Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Willa Rogers posted:

so will the former state dept. official.

lol

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Pobrecito posted:

visiting my conservative boomer dad and he turned on abc world news and I just generally tried to avoid any conversation about the segment on Israel s& the hospital bombing only for my dad to unprompted say “you don’t believe this garbage do you?” before talking about how horrible the Israeli bombing in Gaza was so that was neat :unsmith:

My weirdly conservative parents are also this way. I suspect it's that, for all their faults, they find genocide distasteful. Which puts them ahead of the entire US and Canadian political class, I suppose.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Frosted Flake posted:

Weren't you rooting for the US/Israeli/UAE overthrow of Syria, though?

are you sure it's wise to question each others pasts in west/central asia

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Pistol_Pete posted:

Noting that the ground invasion of Gaza remains very much NOT underway.

Lol.

un resolution preambulatory clauses getting shorter by the day

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm not reading all of that

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al-Saqr posted:

1967 israel attacked the arabs not the other way around

Came here to post this

Cuttlefush posted:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

White Devil May Cry

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Frosted Flake posted:

Weren't you rooting for the US/Israeli/UAE overthrow of Syria, though?

first off lets not open this topic, i wanted all arab fascist regimes overthrown and i was doubly looking for revenge because assads crimes and he tortured to death a leftist anarchist friend of mine. that book is closed for now, when the next chapter of liberstion struggle happens we can look into it again.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Luceid posted:

wait wait wait

why the gently caress is the NYPD in Israel lmfao. are they lost

lol is u sitting down

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

anyone posting terrible ai crap goes on the death to list

hey - i like homocow and they are under my protection

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

1967 israel attacked the arabs not the other way around

Lmao “preemptive self defense” get the gently caress out of here Israel

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Luceid posted:

wait wait wait

why the gently caress is the NYPD in Israel lmfao. are they lost

Besides the permanent counterterrorism branch(es?) they've been doing various joint exercises and training for over 20 years and there was some unspecified number of NYPD officers and (private) security personnel in Israel for "a seminar on threats to the Jewish community" when Hamas first attacked.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
News - "And, look — and I’m not suggesting that Hamas deliberately did it, either. It’s that old thing: You’ve got to learn how to shoot straight. You know, and — and it’s not the first time Hamas has launched something that didn’t function very well."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...r-base-germany/

Press Gaggle by President Biden and NSC Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby | Ramstein Air Base, Germany
OCTOBER 18, 2023

Q Okay. So, Sisi agreed to open that up?

THE PRESIDENT: Yes. For this purpose. For this purpose. Not to allow a lot of people out, but to open it up for this purpose.

Q For humanitarian assistance?

THE PRESIDENT: For the humanit- — for the trucks to be able to get through.

Q And is that just —

Q Twenty trucks.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, look, what I — you guys are such a pain in the neck. You know? (Laughter.)

Q How about the hospital, sir? People all over the region are upset about the hospital and don’t necessarily believe you or the Israelis that they didn’t have anything to with it. Do you have a message to the people in the streets right now?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I can understand why, in this circumstance, they wouldn’t believe. I can understand that.

And — but I would not — you’ll notice I don’t say things like that unless I have faith in the source from which I’ve gotten it. Our Defense Department says it’s highly unlikely that it was the Israelis. It would have had a — a different footprint. And they’ve intercepted some — anyway.

They — and so, that’s why, if you notice, I didn’t say it at first. I didn’t — I wanted to make sure that I knew.

And, look — and I’m not suggesting that Hamas deliberately did it, either. It’s that old thing: You’ve got to learn how to shoot straight. You know, and — and it’s not the first time Hamas has launched something that didn’t function very well.

So, I — I don’t know all the detail, but I do know the people at the Defense Department, who I respect, and the intelligence community that I respect, and it’s highly improbable that Israel did that.

Q Mr. President, is — are the Israelis operating within the rules of war that you talked about last week being so important?

THE PRESIDENT: It’s been good talking to you all. Brown Moses must be permabanned for genocide denial and apologia, and Koos Group must be permabanned for encouraging genocide denial and apologia.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

will never under any circumstance read this dreck

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ringo Roadagain posted:

yeah. its actually pretty great. just turn off your brain and post wikipedia articles.

fizzy maybe you should try this since you're not allowed to share all the good news from sources like NYT and WaPo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cuttlefush posted:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

fizzy posted:

News - "And, look — and I’m not suggesting that Hamas deliberately did it, either. It’s that old thing: You’ve got to learn how to shoot straight. You know, and — and it’s not the first time Hamas has launched something that didn’t function very well."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...r-base-germany/

Press Gaggle by President Biden and NSC Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby | Ramstein Air Base, Germany
OCTOBER 18, 2023

Q Okay. So, Sisi agreed to open that up?

THE PRESIDENT: Yes. For this purpose. For this purpose. Not to allow a lot of people out, but to open it up for this purpose.

