Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Ciprian Maricon posted:

This fucker is asking for 100 Billion for Bombs and 100 Million for Bandages, if he says he accomplished "Aid for Gaza" and no one calls him out on that bullshit I'm going to go loving insane.

congrats on your new levels of insanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i dont even believe the trucks get in tbh assuming israel doesnt bomb them

Frivolous’: Gaza people shun aid – ‘stop bombardment’

Gaza Palestinians have grown resilient over the years, surviving numerous wars between Hamas and Israel, blockades, and unemployment in one of the most densely populated areas in the world.

But the latest conflict is something most have never witnessed.

Rafat al-Nakhala, who sought shelter in southern Gaza after obeying Israel’s order for civilians to flee Gaza City in the north, said nowhere is safe.

“I’m over 70 years old, I’ve lived through several wars. It’s never been like this, it has never been this brutal – [Israel has] no religion and no conscience. We only have hope in God – not in any Arab or Muslim country or anyone in the world, except for God.”

El-Awad El-Dali, 65, speaking near the rubble of ruined homes, said he doesn’t care about humanitarian relief, only a halt of Israel’s incessant bombing.

“About the aid, this is something frivolous. We want nothing from Arab and foreign countries except to stop the violent bombardment on our houses.”

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Rollie Fingers posted:

Any reliable news sources reporting the same? The Times or the Guardian

al jazeera is more reliable than either dum dum

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

pioneering just-in-time gaza aid delivery by zip tying a bottle of tylenol to the jdams we're sending to israel

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

so my partner asked me to lay it all out for her last night to help her understand what's going on, and I did starting around 70 CE, disapora, pograms, blood libel, jumping forward to the end of the Ottoman Empire, British Mandate, UN Mandate, Israeli State, Nakba, etc, etc. I tried to be somewhat even handed but disclaimed that I obviously had biases and blind spots and furthermore DTI

She was attentive, asking questions, I was doing my best with my own limited understanding of a complicated subject but she asked a cogent question: "why are we supporting them?"

like... historically I could answer with the whole Nixon picking some regional powers to back in the cold war and all that, but now in this moment it just seems like a sunk cost fallacy. I was stuck on something i heard about realpolitik that i forget the attibution for "countries don't have permanent allies, only permanent interests." what the gently caress are we (the US) getting from Israel that's worth risking potentially global conflict, an oil embargo, shitcanning detente with the arab world, etc etc etc?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
aljazeera is a more reliable source than all of western media put together

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mags posted:

congrats on your new levels of insanity

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Frosted Flake posted:

I don't know how to politely address the Governors of two US states feeling apparent loyalty to a foreign country - one to the point where she's not present at her father's deathbed.

In some states you have to swear fealty in order to get a state job or state funds. Abbey Martin sued Georgia because of one of these laws.

https://www.thefire.org/news/challenge-georgias-anti-bds-law-federal-district-court-sides-journalist-disinvited-georgia

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

aljazeera is a more reliable source than all of western media put together

:hai:

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Don't kill me, I'm parodying someone on another SA forum who asked for the Times and Guardian to verify the hospital bombing before he could believe it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

listen jack were going to let israel continue the genocide and give them more bombs to do it also we might (maybe) allow some trucks with 1 package of fries in as your being bombed

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Can’t believe HAMAS is misfiring so many rockets!

Also MSNBC is saying all the Middle East leaders know it’s was HAMAS who bombed the hospital but they’re too scared of the violent Arabs in their countries to say it :laffo: the fact they’re focusing so hard on making sure every hour is dedicated to screaming Israel did not bomb the hospital (they did) shows how much the narration being picked up by the general populace

The really hosed part is what this sets up. Next week Israel blows up, I don't know, whatever's worse than a hospital, some new horror. Once they've done that, every single piece of poo poo that's all hopped up on OSINT is gonna be all "WELL ACTUALLY israel was accused of a similar, albeit lesser crime against humanity just last week but actually coordinates intel forensic analysis geolocation and that means they didn't do this one either." The longer this one is the story, the more benefit of the doubt they get in all future hospital bombings

