Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1714800436505628828?t=Tdf6QAWR1FoJvy4e0ec9lw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

salartarium posted:

I know I’m one of the few that still cares, but watching all these masses of people in Beruit, the Capitol, etc. my first thought is that these will be super spreader events. I’m still masking up until we’re out of flu season.

There was a lot of talk about this during BLM protests but it never seemed to pan out that way, might be different now since there's a lot less general masking but I think they'll be okay.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

salartarium posted:

Just wait until we have have to choose between Henry Kissinger (somehow) and Dick Cheney in 2032.

two of the youngest people in american politics

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Zodium posted:

sobriety ftw

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

maruhkati posted:

Many irresponsible and hosed up ways that the media is misleading the West about this war, but the absolute failure to convey what a colossal shitshow it would be if this becomes a regional war involving Iran is absolutely one of them.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

I can't wait to see the scathing Daily Show piece on israeli War crimes

Instead, it will be about how stupid and childish the protesters are

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Zodium posted:

sobriety ftw

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

What did the raliens do this time

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nothus posted:

The latest from Seymour Hersh:

This sort of sucks. I'm sure Hersh accurately reported what he was being told by a source with info in the US, but that source doesn't seem to know poo poo. They don't even know what Netanyahu is thinking, while claiming to know the plans of Hezbollah and Iran.

quote:

The White House and Central Intelligence Agency are again at odds

There are intelligence analysts in Washington who estimate that Netanyahu, who is emerging as the strongman in Israel’s new emergency unity government, has no intention of letting any member of Hamas survive.

Netanyahu’s attitude, as assessed by the intelligence analysts, I was told, amounts to a determination “to wipe out Hamas.”

In the American intelligence view, the Hamas raid failed in every way.

The American assessment is that the Hamas leadership began planning the attack two years ago

The most vital supporter of the Hamas raid, I was told, was the Iranian government, whose leadership in Tehran was directly involved, in terms of money and materials for the October 7 attacks. “The Iranians,” the official said caustically, “want to attack Israel with every Palestinian they can find.” But “Iran did not realize how much murdering of civilians there would be. Hamas was crazed by blood.”

Despite Western fears, I was told, there has been no sign that the Hamas uprising served as an inspiration to Israel’s enemies.

In recent days, the Biden administration has deployed two American carrier groups, with squadrons of F-15, F-16, and A-10 combat jets, more than 10,000 Navy personnel and 2,000 Marines into the region in a show of support for Israel. “All the American services are jumping on it,” the official told me, “but Israel is saying, ‘Go Back. We don’t want your stuff.’” He went on: “There are no better pilots today than those in the Israeli Air Forces. Bibi’s got it under control and no Israeli is going to worry about the fate of the citizens of Gaza.”

So, asked the official, “Why is Biden banging on the door? Is the president going to tell Bibi: ‘You can’t do this’? Leave the Gaza refugees standing out on the border with Egypt.”

The official did not answer his rhetorical question. But he did ask if one reason for the president’s sudden trip “just might be to keep the Ukraine war off the front pages?”

Is the IOF really turning down US support right now because Israeli pilots are just that good?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

whoa

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

drat, didn't realize this guy could make jokes.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

This sort of sucks. I'm sure Hersh accurately reported what he was being told by a source with info in the US, but that source doesn't seem to know poo poo. They don't even know what Netanyahu is thinking, while claiming to know the plans of Hezbollah and Iran.

Is the IOF really turning down US support right now because Israeli pilots are just that good?

Seymour sources are always people who are at the bar and want to brag

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RealityWarCriminal posted:

We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality — judiciously, as you will — we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors ... and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.

would that be war crimes, OP?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

wait a minute

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Joementum posted:

some of those that work forces
are the same that…..

demand an end to apartheid and the liberation of the Palestinian people?

https://twitter.com/emerson_toomey/status/1714775099121783061?s=46

not a bad ploy tbh. taking notes

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

IOF thugs would never get that close to Gaza without shooting their own balls off for a deferment.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

FORMER ISRAEL PRIME MINISTER AND GENERAL Ehud Barak said Biden is a hero in Israel's eyes.

He said even Israeli leaders do not speak with such emotion and moral directness as Biden did.

So my fellow Americans I still say, IT IS ESSENTIAL that while we support Israel, we do not encourage Israel to act like Hamas and engage in genocide.

