Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

VROOM VROOM posted:

AA,SB they just pop out the other side and go home

If I recall, that's not exactly what happens they pop out in a mirror world that could be hell or maybe a perfect copy of the above world. "So below" etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

In that case, They/Them might count, too. Though the "slash" play on words might disqualify it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There's a dancing pedophile in blackface for gently caress's sake.

I do not remember that movie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

STAC Goat posted:

I do not remember that movie.

At the end of Return of the Living Dead 2 convicted child molester Brian Peck shows up in blackface to look like Michael Jackson in Thriller.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I just got done with the first hour of Terrifier 2, and considering how much I despised the first one I kinda love this? I felt I was ready for something wacky after watching The Killing of a Sacred Deer earlier, and so far I feel I got a pretty good double feature going.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

lmfao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah bro it kicks rear end! It’s actually really funny and has a good time with it. It’s edgy and mean but it’s winking the whole time.

I wasn’t a big fan of terrifier 1 so seeing T2 just completely blew me away. I’m now an art the clown stan.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You’re the best poster in this thread and it’s not even close. Please find some way to put this online so it can go viral and you can make millions and be happy and content forever bc you deserve it lmao

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

You’ve been killing it with these

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I also gotta get back on troma. I got into them hard after SLiTHER came out and I just started watching everything Gunn did, which lead to learning about Lloyd and watched i believe all the toxies and sgt kabukiman, nukem high and of course tromeo and juliet.

They were so fun.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i recently rewatched the first Toxie for the first time since i was a teenager and very much enjoyed myself. that movie is deep in my DNA.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i recently rewatched the first Toxie for the first time since i was a teenager and very much enjoyed myself. that movie is deep in my DNA.

I recently rewatched it to and had a good time……then I watched the sequels….

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Thank you everyone for being very nice, but I'm just here to make all my fellow idiot violence perverts laugh. Unless one of you is loving rich, in which case you can send me an obscene amount of money. At least some of it will be used to fund the aforementioned thread project Scare Bud.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

drat so Return of the Living Dead II is a total failure huh? Where'd they go wrong?
Is it just sort of a shittier retread?

It's just a giant disappointment after ROTLD was so good. Almost all of the characters in part 2 are generic, forgettable kids and teenagers whereas in ROTLD all of the characters have distinct personalities. I'm struggling to picture any of the heroes of part 2 while I can remember almost all of the punks from part 1 even though I watched part 2 on Sunday and part 1 back in July.

There are two characters from part 2 I can remember, and that's because they're literally from part 1. It's the same actors, but since they died in part 1 they have new names and new jobs and that's it. They have the exact same relationship, the same thing happens to them in the sequel, and they even reuse dialogue from part 1. It was a really strange choice.

One thing the makers must have decided the audience wanted to see more of after part 1 was more talking zombies, but this time they should be doing comedy bits.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Thank you everyone for being very nice, but I'm just here to make all my fellow idiot violence perverts laugh. Unless one of you is loving rich, in which case you can send me an obscene amount of money. At least some of it will be used to fund the aforementioned thread project Scare Bud.

Fund my moopie first

(I’m going to drop the crowd funding for it by the end of the month. It’s time. I need to make a feature.)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Fund my moopie first

(I’m going to drop the crowd funding for it by the end of the month. It’s time. I need to make a feature.)

Yeah let's do that instead!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Fund my moopie first

yes!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t know how long the sag strikes are going on for so I might have make the movie for cheaper to hit the micro budget limit. I don’t know yet.

But it’s gonna be alienated. I think the script is almost there. I got some good feedback from a few people. So rewriting now

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'll only fund a movie if its called Director's Cut like every other home horror project

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah bro it kicks rear end! It’s actually really funny and has a good time with it. It’s edgy and mean but it’s winking the whole time.

I wasn’t a big fan of terrifier 1 so seeing T2 just completely blew me away. I’m now an art the clown stan.

Yeah, that was a lot of fun. It's not even that mean, not meaner than most slashers. There are, like, two scenes that kind of remind of the first movie with the nastiness and the cruelty but gently caress it, the whole framing is different and that makes all the difference in the world.

Art fan now.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gaz2k21 posted:

I recently rewatched it to and had a good time……then I watched the sequels….

Should’ve skipped right to Toxie 4

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

are any of the Phantasm sequels worth watching? or is it a downward spiral

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Phy posted:

Could you put together a movie night based on films with nonspecific noun names? (not sure what the actual terminology here is)

As in:
The Stuff
The Thing
...?

They Live?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

alf_pogs posted:

are any of the Phantasm sequels worth watching? or is it a downward spiral

It's a downward spiral, but they're all quite watchable apart from IV.

(Yes, I appreciated Phantasm V. Sue me - they had some interesting ideas, and Angus Scrimm got to go out on his shield.)

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Depending on what you're into, I could see some people liking Phantasm 2 more. It's kind of an Evil Dead 1 vs 2 situation.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mandy totally stole the “guy pulling out a chainsaw, other guy pulling out a comically much bigger chainsaw” gag from Phantasm II and i’m still pissed about it

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I'm like, on the complete opposite fence with Terrifier where I found the first one a neat, mean-spirited and genuinely scary and surprising horror movie that did exactly what it set out to do, meanwhile, Terrifier 2 was overlong and going through the motions

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Phantasm 2 is bigger and dumber than the first one, but it still definitely has that stress dream feel the first one has.

I've got 3, 4 and 5 ready to go soon, god help me.

I'm also getting more and more tempted to give Terrifier 2 a shot.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Phantasm 2 is bigger and dumber than the first one, but it still definitely has that stress dream feel the first one has.

I've got 3, 4 and 5 ready to go soon, god help me.

They’re all good. People will tell you 5 is bad but they just don’t want you to have a good time

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

As long as I get at least one Tall Man "BOY" per movie, that's enough.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i'm definitely gonna watch Phantasm II due to the promise of chainsaws. poo poo, may as well watch all of them, right

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Deadite posted:

One thing the makers must have decided the audience wanted to see more of after part 1 was more talking zombies, but this time they should be doing comedy bits.
Now that's true terror

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Mandy totally stole the “guy pulling out a chainsaw, other guy pulling out a comically much bigger chainsaw” gag from Phantasm II and i’m still pissed about it

It's an homage

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

It's an homage

it's theft. the Mandy nepo baby director should give Don Coscarelli one million dollars

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Which is the Phantasm where Reggie builds the quad shotgun. I think its 3. That one rules.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Which is the Phantasm where Reggie builds the quad shotgun. I think its 3. That one rules.

that's 2 also actually. they were def trying to one-up the gear up from Evil Dead 2

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the Mandy nepo baby director
Pictured here:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I love nepo baby director and I won’t apologize for it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

that's 2 also actually. they were def trying to one-up the gear up from Evil Dead 2

I could have sworn it was 3 but yeah Quad Shotgun is ridiculous and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I could have sworn it was 3 but yeah Quad Shotgun is ridiculous and good

it sticks around for 3. the fans loved the quad shotgun.