Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

muscles like this! posted:

This week's episode is up on Hulu but who knows if this will continue as they don't have any future listings.

Postseason baseball is taking up most of TBS for two more weeks. American Dad then finishes the season from October 30th to December 18th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

No episode today is making me close to going bananas....

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Nichael posted:

No episode today is making me close to going bananas....

do it, Nichael. go bananas

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://x.com/sorryimrissi/status/1711809870851137802?s=20

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Currently you need to change ‘x.com’ to ‘twitter.com’ for embeds to work

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I'm sure voice actors love it when fans bug them about shipping.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

TheFattestPat posted:

I'm sure voice actors love it when fans bug them about shipping.

Live action actors aren't too fond either, at least from what I saw with Supernatural.

Coincidentally Snot's actor plays a hammy villain for a while later on in that show, ,at one point practically channeling the performance of Snot doing the morning announcements

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

reaganomics lamborghini

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

FireWorksWell posted:

Live action actors aren't too fond either, at least from what I saw with Supernatural.

Coincidentally Snot's actor plays a hammy villain for a while later on in that show, ,at one point practically channeling the performance of Snot doing the morning announcements

Are you sure you don't mean Doom Patrol?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I’m rewatching old seasons and Big Trouble in Little Langley, woof. I don’t really get why everything involving Francine’s family is just extra turbo racist. This one’s up there with Camp Refugee and Lincoln Lover on the skip next time list.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Agreed on your point with Big Trouble, though I could never skip Camp Refoogee because of the Francine/Roger subplot.

Neeksy posted:

Are you sure you don't mean Doom Patrol?

Yep, I've not seen Doom Patrol

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 17, 2023

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FireWorksWell posted:

Agreed on your point with Big Trouble, though I could never skip Camp Refoogee because of the Francine/Roger subplot.
Yeah, the Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf cosplay is amazing. I think that's Roger's first fleshed out persona, too. The parts at the camp are super turbo cringey though, up there with Stan of Arabia.

Man this show really got better in later seasons, with occasional stumbles like American Fung or White Rice [more Asian racism, quelle surprise!]

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Big Trouble" is super cringey...but man, I love that musical number.

"White Rice," though, that's one that I realized on my rewatch that I had just completely wiped from my memory - and for good reason! It's like they looked at all the previous crap they'd done with Francine's parents and said "Yeah, but we can do worse, right? A lot worse?"

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I will defend White Rice if only for the "SWEEPS IS DEAD!!!" joke.

Still one of my favorite jokes in the whole series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Francine's show getting cancelled after one joke. If you want really aging poorly there's For Black Eyes Only with the absolutely terrible decision to have Wendy Schaal voice the black clone of Sexpun. Although I think they've learned their lesson seeing what they recently did with black Steve.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Two different voice actors even, way to sell the "there's more than one black Steve" joke. I wonder which one was Lewis' kid, or maybe neither of them were from the universe where Stan is a single man. There could be three black Steves, or even more. An infinite number of black Steves!

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

In Country Club is one of the best episodes hands down and we’ll just all agree that Roger never dresses up as a vietnamese prison guard

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I think the joke with White Rice is too high concept for its own good, and ends up just BEING a bit too racist rather than making fun of cheap racism comedy a la jeff dunham. Roger revived a career from a time where standup was even worse with material that is intentionally not very good/funny, and she hinges all of her humor on a "i can say it, you can't" based on her background as if that gives her a free pass, etc. The problem is that the show doesn't really do a very good job of framing it that way until the very end when the show gets canceled after one joke due to the sheer widespread outrage in the asian community.

It's the same kind of issue with American Fung where satirically there's a concept that makes logical sense, but it's not actually entertaining to watch play out.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Cannot recommend Doom Patrol strongly enough.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Harold Fjord posted:

Agreed. I generally bounce off superhero stuff pretty hard, but Doom Patrol does it so well.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Harold Fjord posted:

Sell me on it please

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i for one bounced off of doom patrol and I gave it four episodes

I really wanted to like it because alan tudyk rules

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RC Cola posted:

Sell me on it please

It is a show about a bunch of weirdos and outcasts who get into extremely weird adventures. There are sex ghosts, time traveling robots, a donkey, a sentient gay crossdressing street named Danny the Street and Flex Mentallo the man of muscle mystery.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It's got lots of stuff about loss and mortality and lots of silliness. Origin story trauma. Very emotional and weird and invokes all the best things about comic books.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 20, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

Postseason baseball is taking up most of TBS for two more weeks. American Dad then finishes the season from October 30th to December 18th.

So looking at Hulu's listings they have the episode from October 30th going up on the 31st.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I exclusively watch the most racially inflammatory episodes :twisted:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/americandad/comments/17habsj/its_been_a_while_but_i_finally_got_around_to_do/
This is kind of fun, someone did drawings of what personas look like to outsiders.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

that's really cool! It was fun trying to place all the characters in the fourth pic.

It also reminded me of "I sucked seven dicks!! And I didn't even get to Ronnie!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh nice I was able to recognize which episodes all the personas are from even in human form! It's a useless talent to have, but I'm glad I've got it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Didn't take a stab at Fantasia Lopez, I notice

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cream covered boy?

Cream covered boy!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Z.O.I.N.C.S.
Season 20, Episode 15 - October 30, 2023
It's Halloween night and Stan is missing, so the Smith gang heads to the spooky, abandoned CIA headquarters to investigate.

https://twitter.com/americandadtbs/status/1718703976772665562

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
They make a great mystery team lol

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh man, please let Roger miss the note and be dressed like Jabberjaw.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh man, please let Roger miss the note and be dressed like Jabberjaw.

Speed Buggy

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Davros1 posted:

Speed Buggy

Funky Phantom.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Klaus's costume cracks me up

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think that was two outdoor pizza oven commercials so far.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it just my tv or does it look like they keep forgetting that Jeff's hair and beard are supposed to be different colors? Because it keeps switching from different to the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm glad we got to see Roger in London.