances.

The spell has been broken, there will be no take backs from this, america and israel have drawn the line in the sand permanently. they have reminded the arab world as a whole why israel must be destroyed and have permanently re-ignited the palestinian cause in everyones hearts.

Ok gotta go I'll post more about the general strategic situation when I'm back and fully high on anaesthetics and opoioids lol.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

It's amazing that the whole world is doing a play by play of the 15 minutes where at least 500 people were killed at a hospital, trying to figure out if the responsibility for the explosion lies with the state with the bombs able to blow up a hospital, or with an armed faction with rockets that struggles to take down one pre-fab settlement wall

Meanwhile we still don't have much more details about the Israeli response to the initial assault after a week, and every time an Israeli victim of the attack speaks out against the IOF line, they get censored and receive death threats.

the play now is that the casualties number is too high, there just couldnt be that many babies for a bomb to kill afterall

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Honestly I don't even know why Israel is trying to cover. Just admit it, no one cares or is going to stop you and America is literally prepared to roll out troops to keep your murder machine oiled and it's not like your zionist base is going to be offended or stop supporting you if you say "we blew up this hospital and we'll do it again"

have a tiktok teen do an explainer on why it's cool and call it a day

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Hi estly I don't even know why Israel is trying to cover. Just admit it, no one cares or is going to stop you and America is literally prepared to roll out troops to keep your murder machine oiled

for Israel to achieve their goals of clearing out the Gaza Strip of Palestinians, they are going to have to kill a lot more people.

the IOF wants to commit a genocide but doesn't want people to get mad at it. It's wild.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Al! posted:

i wish very much for a peaceful democratic settlement among all of the ethnicities of the levant, in a state that isnt UN israel which cannot be suffered to continue

Gaddafi opens an eye; Isratin has returned to discussion

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Starsfan posted:

is this at the right time? it looks I thought the explosion was reported to have happened at 20 minutes after the hour.. this is looking more like the events in the video that the IDF released and then retracted that was determined to have taken place 40 minutes after the bombing

**I could have that precisely backwards, just throwing it out there and hopefully someone can clarify for me

i was also under the impression the hospital bombing was at 7:20. afaik this is a separate incident

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

FlapYoJacks posted:

You fool.

I already did it.

ZA WARUDO

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

for Israel to achieve their goals of clearing out the Gaza Strip of Palestinians, they are going to have to kill a lot more people.

the IOF wants to commit a genocide but doesn't want people to get mad at it. It's wild.

they don't wanna lose the twitter war and the various support battalions from the americans, such as the Fightin' K-HIVE

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
While the discourse on yesterday's airstrike on a Gazan hospital continues, Israel has today bombed a UN school and a mosque.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

we are not at that part of the discourse cycle yet. israel still needs to deny for a few more weeks only then can we have the same people who said israel didn't blow up the hospital admit that israel blew up the hospital but say that it is "old news"

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

mistermojo posted:

drat I wish cum town was still around to riff on this

urine luck

https://twitter.com/adamfriedland/status/1714683129808802303?s=46&t=DX0vU4KqndHVjiEw26RVXA

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Al-Saqr posted:

You fool.

I already did it.

ZA WARUDO

be safe

thank you for your insights

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016

Grapplejack posted:

this would be too decorum-shattering for the people who pledged uncritical support for Israel

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

VoicesCanBe posted:

While the discourse on yesterday's airstrike on a Gazan hospital continues, Israel has today bombed a UN school and a mosque.

why would Hamas do this

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Grapplejack posted:

passing that 100 billion weapons package Biden pitched gets slightly more controversial if it's linked to murdering children, and there's a whole bunch of people that want that money to flow.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
African Union declares israeli bombing a war crime

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1714680238612074903?s=20

Also important statement incoming:-

https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/1714683129808802303?s=20

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

"israel is retarded, and gay. a big ol gay retard spraying his tiny choad all over the middle east. thank you for attending my statement"

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Good, he's finally going to denounce Matty Healy

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

samogonka posted:

this would be too decorum-shattering for the people who pledged uncritical support for Israel

those people will 100% acknowledge it in a few months but claim the situation was "regrettable" and "that "things happen in war."

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Starsfan posted:

I was going by claims that social media first lit up about the hospital bombing at 19:20 or something like that and the video that Israel released showing rockets going up into the air (one of which was supposedly either intercepted or failed to launch properly and fell on the hospital) was from 20:00, but my brain is foggy (I only got a few hours of sleep last night) so I might have everything wrong

I just want to be double sure that this is actually video of the time period where the hospital was bombed by the IDF

israel's whole claim basically rests on the foundation that the rockets were fired at or about the same time as the hospital explosion anyway, which was always plausible in the way effective propaganda usually is.

20 minutes later might be about right for social media to start really lighting up about it. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here except timezones are a thing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The known death toll in Gaza has surpassed actual 9/11 and is now 138 9/11s if I did my Israeli math right.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

It's almost similar to conservatives in the US, where they've got almost unambiguous support from their international partners, but they want the entirety of international culture to say that they are the cool heroes of the story. Wonder Woman is real, and she is IDF. That mixed with the fascist lens that they view Palestinians and Arabs more broadly through and the attack from Hamas has driven them insane in a hundred ways already talked about in the thread

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

So isn’t this video totally wrong and invalid because people were already posting about the hospital explosion at 7:20 PM local time

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

damning

western media is gonna completely ignore this, yeah?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Are we sure this video is from the same night? The city looks way too well lit up with lights.

Maltloaf
Jul 3, 2018

TeenageArchipelago posted:

what the gently caress does OSINT even stand for? Obvious Scam for Idiotic Nato Twitter? Is it like that dumb loving Geolocated twitter that just types "GEOLOCATED: OBVIOUS PROPEGANDA" to make it look more legit to dummies? because I'm a loving dumbass and I gotta say they need to do some market research because it's just not working

Handy Guide to SPOOKS:

HUMINT - I talked to someone about it
GEOINT - I looked down at it
MASINT - I measured it
SIGINT - I listened to it
OSINT - I googled it
TECHINT - I read the war thunder forums

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

hobbez posted:

So isn’t this video totally wrong and invalid because people were already posting about the hospital explosion at 7:20 PM local time

Also the gaza strip has power in it so it's not even from this particular war crime

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

TeenageArchipelago posted:

It's almost similar to conservatives in the US, where they've got almost unambiguous support from their international partners, but they want the entirety of international culture to say that they are the cool heroes of the story. Wonder Woman is real, and she is IDF. That mixed with the fascist lens that they view Palestinians and Arabs more broadly through and the attack from Hamas has driven them insane in a hundred ways already talked about in the thread

lmao I forgot that wonder woman is in the IDF

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I am preparing a post.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Starsfan posted:

time stamp question for smart people:

just curious about how time stamps on these types of videos are verified?
It's possible clocks are off between different pieces of equipment. Is there a way smart people know for sure that clocks are right on videos?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
I posted the tweet about the airstrike on the refugee camp mosque being bombed on another message board and got this response lol

quote:

Targeting religious buildings is entirely permitted under international law, so long as the buildings in question are being used for military purposes. Jihadis have commonly used Mosques to store weapons, or for other military purposes. The only real way to know if there’s a war crime in this instance would be through an actual investigation.

Obviously, we shouldn’t let little nuances like that stop us from posting knee jerk outrage porn on Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

cool Adam would stand with Hamas