Biden's presence has perfectly caused Israel to pause (and think twice) about committing additional carnage. He also got Israel to allow entry of humanitarian aid.

Biden has continually denounced Hamas and continually shown support for Palestine and made clear the distinction between the two. He has also requested that 100 million in aid be sent to Gaza and the West Bank.

If anyone thinks that after Israel acts like Hamas and commits genocide, there will be peace - they are seriously mistaken.

What's difficult is the fact that some people (on earth) aren't that bright or smart enough to realize that a de-escalation is required. Some of them want more bloodshed.

It's odd to say, "I mourn the loss of all these Israeli children" and then say, "Hey, let's go kill some children."

We can do this folks. Just plan for peace. Make it happen.

A poll/survey/interview in Palestine in July showed that a MAJORITY of Palestinians are NOT in line with Hamas.

PLEASE DON'T BE that person so filled with hate that you ultimately don't help any cause.

Anger is 100% valid. Hate - not so much.

Yes, there are Palestinians who want nothing less than the total destruction of Israel and all Jews. But Newsflash - there are also Jews who want nothing less than the total destruction of Palestine and its people. Please don't be one of these people.

People (who are not these types of people) have valid arguments on both sides of the conversation. Depending on when one starts the history clock, both Israel and Palestine have valid claims to the land (figure out a way to listen to those claims).

It is the HATE that prevents progress. It's the hate that promotes false information. It's the hate that complicates things.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Is there a single person who was on the ground at the time of the attack who thinks it was an errant Palestinian rocket

Also, looking at the damage of the wreck, though it's no doubt less than what might've been initially anticipated, it's still way too much to be an errant rocket.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

VoicesCanBe posted:

Is there a single person who was on the ground at the time of the attack who thinks it was an errant Palestinian rocket

there's not a person anywhere who actually thinks that

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/1714811510382305559?s=20

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 38 minutes!

spacemang_spliff posted:

What did the raliens do this time

oh my god lmao, it's the same one kanye got in trouble for

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

I mean he just says it, he supports israel uncondiitionally and that of course would include a little lying to cover up their war crimes

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

anyone who ever thought this guy was cool or epic has dog brains

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Death By The Blues posted:

Israel confirming they have attacked parts of Syria and will continue to do so

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1714782329992782317

I'm not really well versed on the geography of the syrian conflict, where are the russian bases? Is any of that in areas where this whole thing could get a lot more ludicrous?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1714810448577474889?s=20

I wonder if the Turkish lobby is digging into their ad funds for theses.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Panicked tapping of earpiece: Off script! Off script!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1714810448577474889?s=20

activate the antigenocide pogostick brigade!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

reuters is reporting that in a few hours the idf will release proof that an israeli jdam was unwittingly pulled into the hospital by a supercharged Islamic Jihad MRI Machine

lmoa

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1714812636921991416?s=20

Meanwhile the US congress is still in the grips of chaos with no end in sight.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

there's not a person anywhere who actually thinks that

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The People's Forum in NYC does projector stuff pretty often
https://twitter.com/PeoplesForumNYC/status/1714424308632523168
https://twitter.com/PeoplesForumNYC/status/1711887480415207679

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

big pro Palestine rally in the Philippines right now. maybe gradenko is there.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1714812636921991416?s=20

Meanwhile the US congress is still in the grips of chaos with no end in sight.

mashallah

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

big pro Palestine rally in the Philippines right now. maybe gradenko is there.

he is i saw him

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The hardline Zionist ADL once again condemns Jewish Voice for Peace as extremist anti-Semites
https://twitter.com/JGreenblattADL/status/1714791772860072161

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

VoicesCanBe posted:

This may be what Israel was looking for by attacking the hospital. Create something so horrifying that it draws Lebanon, etc. into the conflict. At that point Biden throws in as well, and with direct US military support (as in boots on the ground), Israel has the cover it needs to invade Gaza.

Pairs with the article about the Israeli Army being useless, and what people have suspected since they parked outside Gaza and have trusted every part of the war so far - including escalation and deterrence - to the IAF.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Can't wait to hear from mayor Adam's about the terrorists already being in NYC spreading fear propaganda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

The hardline Zionist ADL once again condemns Jewish Voice for Peace as extremist anti-Semites
https://twitter.com/JGreenblattADL/status/1714791772860072161

"Germany does not occupy Warsaw - the Nazis do".