Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
and some hospitals have started to run out of medicine and medical supplies

https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1714895342523580846

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

DickParasite posted:

Finally an expert on schools and hospitals collapsing.

lmao

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

DickParasite posted:

lol

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
ah yea more drone attacks on US bases

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1714894297974112261

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Yes_The_Real_Me/status/1714855353198719444?t=5tr2Gz-_piK8XDNlqWfb_A&s=19

Lmao

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
It's gonna be super great when america claims its bases were attacked completely unprovoked out of thin air for no reason whatsoever when the big regional war breaks out.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

ProfessorBooty posted:

I was talking about this with my father. He is such a frustrating man. For the past decade and a half I realize I don't talk honestly with my family, instead, I 'manage' the conversation, I fret and stress, trying to know what they are going to say and the exact right thing to attempt to manipulate them into thinking differently in the long term, or, if anything, get them to just let go, because we just have no power.

When I told him that I hate that I have to witness the holocaust, part two, he told me that I sounded like a holocaust denier. I can't believe he would say such a thing. I was trying to manipulate him in the best way I could. I was managing my anger at him, I spent the last two months finding the perfect way to destroy him. I came up with aphorisms and talking points and stopping points and the perfect ways to counter him in every single way. "There is no such thing as a perfect victim", "A belief that cannot manifest an actionable reality is worthless", "You can hear the Truth, you can speak the Truth, but you can't teach the Truth" trying to be wise and poo poo, showing him the perfect counter to his moron rational right wing talking points.

And I thought of a final manipulation. It's evil. He emailed me today with some video from brogger or whatever right wing youtube thing is out there, with some pundit weakly giving the case for noninterference. I emailed him back saying I watched it, and that we should talk.

I know him better than he knows him. He tries to capitulate gently, in his email back to me, saying that he understands how this cycle works, two sides for every conflict, and that he is sorry for what he said.

He told me I sounded like a holocaust denier.

I SOUNDED like a holocaust denier.

I am an emotional manipulator. I try to manipulate the people around me to eliminate conflict. I thought about this thing he said, and the perfect, perfect counter.

I thought of it today, I was so proud. I think about when I decided to cut off the zionist part of my family (It's weird but consistent), and I thought about how my conversation would go with him.

I would say, "Dad, you called me a holocaust denier"

And he will reply, "No, I said you sounded like a holocaust denier"

And I would finally reply to him. The final stab through the chest, "What is the difference." deadpan and silent.

I would tell him that I already know why, but I want to know why he knows why.

I imagine our society a deep deep ocean. In this ocean we swim in lies. As we become less critical, as we think less what, but why, we start swimming deeper. As we go deeper, we need more lies and contradictions to keep us going, to validate that everything is becoming darker. We become more distressed and anxious. The people we listen to give us ways to cope, while impregnating genocide. You go deeper and deeper.

And then you have cancer, and you have little time left, and maybe you are shaken, but you try to stay firm.

Your son stabbed you in the chest. It was perfect. Your son said, "If I may condense, what you just said. Free market economics would work, and would be the best system to run society, but the problem is that not everyone is lacking in Ideals, and these are Libertarian Ideals", and your son knew that it would make you have to swim deeper, deeper into the darkness.

My dad said 'yes', and I knew I was victorious, I created the win/win scenario for me. I finally defeated him in the battle of logic and rationality.

He emailed me today, with an apology, then saying something that I might say to the effect is cycles of violence, how one thing leads to another, and this tends to create two sides.

I email him back, 'We should talk'

And I don't know what to say now, knowing that i am an emotional manipulator.

The worst part of my family is that they gang up with me. During Thanksgiving I eat at the 'kid's' table, because it's so much more fun to see the things they are interested in and not having to pay attention to what I am now is realizing is just a big giant, racist, genocidal way to keep oil prices low to keep this wheezing geriatric of an economy limping.