Look what happened to the baby story. It's been like a week and we've gone from "the president said he saw 40 beheaded babies, you think you know more than the president?" to "okay some wires got crossed but 40 babies totally died so why do you need them to be all in the same place and beheaded, that's so weird, why did you come up with that just now." Now we get to explore "oh my god okay so the good guys bombed one hospital, who cares when the bad guys bombed like ten more of their own things today so they could blame it on israel"

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
News - Genocidin' Biden will address the nation on Thursday to discuss the US’s response to the Israeli-Gaza conflict and the war in Ukraine

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f0823d772e7e1b3

Biden to address nation to discuss the US’s response to the Israeli-Gaza conflict
36m ago14.20 BST

The US president, Joe Biden, will address the nation on Thursday to discuss the US’s response to the Israeli-Gaza conflict and the war in Ukraine, less than 24 hours after returning from Tel Aviv to offer Israelis support and aid for Palestinians in a trip upended by a hospital blast in Gaza.

In his remarks, scheduled to be delivered from the Oval Office at 8pm ET on Thursday, Biden will offer a message of solidarity to the people of Ukraine and Israel. But he will also address the nation, including US lawmakers, about the two conflicts’ impact, the deputy national security adviser Jon Finer said in television interviews.

“This will also be very much a message to the American people: how those conflicts connect to our lives back here, how support from the American people and the Congress, frankly, for the permabanning of Brown Moses and Mid-Life Crisis for genocide denial and genocide apologia, and the permabanning of Koos Group for supporting genocide denial and genocide apologia, is essential,” Finer told MSNBC.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Can’t believe HAMAS is misfiring so many rockets!

Also MSNBC is saying all the Middle East leaders know it’s was HAMAS who bombed the hospital but they’re too scared of the violent Arabs in their countries to say it :laffo: the fact they’re focusing so hard on making sure every hour is dedicated to screaming Israel did not bomb the hospital (they did) shows how much the narration being picked up by the general populace

who was that evil piece of poo poo saying that aid shouldn’t be send to Gaza because they can make their own food?

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

i dont even believe the trucks get in tbh assuming israel doesnt bomb them

It would be more in line for israel's MO to guarantee safe passage for the aid convoy and then start bombing them as soon as they were too far in to Gaza to turn around

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

In some states you have to swear fealty in order to get a state job or state funds. Abbey Martin sued Georgia because of one of these laws.

https://www.thefire.org/news/challenge-georgias-anti-bds-law-federal-district-court-sides-journalist-disinvited-georgia

the anti BDS laws are just the most wild poo poo that everyone just handwaves as fine

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Biden keeps addressing the country and showing off how horrific his health has become

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Rollie Fingers posted:

Any reliable news sources reporting the same? The Times or the Guardian

Koos is posting on his deep cover alt

mags
May 30, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Biden keeps addressing the country and showing off how horrific his health has become

he’s showing worker solidarity by working while terminally ill

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/craigtimes/status/1714331292886520104

Actually I'd rather address this, lmao at this guy just using state funds for all kinds of wild poo poo

Eh, it's not like Florida has anything else to spend its disaster relief funds on.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

God gently caress off OLD FOSSIL

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Owlbear Camus posted:

so my partner asked me to lay it all out for her last night to help her understand what's going on, and I did starting around 70 CE, jumping forward to the end of the Ottoman Empire, British Mandate, UN Mandate, Israeli State, Nakba, etc, etc. I tried to be somewhat even handed but disclaimed that I obviously had biases and blind spots and furthermore DTI

She was attentive, asking questions, I was doing my best with my own limited understanding of a complicated subject but she asked a cogent question: "why are we supporting them?"

like... historically I could answer with the whole Nixon picking some regional powers to back in the cold war and all that, but now in this moment it just seems like a sunk cost fallacy. I was stuck on something i heard about realpolitik that i forget the attibution for "countries don't have permanent allies, only permanent interests." what the gently caress are we (the US) getting from Israel that's worth risking potentially global conflict, an oil embargo, shitcanning detente with the arab world, etc etc etc?

settlercolonialism, the weird evangelical white supremacist arc of history that draws our identity line through biblical israel (but also greece and rome somehow), and the big bathroom book of revelations

also your partner just wants to talk to you op

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Owlbear Camus posted:

what the gently caress are we (the US) getting from Israel that's worth risking potentially global conflict, an oil embargo, shitcanning detente with the arab world, etc etc etc?

