Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

what? I had my horse from lvl 1 and I skipped the campaign
e: for seasonal

When you enter Act4 you have to speak to some dude in that city and he will give you free horse. Game won't direct you to him though. I know cos I finished Act4 thinking I had to finish gaem before I can get horse, but no. You get it right after you finish the Act3 campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I haven't been paying attention so I apologize if this was mentioned recently: Is there any clan culling/consolidating going on so we can better party up for ghoul stomping?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

For anyone leveling a sorc I highly recommend using inferno and frozen orb with the frozen orb enchant and just spam cast the inferno (don't channel it just click it over and over) because you get a load of orb procs for no mana

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Wtf folks talking about not having their horse in season start with skip campaign. That's not true. Also, mobs reacted slow to the presence of someone on horseback all throughout the game's time as far as I could tell, it probably seems even slower now that the horse can move faster.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

DaveKap posted:

I haven't been paying attention so I apologize if this was mentioned recently: Is there any clan culling/consolidating going on so we can better party up for ghoul stomping?

im also interested bc i didnt join a goon guild as im in australia but my current guild is so dead i think id have more luck with goons on the other side of the world

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The new horse is good. Just make you wonder about why they did such a huge overworld at all.

The new blood vampire zones are a good use of the space I guess.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

euphronius posted:

The new horse is good. Just make you wonder about why they did such a huge overworld at all.
This was my question as well. There are so many named and often cool areas to visit but like... why would I? Only dungeons have useful stuff and doing them once is enough, and after I find all the STATues, there is no reason to go back, drops are the same everywhere, enemies autoscale everywhere so there are never any areas I had a hard time with to revisit. Etc. This is something Soulliesborne games do a lot better.

The main quest does a good job of taking you through the world in a fun progression. But there is no NG+ here you just bump world tier and grind more dungeons.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

nightwisher posted:

My dad kept bugging me to buy this so he had someone to party up with, I kept saying yeah yeah one day, then yesterday he gifted it to me out of the blue lol

I did the campaign skip but apparently I need to do a quest to unlock the horse, but I don't seem to be able to start it? Maybe my brain is too smooth but I couldn't see how to do it in the season on that character, do I have to do the campaign on another character or something? Hope not, looked like a long boring slog when I was watching him play.

You should do the campaign it's pretty good actually and there are some cool boss fights you can't do anywhere else in game

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
yeah the campaign is good and worth a playthrough imo, i doubt ill ever do it again but it was a fun story and its hardly a slog if you do it on wt1

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
It's obviously not going to happen at this point, but with the horse movement so much better it almost feels like there's less need for as many waypoints scattered through the world. Just do the FF14 thing where you get a mount much earlier on, but then as you meet different objectives the speed will go up considerably. That way you're still keeping players like exploring and engaging an area as they're doing quests, but are then just able to zoom through when they're just travelling from point a to b.

Also, for druid when you have that aspect that makes poison creeper's active skill fire off a whole bunch of landslides, are those landslides damage impacted by +earth or +landslide traits?

Circle Nine fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 19, 2023

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Just dont do quests while you are doing the campaign or you risk reaching 50 before finishing the campaign.

Doing side quests prior to completing campaign is a first class ticket to Loserville, of which you will be mayor if you do sidequests.

Blue exclamation marks on your screen have to be ignored. Ignore the quests !!!!

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Have to disagree, skip the campaign if you are able and can still get the horse. There's twenty minutes of boss fights and two hours of waiting around for in engine dialogue and following nerds walking slowly between set pieces

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

flashman posted:

Have to disagree, skip the campaign if you are able and can still get the horse. There's twenty minutes of boss fights and two hours of waiting around for in engine dialogue and following nerds walking slowly between set pieces

I think he wont be able to get horse unless he reaches act4 campaign though, and horse is needed to get forgotten souls during helltides.

You also kinda need it to collect the statues

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The Diablo 4 campaign is good enough to justify doing it once and actually enjoying the dialogue and character building when "nerds walk between set pieces."

And I agree mobs didn't react much to horses prior but they attacked me and when I'd spent all my charges I had to be aware of not being swarmed and dismounted. Now they can't react like something is fundamentally busted.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Mr. Pickles posted:

I think he wont be able to get horse unless he reaches act4 campaign though, and horse is needed to get forgotten souls during helltides.

You also kinda need it to collect the statues

Yeah if you can't get the horse otherwise then unfortunately you've got to do that poo poo

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
The campaign was good and you should do it once.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Sorbus posted:

Following maxroll’s firewall sorc leveling guide and it has been pretty fun. A bit weak against bosses at the moment but nothing serious and already killed the butcher once.

I did the same up to like level 27 and it was almost too easy. You just sort of make a bed of fire and lay in it while everything is melting on screen. I can't even see the loot. So I switched to barbarian for something a little more engaging.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Swilo posted:

*why the hell can't we replay chapters of the campaign at will after clearing it like in every previous game
It is a bit mad that the only interesting bosses are the chapter end bosses, and you just never see them again.