Q For humanitarian assistance?

THE PRESIDENT: For the humanit- — for the trucks to be able to get through.

Q And is that just —

Q Twenty trucks.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, look, what I — you guys are such a pain in the neck. You know? (Laughter.)

Q How about the hospital, sir? People all over the region are upset about the hospital and don’t necessarily believe you or the Israelis that they didn’t have anything to with it. Do you have a message to the people in the streets right now?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I can understand why, in this circumstance, they wouldn’t believe. I can understand that.

And — but I would not — you’ll notice I don’t say things like that unless I have faith in the source from which I’ve gotten it. Our Defense Department says it’s highly unlikely that it was the Israelis. It would have had a — a different footprint. And they’ve intercepted some — anyway.

They — and so, that’s why, if you notice, I didn’t say it at first. I didn’t — I wanted to make sure that I knew.

And, look — and I’m not suggesting that Hamas deliberately did it, either. It’s that old thing: You’ve got to learn how to shoot straight. You know, and — and it’s not the first time Hamas has launched something that didn’t function very well.

So, I — I don’t know all the detail, but I do know the people at the Defense Department, who I respect, and the intelligence community that I respect, and it’s highly improbable that Israel did that.

Q Mr. President, is — are the Israelis operating within the rules of war that you talked about last week being so important?

THE PRESIDENT: It’s been good talking to you all. Brown Moses must be permabanned for genocide denial and apologia, and Koos Group must be permabanned for encouraging genocide denial and apologia.

lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

william brydon has possibly the most stereotypical british colonial military guy history ever

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

OctaMurk posted:

A State Department official involved with transferring arms to key American allies resigned from his post on Wednesday, saying that “shortsighted decisions” by the Biden administration contributed to his having to make an unbearable moral compromise.

“In my 11 years I have made more moral compromises than I can recall, each heavily, but each with my promise to myself in mind, and intact,” the official, Josh Paul, wrote in a post explaining his decision. “I am leaving today because I believe that in our current course with regards to the continued — indeed, expanded and expedited — provision of lethal arms to Israel — I have reached the end of that bargain.”

“I cannot work in support of a set of major policy decisions, including rushing more arms to one side of the conflict, that I believe to be shortsighted, destructive, unjust, and contradictory to the very values that we publicly espouse,” he added

reveal yourself, c-spam poster

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao at the :dementia: clock in the graphic.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Smythe posted:

will never under any circumstance read this dreck

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Buddykins posted:

lol is u sitting down

im just very much not an American so the idea of our city police dept having offices all over the globe is strange to me

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did no one stop and point out with the magical beheaded babies that 40 is like THE religious number in the Old Testament? Meaning transition, new beginning, purification etc

Incredible that all that poo poo was started by one random rear end numerologist on LSD or whatever

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

that list sure is getting long

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I dont think ive ever seen a forum with less critical thinking than dnd

And you probably never will

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

CODChimera posted:

r/worldnews is 10x worse

I take it back

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

first off lets not open this topic, i wanted all arab fascist regimes overthrown and i was doubly looking for revenge because assads crimes and he tortured to death a leftist anarchist friend of mine. that book is closed for now, when the next chapter of liberstion struggle happens we can look into it again.

Sorry to hear that Al-Saqr it is something in this forum to read opinions that are almost dismissive and condescending from certain Western/white people that really do not have a personal experience or history with the area and your own personal experience of loss. Lot of time they do filter it through the actions of their governments and how it influences the region and because of that overwhelmingly control and influence any self determination in western Asia and the global south seems lost. You want every single one of these pieces of poo poo governments to be overthrown but also fear the American/Western influence that comes after it.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Luceid posted:

im just very much not an American so the idea of our city police dept having offices all over the globe is strange to me

lol it was a joke on my part, but yes, the nypd has an actual precinct in israel

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

drat this guy's so cool

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
if reddit is weaponised autism, D&D is like the elephant's foot. of autism. i won't be taking questions on this metaphor.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Lol Israel giving Elon the ad money faucet he's been begging for now I guess

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

it's supposedly to tighten security by having israeli cops learn from nypd cops afaik

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

lol

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

american police have loving military equipment and vehicles

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
near US embassy in Lebanon

https://twitter.com/AJA_Palestine/status/1714846332127699293

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Quds News Network posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
Palestinian journalist Mumem Qraiqea, who lost his both legs during the Israeli aggression on #Gaza in 2008-2009, hugs and tries to calm down a baby, who was pulled alive out from the rubble of his house bombed by Israeli warplanes.
(from t.me/QudsNen/83073, via tgsa)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Cuttlefush posted:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Zionists right now are storming a bunch of places in the West Bank arresting a ton of unarmed brown people so they learned well from the NYPD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

and nypd and lapd are the ones israeli cops want to learn from