Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

mistermojo posted:

as much as I like him theres no way large numbers of people would vote for Cornel West

even if he won it's not going to make a lick of structural difference when he'll just be the head of state of a gargantuan death machine hell bent on propping up US capitalist interests across the world and pummelling its own citizens into the dirt whenever they complain about their issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

robocop was a documentary

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

stupid bitch

this isnt even an apology

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Does that get through at all?

No.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1714769915570233565

Unless they're willing to do it and speak out loud against what is happening, couldn't care less how "conflicted" they may feel.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Grem posted:

I mean it's a legitimate problem that there's no real opposition party in the USA. We vote between two parties that are on the same team, they just have different timelines to fascism and a slightly different scope.

Right, but what makes these people odious is that they think they're moral and good, they're not even viewing it as some lovely game of triage. The smart good boys and girls VBNMW

Probably Magic posted:

It says so much about Ukraine's self-image that as opposed to identifying with Palestine like colonized power Ireland does, they identify with Israel, heavily at that.
When the military aid hose is turned on and floods the worst elements of your society with cash and arms it has lovely long lasting outcomes.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Cassette Moodcore posted:

robocop was a documentary

Robocop 2014 was underappreciated. it asks what if instead of commercialized enforcement being ineffective, what if it actually worked at what it wanted to achieve and we had to argue against it on moral grounds instead

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

The UK is seeing some media deviate a little from the line. Channel 4 is criticizing Israel on the Hospital bombing, and Private Eye is criticizing the planned genocide as well. I feel like both are driven by disgust at how stupid the Israelis are being rather than moral issues.
https://twitter.com/PrivateEyeNews/status/1714545102977421797

Meanwhile Sunak is going to Israel
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1714757023949095305

they should send bojo

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Channel 5 did a really good coverage of a pro Palestine rally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43wKgnOBEtY

Edit: the ending is perfect

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1714769915570233565

Unless they're willing to do it and speak out loud against what is happening, couldn't care less how "conflicted" they may feel.

No one who actually gets to positions of power like that does the right thing. It's cultured out of them, or they would have washed out before getting to a high position.
They'll tell themselves that doing the bad thing but feeling guilty about it is the sign they're good people. That's been the model for running this empire for as long as I've been alive.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

:wow:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Honestly “Biden Biden you can’t hide, we charge you with genocide”, is up there with “Hey Hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today”.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I know I’m one of the few that still cares, but watching all these masses of people in Beruit, the Capitol, etc. my first thought is that these will be super spreader events. I’m still masking up until we’re out of flu season.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/minuetinGmajor/status/1714630841316389239?s=20
https://twitter.com/fatimazsaid/status/1714781625576235154?s=20

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
https://vxtwitter.com/nypost/status/1714774971040305402

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

salartarium posted:

I know I’m one of the few that still cares, but watching all these masses of people in Beruit, the Capitol, etc. my first thought is that these will be super spreader events. I’m still masking up until we’re out of flu season.

And have you seen the crowds in those Gazan hospitals? HAVEN'T THEY HEARD OF SOCIAL DISTANCING!?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

mistermojo posted:

as much as I like him theres no way large numbers of people would vote for Cornel West

Third party runs aren't viable but they do have meaning, if that makes any sense

It's not fair to criticize someone hoping to change the system for not winning a selection process designed to prevent them from becoming a mainstream party candidate to begin with

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
lol at RFK Jr. though

However he absolutely should be allowed to futilely primary a sitting president a la Harold Stassen in 1984

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

I wish he'd delete something else for being too glib

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

They shot just fine on 10/7. Shot up like 15 9/11s!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

PawParole posted:

Honestly “Biden Biden you can’t hide, we charge you with genocide”, is up there with “Hey Hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today”.

when I first heard it, it was "Netanyahu you can't hide, we charge you with genocide"

Biden being two syllables makes it easy to double and replace Netanyahu

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

UFOTacoMan posted:

that chair is huge

old people shrink at an alarming rate

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

whole thing here

https://twitter.com/nkulw/status/1714797971601047983

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Many irresponsible and hosed up ways that the media is misleading the West about this war, but the absolute failure to convey what a colossal shitshow it would be if this becomes a regional war involving Iran is absolutely one of them.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Hefty Leftist posted:

even if he won it's not going to make a lick of structural difference when he'll just be the head of state of a gargantuan death machine hell bent on propping up US capitalist interests across the world and pummelling its own citizens into the dirt whenever they complain about their issues

the point of 3rd party candidates isn't to win; it's a response to reflexive vbnmw brainwashing to exercise the power of withholding votes.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Death By The Blues posted:

