Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Did my part and bought an oled switch so you guys can have your precious switch 2 not backward compatible buy all these Wii U games again version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Waffle! posted:

FYI Mario isn't donkey punching Yoshi in Super Mario World, but gesturing for him to eat something.

Uh excuse me but Mario would never gently caress his friend yoshi

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

For myriad reasons

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Elephanthead posted:

Did my part and bought an oled switch so you guys can have your precious switch 2 not backward compatible buy all these Wii U games again version.

I’ve always been back and forth on buying an OLED, but I’m like 75/25 docked to the huge screen, versus playing hand held, so I can’t really justify it :shobon:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

eightysixed posted:

I’ve always been back and forth on buying an OLED, but I’m like 75/25 docked to the huge screen, versus playing hand held, so I can’t really justify it :shobon:

I did it because I sold my hackable launch switch for 300, so I mostly just got a new warranty and all

Plus the benefits when I use it handheld like 1% of the time

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

maybeadracula posted:

I did it because I sold my hackable launch switch for 300, so I mostly just got a new warranty and all

Plus the benefits when I use it handheld like 1% of the time

Aren't they all hackable now?
I wonder if I could get $300 for my launch day Switch. I'd likely pull the trigger if so.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
IIRC the new version and OLED are technically hackable with a soldered mod chip but it's much harder on the OLED.

I upgraded to OLED earlier this year and use it undocked a lot more than I expected to. It is heavier than my launch switch so I don't always do handheld but the new kickstand is really nice and I end up using it tabletop pretty often.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I'm never going to hack/mod/jailbreak or whatever the thing (online is fun), but if launch day Switches are still going for $300 to someone who wants to do that, I'd take it, and go OLED.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

Biggest freaks on the planet posting freely in the Switch thread.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

eightysixed posted:

I'm never going to hack/mod/jailbreak or whatever the thing (online is fun), but if launch day Switches are still going for $300 to someone who wants to do that, I'd take it, and go OLED.

I remember a few months ago people itt mentioned they go for closer to ~$120 these days. Or something way under $300, either way. But I don't keep up with that at all, so I have no idea where the price range is currently.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

eightysixed posted:

I thought the OLED thing was over hyped but recently started using an OLED laptop for work and it is nice.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So what’s everyone most excited for for Wonder?

Mine is the transformation stages.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What little I’ve read about it sounds similar to SMB3/Galaxy (the two best Mario games) where it’s not afraid to introduce a new gimmick and only use it for a single stage. Hope it’s as creative and inventive as everyone seems to be saying it is.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

prob gonna do game voucher for mario and uh, mario rpg? I don't think there's anything else coming out for switch this year that's eligible

American McGay posted:

What little I’ve read about it sounds similar to SMB3/Galaxy (the two best Mario games) where it’s not afraid to introduce a new gimmick and only use it for a single stage. Hope it’s as creative and inventive as everyone seems to be saying it is.

man I really would love a new Galaxy game. I loved Odyssey but Galaxy does what you described---tons of fun levels that don't outstay their welcome so you get a lot of variety and interesting ideas.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Dracula Appraiser posted:

I remember a few months ago people itt mentioned they go for closer to ~$120 these days. Or something way under $300, either way. But I don't keep up with that at all, so I have no idea where the price range is currently.
Yea, that's sort of what I was thinking.
I'm just going to stick the the OG until something new pops up :whatup:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so like this is off topic but is there, like, an x-box community thread like this one for the Switch/Nintendo and the Playstation thread for Sony?

edit - nevermind, found it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Switch 2 will have Earthbound 64 and both Vigilante 8 games and all my friends will come over to play and my mom is gonna get us pizza and we can stay up as late as we want

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nodosaur posted:

so like this is off topic but is there, like, an x-box community thread like this one for the Switch/Nintendo and the Playstation thread for Sony?

You know what they say, Games don't got any Xbox.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hey guys, do you know why they call it the XBOX 360?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

alright guys, I get it.

Nintendo. Marios. Zeldas. Metroid. Etc.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Nodosaur posted:

alright guys, I get it.

Nintendo. Marios. Zeldas. Metroid. Etc.

This guy gets it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

wowie and/or zowie

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I’ve heard some people calling him “Super” Mario these days, out of respect for how good Wonder is.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nodosaur posted:

So what’s everyone most excited for for Wonder?

Mine is the transformation stages.

I want a 2d Mario that makes me feel like i did with Mario 3

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want a Mario that's like a dirty bum and he comes up to you and you're about to hit him cause he's a dirty bum, but then you get a good look at him, and he says "It's a me, Mario"

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Man you can’t be out here hitting bums

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm actually not excited at all for Wonder, which means I'll get it and accidentally become obsessed with it and declare it's a masterpiece in about a week.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's been a full over 10 years since a true masterpiece was released in super mario galaxy 2

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

It's been a full over 10 years since a true masterpiece was released in super mario galaxy 2

Odyssey tho

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Odyssey is better than Galaxy 2.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Galaxy 2 is peak, Odyssey is really good though

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

symbolic posted:

Odyssey tho

Haven't played it

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

Odyssey tho

:hai:

a.lo posted:

Odyssey is better than Galaxy 2.

:haibrow:

I like the more free form nature of Odyssey. I went back a year ago and 100% it and what an incredible game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

Haven't played it

you gotta rectify that

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I haven't played Galaxy 2, or even beaten Odyssey yet, but if it doesn't let me possess a T-Rex and smash through the first actual level then it can't beat Odyssey no matter how good it is. :v:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Which was the mario with bowsette?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I did the sell your launch switch for a zelda oled thing and now i play alot more portable

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Meowywitch posted:

Haven't played it
:goofy:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

Haven't played it

What the hell is wrong with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, so, I just checked the Switch Online game libraries, and I know I'm pretty late to the party, but the latest update to the Game Boy selection is, like, kind of brilliant? I mean, Quest for Camelot is objectively a terrible game, but, for all the thirty-somethings like me out there, think about it. Every, and I mean every, kid's Game Boy collection back in the day was a handful of actually good games, and then there was always that one lovely licensed game mixed in there (it was The Pagemaster for me). The collection feels so much more authentic now.