I don't want to be ganged up on anymore. That's why I made this decision. My mom - - separated for my my dad in the 90's, is long gone. She wrote some incredibly hateful, dreadful, genocidal things on the family signal, while I was trying to manipulate them into maybe even opening an article about both sides just chilling out, or the wikipedia article on the history of palestine. She is so far gone that I can't have her anymore. But maybe that isn't fair.

So I'm not sure what to do. I think maybe I will talk to my dad about how the moment I thought about cutting him off, I was so happy. Suddenly I was sleeping better, I was able to focus better I work, I was able to stop watching this thread for an hour or so, so I could get things done. I was waking up before my alarm, I wasn't snoozing my alarm. I wasn't taking my afternoon ephedrine pill.

The reason my dad said I SOUNDED like a holocaust denier, is to protect himself. But I emotionally manipulated myself, and I know that know. I look back at myself, and that person thought, 'My dad said that, to protect himself from the pain to call his son a holocaust denier'. What if, instead, I should say, 'My dad said that to protect me from the pain of him calling me a holocaust denier'.

So maybe there is a chance. One last chance as I squeeze tears from my eyes and wish that in the horrors of all my life, it wouldn't be a holocaust after holocaust after holocaust after holocaust until we are finally scratching at the dirt with sticks.

Maybe my dad will learn what it means to reach the bottom.

The bottom is where the lies cease. The next lie doesn't get you further. You are going to die and you realize you were absent from your family. Ashamed that you were successful, maybe, but money is what is important - get the right investments, live frugally. You know that you will never be a good dad, but you can do something. Your son knows this, because your son remembers when you said something to the effect of, 'Everyone wants to have an inheritance for their children',.

I clung on to that and realized why he was gone and probably felt so ashamed that his youngest, the ones who just happened to be born Millennial, had such a hard time compared to their sisters who were just a few years older than them. We were Millennials and he divorced in the 90's, a double whammy of generational division. Maybe I am too presumptive, but I want to think his mask slipped.

And that is his final lie, the one that his children will inherit something more valuable than he has to provide as a father. When I think about this, finally. Writing this out. This whole thing has been stream of thought. I realize he hit the bottom of this ocean of lies several years ago. He's in darkness now, with cancer, and doesn't know the way up, that's why he is so stubborn, but also so liberal, and easy to manipulate.

And I want to give him another chance. But that means I have to give my mom another chance.

But my dad is a genocide denier.

edit: (Sorry)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

It's gonna be super great when america claims its bases were attacked completely unprovoked out of thin air for no reason whatsoever when the big regional war breaks out.

Its 15 Benghazis

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
My god...... tenghazi

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Weird that a hamas rocket attack hasn't occurred in a while, like they are planning for something.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Soggy Muffin posted:

Sorry to hear that

or happy for you

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Death By The Blues posted:

Weird that a hamas rocket attack hasn't occurred in a while, like they are planning for something.

theres been some last night.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
hell yeah, trending on twitter

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
all twitter posts should be in the musk thread thank you

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nichael posted:

Joe Biden is literally rounding up Jews. Hmmm, could we be the bad guys here???

He did say they have nowhere else to go.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

russia and turkey in talks to be 'guarantor states' in the palestine israel conflict i have no idea what the hell they mean by that

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1714897044924457300?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
News - Israel’s police chief, Kobi Shabtai, has said there will be “zero tolerance” for protests in support of Gaza in Israel, threatening to send anti-war demonstrators to the besieged Palestinian enclave that Israel has been bombarding daily for nearly two weeks.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/19/israel-police-boss-threatens-to-send-anti-war-protesters-to-gaza-on-buses

Israel police boss threatens to send anti-war protesters to Gaza ‘on buses’
By Al Jazeera Staff
Published On 19 Oct 2023
19 Oct 2023

Israel’s police chief, Kobi Shabtai, has said there will be “zero tolerance” for protests in support of Gaza in Israel, threatening to send anti-war demonstrators to the besieged Palestinian enclave that Israel has been bombarding daily for nearly two weeks.