God its gonna be funny for libs this time around to vote shame people while continuous coverage of genocide and forever war plays in the background

Actually the libs told me those are things to be proud of so

PawParole posted:

Yeah it's pretty great as far as rhymes go

For nicknames though... Genocidin' Biden sounds better than Genocide Joe imo

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

The UK is seeing some media deviate a little from the line. Channel 4 is criticizing Israel on the Hospital bombing, and Private Eye is criticizing the planned genocide as well. I feel like both are driven by disgust at how stupid the Israelis are being rather than moral issues.
https://twitter.com/PrivateEyeNews/status/1714545102977421797

Wonder how this week's Have I Got News For You is gonna go

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
smdh at protestors not a single n95

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lmfao

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

PawParole posted:

Wait that was their chant today, that loving owns

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't wait to see the scathing Daily Show piece on israeli War crimes

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The latest from Seymour Hersh:

quote:

WHAT IS BIDEN TELLING BIBI?
The US president goes to Israel as Gaza City is razed to the ground

The White House and Central Intelligence Agency are again at odds, as they have been during Ukraine’s losing war with Russia, over the facts on the ground as President Joe Biden suddenly decided to fly again to Israel, supposedly at the request of Benjamin Netanyahu, the beleaguered Israeli prime minister.

Biden showed that, as he put it, he would “have the back” of Israel by moving two American carrier battle groups to the region, along with thousands of US troops. It would have been better had he done what America has often done: announced that his administration would begin airlifting water and food for the hundreds of thousands of citizens of Gaza who had been ordered out of the north by Israel and sent to a border gate with Egypt that, as Netanyahu and his colleagues had to know, would not be opened.

Biden’s trip comes at a time of international outrage after the most important hospital in Gaza City was destroyed, with hundreds of deaths, by an Israeli bomb or an errant missile launched by Islamic Jihad. The president said he was primarily delivering a message of restraint. If so, the president was completely in the dark about Israeli intentions.

In an interview Sunday with 60 Minutes, Biden was asked if it was time for a ceasefire in Gaza. Biden ignored the question and said that the Israelis “have to go after Hamas. Hamas is a bunch of cowards. . . . They put their headquarters where civilians are and buildings and the like . . . but the Israelis are gonna do everything in their power to avoid the killing of innocent civilians.” He said he was discussing the possibility of a safe zone—a humanitarian corridor—for residents of Gaza City who fled after being warned that Israel was intent on destroying everything in the city. Asked if Hamas “must be eliminated entirely,” Biden said yes and added that there “needs to be a path to a Palestinian state.”

A Palestinian state is not on Israel’s agenda.

There are intelligence analysts in Washington who estimate that Netanyahu, who is emerging as the strongman in Israel’s new emergency unity government, has no intention of letting any member of Hamas survive. They believe he does not care about the troubles of the Gaza City residents who fled south toward Egypt and now find themselves with no food or water and confronted with the reality that economically stricken Egypt has no interest in opening its border to a million or more refugees in need of food, housing, and medical care.

Netanyahu’s attitude, as assessed by the intelligence analysts, I was told, amounts to a determination “to wipe out Hamas.” One knowledgeable official told me that “Gaza City is in the process of being turned into Hiroshima with no nuclear weapons used.” At some point, he said, American-made bombs in the Israeli arsenal, including those known as “bunker busters,” may be targeted on the underground tunnel systems where Hamas manufactured the weapons and conducted planning for the horrific attacks in southern Israel on October 7. The daily Israeli bombing of Gaza City has led many in the Middle East and Europe to conclude that it was an Israeli bomb that hit the Gaza City hospital.

Under the Israeli plans, there would be no need for a massive ground invasion, but I was told by the official that Israeli troops would be needed for hunting down those Hamas members underground who choose to surrender. The orders, the official said, would be “shoot on sight.” Surrender would not be an option. The official told me that the Hamas soldiers who would emerge from the tunnels desperate for food were seen by the Israelis as starving rats who would be met with poisoned food. The fate of the nearly two hundred hostages, most of them Israeli but known also to include a few Americans, was left unsaid.

