Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ardennes posted:

It is hard to imagine the US is this extreme, but yeah, it may in fact be that bad.

Doesn't feel that hard to imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I dont think ive ever seen a forum with less critical thinking than dnd

i love D&D because I can drop in make two post and drop out. A+ forum

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

ram dass in hell posted:

it's a rage against the machine lyric from their song about leonard peltier. sounds like u got a bit of growing up 2 do

i dont listen to chud music

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

White Devil May Cry

lol

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

mila kunis posted:

there was like a decade of protests in the arab world and nothin much changed, do you think the governments are just gonna ride the wave until these atrocities pass and go back to business as usual

If the US had any role in keeping a lid on things then there's no way it can do it to the same degree now. The empire has never been weaker since it was established after ww2. I hope people across the world realize the current historic weakness of the US and its allies and exploit it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I pray for the day mannerup returns to his C-SPAM homeland and bring us the god dang news again. while people make fun of twitter posting, our news aggregator posters were a fundamental part of the thread ecosystem in early cspam.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ringo Roadagain posted:

r/worldnews is 10x worse

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ringo Roadagain posted:

it's the opposite, they've got to have the most amount critical thinking to twist themselves into knots to take the positions they do

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

FlapYoJacks posted:

Updated 18/10/23 16:57UTC

The timeline of the Al-ahli Arabia Baptist Hospital propaganda bombing effort post with timestamps and references:

- 13/10/23 at 1:43PM (unsure of timezone): MSF International tweeks that Israel has given Al Awda Hospital two hours to evacuate. [1]
- 17/10/23 at 20:23 UTC: We blew up a hospital because Hamas was hiding there. [2]
- 17/10/23 at 20:25 UTC: It was a misfired Hamas rocket. [3]
- 17/10/23 at 20:38 UTC: We warned them to evacuate the hospital. [4]
- 17/10/23 for many hours: Here are videos of a misfired Hamas rocket. [5]
- 18/10/23 at 12:46 UTC: IDF Spokesperson Daniel Hagari claims the failed rocket launch came from the southwest of Gaza, contradicting every video going forward put out by the IDF. [6]
- 18/10/23 at 02:45 UTC: IDF silently removes the videos as the years/timestamps are wrong. They then accuse Al Jazeera of not checking their own videos. Again, with the incorrect timestamp. [7]
- 18/10/23 at 08:50 UTC: IDF claims they bombed the hospital garage, but there were no direct hits on the hospital. [8]
- 18/10/23 at 08:59 UTC: The IDF claims Hamas is exaggerating the death toll. [9]
- 18/10/23 at 09:46 UTC: The IDF released a supposed call between two Hamas agents with perfect clarity discussing the rocket explosion in excruciating detail, including names and locations, with terms like "Israeli shrapnel." [10]

Supplemental:
"The Anglican church which runs the hospital has said it was stuck before, by an Israeli rocket just four days ago, injuring members of staff. Speaking to CBS News, Fadel Naim - a doctor at Al-Ahli - says Isreal's army sent a warning to evacuate the facility two days ago:
[IDF] called our medical director, and they told him, "We warned you yesterday with two rockets - why are you still working in those buildings? Why didn't you evacuate the hospital?"

-snip-

the open source reporting is coming from inside the thread!

seriously tho, thanks for summing it up like this. i'm going to save this in case any of my friends need some brain cleaning.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Hi I'm just posting from 1000 pages back like a good cspamer.
Besides starting to bomb other nations more, anything else hosed up that Israel has been doing in the last like 4 hours?

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
visiting my conservative boomer dad and he turned on abc world news and I just generally tried to avoid any conversation about the segment on Israel s& the hospital bombing only for my dad to unprompted say “you don’t believe this garbage do you?” before talking about how horrible the Israeli bombing in Gaza was so that was neat :unsmith:

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
DND bombed another hospital

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

norm's book GAZA is still the number 1 best seller on amazon.com in middle eastern history

hope normies(heh) are learning about gaza

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Popy posted:

we never saw IDF gundam..

defeated by Scud Gundam offscreen

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

RC Cola posted:

Hi I'm just posting from 1000 pages back like a good cspamer.
Besides starting to bomb other nations more, anything else hosed up that Israel has been doing in the last like 4 hours?