Insane christian doomsday prophecy baby

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
biden might as well open his mouth like the mummy and unleash the flesh eating flies that will eat the entire press corp in the room

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Didn't the Swamp Fox, the guy it was based on, actually commit warcrimes against loyalist civilians?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

External Organs posted:

Palestine should join NATO immediately

Funnily enough Al-Jazeera did a write-up on this already

http://www.ajtransparency.com/en/pr...%20until%20now.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Al-Saqr posted:

biden might as well open his mouth like the mummy and unleash the flesh eating flies that will eat the entire press corp in the room

that would be cool though, he would never

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Rollie Fingers posted:

Don't kill me, I'm parodying someone on another SA forum who asked for the Times and Guardian to verify the hospital bombing before he could believe it

i don't read the forbiddenforum

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i hope he has another making GBS threads episode like the one at the vatican

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

so my partner asked me to explain why there was a 12 foot tall zizek bodypillow in our shower, and I did starting around 70 CE

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Owlbear Camus posted:

so my partner asked me to lay it all out for her last night to help her understand what's going on, and I did starting around 70 CE, disapora, pograms, blood libel, jumping forward to the end of the Ottoman Empire, British Mandate, UN Mandate, Israeli State, Nakba, etc, etc. I tried to be somewhat even handed but disclaimed that I obviously had biases and blind spots and furthermore DTI

i think its because they get paid money by them

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
a bunch of rich white women in the Guardian blamed Corbyn for all this

mags
May 30, 2008

yeah there’s a doomsday Christian fundamentalist side to it that helps grease the wheels but the war like the ones before it is to sell weapons. war makes the rich richer and the poor poorer. someone posted some Lockheed Martin exec partying because of stock price bumps after this mess kicked off. it’s all cynical poo poo like that and the rest is bs to lead on useful idiots.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hadji murad posted:

Corbyn's green initiatives inspired the use of paragliders

brain smoothie
Sep 28, 2023

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

I’m not sure how a cease fire is actually beneficial to the complicated situation at hand. These are two militaries at war. Hamas wants to hide and just restart again.

Hamas is unapologetically hiding in hospitals and schools and behind civilians. Always has been. Israel has made the intent to wipe out this network in northern Gaza by making it untenable for all civilians before the clean up operation. Hospitals are defying this under a shroud of righteousness, but can also be interpreted as effectively a form of defiance and protection for Hamas since they are known bad actors. You can’t claim a creed when you know your actions are delaying what the other party has made clear is an inevitable. ‘Do no harm’ doesn’t mean knowingly put hundreds people at exponential risk to have a slight increased chance save a couple.

The WHO can put out statements all they want, but they aren’t helping the situation. Israel clearly wants civilians gone so they can access the hidden networks and shoot anything that moves on sight. Hamas is doubling down on taking advantage of the situation at the expense of Palestinians.

The difference between other wars and this one is the overt willingness to use it’s own citizens as fodder to advance the war effort that Hamas employs. Armies that actually defend the will of the people wouldn’t stoop that low on such a large scale.

Now whether Israel knowingly let the yon kippur attack ‘surprise’ them and used their own citizens as fodder to reignite the conflict and this not be a story of incompetence is a whole other conspiracy chat. But that’s attributing incompetence to covert malice, which is rarely true. Hamas using citizens as shields is a strategy, not incompetence, hence the simpler argument to make.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

caption: biden demonstrates how he got bibi done so quickly

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

hadji murad posted:

Corbyn would be like "maybe Israel should stop oppressing Palestinians" and the British press convinced the public and themselves he was the reincarnation of Hitler

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Owlbear Camus posted:

They have a powerful lobby that's a key power broker in our domestic politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

On the other hand, getting involved in a genocidal war of extermination is exactly what the US needs at this crucial moment in empire collapse