Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

He has only introduced a handful of bills to comittee and none of them have gotten out. Even other dipshits get Post Offices and highways renamed along with the other trash that passes without discussion.

He has no interest in actual governance I think. Without even saying he's a bad guy or whatever (which there's plenty on that matter to say). He's here to interfere with the possibility of anything going on from what I can tell.

e: I hate having a political post snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Actual governance isn't hard, per se, but it requires the ability to commit time, effort, apply experience, build relationships, know the subject matter and most importantly intelligence. None these are things that Jim Jordan possesses. Being a bomb thrower from a Ohios 4th congressional district requires nothing.

Jordan thinking he is at all qualified for this job (even compared to other republicans) is a good indication of the kind of delusional idiots he surrounds himself with a problem for the GOP as a whole.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

Actual governance isn't hard, per se, but it requires the ability to commit time, effort, apply experience, build relationships, know the subject matter and most importantly intelligence. None these are things that Jim Jordan possesses. Being a bomb thrower from a Ohios 4th congressional district requires nothing.

Jordan thinking he is at all qualified for this job (even compared to other republicans) is a good indication of the kind of delusional idiots he surrounds himself with a problem for the GOP as a whole.

The GOP has also been spending years fluffing him up. He always seemed to get appointed to high-profile committees, and especially the special committees like the Trump impeachment ones. He's really good at being a loud mouth idiot, and the GOP absolutely loves their loud-mouthed idiots.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hey here's something more positive. If you want a Fat Bear Calendar, you can preorder it now. Don't be like me and wait, last year I they sold out.

https://katmaiconservancy.org/products/copy-of-fat-bear-2023-calendar

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
After my morning gym session I used the earwax cleaning kit while showering. When I swabbed my ear I saw this:

Yeah that's blood in that cotton swab.
Guess I'm on Amoxicillin/potassium for the next 7 days.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

In other health chat, I had a barrage of tests today and found out that the fire I've been feeling in my abdomen is a really cranky gallbladder. It's only slightly inflamed so no surgery at this time but I have to reconfigure my diet. Just in time for eating season.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Should I post hemorrhoid pictures to fit in?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Rectal Placenta posted:

Should I post hemorrhoid pictures to fit in?

no need to pile on

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

His experience covering up sex crimes makes him supremely qualified for congressional leadership, actually.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Passes my Ph.D defense

:toot:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Nobody asked but I'm feeling fine. Some lingering pain in my heel on one foot due to some slow-healing plantar fasciitis (that I have also not been rehabbing as well as I should)

FizFashizzle posted:

I'll see your "the GOP doesn't know how to govern beyond culture war soundbites" and raise you "there's no need to govern beyond culture war soundbites"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

LeeMajors posted:

His experience covering up sex crimes makes him supremely qualified for congressional leadership, actually.

The GOP's longest serving speaker of the house was Dennis Hastert. Who did sex crimes to children for 20 years and got a restricted license or something as his punishment.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Passes my Ph.D defense

Dr. Nudist.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Abugadu posted:

no need to pile on

:haw:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Passes my Ph.D defense

Hell yeah

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ether Frenzy posted:

The GOP's longest serving speaker of the house was Dennis Hastert. Who did sex crimes to children for 20 years and got a restricted license or something as his punishment.

This is in no way meant to be a defense of Hastert or anything, the man deserves to burn in hell, but I thought it was a weird case of a sex criminal only doing it a couple times then deciding it wasn't for him and didn't repeat?

This is entirely based off a joke a heard on Chapo Traphouse so all of the mea culpas if I'm wrong and he actually was a serial sex criminal instead of a one off.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1714810211993526530

used to live in the same town as him

even saw him before an outdoor screening of the first rocky

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

drat. RIP Paulie. Dude nailed that role.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Currently on Google Meets with my 47 year old brother to talk him through physically connecting his TV (was unplugged to move to a different room) and Xbox Series S. The soundbar, sub, and receiver were pretty quickly removed from the scope of this remote tech support session.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
me to my son: I can tell you were using your phone last night when you were supposed to be in bed because you were so tired this morning
him: no I wasn't
me: fine, give me your phone. since you're not getting on it anyway you won't mind if I take it
him: is currently crying

e: oh he's mad because I said no when he wanted to buy a game where the trailer he showed me said "graphic depictions of blood and violence" in the first five seconds

he's 13

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 19, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1714810211993526530

Paulie's robot needs to deliver the eulogy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncySiTOMAHc

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Did you get the ear cleaning kit that shoots water in via a small tube?

When I was a kid I had an ent who said I had the waxiest ears he’d ever seen. I have this thing that squirts pressurized water way deep into the ear canal and you would not believe the stuff that can get dislodged.

Every few years I'd have to get hydro-blastd, and some truly evil poo poo would slither out of there.