They have invaded and closed off a town and refugee camp in the West Bank right now with intense armed clashes. They also murdered a kid in this town a couple of hours ago and it was caught on camera.

https://twitter.com/qudsn/status/1714867607227003228

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Complications posted:

Turns out that all the liberal states spending the last 30-40 years demolishing the social contract and any material incentive to obey central authority outside of immediate punishment has consequences.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

https://twitter.com/MemeIndustrial/status/1714849595464007829?s=20

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
15 9/11s :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

CODChimera posted:

r/worldnews is 10x worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyMeWCt8C6U&t=413s

welp the age thing breaks the timestamp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyMeWCt8C6U&t=413s

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

eXXon posted:

Maybe she's inspecting the NYPD branch(es) there.

wait wait wait

why the gently caress is the NYPD in Israel lmfao. are they lost

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Smythe posted:

i was surprised to see this article published. i think it will start to be removed soon.

so will the former state dept. official.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SirPablo posted:

Rewatching CYE and Palestinian Chicken episode is up. Larry is clearly anti Zionist.

He's pro-chicken.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Luceid posted:

wait wait wait

recruiting

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Noting that the ground invasion of Gaza remains very much NOT underway.

Lol.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/punicist/status/1714805284755878187

Interesting thread on the Global thermidor in the Middle East.

PawParole has issued a correction as of 06:11 on Oct 19, 2023

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Hehehee the elites are so shallow and moronic the only thing they know to do is to recreate world war 2.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Why shouldn't the nypd be in israel

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Luceid posted:

wait wait wait

not just israel :nsa:

https://www.nycpolicefoundation.org/ourwork/advance/counterterrorism/

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel channel 12 is saying that Biden told Netanyahu that if he doesnt achieve a decisive and clear victory soon, Israel will no longer have a serious place at the middle eastern power table, and that all of their strategic plans (like normalization) will be irrecoverably damaged

lol is this the dementia or the mean, dumb, rear end in a top hat he always was appearing in moments of lucidity?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Pobrecito posted:

visiting my conservative boomer dad and he turned on abc world news and I just generally tried to avoid any conversation about the segment on Israel s& the hospital bombing only for my dad to unprompted say “you don’t believe this garbage do you?” before talking about how horrible the Israeli bombing in Gaza was so that was neat :unsmith:

We watch ABC world news most nights and I found their framing of the hospital story interesting. “Hamas and Israel blame one another, signs point to a Hamas error but everyone believes Israel did it and it doesn’t appear many people will be swayed from that.” Shrewd maneuver to give up the game and essentially say “we know you know you’re being fed bullshit.”

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ardennes posted:

Basically bully the entire region into submission and "normalize" out of fear. Before Biden came to Israel, maybe there was some chance that the US would actually try to cool the situation but it very well they want to "remake" the Middle East as another way to attempt to bring back hegemony. It is a very poor bet.

a RUSI fellow says the same thing,

https://x.com/MikeRStephens/status/1714592713562083560?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

just nakedly evil

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Yeah im the mayor of uh Tallahassee, and im here in tel aviv to explain why we support you bombing hospitals so much

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

i love D&D because I can drop in make two post and drop out. A+ forum

yeah. its actually pretty great. just turn off your brain and post wikipedia articles.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/punicist/status/1714805284755878187

Interesting thread on the Global thermidor in the Middle East.

1967 israel attacked the arabs not the other way around

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

no

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
anyone posting terrible ai crap goes on the death to list

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

1967 israel attacked the arabs not the other way around

Ah. Besides that the point it raised, how that war led to the increase of religiousity in both “Israel” and the Arab states is interesting. You see the same thing in Somalia after the Soviet betrayal during the Western Somali liberation war.

PawParole has issued a correction as of 06:20 on Oct 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al-Saqr posted:

there was alot of things that changed, a violent counter-revolution put it down, however if a round two happens both sides will be alot more worn down and the stakes will be infinitely higher for both ends.

agaib like i said, no one should take arab countries into account in all this, they are dead and passive societies in cages, only take notice if one of the big cages breaks.

Weren't you rooting for the US/Israeli/UAE overthrow of Syria, though?