In the American intelligence view, the Hamas raid failed in every way. “There was a belief by Hamas,” I was told by the official “that the success of their raid, which was planned over two years, was going to rally the Arab world to their cause. They thought Hezbollah”—the powerful Lebanese party controlled by Sheik Hassan Nasrallah in Beirut—“and the PLO [Palestine Liberation Organization] in the West Bank, would support them.”

The American assessment is that the Hamas leadership began planning the attack two years ago and “Now,” the official said, “was the right time.” He explained that the Hamas leadership was "absolutely afraid,” that the ongoing talks between Israel and Saudi Arabia would lead to further isolation of the groups opposing Israel.

The most vital supporter of the Hamas raid, I was told, was the Iranian government, whose leadership in Tehran was directly involved, in terms of money and materials for the October 7 attacks. “The Iranians,” the official said caustically, “want to attack Israel with every Palestinian they can find.” But “Iran did not realize how much murdering of civilians there would be. Hamas was crazed by blood.”

The Arab scholar Juan Cole, a history professor at the University of Michigan, recently published an essay in the Telegraph detailing four ways the Hamas raid violated Islamic law. Hamas murdered innocents, including women and children; it destroyed a town; it did not give fair warning; and it took civilians as hostages. Cole quoted the Prophet Mohammad: “Do not kill weak old men, small children, or women.”

There were similar reactions from Hezbollah and in Damascus. Despite Western fears, I was told, there has been no sign that the Hamas uprising served as an inspiration to Israel’s enemies. “In the Great Game” the official said, “it was a chess game in which Hamas was a pawn.”

Netanyahu’s plan, the official told me, called for the Israeli Army to kill all members of Hamas they can find, destroy the tunnel system—perhaps using American-made bombs that can penetrate dozens of meters underground before detonating—and then barricade what was once Gaza City at its southern end. Israeli soldiers would be assigned to go block by block in the destroyed city to look for stragglers. Care would be taken to ensure that no Hamas stragglers escaped to the Mediterranean Sea.

In recent days, the Biden administration has deployed two American carrier groups, with squadrons of F-15, F-16, and A-10 combat jets, more than 10,000 Navy personnel and 2,000 Marines into the region in a show of support for Israel. “All the American services are jumping on it,” the official told me, “but Israel is saying, ‘Go Back. We don’t want your stuff.’” He went on: “There are no better pilots today than those in the Israeli Air Forces. Bibi’s got it under control and no Israeli is going to worry about the fate of the citizens of Gaza.”

So, asked the official, “Why is Biden banging on the door? Is the president going to tell Bibi: ‘You can’t do this’? Leave the Gaza refugees standing out on the border with Egypt.”

The official did not answer his rhetorical question. But he did ask if one reason for the president’s sudden trip “just might be to keep the Ukraine war off the front pages?”

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im trying to charitably picture the air force strategy room where, presumably, israeli military shot callers are picking targets with some sort of plan in mind for what they are shooting at but like the idea that 30 analysts in a huddle with super computer algorithms and reams of data about key terror suspects' movements are populating target lists really believing they are fighting hamas is like laughable right?
they're just blasting whatever looks populated, its as simple as that and theres zero plan at all besides pain. so hosed up.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

quote:

“I don’t know all the detail, but I do know the people at the Defense Department who I respect and the intelligence community that I respect, say it is highly improbable that Israel did that,” Biden said on Air Force One.

tfw your the president talking about heinous terrorist attacks in a completely normal way, and not at all in a way that you know you will have to walk back at some point

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

“When I came to this bureau ... I knew it was not without its moral complexity and moral compromises, and I made myself a promise that I would stay for as long as I felt … the harm I might do could be outweighed by the good I could do,” Paul wrote on LinkedIn. “In my 11 years I have made more moral compromises than I can recall, each heavily, but each with my promise to myself in mind, and intact. I am leaving today because I believe that in our current course with regards to the continued – indeed, expanded and expedited – provision of lethal arms to Israel – I have reached the end of that bargain.”

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality — judiciously, as you will — we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors ... and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Well that certainly explains all of Bobby Evans’ epic freezeframes on how Palestinians being beaten to death by the IDF totally had it coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

maruhkati posted:

Many irresponsible and hosed up ways that the media is misleading the West about this war, but the absolute failure to convey what a colossal shitshow it would be if this becomes a regional war involving Iran is absolutely one of them.

Israel antagonizing everybody in the region has also had no coverage whatsoever. MSM is too busy covering Israel's talking points for them.