Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Breakfast All Day posted:

so my partner asked me to explain why there was a 12 foot tall zizek bodypillow in our shower, and I did starting around 70 CE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

starting your explainer in 70 CE is like asking your mother how her day was and she spends 40 minutes describing the discoloration on the bathroom door frame she noticed this morning

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Judgy Fucker posted:

The Sarah Silverman thing is kinda weird to me. I swear she's said/posted pro-Palestine poo poo in the past. I guess the Israeli 9/11 times a thousand broke her brain, too

Amy Schumer going full psycho was very predictable

I distinctly recall she was being a full-throated nazi during one of the previous massacres of Gaza. Protective Edge, maybe? Not sure.

"You like to chop baby heads?!"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

strong bird posted:

i think its because they get paid money by them

poo poo i missed the most cynical and correct loving answer for the trees.

remember when Omar got called anti-semetic for making a quip about apaic support being "all about the Benjamins?" because they claimed she meant bibi not 100s (which still I don't get now the double entendre is anti Semitic but when all you have is a hammer)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POLITICOEurope/status/1714929448028438903?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

hadji murad posted:

a bunch of rich white women in the Guardian blamed Corbyn for all this

i'm declaring a fatwa against white women

bernie sanders ftw

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gently caress off petraeus

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

so my partner asked me to explain why there was a 12 foot tall zizek bodypillow in our shower, and I did starting around 70 CE

*George Costanza voice*

I was providing context

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Judgy Fucker posted:

The Sarah Silverman thing is kinda weird to me. I swear she's said/posted pro-Palestine poo poo in the past. I guess the Israeli 9/11 times a thousand broke her brain, too

Amy Schumer going full psycho was very predictable

only thing that makes sense is that reality shifted from a two state to a one state solution, and that would make a zionist like her jump ship

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

yesh... HA HA HA.... YESH!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
:mrgw:
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1715006898183786925?t=q-F8uw-kFiKg-n4VOXG20g&s=19

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

BrotherJayne posted:

Didn't the Swamp Fox, the guy it was based on, actually commit warcrimes against loyalist civilians?

IIRC the church-burning incident was against natives who weren't supporting either side.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

so my partner asked me to lay it all out for her last night to help her understand what's going on, and I did starting around 70 CE, disapora, pograms, blood libel, jumping forward to the end of the Ottoman Empire, British Mandate, UN Mandate, Israeli State, Nakba, etc, etc. I tried to be somewhat even handed but disclaimed that I obviously had biases and blind spots and furthermore DTI

She was attentive, asking questions, I was doing my best with my own limited understanding of a complicated subject but she asked a cogent question: "why are we supporting them?"

like... historically I could answer with the whole Nixon picking some regional powers to back in the cold war and all that, but now in this moment it just seems like a sunk cost fallacy. I was stuck on something i heard about realpolitik that i forget the attibution for "countries don't have permanent allies, only permanent interests." what the gently caress are we (the US) getting from Israel that's worth risking potentially global conflict, an oil embargo, shitcanning detente with the arab world, etc etc etc?

israel is a means to manipulate oil markets, but it's also $4B in guaranteed sales for weapons manufacturers per year. so the oil companies and the weapons manufacturers have incentives to protect israel because every time israel does something psychotic those oil and weapons manufacturers get a lot of money, so those companies bribe the western governments towards that end.
simultaneously, aipac moves a lot of bribe money around to the extent that they have veto power over which politicians are allowed to win primaries and elections in addition to directly bribing and blackmailing politicians.
so there's a whole interlocking network of bribes related to israel, and if the west stopped supporting israel they'd have to make a new network of bribes in other countries. which they've done, of course. but if they cut off israel they'd lose that money, so why should they if the only cost is human misery? that is an externality

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

there's a name I haven't seen in like a decade

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

ohrwurm posted:

who was that evil piece of poo poo saying that aid shouldn’t be send to Gaza because they can make their own food?

nm found it https://x.com/CandiceMalcolm/status/1712098720358031446?s=20

yeah why don’t they just use their rubble to produce food

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nonsense posted:

only thing that makes sense is that reality shifted from a two state to a one state solution, and that would make a zionist like her jump ship

it's always funny that the answer to "what's wrong with a one state solution" is always "isrealis won't be able to maintain their racial hegemony!!!!"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status/1714986693097664745

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ohrwurm posted:

Why don't they open a business in a low income area and keep it unbombed for 3 years

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/hotgirlhala/status/1714978943302828533

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ohrwurm posted:

blockading manhattan then asking why it doesn't produce its own food

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

affordable access to rubble

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I’m glad

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

lol i remember that guy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol watch modi lose the next election now

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Owlbear Camus posted:

poo poo i missed the most cynical and correct loving answer for the trees.

remember when Omar got called anti-semetic for making a quip about apaic support being "all about the Benjamins?" because they claimed she meant bibi not 100s (which still I don't get now the double entendre is anti Semitic but when all you have is a hammer)

ah, the “using tropes” incident (no I will not clarify which tropes)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nonsense posted:

for some reason the ethnonationalist supremacist state doesn't want to be cosmopolitan. curious!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

modi bhai, thank you

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Honky Mao posted:

No poo poo?
Unthreaded
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1714757664721285538.html

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:pwn:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Al! posted:

blockading manhattan then asking why it doesn't produce its own food

where do u think rays pizza comes from

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

magiccarpet posted:

where do u think rays pizza comes from

rays or original rays

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I found someone with aggressive arm movements she will feel safe with

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it looks like we have located here the source of the monkey paw’s curl

https://twitter.com/yousefmunayyer/status/1715009134288933243

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Don't use hand gestures to defend against my right to jdam hospitals

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

vaxxed?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

naptime's OVER

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

dsa earmarks entire 2024 budget for "iron dome for clapping"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Real Mean Queen posted:

Look what happened to the baby story. It's been like a week and we've gone from "the president said he saw 40 beheaded babies, you think you know more than the president?" to "okay some wires got crossed but 40 babies totally died so why do you need them to be all in the same place and beheaded, that's so weird, why did you come up with that just now." Now we get to explore "oh my god okay so the good guys bombed one hospital, who cares when the bad guys bombed like ten more of their own things today so they could blame it on israel"

We all saw this happen with the Ukraine War. Snake Island, Ghost of Kiev, “Battle” of Kiev, the missile that hit Poland.