Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/CritsBigSausage/status/1714780372951564536?t=vTA3WgaEkPagTcB7KtxmsA&s=19

We're about to enter a golden age of bootlegs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

whoops

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Is that a. Thunderbolt acguy

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

As some that needs to sort out a replacement part for a MG Full Armour Gundam, is there a source floating about beyond this tweet?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Now to convince all my friends with 3D printers to send me free gundams as a test.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wrong thread.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 19, 2023

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
should be illegal to post that but not share the CAD files
i wanna make a 1/288 scale gundam for funsies

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Hackers stealing gunpla blueprints is not what I expected to happen today!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Theft of a Gundam is a basic tradition.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Blaziken386 posted:

i wanna make a 1/12 scale gundam for funsies

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao that third picture, why are all the pieces laid out ready to 3d print already! Ahahahahaha!

Okay, maybe the person ripping the models was getting ready to go

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..

Azubah posted:

:emptyquote:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oh poo poo you could make Gundams perfectly scaled with Warhammer models.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao they dont let australians into the metaverse ; . ;

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Oh poo poo, I just wanna build gundams in Solidworks like a digital 3D puzzle.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Made a new account but lied about my location this time lmao.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I want to print a six foot tall Tallgeese

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao they dont let australians into the metaverse ; . ;

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

P-bandai pages up tonight, including for that WfM expansion parts set.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

whats not up: they just pulled the metaverse download off their pages lmao

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

El Burbo posted:

P-bandai pages up tonight, including for that WfM expansion parts set.
im slightly annoyed at that set because while i have all three (even if only one is built) the only weapon that interests me is the Michaelis'. I can't imagine ever replacing the Cool As gently caress Laser Lance or the Ridiculously Large Sniper Rifle

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Lmao that third picture, why are all the pieces laid out ready to 3d print already! Ahahahahaha!

They use 3D printing as part of the prototyping process, so that explains that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Blaziken386 posted:

im slightly annoyed at that set because while i have all three (even if only one is built) the only weapon that interests me is the Michaelis'. I can't imagine ever replacing the Cool As gently caress Laser Lance or the Ridiculously Large Sniper Rifle

Well if the alternate parts for the Schwarzette actually got used in the show maybe the pistolero look would be more enticing.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

:sbahj:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CritsBigSausage has uploaded the files so go nuts making 1/1 scale gundams

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I got an email from suruga-ya that my order is now being shipped.
Although I did notice that the email rendered my name in Japanese name order, as LastMiddleFirst (no spaces).
If their internal system does that to all western names it might explain why some posters ITT got declined over names "not matching" their payment method.

Same. I'm not going to count my GMs before they explode, but it looks like ten kits and some sailor moon stuff for my wife are on the way.

Azubah posted:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Synthbuttrange posted:

CritsBigSausage has uploaded the files so go nuts making 1/1 scale gundams

They've Protected their account.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I’ll link when i get home

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

I’ll link when i get home

You are braver than any us soldier

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Leak is a big oops, but I dunno how damaging it really is. Sales lost to people printing their own kits are likely to be a blip if even that, and the bootleggers were gonna do their thing anyway, so this gives them a couple months head start on one or two things at best. It’s still hilariously stupid though, and a fantastic sign for the future of this very cool and necessary “Metaverse” thing.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Bimmi posted:

Leak is a big oops, but I dunno how damaging it really is. Sales lost to people printing their own kits are likely to be a blip if even that, and the bootleggers were gonna do their thing anyway, so this gives them a couple months head start on one or two things at best. It’s still hilariously stupid though, and a fantastic sign for the future of this very cool and necessary “Metaverse” thing.
i imagine the sales lost are going to be a big fat 0 because bandai's plastic quality is head and shoulders above whatever you can print at home. i reckon most people who try and print stuff are just going to be printing weird poo poo that bandai would never make, or pieces for kitbashing

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So what's the full list of models that got leaked, anyways?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yeah, even in the event that the entire history of Gunpla got leaked as printable files, there's a reason injection moulding is preferred over 3d printing. However, it could lead to a much more robust replacement parts industry from the fan side of things, or if you want ten 1/144 kampfer shotguns, those already exist as 3d prints but now you'd get ones that are identical to the ones in the HGUC, rather than slightly off.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

So what's the full list of models that got leaked, anyways?

Not counting fan customs, it looks like it's the new HG Rising Freedom, the EG Lah Gundam, the EG Build Strike Exceed Galaxy, the HG Shin Burning Gundam, the SD CS F-Kunoichi Kai, the HG 00 Diver Arc, the HG Plutine Gundam, EG RX-2 Classic Color, EG Lah Gundam Shisaku Ichigata, Zakupla Kun, Aerial Recirculation, and for MGs the Next Future Freedom 2.0 and Justice.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

you'll need a psk importer if you're opening it in blender. https://github.com/Befzz/blender3d_import_psk_psa/releases. Its got a hell of a lot of stuff inside. Some are more game ready than print ready. You'll have to do a lot of digging around yourself. I'm taking a peek around.

quote:

@Critsbigsausage

Alright guys. It's in PSK format, but you can get it to work in Fusion360 or blender.

Have fun.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Gl0WHDV_ylPJ_nuG0RGtAWD3DsDSS2xX

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Argas posted:

Yeah, even in the event that the entire history of Gunpla got leaked as printable files, there's a reason injection moulding is preferred over 3d printing. However, it could lead to a much more robust replacement parts industry from the fan side of things, or if you want ten 1/144 kampfer shotguns, those already exist as 3d prints but now you'd get ones that are identical to the ones in the HGUC, rather than slightly off.

I know they never would for a million reasons, but it'd be cool if bandai did put up files for old kits so people could print replacement parts instead of having to buy second hand or something.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gundam Factory Yokohama shop selection was a bit anaemic, it turns out. Unless you specifically want kits of the Yokohama granddaddy. I did pick up an exclusive Haro, at least.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So far all the files I've opened up are game-ready models. They could be backwards tinkered to get printable models with some work.

And bad news the Acguy is from the diorama section which means its lower quality because its like super tiny. :(

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Synthbuttrange posted:

And bad news the Acguy is from the diorama section which means its lower quality because its like super tiny. :(

One of the possible uses for this leak is 1/200 scale wargaming models so that's okay. Although scaling a 1/144 HG model is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I know they never would for a million reasons, but it'd be cool if bandai did put up files for old kits so people could print replacement parts instead of having to buy second hand or something.

The issue there is that there's almost no kits that are out of print. Some are reprinted more frequently than others (waiting for another run of the Perfect Zeong is going to be a while) but Bandai doesn't want to undermine interest in the already more obscure kits by having the few people who'd be excited for the reprints get the old design again for themselves in the meantime.