Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Anabar doesn't have sugar alcohols, which my intestines can't tolerate. I happily trade 100 calories for that alone, but also they are delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

StormDrain posted:

Robert Irvine PBJ protein bars are fuckin delicious candy and you can't convince me they are good for me however I look forward to eating all of them and will do so without regret.

:hmmyes:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco finished their investigation and has no idea where it came from, and we get to keep the set of Anolon non-stick pots and pans.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I do the Kirkland chewy protein bars. They're only half the protein of the actually healthy protein bars but you can get 42 for $15 so it works out to a meal's worth of calories and 30 grams of protein for a little over a buck.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

rodbeard posted:

I do the Kirkland chewy protein bars. They're only half the protein of the actually healthy protein bars but you can get 42 for $15 so it works out to a meal's worth of calories and 30 grams of protein for a little over a buck.

You know what when I was comparing my options today I'm surprised the idea if buying a cheaper one and eating two of them didn't cross my mind. Maybe next time.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

rodbeard posted:

how much sugar is in those?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I've been having one of those Robert Irvine PB bars for breakfast for like a month straight now lol they're dope as hell

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

hark posted:

how much sugar is in those?

11g fat
10g protein
6g fiber
6g sugar

190 calories.

I snack on 2 or 3 a day while I'm at work.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Joy of joys, the mango smoothie is dead and the fruit smoothie is returned to its rightful place.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

nuts are bad for protein? I probably should have looked this stuff up before just winging it. What bars have good macros

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Chad Jihad posted:

What bars have good macros

Take a guess...

They're very popular in here for not only decent macros but it tastes like a candy bar.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Take a guess...

They're very popular in here for not only decent macros but it tastes like a candy bar.

lot of sugar and saturated fat for my tastes, but I have had one before a while back and they do taste good.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

No way lol, I just assumed he was a grifter whenever I saw his pictures

Jim Cramer
Sep 18, 2009

hark posted:

lot of sugar and saturated fat for my tastes, but I have had one before a while back and they do taste good.

i've been on the lookout for low sugar, low sat fat, inulin-free protein bars for ages. i don't think they exist.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

they have onions at my food court

but you have to ask and they give them to you in a little condiment container

Jim Cramer
Sep 18, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Joy of joys, the mango smoothie is dead and the fruit smoothie is returned to its rightful place.

now they just need to revive the combo slice.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Chad Jihad posted:

:same:

But I've been touting those things for years in this thread. They're not perfect, but the macros are good for a protein bar that doesn't taste like grainy poo poo.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Jim Cramer posted:

i've been on the lookout for low sugar, low sat fat, inulin-free protein bars for ages. i don't think they exist.

About the best I've found are the Quest Nutrition bars, but even they can taste pretty unremarkable. Some of the flavors can be pretty decent and you might just find one you love. But you can't get them at Costco. The Robert Irvine bars do taste pretty good but contain a lot of bullshit in them, like Maltitol. Pretty much all of big brands of low sugar protein bars use Maltitol as a sweetener, which sucks.

The Kirkland brand ones can be pretty good. I like how chewy they are. But it depends on how low on macros you are willing to go and still maintain some flavor and not need to poo poo your brains out afterwards. Some of those sugar alcohols will go right through you.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Take a guess...

Talk macros all you want, this guy is juicing so hard

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Just stopped in to church about my hearing aids being a little on the fritz - they cleaned em up and stayed wonky, so they're shipping off to the manufacturer. 30 minutes beginning to end (and a rotisserie chicken and pumpkin pie, on the side)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Big Mac posted:

Just stopped in to church about my hearing aids being a little on the fritz - they cleaned em up and stayed wonky, so they're shipping off to the manufacturer. 30 minutes beginning to end (and a rotisserie chicken and pumpkin pie, on the side)

whats the macros on the rotisserie

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don’t know or give a gently caress what macros are but the Robert Irvine Chocolate Peanut Butter Fit Crunch Protein Bar is great

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Oh dang, I just saw the Costco CEO is finally stepping down: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/18/costco-ceo-craig-jelinek-to-step-down-jan-1-coo-ron-vachris-will-take-over.html

Our $1.50 hotdogs and $4.99 chickens will only last for so much longer.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Better give the new CEO the same pep talk:

quote:

"If you raise the effing hot dog, I will kill you. Figure it out."

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Chad Jihad posted:

I actually looked him up and (from my cursory Wikipedia-ing) he seems like a pretty decent dude. Does a fuckton of stuff for charity

Jim Cramer
Sep 18, 2009

ShowTime posted:

Oh dang, I just saw the Costco CEO is finally stepping down: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/18/costco-ceo-craig-jelinek-to-step-down-jan-1-coo-ron-vachris-will-take-over.html

poo poo.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
All y'all need to use his full name - Chef Robert Irvine.

As in Chef Robert Irvine's FITCrunch High Protein Baked Bars.

They're chef-created of course

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
He personally makes each one and blesses them with a British naval shanty.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

ShowTime posted:

Time to nut up or shut up.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I got the mint Robert Irvine chocolate protein bars and they are, dare I say it, even better.

The one with mint.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had another baked fitcrunch bar. Still delicious. Too good for this world.

I had bought them years ago, and they ruled then. Hard to say why I stopped other than not being on a workout focus. The solid hunk of bar that you get from Kirkland is fine, different but fine. Kind of tiring to get through the whole thing sometimes. I'm just not as hungry for a snack as I think.

Anyway the PBJ Chef Robert Irvine Fitcrunch bars are on sale and I might actually drop a ton of cash on them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well he keeps uh, interesting company it seems but I had a laugh at this when someone posted this maybe a month ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PHo0WQzCuQ

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

rodbeard posted:

I keep a box at work for my hungry guys. That and a giant pack of Hawkins™ Cheezies

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Chad Jihad posted:

nuts are bad for protein? I probably should have looked this stuff up before just winging it. What bars have good macros

Nuts are a fat.

PlateNoise
Jul 1, 2023
shoutout to those chili pistachios, they make my blood hurt from the sodium and they make me feel like poo poo, but they do taste funny

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

ShowTime posted:

I’ll pay more for hotdogs if we got the damned condiments that were dropped, and even better going back to the Hebrew Nationals.

I’d pay more for pizza if we could get sausage and vegetables again, cheese and pepperoni are the greasiest and most monotonous options.

I’d pay more for chickens if I could actually get one without waiting with the other suckers in an area that wasn’t designed for 50 goddamned carts to wait 20 minutes until the next batch of chickens is out.

It’s one thing to hold the line in price and quality, quite another to hold a price and drop quality to the point where the low price doesn’t matter anymore.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I still miss the food court gelato, it was so good.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
drat when did this go away? I joined in like 2010 and have never seen gelato.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I miss the italian sausage sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Hed posted:

drat when did this go away? I joined in like 2010 and have never seen gelato.

Apparently they only had 30 locations with gelato. I was lucky to have one nearby!