Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

ah hahahahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Didn't israel post that they were going in a few hours ago? It made me think they had just been waiting for biden's visit but now they're just kinda... standing around.. again.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fits my needs posted:

someone better get her that gundam, she’s earned it

lol

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

30.5 Days posted:

Didn't israel post that they were going in a few hours ago? It made me think they had just been waiting for biden's visit but now they're just kinda... standing around.. again.

they and hezbollah have both been posting that for a solid week now at least once a day

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

nancy standing over her shoulder while she typed it, the moment ilhan hits post nancy pulls out her phone and plays infrared video of the bomb leaving the idf jet

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

shes earned a Zaku not Gundam

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

In Training posted:

Awesome. The rally I was at tonight had a contingent of Filipinos for Palestine, the energy was incredible + astounding display of Arab solidarity from the huge variety of flags on display. Global intifada ftw

the Filipino ppl have suffered big oppression by basically everyone else on earth lol. sending them power

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

the libs trotting out nelson mandela, who they were calling a terrorist back in the day, is infuriating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJcGTjAFGjk

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I like how all the rest of the squad hurries to catch up with the pointman so that he doesn't get lonely. very thoughtful of them

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

Someone got very firm marching orders or is a total dipshit, lol.

it’s both

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/MikePrysner/status/1714712126273843633

Stringent posted:

the libs trotting out nelson mandela, who they were calling a terrorist back in the day, is infuriating.

100%

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

The newest line of defense is "it took Israel days to tally up all their people who died in the attacks, so how could hamas figure out 500 died so quickly?" and I think this has hurt my brain the most

Hamas isn't doing all this algebra to figure out how many 9/11s their casualties equate to

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Stringent posted:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

On Saturday at approximately 6:30 a.m., Hamas launched, according to reports, about 140-150 drones with bombs and simultaneously managed to disable all the firing positions in the line. Not a single shot was fired from a hundred positions. After the shooter was thwarted, shots were fired at 22 additional MARS cameras along the border that were the "eyes" of the division’s observers and the entire IDF for the Gaza Strip. The screens went dark.

In the remote areas and the underground high command post in Tel Aviv they likely thought it was a technical fault and waited for a technician to fix the system. No one imagined that, in those minutes, Toyota vehicles and motorcycles, loaded with Hamas commandos, had broken through the border and were rushing towards the IDF outposts and surrounding settlements.

The Hamas commando unit, the Nohva, which I wrote about, arrived after months of training to take over IDF outposts. Some training had been previously visible to the IDF and had been held at Hamas facilities in Gaza. Hamas terrorists breached the fence, immobilized IDF tanks that were opening an axis, and quickly rushed to the outposts: Sufa, Reim, Nahal Oz, and Erez.

There was massive RPG shooting, throwing hundreds of grenades, and shooting small arms. The few Israeli soldiers, probably 300-400 at most, at least a third of whom were observers without combat training, were hopeless. Fighters in the protected bases were captured and killed in their underwear. Hamas filmed everything and published it. It is not yet clear if there were alarms at the bases. The division was in silence. Some of the forces went down to Judea and Samaria (the West Bank), another part was on holiday. Nobody knew anything.

The terrorists infiltrated the bases, disabled the ICT rooms [intelligence, communications, and technology], and turned off the IDF's communications in the area. No one knew what was going on. Communication between the Otef [envelope around Gaza] and the rest of the country, east, and north of the Otef - was cut off. The Israel Defense Forces concept - a digital ground army and a linked IDF - collapsed completely after 30-60 minutes of combat. IDF and police forces that arrived independently at the Otef also acted without synchronization. There was no communication.

"In addition, the female observers who were at home last Saturday and saw what happened to their friends (I will refrain from describing the horrors) do not want to go back to manning the positions. In other words, the Gaza Division is also expected to experience a challenge in manning observation positions."

Isn't this a loving army? Can't you order people to man the critical observation posts your whole concept of defence hinges on?

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 04:21 on Oct 19, 2023

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

Taking 3:1 odds that the trucks get atomized by a single piece of shrapnel from a Hamas rocket that was fired ten miles away
much like putin blowing up his own pipeline,

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
So........

