Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ymgve posted:

Hanging out in ibiza with a bunch of friends and partying with famous people, able to do whatever I want, and I've never felt more isolated.

— Markus Persson (@notch) August 29, 2015

I swear these losers spend more money avoiding human contact than a fuckin level 4 lab and then they piss away just as much on loudly whining about how nobody wants be their friend

just get on a bus, someone will inevitably show up and talk to you dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

qirex posted:

turns out if you’re a boring rear end in a top hat when you’re broke buying a bunch of stuff and not changing anything about yourself otherwise doesn’t magically cause the babes to line up

see: elon musk
e: wrong thread

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

rowkey bilbao posted:

see: elon musk
e: wrong thread

Bitcoin and Musk are spiritually identical: vile, worthless and destructive things that should be unbirthed and aborted, inexplicably worshipped by a braying mass of howlingly stupid cretins.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

can you imagine elon musk getting on a bus?? no, you cannot, it is impossible

and neither can bitcoih

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Grace Baiting posted:

can you imagine elon musk getting on a bus?? no, you cannot, it is impossible

and neither can bitcoih

What if the bus ran in an underground tube and then erupted into a lithium fire?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

FAUXTON posted:

just get on a bus, someone will inevitably show up and talk to you dude

as someone who rides the bus, i wish they wouldn't

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I ride the bus fairly regularly and luckily I haven't really been approached by anyone

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://x.com/molly0xFFF/status/1714684460493353109?s=20

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

check out this weird bullshit:

quote:

Joseon, a unique digital dynasty weaving the past with the present, launches the first-ever cyber nation state on blockchain and invites crypto enthusiasts from all over the world to take part in amazing IEOs.

Legendary Korean dynasty back as blockchain ecosystem
Joseon, a virtual nation state rooted in the Korean history of the Middle Ages and early modern period, released a detailed whitepaper. Joseon is not a fresh construct but a reverberation from 1392 — a dynastic state known for its Confucian ethos and remarkable innovations like Hangul, the Korean written script. Joseon has reimagined itself and has been legally recognized as a sovereign cyber nation in the international realm.

Namely, the new state was officially recognized by Antigua and Barbuda, a UN member state. The legal tapestry of Joseon reveals a unique design. It is a realm not bound by geographical demarcations but by digital dominions. The essence of sovereignty here is not tethered to land - as nation-states traditionally are - but sprawls across cyberspace, a concept that is as intriguing as it is revolutionary.

It also replaces the traditional concept of citizenship by denizenship centered on a personal interest corporation called a "denizen"; it allows a synergy between physical and cyber identities, crafting a new social narrative where reputations are fungible.

Its economic system is based on the Mun cryptocurrency. Mun is the equivalent of fiat currencies in Joseon. Besides being a reliable censorship-resistant medium of exchange in Joseon, it is also an ambitious and transparent statement of Joseon's economic vision.

It is structured to fuel government operations, acknowledge the toil of officials and foster entrepreneurship. The notion of an "unbannable" cryptocurrency stemming from a sovereign entity like Joseon is a riveting notion and probably a cue for other digital dominions.

Joseon becomes first-ever globally recognized cyber nation-state

According to the Code of National Governance, the digital nation-state of Joseon recognizes all languages as its national languages and all religions as official ones.

The country was reimagined by Joseon King Andrew Lee as a digital nation without territory or borders. In this status, it was recognized by Antigua and Barbuda: the two countries inked a treaty that supports education, economic investment and other developmental initiatives and provides the basis for long-standing friendly relations.

Speaking to U.Today, representatives of the country stressed its unique legal design and state management model:
[Joseon] is a crypto safe haven in this world where you can legally engage in crypto without any risk of any kind because sovereignty is the absolute authority in this world and another sovereignty doesn't have authority over another sovereignty

Per their official statement, cryptocurrencies represent legal tender in Joseon and can be used for investments, daily payments and cross-border transactions.

Joseon's denizens can take part in FDOC and WIN token sales

As a contribution to the global crypto ecosystem, Joseon invites all of its supporters to participate in a number of unique token sales.

First, crypto enthusiasts can purchase FDOC tokens. The First Day Out Collective, or FDOC, represents a tokenized stake in the song "Rundown Spaz ft. Kanye West - First Day Out (Freestyle) Pt. 2" and a voice in its ownership direction and future business. The sale will be organized on the Latoken exchange on Oct. 16, 2023.

Also, to benefit from the success of the song "Winners Win" by Lil' Flip and D-Man The Underdog, crypto owners can purchase WIN tokens on Latoken starting from Oct. 18, 2023.

The list of "ministers" is a who's who of crypto bullshit artists.