When I was getting out of the Army, one stop is for your hearing test, so they compare it against the baseline test they gave when you joined up.to determine hearing loss. My dad said "well hell that's easy, just don't push the button".

So I figured if I heard any beeps louder than about, oh......this level, I'd push the button, and then ignore the quieter ones. Nothing too outrageous.

After the test, audio tech looks at the readout and says "holy poo poo, I don't even know how you heard me tell you to take off your headphones. This is practically deaf." So right on cue, I go "huh?".

They send me upstairs to have my ears flushed. They get a bit of stuff, nowhere near some of the worst times I've had, and send me back down for a re-test.

At this point, I'm not loving around. I press the button at every hint of a beep. Test over, the tech holds up both tests, looks at me in amazement, and says "how much loving wax did they find in there??????"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I know you want to see Mark Davis dancing.

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1714836830552768655?s=20

You're welcome.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

why is he dressed like a plantation owner

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

the man has panache

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God he dances just like Trump

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

https://twitter.com/CordCuttersNews/status/1714630931766501603?s=20

Cable fading fast. I'm kind of surprised YoutubeTV is destroying everyone else (streaming) since it's college football fans surveyed. I will say that YoutubeTV Multiview is a complete game changer for watch college football. Having 4 games going at once is so nice.

Old man of the sea over here I guess, but I still like the TiVo UI, and despite it being a completely dead platform, things like sports "excitement" ratings for which games to watch continue to work.

At this point with my bundle, cable is about the same price as YTTV, so I'm going to be the last person in America with a cable card consuming delivered content in an environment the provider or content creator doesn't control.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Dango Bango posted:

Oh my God he dances just like Trump

Post/avatar combo right there.

Went out with some friends as O'Sushi down the street has all-you-can-eat sushi for $31.

Salmon Killer (Salmon skin, avocado inside seared salmon with garlic sauce on top) and Midnight Sun (Eel, Avocado and Cucumber inside seared salmon with spicy mayo & unagi sauce on top) as examples of what was ordered.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Speaking of infections, I think I have a sinus infection. Had a cold last week and was mostly over all my symptoms by Thursday, but sinus pressure has lingered. All of a sudden today the pressure has increased a lot, and I generally feel like crap. Never had this happen before, so I'm worried I've got something going on. Probably time to head to urgent care and see if I need antibiotics.

Having a toddler has granted me a first sinus infection a month or two ago, same symptoms - cold but also the sinuses/forehead headaches got bad. Round of antibiotics cleared it up well.

Passes my Ph.D defense

Hell yeah, now we have a doctor of posting.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

harperdc posted:

Having a toddler has granted me a first sinus infection a month or two ago, same symptoms - cold but also the sinuses/forehead headaches got bad. Round of antibiotics cleared it up well.

Hell yeah, now we have a doctor of posting.

Ahem

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I've never in my life been sicker than I was after my date with a kindergarten teacher

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Vertical Lime posted:

Huh, Paulie was kinda jacked early on.

https://twitter.com/80sBoxing/status/1714817758440153429

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Intruder posted:

I've never in my life been sicker than I was after my date with a kindergarten teacher

I got strep so bad it hospitalized me, from a family friend's 3 year old's birthday party.

gently caress that ever again. Kids are little plague rats

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I know we have a few doctors of medicine and law, but not sure we have had any PhDs. Or certainly not many.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

harperdc posted:

I know we have a few doctors of medicine and law, but not sure we have had any PhDs. Or certainly not many.
It takes a lot to get that far: anyone who can make it deserves a lot of credit! I'm sort of dreading my MSW program because I've developed a deep contempt for the specific kind of academic writing that my coursework will demand from me. I'm never loving going back to school after this.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

harperdc posted:

I did my residency in posting with a 2 year fellowship in trolling.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Passes my Ph.D defense

Oh man congrats that’s awesome!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

swickles posted:

I did my residency in posting with a 2 year fellowship in trolling.

Too good to pass up

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

At least he doesn’t have the bowl cut anymore.

Also, I’m flying for the first time in almost 10 years, man I forget the dog and pony show getting through check in and security.

Also I sat down to wait for my flight and was surrounded by college kids that were talking about NFL bets and I left. And there’s no space at the bar, I want an old fashioned.

Breakfast of champions. (I think it was actually a martini but I prefer bourbon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

At least he doesn’t have the bowl cut anymore.

Also, I’m flying for the first time in almost 10 years, man I forget the dog and pony show getting through check in and security.

Also I sat down to wait for my flight and was surrounded by college kids that were talking about NFL bets and I left. And there’s no space at the bar, I want an old fashioned.

Breakfast of champions. (I think it was actually a martini but I prefer bourbon)

You missed a perfect opportunity to inject some young blood into the forums