You reckon the US orchestrated this, and Israel is happily doing as they were commanded?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/francisxwolf/status/1714830652007199074

He sucks so hard

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Frosted Flake posted:

On Saturday at approximately 6:30 a.m., Hamas launched, according to reports, about 140-150 drones with bombs and simultaneously managed to disable all the firing positions in the line. Not a single shot was fired from a hundred positions. After the shooter was thwarted, shots were fired at 22 additional MARS cameras along the border that were the "eyes" of the division’s observers and the entire IDF for the Gaza Strip. The screens went dark.

In the remote areas and the underground high command post in Tel Aviv they likely thought it was a technical fault and waited for a technician to fix the system. No one imagined that, in those minutes, Toyota vehicles and motorcycles, loaded with Hamas commandos, had broken through the border and were rushing towards the IDF outposts and surrounding settlements.

The Hamas commando unit, the Nohva, which I wrote about, arrived after months of training to take over IDF outposts. Some training had been previously visible to the IDF and had been held at Hamas facilities in Gaza. Hamas terrorists breached the fence, immobilized IDF tanks that were opening an axis, and quickly rushed to the outposts: Sufa, Reim, Nahal Oz, and Erez.

There was massive RPG shooting, throwing hundreds of grenades, and shooting small arms. The few Israeli soldiers, probably 300-400 at most, at least a third of whom were observers without combat training, were hopeless. Fighters in the protected bases were captured and killed in their underwear. Hamas filmed everything and published it. It is not yet clear if there were alarms at the bases. The division was in silence. Some of the forces went down to Judea and Samaria (the West Bank), another part was on holiday. Nobody knew anything.

The terrorists infiltrated the bases, disabled the ICT rooms [intelligence, communications, and technology], and turned off the IDF's communications in the area. No one knew what was going on. Communication between the Otef [envelope around Gaza] and the rest of the country, east, and north of the Otef - was cut off. The Israel Defense Forces concept - a digital ground army and a linked IDF - collapsed completely after 30-60 minutes of combat. IDF and police forces that arrived independently at the Otef also acted without synchronization. There was no communication.

this is straight out of a movie...

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I wonder how many of the reported causalities weren't due Hamas targeting civilians but random on/off IDF/Cops/security personnel just getting mowed down along with friendly fire. Israel seemed to be 100% unprepared and the limiting factor on Hamas side's manpower they were willing to devote to it.

That said, it really doesn't seem anyone is thrilled about making a counterresponse. I wonder how much US carriers will actually change the equation as well.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 04:26 on Oct 19, 2023

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.

ProfessorBooty posted:

So........

You reckon the US orchestrated this, and Israel is happily doing as they were commanded?

That apocalypse temple ain't gonna build itself, jack

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ProfessorBooty posted:

So........

What's the timeline for the orchestrating are we talking about

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Was he the guy who thought there was an overpass between Gaza and the West Bank or was that a different vox stooge?

This is a good idea! Two states, one road

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I wonder how many belts there should be...

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

everything in Revelation will come to pass

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn8xe1jqYIo

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What's the timeline for the orchestrating are we talking about

Probably started after the 2008 recession. That's when a bunch of evangelical pro Israel churches started popping up. My mom is in one. It is disgusting, they don't even read the bible, just praise jesus and grumble about how Israel is entitled to their self defense.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

was at work all day - any interesting developments

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Frosted Flake posted:

Isn't this a loving army?

looking less and less like one. they'd surely hate to send them into gaza and have it proven beyond all doubt.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

is israel dead yet

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Buddykins posted:

a bunch of people probably died

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hezbollah sucked me off?!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1714708315433758793?s=20

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Ardennes posted:

I wonder how many of the reported causalities weren't due Hamas targeting civilians but random on/off IDF/Cops/security personnel just getting mowed down along with friendly fire. Israel seemed to be 100% unprepared and the limiting factor on Hamas side the manpower they were willing to devote to it.

That said, it really doesn't seem anyone is thrilled about making a counter-response. I wonder how much US carriers will actually change the equation as well.

Hmm lets see:

~1000 hunger game escapees
~300 dead concentration camp guards from the most meatheaded, 60% conscript, cop-rear end army in the world + their friends who didn't die

Yeah I'm sure those battles were conducted with the utmost professionalism with no civilians caught in the crossfire. They must have all just been executed along with their many, many babies.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Israel is gonna get fuckin owned in a ground war

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Buddykins posted:

turns our Israel didn't bomb that hospital.

if you don't believe them, then you have to believe the us who's backing them up on the whole not bombing hospital thing

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Google Butt posted:

Israel is gonna get fuckin owned in a ground war

good

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this is the content I crave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009