Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the core of Gundam is "artists suffering under Bandai and franchise obligations"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/reprilo_channel/status/1713801525674528814?t=pUCgcVL0hSH0YOTa0wEu5A&s=19

I'd watch this fight.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

the thread title went from "Under Nu Management" to "That's no Anime, boy! No Anime!".....

also is fukuda working on the new grendizer??

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yes, he's the chief director.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

El Burbo posted:

lol this whole thing is a comedy of errors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNCHDDv4yOI

i love buying nfts of the franchise with themes of environmentalism and the human capacity to abuse new technology for short sighted gains

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh hey, Engage is up and ready now. I blew all of my starter gems on the unicorn banner and didn't even get a single UR out of it. Welp that's my gacha luck in action. Otherwise it's certainly an auto-battler.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

my local hobbytown just became a bandai flagship store! i dont really know what that means but i saw the announcement on instagram. looks like they got a bit of a makeover and maybe some expanded stock. i guess the implication is that they'll maybe have a more direct pipeline to bandai and things will hit shelves earlier? pretty cool. maybe will pop in there soon and see if i can grab an RG epyon

edit: whoops thought this was the gunpla thread my bad

JoeGlassJAw fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 17, 2023

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

i love buying nfts of the franchise with themes of environmentalism and the human capacity to abuse new technology for short sighted gains

I can't wait to see what a dumpster fire this turns into. Like sure, if they were trying to make their VR MMO anime franchise real, I get that. But they layered on the cryptobro poo poo which tells me the reason they did it was to cash in on that bubble, which has already popped and isn't coming back.

The anime also feels completely disingenuous, which is a shame because I could see myself being cautiously optimistic if the first episode wasn't a clip reel of "SEE THIS THING YOU LIKE PLEASE CLAP IT'S RIKU AND SARAH AND FUMINA PLEASE CLAP."

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Speaking of where is the second episode of that? Are they releasing one a month?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You can watch episodes two and three right now inside the Gundam Metaverse!

And by right now I mean at like 5 am or 9 pm every day

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
It seems like every once in a while a company will decide to reinvent second life, but worse.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

3 posted:

It seems like every once in a while a company will decide to reinvent second life, but worse.

Meanwhile, second life is blissfully trundling along while the knock offs end up as dead malls.

Almost like there's no demand for another second life.

edit: third life lol

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

You can watch episodes two and three right now inside the Gundam Metaverse!

And by right now I mean at like 5 am or 9 pm every day

Is this a joke or not? I honestly cannot tell.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
No, it's real. They have scheduled viewing times for the metaverse episodes in the metaverse.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

from watching that video the coolest part of the meta verse is legitimately the area where you can see 3d models re-enact famous gundam moments

so yeah the coolest part of metaverse is the 3d models doing a 2 second looping animation of a scene i've already seen, how can i throw my money at this?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

They whole loving point of the anime is to advertise the metaverse. Why would you lock it behind that?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Questionable Banrise business decisions crossed with braindead NFT culture?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wdarkk posted:

They whole loving point of the anime is to advertise the metaverse. Why would you lock it behind that?

My assumption is that the idea is "you can see it EARLY inside the METAVERSE" because they're trying to be Gundam Fortnite.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ImpAtom posted:

My assumption is that the idea is "you can see it EARLY inside the METAVERSE" because they're trying to be Gundam Fortnite.

but without gameplay. It's just a vr chatroom and store, right?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
It will only be Gundam Fortnite if they reveal “Somehow Paptimus has returned” in the Gundam Metaverse.

Paptimus vs Hathaway for movie two.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

from watching that video the coolest part of the meta verse is legitimately the area where you can see 3d models re-enact famous gundam moments

so yeah the coolest part of metaverse is the 3d models doing a 2 second looping animation of a scene i've already seen, how can i throw my money at this?

Yeah and they crash the program almost every time

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

It will only be Gundam Fortnite if they reveal “Somehow Paptimus has returned” in the Gundam Metaverse.

Why the gently caress would you put this idea into the world?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

brainwrinkle posted:

You may take my life, but I will take your V-Bucks!

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Paptimus already came back as a teenage boy (and then as a proto Angel Halo) in that manga everybody loved, Gundam Walpurgis.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i would love to see scirocco come back because then i would get to watch him die again, hopefully through similar means to the first time

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

fantastic face

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

brainwrinkle posted:

The problem with this is that Hathaway's Flash was written 33 years ago and we already know what the plot is

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
You know, honestly restrained considering how many tons of mobile suit going gently caress you mph just ran into him

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hathaway would destroy paptimus no cap

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Warmachine posted:

Meanwhile, second life is blissfully trundling along while the knock offs end up as dead malls.

Almost like there's no demand for another second life.

edit: third life lol

It's amazing watching Zuck try to make Horizon Worlds be A Thing and fail to deliver anything close to even the most basic user-created VRChat worlds.

Nevermind the avatars.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
lmao if Engage's dumb subscription thing wasn't enough to convince me not to spend a dime on the game, the hilarious PVP sure seals that deal: every single opponent the game matches me against is literally unbeatable with full suites of URs in the lowest rank.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nuebot posted:

lmao if Engage's dumb subscription thing wasn't enough to convince me not to spend a dime on the game, the hilarious PVP sure seals that deal: every single opponent the game matches me against is literally unbeatable with full suites of URs in the lowest rank.

I like some of the Engage stuff, but holy poo poo we lost GBM for this?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nuebot posted:

Gacha game PvP always, always, always, without exception, exists as a format to allow spenders to feel good about themselves by effortlessly squashing people who spend less, and thus tempting people who want to win to spend money to do so.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So hold up the new Build show is only three episodes long?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

So hold up the new Build show is only three episodes long?

Let’s be real it barely has enough substance for that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ready Player Onedam

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Waffleman_ posted:

Ready Player Onedam

:mad:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Ready Player Onedam

But Gundam was already in Ready Player One.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

But Gundam was already in Ready Player One.

Only because of the Ultraman rights bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guess who didn't encrypt the files to their metaverse and let all the models get ripped