Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Now I don't know which companion to use!

Smeeta until they nerf it into the dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

The power of the sun in the palm of my hand.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looking at the companion mod changes, a few jumped out at me:

• Sacrifice still allows your Sentinel to automatically revive you; however, the Sentinel now goes into Incapacitation instead of being destroyed. Adds 15 seconds to your Sentinel's Incapacitation time.
  • Pack Leader has been changed. Instead of healing your Companion by 36% of melee damage inflicted, it now restores 100 Health per melee hit. Excess healing becomes Overguard instead, with a maximum of 1200 Overguard.
  • Spare Parts: Previously Spare Parts would cause Sentinels to drop rare materials on death. This Mod now causes your Sentinel to mark an enemy for 5 seconds, choosing a new target every 15 seconds. Killing the marked enemy increases their loot drop chance by 200%.

Spare parts might not be as good overall as Charm, but I could see a consistent stream of doubled loot drops like that to be at least workable.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Now I don't know which companion to use!

dethcube prime with energy generator was good enough before this patch to be worth building around the fragility of sentinels

now you don't have to

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Echophonic posted:

• Spare Parts: Previously Spare Parts would cause Sentinels to drop rare materials on death. This Mod now causes your Sentinel to mark an enemy for 5 seconds, choosing a new target every 15 seconds. Killing the marked enemy increases their loot drop chance by 200%.

Spare parts might not be as good overall as Charm, but I could see a consistent stream of doubled loot drops like that to be at least workable.

Spare parts+the new mod that multiplies companions could be funny.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Yeah I might swap to dethcube just because I love the little floating box. The extra energy orbs are a nice bonus.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Yeah I might swap to dethcube just because I love the little floating box. The extra energy orbs are a nice bonus.

Yeah, really glad I made these bugged loadouts back when it was possible

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have never paid more than like 1 second of attention to what companions do beyond helios scans and vulpaphyla doesn't die, so I will remain free of mind and choose purely on aesthetics.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Some whale about to have a real bad day.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

lmao that's one hell of a mod eh

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Deluxe Skins - 200 plat
Orbiter Decorations - 40 plat
Grendel Prime parts from trade - 800 plat
Flawed Antitoxin - 10,000 plat
New Color Palette - 75 plat

someone who is good at the plat economy please help my operator is dying

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023

this is just a permanent buff to fire rate pretty much, seems.. good?

*it also affects melee attack speed :2monocle:

Faxanadus fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 18, 2023

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Faxanadus posted:

this is just a permanent buff to fire rate pretty much, seems.. good?

*it also affects melee attack speed :2monocle:

That seems like it can get really nutty with the correct build :thunk:.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nalesh posted:

Spare parts+the new mod that multiplies companions could be funny.

The copies can't use abilities, but I don't know what they counts as.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

Looking at the companion mod changes, a few jumped out at me:

• Pack Leader has been changed. Instead of healing your Companion by 36% of melee damage inflicted, it now restores 100 Health per melee hit. Excess healing becomes Overguard instead, with a maximum of 1200 Overguard.

If you play on an invisibility frame, your pet was probably picked off by flame waves from other players aggravating the arson eximus more than anything else. Flame waves deal 400 damage and they don't scale with enemy level, so having constant overguard for status immunity would make an invisibility pet extremely hard to kill.

Also notable that Panzer uses spores while invisible, but sentinels won't fire their weapons.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Echophonic posted:

The copies can't use abilities, but I don't know what they counts as.

So literally useless then when 99% of companion damage and utility comes from abilities

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even secondary kinship specifies warframes.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

This feels unintended lmao, hydroids new 3 adds corrosive to breach surge if subsumed onto him.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Nalesh posted:

So literally useless then when 99% of companion damage and utility comes from abilities
actually 99% of companion damage comes from Verglas, specifically

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, I hate these new Ordis lines, holy poo poo. These won a competition?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Enemy highlight is such a nice feature, it is much better suited to this game's pace to know where to shoot rather than need to pixel hunt the grey-green grineer shoulder peeking over the grey-green decorative objects

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I imagine it'll be changed in qol 2: electric boogaloo, but hydroid's new 3 is not a cumulative skill or cast to refresh. Every cast will take a new value based on available targets, so be aware of that so you don't accidentally tank your armor.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Captainicus posted:

