Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wtf who says that to their friend

a dumb teenager who is worried about her friend for good reasons, but can't express it in a non-hurtful way because of the aforementioned being dumb and a teenager

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wtf who says that to their friend

Aren't they sisters?

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

McGavin posted:

Aren't they sisters?

Nah, they’re close friends who call each other that.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Yeah, while it wouldn't be unusual to call an older acquaintance/friend "onee-chan", I'm pretty sure Hina and Sara are actual sisters.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
what is the chi honorific they use for gorou

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

In the Japanese Hina calls Gorou "ゴローちん", Gorou-chin. "Chin" is just a cutesy nickname way for saying -chan.

I went with "Gorou-chi" because it kinda looks and sounds like "grouchy" and that's cute enough. I also didn't want anyone to get confused with "chin", as in the lower part of one's face.

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 16, 2023

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 104

Whelp, finally burned through my stock of pre-translated panels. Thanks, past me! Good luck, future me!

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

I went with "Gorou-chi" because it kinda looks and sounds like "grouchy" and that's cute enough. I also didn't want anyone to get confused with "chin", as in the lower part of one's face.

And "chinchin" is an even lower part! And also the command for a dog to sit and beg.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

MONSTER

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:ohdear:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hopefully NEET isn't about to senselessly lose a friend, he has a hard time making those

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
oh god he's going to flash back to the pro saying he always holds himself back when he thinks he'll lose

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Don't worry, sunglasses is going to get some soba and a pack of smokes, say something stupid, and leave

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Agronox posted:

Don't worry, sunglasses is going to get some soba and a pack of smokes, say something stupid, and leave

We are going to get lost in many pages of puzzling what that guys deal even was

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:rip: anamuna

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I for one welcome our new main character

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Really excited to spend the next four months learning about this guy before he unceremoniously disappears from the story.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Mr. Lobe posted:

Hopefully NEET isn't about to senselessly lose a friend, he has a hard time making those

im pretty sure that's his mom, since he told neet his parents own the convenience store

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
bring back raincoat man

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mix. posted:

im pretty sure that's his mom, since he told neet his parents own the convenience store

People are afraid the customer who just walked in is going to do something violent.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DrPossum posted:

bring back raincoat man

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Hot Stunt posted:

Really excited to spend the next four months learning about this guy before he unceremoniously disappears from the story.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mix. posted:

I mean aunama is about to get got by a robber

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

This is exactly what I love about this comic. Sorta like dragonball, it doesn't follow the normal rules of a work of fiction. There isn't necessarily going to be a payoff or catharsis or anything.

In a regular work you would know that after the talk with the pro gamer about losing and his conversation with his mum, something dramatic and probably bad is going to happen with this shady looking dude. In this he might just buy some crackers and gently caress off.

I'm on the edge of my goddamn seat.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Oh poo poo her eyes turned white

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Big sis is going to murder her!!!

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Was “that isn’t normal” some variant of chigau?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Guy in the raincoat is Enami’s cousin. I hope his arc is cryptozoology.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

oh god he's going to flash back to the pro saying he always holds himself back when he thinks he'll lose

Which is why he’s going to die attempting to stop this armed robbery

The next day NEET will go “wow he really just quit his job huh” and then spend a couple panels saying how ugly/annoying princess looks is what she’s crying

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

hyphz posted:

My bet's on "okaashi deshou ?!"

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

hyphz posted:

The most common used word for "normal, average, ordinary" in Japanese is 普通, futsuu.

What Hina is actually saying here is 異常, ijou, "abnormal, aberrant, deviant". It's actually the same word she used here:

But "that isn't normal" sounds more natural in English than Hina calling her sister a flat-out deviant, I think. Especially during a shouting match. :shrug:

Interestingly, in that comic Sara does indeed say 違うよ, chigau yo, "That's wrong/incorrect." In some instances it feels more natural to say "that's not it" in English.

kiminewt posted:

My bet's on "okaashi deshou ?!"

That's a pretty good guess too. "Isn't that strange/weird!?"

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

野郎

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Armed robbery incoming

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
Somebody please make a gangtag for the karaage boys because I'll gladly fly that flag

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
it's right here

waiting for the skills

who is bad enough to hang

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Armed robbery incoming

:ohdear: I hope raincoat man saves the day :allears:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Armed robbery incoming

Original Clerks ending incoming.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

「スイッチが入る」 "suicchi ga hairu", "to get switched on", has got to be one of NEET Author's favorite idioms. Basically, it means to have a sudden change in mood, to get excited, to get "turned on" (no, not that way).