Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Monica Bellucci posted:

Youtube is threatening me for some reason. Did Elon buy it or something?

The adblocker thing? It's been going for a while, you can get by it by running it in a private window, so just browse using your account and then click private window to actually watch things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah but you've been barred from every hardware shop in a 50 mile radius, right?

They all love me, I mainly use wickes these days

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Clicking on what now? My keyboard also just died, the ill-timed bollocks. Hurray for virtual keyboard!

C&P to incognito? Is google halfassing poo poo?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Monica Bellucci posted:

Clicking on what now? My keyboard also just died, the ill-timed bollocks. Hurray for virtual keyboard!

I use firefox, I think the chrome equivalent is an incognito tab, but maybe try the adblocker cache purge instead if that works better.

I have an option to right click and open any link as an incognito tab, dunno if chrome works that way.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I am firefox, just slowly trying to sort out if it just uBlock or any of the others.

Wow, rclick private just instacloses the window. It was doing something similar earlier with a trailer.

Monica Bellucci fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 18, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Monica Bellucci posted:

I am firefox, just slowly trying to sort out if it just uBlock or any of the others.

Firefox with uBlock Origin, no issues here so far. :ohdear:

Advert apocalypse on Twitch atm though, just gave up watching it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

There used to be a bunch of adresses you could add to your router to block the ad servers at a hardware level, but I can't remember what they are, and I suspect it's not been that simple for a while now.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
So far I've found that, upon getting youtube's ad blocker whine, simply refreshing the page does the trick. (am on chrome, logged into a Google account)

That will serve me for now until I figured out how to refresh adblock's cache or get privacy badger to work (I'm given to understand privacy badger also defeats the youtube thing)

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Microplastics posted:

That will serve me for now until I figured out how to refresh adblock's cache or get privacy badger to work (I'm given to understand privacy badger also defeats the youtube thing)

Not for me. Google can gently caress right off with this poo poo, I hope I give them the shits.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1714717388074053892

loving lol

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
More like Larry Doesn't Fink lol gottem

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

moderately endorsing war crimes

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
*Keith stands and addresses PLP meeting*

JERMERY CORBYN

*sits down again*

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Good to see Kieth courting the important demos before the election, like psycho billionaire Americans. No party has won an general election without them since 1911

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Full on continuation of the Blair playbook of shifting right, courting the capital class and assuming the lefties will follow along out of habit. God willing this all blows up for him.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Greggs has sucked since they ended the big softie.

Use ublock as your ONLY adblocker on youtube, and purge / update cache whenever it gets detected.

Microplastics posted:

So far I've found that, upon getting youtube's ad blocker whine, simply refreshing the page does the trick. (am on chrome, logged into a Google account)

It goes in stages, so for a few days they just complain at you for having an adblock, then eventually cut you off entirely.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 19, 2023

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

For those inclined, one can also get youtube premium for <£2/month by using a VPN and pretending you're Turkish. I did this because my wife likes to watch it on TVs.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
With Tusk back in Poland, big Tone might be thinking he should have done it himself.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Pretended to be Turkish?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Lol, Sunak's gone to Tel Aviv to show support for Israel, how pointless can you get.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

For those inclined, one can also get youtube premium for <£2/month by using a VPN and pretending you're Turkish. I did this because my wife likes to watch it on TVs.

I would rather give up youtube than give them a single cent

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
You can also use this cli tool to just wholesale rip full playlists from youtube, and skip ads and sponsors in their entirity.

https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

My VPN doesn't have Turkey but I tried to set it to Brazil (seems next cheapest I had available) and it wanted me to give them a social security number or something. Assume Turkey doesn't have that issue?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

My VPN doesn't have Turkey but I tried to set it to Brazil (seems next cheapest I had available) and it wanted me to give them a social security number or something. Assume Turkey doesn't have that issue?

The two times I've done it were for Argentina (back when that was cheapest, like £0.75 for a family plan) and Turkey and in neither case did they require anything beyond an address, which I just got from google maps. This was all on my main google account which has my actual address on it, too.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
No complaining about where google pays its taxes now though

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

keep punching joe posted:

You can also use this cli tool to just wholesale rip full playlists from youtube, and skip ads and sponsors in their entirity.

https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp

Same; I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Same; I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it.

:wtc:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Are you Edward Snowden?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Gorn Myson posted:

As far as "cheap and cheerful" options go its the only one left aside from McDonalds. Fish and chips used to be that but thats gotten pricey now.

I always get a saveloy and chips which is still cheap enough. It's fish specifically thats gone bonkers.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I use an electromechanical golfball typewriter hooked up to a five line Telex machine to order sausage and chips.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I just ask my butler to look at a webpage for me and then he brings me the printouts on a little silver tray, which he presents with a comically melodramatic "voilà!"

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

:hmmyes:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

git womb hacks git

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
I sleep in a big bed with my websites.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I loved your interview by the way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcL86UpqZc

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

nice of you to post with us mr stallman

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lmao just lmao if you don't get Enrique to hand-write all the websites you want to use in the morning

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Good lord it's like you are speaking Dutch. Some of the words are recognisable but as a whole I'm left nodding and saying "aye, uh huh, yeah" while desperately trying to hide how utterly confused I am.

I just use the Google Chrome. Right now I'm watching the Youtubes on the Samsung Smart TV and getting hot every time an obnoxious ad is inserted between songs on Mogwai's Mr Beast album

This is why I feel crushingly embarrassed anytime my mam says I'm a computer whiz, while being too polite to point out that knowing how to use a few keyboard shortcuts isn't actually very impressive

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 19, 2023

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Instructing my interns to print out all my websites and pop them in my in tray like Jacob Rees Mogg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

keep punching joe posted:

Instructing my interns to print out all my websites and pop them in my in tray like Jacob Rees Mogg.

hand written though