Enemy highlight is such a nice feature, it is much better suited to this game's pace to know where to shoot rather than need to pixel hunt the grey-green grineer shoulder peeking over the grey-green decorative objects

Something I noticed when setting up a Helios to scan stuff for me is how nice it is for random entities to suddenly get highlighted. From the plains where shaders make the Grineer camouflage highly effective to whatever the heck is going on in Deimos. Realized quick that Helios only scans things a certain number of times max so this quality of life effect is limited time

no longer!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
why in the screaming gently caress is Dagath's mission token only with no randos, why DE? Everyone hated that.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

When they said it was supposed to be like the old void key missions the only thing I could remember was lengthy defense missions. Instead they're a little like syndicate medallion hunts with an easy gimmick, the people you need to 'rescue' show up on the map from a tile away and then they mark the resource for you. It took maybe an hour or a little over to get all the resources needed for dagath and her whip, and it's real easy to run them back to back because only one person uses a key and they only cost 5k syndicate rep. And it's real easy to find people to run with... for now, she could be a real poo poo grind in the near and far future.

It's not amazing or even a cool new simple mode that'll be used for anything but Dagath, but it could be a lot worse

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The SP versions do get kinda spicy and that's fun, although the real difficulty was me running into a couple of new day-1-mainline softlock bugs.

The only real nitpick i have with the mode is that having to carry the thing kinda ruins having fun with primary weapons.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Echophonic posted:

Man, I hate these new Ordis lines, holy poo poo. These won a competition?

Yeah, I haven't muted ordis but I think I will now.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I wish you could just change his comment frequency. I like Ordis when he's doing mission stuff or even the occasional, rare comment but the dude is like every 30 seconds making a dumb joke while I'm on my orbiter trying to perfect my cosplay and like, shut up you stupid cube

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This game has sound???

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The game has very good sound, it just also has a list of 5 jokes on a seemingly 60s countdown timer.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Hour posted:

This game has sound???

I bet none of you even heard the new Dagath mission music :smugdog:

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Ordis always shows up when I'm trying to feed my helminth and I can't see poo poo until he's done with his dumb speech bubble.

I wish I could feed him to my orbiter friend.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Is there a way to see if your Dojo has a room under construction short of going around to each node? I was going to build the dagath segment for lljk(ps) but didn't want to start it if someone else already had, and our Dojo is pretty labyrinthine.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
This recent addition reminded me that I really do need to go re-architect some of my clan's dojo.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Holy poo poo hunting has become easy with the new update, im driveby archwinging mergoos and condrocs like a redneck with a pickup truck and spotlight

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I do wish that you could move dojo parts around rather than meticulous and expensive demolition/reconstruction

It's very silly and rather nasty monetization-wise

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's annoying and time consuming for sure, but expensive? Nah. The clan gets fully refunded when you demolish a room, including any plat that may have been used to rush a build.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

...I was not aware of the Vault system until looking it up just now, admittedly

I was rather low/completely out of forma for some time upon rejoining the game and building out a long hall to make a drydock, out of my own pocket, didn't help.

Well, good to know.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/17bfct6/helios_shred_sp_heavy_gunner_now/

So this is a thing. Helios with Decon can solo level 190 SP heavy gunners.

Also Duplex Bond is neat but it doesn't work at all with frames that don't actually have energy (Hildryn, Lavos, etc.). :smith:

EDIT: Ok I just realized something silly. Reinforced Bond gives you 60% attack speed IF your pet has 1200 MAX overshields (it doesn't give a poo poo about current shields)... which includes MELEE ATTACK SPEED. And then Tenacious Bond gives you 1.2x crit multipler (it says "Final Critical Damage Multiplier", so I assume it's just a flat 1.2x because the wiki hasn't updated about any of this poo poo yet).

Who loves Crit Damage AND Melee Haste? Oh, yeah, it's my boy Baruuk. That 60% attack speed from RB loving stacks with Arcane Strike. It's amazing. He punches like a machine gun.

This is what I'm currently running with my spore cat. Bite gives 86% crit, and the max shields are 1295.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think reinforced bond is working as intended, but it sure is great while it lasts.