Circle Nine posted:

Also, for druid when you have that aspect that makes poison creeper's active skill fire off a whole bunch of landslides, are those landslides damage impacted by +earth or +landslide traits?
Yes. I have trampleslide and poison slide with the double landslide aspect and they fire off twice. Probably not the most efficient use of my aspects but it is funny and very satisfying to conjure a screenful of landslides.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Personally I think the aspect system is real bad, legendaries should be legendaries, takes any fun out of having one drop and it's just a garbage rare with a garbage aspect on it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I read a good idea about being able to store your highest roll in the codex. So it starts off when you do the dungeon you have the lowest roll, but then as you play and get better drops your codex roll gets better.

It should also mark it more clearly if an aspect isn't in the codex so you know not to ignore it.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I read a good idea about being able to store your highest roll in the codex. So it starts off when you do the dungeon you have the lowest roll, but then as you play and get better drops your codex roll gets better.

It should also mark it more clearly if an aspect isn't in the codex so you know not to ignore it.

This is how The Division 2 works. Someone suggested it to the D4 guys in the QA section of one of the campfire streams and they all reacted positively, so here's hoping. As they add more stuff to do in the end game I think they will inevitably do things like this to streamline the process of getting a build up and running

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The kind of idea that should have popped up about 15 minutes after the idea for aspects

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Kaysette posted:

It has like 2.5 good cinematics (available for free on youtube) and the voice acting of the dude from 2015's Robert Egger "The Witch" movie does a lot to salvage it, but good? I imagine if it was good I would want to do it at least once more? (I don't).

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
the guy from the witch has a super good voice that i like listening to which was the main reason i paid attention to most of the story cutscenes

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Last night I kept noticing that my shrine buffs would disappear immediately if I mounted or clicked the shrine while on a mount. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Campaign was good. Idk what else you want from a diablo story outside of really solid voice acting , a trip to hell and good prevailing but at great cost. Been meaning to do it again on hardcore the titles.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

The campaign was really good, but the ratio of walking around talking to people and clicking objects in rooms to killing demons was skewed a bit far toward the former for me to want to play it again (I did it twice already)

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Kaysette posted:

Definitely this! If anything, just ignore sidequesty stuff and focus on getting the campaign handled, especially prior to Act 4 when getting the horse. All that stuff will be waiting for you after it's done and less tedious / easier to handle for it.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Last night I kept noticing that my shrine buffs would disappear immediately if I mounted or clicked the shrine while on a mount. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Yeah I’ve had this happen. Not sure if it’s every time I click on a shrine while mounted or just sometimes.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Tokubetsu posted:

Campaign was good. Idk what else you want from a diablo story outside of really solid voice acting , a trip to hell and good prevailing but at great cost. Been meaning to do it again on hardcore the titles.

I want to be in hell constantly killing demons, 10minute hell ride just won't cut it man

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Campaign should just happen in the background as you make your way through, like d2 as god intended. I play that game a million times and still don't know what's on the go

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
noticed last night in my dead clan that my real name IRL was showing up on the clan roster, supposedly other people can't see it since i don't have realID friends enabled but that was a weird thing to randomly add for s2

here's a thread about it: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/diablo-4-shows-real-id-since-season-2/129909

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

My real name in all caps is what I like to see in video game menus

Streamers raging in the thread for being doxxd by blizzard are hilarious tho

thanks chris metzen

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 19, 2023

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

The kind of idea that should have popped up about 15 minutes after the idea for aspects
To be fair there are a bunch of great ideas that all games should have, but patent trolling is stopping it or making it too expensive for execs to agree to.

Stupid poo poo like [i think it was crazy taxi?] where there was a floating arrow in the top centre of the screen pointing the way in 3D, but the patent was written in such a way that it basically meant any game that used a 3D arrow or the top middle of the screen to guide the player to objectives would either have to pay up or could risk getting fleeced.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that big gaming corps like ubisoft have entire departments dedicated to patenting anything they can get away with to stifle or fleece competitors; so looking into 'can we do this thing that other game did' is probably not as straightforward as it seems.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm almost level 40 after about 4-5 hours of play time. I think they did a good job making the early game more fun. The vampire tides are basically just endless killing and very quick objectives. It feels nice to unlock/upgrade vampire powers as part of killing the vampires. It's nice to have something else in the world to do. It always felt a little funny that we got this big open world but very little to do in it.

Introduce the new endgame mechanics and continue to overhaul itemization in season 3 and the game might be in a pretty good spot. Adding the highest rolled aspect to the codex is a good addition. I just need the itemization to feel rewarding and not like I'm doing my taxes trying to upgrade my equipment.

Mr. Pickles posted:

My real name in all caps is what I like to see in video game menus

Streamers raging in the thread for being doxxd by blizzard are hilarious tho

thanks chris metzen

I wonder if this is why they added a streamer mode in the patch.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The overworld is begging for some wide scale ARPG RISK type game or something crazy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

another thing they need to fix is poo poo like this (timestamped)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD70xuyCi98&t=63s

lol

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Ehud posted:

I wonder if this is why they added a streamer mode in the patch.

According to a post in the thread the real name appears even in "streamer mode", this is actually objectively funny

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

D4 is seriously Jokerfying Raxx in record time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If they fix the loot and the endgame I think they have a game here