Shabtai’s comments came in a video posted on the TikTok channel of the Israeli police on Tuesday. Israeli media picked it up on Wednesday after police broke up a rally in Haifa in support of Gaza, arresting six people.

“Whoever wants to become an Israeli citizen, welcome,” Shabtai said. “Anyone who wants to identify with Gaza is welcome. I will put him on the buses heading there now.”

In the short video, Shabtai also said there would be “zero tolerance for any instance of incitement … there will be no authorisation for protests”.

He said that Israel is “in a state of war … we’re not in a situation where we will allow all sorts of people to come and test us”.

Israel Police spokesman Eli Levy told Army Radio on Wednesday that since the start of the Gaza war on October 7, 63 people in Israel have been arrested on suspicion of supporting or inciting “terror”.

Police officials told the Ynet news site on Wednesday that they are scouring social media to find Palestinians in Israel who were expressing support for Hamas, the group running the besieged Gaza Strip.

Israel has imposed a “complete siege” on Gaza, cutting off access to food, water, electricity and fuel for the strip’s 2.3 million residents after Gaza-based Hamas fighters launched an attack into southern Israel on October 7. Israeli authorities say at least 1,400 people, most of them civilians, were killed in the attack, more than 4,400 were injured and 199 others were taken captive by Hamas.

Since the attack, Israel has bombarded Gaza from the air in a devastating campaign that has reduced entire neighourhoods to rubble. Palestinian authorities have said that more than 3,400 people have been killed and more than 12,000 others wounded in the Israeli assault.

“After Operation Guardian of the Walls [the 2021 war with Gaza, which saw many Arab-Jewish clashes in mixed towns], we learned our lesson, and established a ‘war room’ to counter such incitement,” said Assistant Commissioner Dror Asraf.

“[Today, the operation] identifies online incitement or planning or any operational information that we identify on all the platforms, which has a goal of disrupting public order and harming others.”

Meanwhile, the ethics panel of the Israeli parliament has voted to suspend a left-wing parliament member, Ofer Cassif, for what it deemed as anti-Israel statements after the war broke out.

Cassif had given an interview in which he accused the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of enacting a plan in Gaza, which he compared with the Nazis’ “Final Solution” against Jews in Europe.

On another occasion, he told foreign media that “Israel wanted this violence”, in reference to the Hamas attack.

According to the Jerusalem Post, Cassif has been suspended for 45 days.

In a social media post published on Wednesday, Cassif called the Knesset’s decision “another nail in the coffin of freedom of political expression”.

“In each of my interviews, I emphasised my complete condemnation and deep disgust for the criminal massacres by Hamas. The political statements against the occupation and the war are not statements against Israel, since peace and justice also serve it and its inhabitants,” he said.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

where did you come from
where did you go
where did you come from
genocide joe

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

DickParasite posted:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Another American base reportedly attacked with missiles

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1714902913363951642

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Homeless Friend posted:

nothing will top goons being duped by being too horny for aoc. i miss that era lol

she did a dance (the chuds were owned)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

they hated our ability to eat burger

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I dunno once you had a really good kebab torsh who needs a burger

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

fizzy posted:

News - Israel’s police chief, Kobi Shabtai, has said there will be “zero tolerance” for protests in support of Gaza in Israel, threatening to send anti-war demonstrators to the besieged Palestinian enclave that Israel has been bombarding daily for nearly two weeks.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/19/israel-police-boss-threatens-to-send-anti-war-protesters-to-gaza-on-buses

Israel police boss threatens to send anti-war protesters to Gaza ‘on buses’
By Al Jazeera Staff
Published On 19 Oct 2023
19 Oct 2023

Israel’s police chief, Kobi Shabtai, has said there will be “zero tolerance” for protests in support of Gaza in Israel, threatening to send anti-war demonstrators to the besieged Palestinian enclave that Israel has been bombarding daily for nearly two weeks.

Shabtai’s comments came in a video posted on the TikTok channel of the Israeli police on Tuesday. Israeli media picked it up on Wednesday after police broke up a rally in Haifa in support of Gaza, arresting six people.

“Whoever wants to become an Israeli citizen, welcome,” Shabtai said. “Anyone who wants to identify with Gaza is welcome. I will put him on the buses heading there now.”

In the short video, Shabtai also said there would be “zero tolerance for any instance of incitement … there will be no authorisation for protests”.

He said that Israel is “in a state of war … we’re not in a situation where we will allow all sorts of people to come and test us”.

Israel Police spokesman Eli Levy told Army Radio on Wednesday that since the start of the Gaza war on October 7, 63 people in Israel have been arrested on suspicion of supporting or inciting “terror”.

Police officials told the Ynet news site on Wednesday that they are scouring social media to find Palestinians in Israel who were expressing support for Hamas, the group running the besieged Gaza Strip.

Israel has imposed a “complete siege” on Gaza, cutting off access to food, water, electricity and fuel for the strip’s 2.3 million residents after Gaza-based Hamas fighters launched an attack into southern Israel on October 7. Israeli authorities say at least 1,400 people, most of them civilians, were killed in the attack, more than 4,400 were injured and 199 others were taken captive by Hamas.

Since the attack, Israel has bombarded Gaza from the air in a devastating campaign that has reduced entire neighourhoods to rubble. Palestinian authorities have said that more than 3,400 people have been killed and more than 12,000 others wounded in the Israeli assault.

“After Operation Guardian of the Walls [the 2021 war with Gaza, which saw many Arab-Jewish clashes in mixed towns], we learned our lesson, and established a ‘war room’ to counter such incitement,” said Assistant Commissioner Dror Asraf.

“[Today, the operation] identifies online incitement or planning or any operational information that we identify on all the platforms, which has a goal of disrupting public order and harming others.”

Meanwhile, the ethics panel of the Israeli parliament has voted to suspend a left-wing parliament member, Ofer Cassif, for what it deemed as anti-Israel statements after the war broke out.

Cassif had given an interview in which he accused the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of enacting a plan in Gaza, which he compared with the Nazis’ “Final Solution” against Jews in Europe.

On another occasion, he told foreign media that “Israel wanted this violence”, in reference to the Hamas attack.

According to the Jerusalem Post, Cassif has been suspended for 45 days.

In a social media post published on Wednesday, Cassif called the Knesset’s decision “another nail in the coffin of freedom of political expression”.

“In each of my interviews, I emphasised my complete condemnation and deep disgust for the criminal massacres by Hamas. The political statements against the occupation and the war are not statements against Israel, since peace and justice also serve it and its inhabitants,” he said.

Only democracy in the middle east though

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Good morning from UTC. DTI! DTA! DTUN!

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
wow im so surprised that sarah silverman, who has a long track record of incredibly stupid reactionary bullshit takes, has another ignorant take about this genocide

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FlapYoJacks posted:

Good morning from UTC. DTI! DTA! DTUN!

o7

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

       

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

       

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
It'll be nice and easy to blame netanyahu on the way out of this genocide, Id bet

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cuttlefush posted:

       

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
why is the 2 so much faster

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Its excited for another go-around!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
HEY HEY HO HO
ISRAEL HAS GOT TO GO

HEY HEY WHO WHO
DROOLIN JOE IS HITLER 2

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

is in sync

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Malloc Voidstar posted:

double time

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

       

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I call bullshit on the genocidal Israeli regime "has no plan for post war Gaza." Their plan is to build a new wall in the middle of gaza and then completely bulldozer northern half of it.

Let's see how many IDF body they are willingly to pay to get northern Gaza.