What's the over/under for this being a North Korean front?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Soylent Pudding posted:

What if the bus ran in an underground tube and then erupted into a lithium fire?

rename them "16 pax autopods" and musk will at least think about it in simulation, but he then refuses anyway while tweeting badly

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

DarkSol posted:

get a tld, losers

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DarkSol posted:

how could it be a front for north korea if the technology minister has done no wrong

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i feel like 8k is suspiciously low for a murder contract

you're gonna wind up with like, a hitman they found on fiverr or something

e: the full article says the $8k was a 50% down payment, but $16k still seems way too low

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you expected 47 and got 5

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

About a week later, on April 29, 2022, Wan electronically transferred another payment of approximately $8,000 worth of Bitcoin to the dark web marketplace to ensure his escrow account contained the total required to complete the order. Shortly thereafter, Wan posted the following in a forum on the dark web marketplace: “How soon should work be done? I have submitted an Order and curious how quickly it should be carried out? Is there a way I can find out any progress? If there is anyone in my location?”

why doesn't this murder for hire service have an order tracker that shows the GPS location of the hitman like a grubhub delivery driver dammit

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Shame Boy posted:

why doesn't this murder for hire service have an order tracker that shows the GPS location of the hitman like a grubhub delivery driver dammit

uberhits

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Killr

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
airbne

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

ladise and gentlenem i think we have an imposter in here

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

i love these people ordering a hit and treating it like an art commission lol

hey just checking in, what's the progress?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

DarkSol posted:

not terribly surprised they don't have a korean translation lol

i'd put the over/under at uhh 0/0 though. north koreans are all about juche, joseon dynasty nostalgia is very much a south korean thing

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Blotto_Otter posted:

really need anyone who has any familiarity at all with American colleges/college football to click through to the full story, the excerpts don't really establish just how thoroughly this dude is archetypal Georgia frat boy. i only got a couple of paragraphs in before I started hearing a gaggle of dudes in red polo shirts shouting "go dawgs arf arf arf arf"

someone needs to get this story to Spencer Hall, it’s like finding out the super Miami booster was a huge fraud guy

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
its not mentioned in the article but I assume the hitman site was a sting operation

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ymgve posted:

its not mentioned in the article but I assume the hitman site was a sting operation

i can't believe hitmen.darkweb was fake!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

i feel like 8k is suspiciously low for a murder contract

you're gonna wind up with like, a hitman they found on fiverr or something

e: the full article says the $8k was a 50% down payment, but $16k still seems way too low

otoh $8k to have someone claim they're going to murder someone seems about the right rate.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
doordaesh

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

4lokos basilisk posted:

ladise and gentlenem i think we have an imposter in here

wow way to betray the 219 you scammer hero member t:mad:t

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://x.com/innercitypress/status/1714722056464461946?s=20

Edit:
https://x.com/innercitypress/status/1714731217227047251?s=20
finally, one of the most infuriating messages from SBF after the collapse get admitted to evidence. from his interview with Kelsey Piper of Vox

i remember people saying "how is he not arrested if he's saying poo poo like that" and the response being "this will show up in the trial" and what do you know?

also lol at sam's lawyer trying to not get it admitted as evidence because "These are prejudicial. He thought the person was a friend." 1. Journalists are never your friend. 2. i guess you gotta try.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 18, 2023

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
sbf: i could do so many more crimes if people weren't trying to stop me from doing them!

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

raminasi posted:

sbf: i could do so many more crimes if people weren't trying to stop me from doing them!

he should be thankful, how can you commit a crime if there’s no regulation to criminalize your actions? a crime-based lifeform can only be exist in a regulatory environment

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

junan_paalla posted:

he should be thankful, how can you commit a crime if there’s no regulation to criminalize your actions? a crime-based lifeform can only be exist in a regulatory environment

more laws mean more laws to break!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
AUSA Sassoon: Mr. Bankman-Fried, did you commit all of the aforementioned crimes?
SBF: ya
SBF: hehe

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
he’s broken every human law, he breaks the law of gravity

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

by day he is the country's foremost lawmaker, having created hundreds of new laws over the course of his career. by night he is sbf, the pure embodiment of crime

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 18, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Boxturret posted:

i can't believe hitmen.darkweb was fake!

rentahitman dot com is closing in on three dozen convictions since 2005

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You know, that dumb game people play where they pretend to experience negative emotions when they hurt other people.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Ariong posted:

You know, that dumb game people play where they pretend to experience negative emotions when they hurt other people.

he's such a loathsome individual. i hate him so loving much.

anyways prosecution has two more witnesses and then they're done. they want to know which witnesses the defense is going to call, so if he's going to speak up, he's gotta decide now.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Ariong posted:

sam bankman "I basically don't have a soul" fried knows how to play these silly games the so called humans play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

gschmidl posted:

Bitcoin and Musk are spiritually identical: vile, worthless and destructive things that should be unbirthed and aborted, inexplicably worshipped by a braying mass of howlingly stupid cretins.

:hmmyes: