Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

not an ideal random perks draw but hey you know what, I'll take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mr. Maggy posted:

not an ideal random perks draw but hey you know what, I'll take it

Yeah I would have rather had that build than the one I got (previous page).

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
My random build had Plaything, Pentimento, Overcharge, Grim Embrace.

It was dope.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Haunted by Daylight event starts today at 2pm EDT!

quote:

Duration: From October 18th, 2:00 PM ET – November 6th, 2:00 PM ET.
It’s time to celebrate Halloween in Dead by Daylight with the spookiest Event of the year. In case you missed our recent Livestream, we’ve got you covered with this complete guide to all things Haunted by Daylight.

ATMOSPHERE TO DIE FOR
From October 18th, 2:00 PM ET – November 6th, 2:00 PM ET, Haunted by Daylight will take over the Entity’s Realm, tainting it with the mysterious presence of the Void Realm. Not only that, but familiar sights like Generators and Hooks will also undergo a spooky transformation.

The Bloodweb will also see the return of the Will O' Wisp Flashlight, the All Hallows' Eve Lunchbox Med-Kit , the Blight Serum, and the Arcane Dowsing Rod Bloodpoint Offering .

THE VOID BECKONS
This year marks the arrival of the Void Realm, a terrifying Realm created by The Entity as a wasteland for its discarded...playthings. For the first time, the Void Realm is explorable, and its presence will have an immediate impact on Trials for both Killer and Survivor. So how does it all come together on the gameplay side?

COLLECT VOID ENERGY
Like last year, players must complete specific objectives to collect Void Energy:

Survivor

Repairing Halloween Generators
Stunning a Killer carrying Void Energy
Destroying a Pumpkin

Killer

Hooking Survivors on Halloween Hooks
Downing a Survivor carrying Void Energy
Destroying a Pumpkin

They can also collect Void Orbs, which float toward the player when approached. After sufficient Void Energy has been collected, seek out one of four Unstable Rifts to deposit your haul and activate that Rift. Once enough collective Void Energy has been deposited across all Unstable Rifts, all Rifts will become portals to the Void Realm, which you will be free to enter.

ENTERING THE VOID

When you step into the Void Realm, don’t be alarmed. Okay, you can be somewhat alarmed. Killers will be Undetectable while in the Void Realm, but they will not be able to use their Powers. At the same time, Survivors will be Exhausted and Broken (if already injured or injured in The Void Realm).

You won’t find any Generators, Pallets, Lockers, Chests, or Totems in the Void Realm. There are Hooks, but when a Survivor is placed on one, they will instantly be transported to a Hook on the Map. There are ghostly figures called Haunts, the spirits of all those drained and discarded by The Entity. Provide them with 12 Void Energy to Capture them and release them from the Void and into the Map.

Note that The Void will close a) 2 minutes after spawning, or b) once all available Haunts have been released.

HAUNT-ED BY DAYLIGHT

Once a Haunt has been released, their Aura is revealed. From there, it can impact players in various ways, acting as either a boon or a trap.

For Survivors who complete the Release they will immediately gain a boost for a brief duration, consisting of Haste, Endurance, and 20% faster Action Speed. Their held Item will also be refilled to 50% .

For Killers who completed the Release, they will also immediately gain a boost for a brief duration, consisting of Haste, Undetectable, and 20% faster Action and Cooldown speed.

If a Survivor approaches a Haunt Released by a Survivor, they will briefly receive the Haste speed boost. If a Killer approaches a Haunt Released by a Survivor, they will briefly become Hindered. If a Killer approaches a Haunt they have Released, they will receive a brief Haste speed boost. If a Survivor approaches a Haunt Released by a Killer, their camera will lock onto the Haunt (similar to a Hag’s Phantasm Trap), and they’ll temporarily become Hindered.

PUMPKIN TIME
It wouldn’t be Halloween without a few Pumpkins scattered around the Map. As is tradition, destroying a Pumpkin will lead to one of three outcomes: the Haste Status Effect, the Hindered Status Effect, or nothing at all.

EVENT TOME + HALLOWEEN REWARDS
It wouldn’t be Halloween without treats, and we’ve got you covered with plenty of earnable rewards to unlock. This year, you’ll be able to earn Dark Trinkets by completing challenges in the Haunted by Daylight Event Tome, which can then be used to purchase Haunted by Daylight Cosmetics for both Killer and Survivor:

Survivor Skeleton Shirts:

Nea Karlsson – Painted Skeleton Shirt
Kate Denson – Musical Rib-Cage Shirt
Yui Kimura – Bone Handlebar Shirt
Mikaela Reid – Celestial Skeleton Shirt
Haddie Kaur – Card Reader Shirt
Vittorio Toscano – Carved Bones Shirt

Killer Candy Weapons:

The Wraith – Sweet Blade
The Huntress – Jaw Slasher
The Legion – Syrupy Knife
The Deathslinger – Chocolate Spike
The Dredge – Chewing Blade
The Skull Merchant – Candy Breaker Blade
In addition, Cosmetics and Charms can also be unlocked by completing the Event Tome, including several pieces of a new Outfit for The Knight and Meg Thomas:

Outfits

The Knight – Jack O'Lantern (BODY + WEAPON)
Meg Thomas – Candy Night (TORSO + LEGS)

Charms

Void Pumpkin
Buried Candy
Little Scoundrel
Little Sweetie
Scarecrow Jake
Huntress Werewolf
This Event also features several Milestone Rewards, which can only be earned after unlocking enough Cosmetics. This includes the final pieces of The Knight’s Jack Lantern and Meg Thomas’ Candy Night Outfits . Here are their unlock requirements:

Milestone Rewards:

The Knight – Burning Sight (HEAD) – Unlock 6 Cosmetics
Meg Thomas – Smoky Eyes (HEAD) - Unlock 12 Cosmetics
Void Pumpkin - Charm – Unlock 21 Cosmetics

It will also be easier to keep track of which Rewards remain, with an easy-to-follow tab in the Store & Collection screen. Don’t worry – any leftover Dark Trinkets will be converted into Bloodpoints when the Event wraps up.

SEASONAL COLLECTIONS
Halloween is all about choosing the right costume, and we’re bringing out several terrifying Collections for the occasion, including a few returning seasonal favorites. On October 18th, head to the in-game store and check out the Tricks And Treats Collection and The Void Collection, followed by the the Hallowed Blight Collection on October 24th. We’re also bringing back all previous Halloween Collections for a limited time, so don’t miss out!

Stay tuned for upcoming blogposts detailing all the new Collections when they drop! Please note that the Tricks And Treats Collection and Void Collection will be available for a limited time until November 6th.

Twitch Drops
At long last, Twitch Drops are coming! We’ll be giving away some great stuff, and all you have to do is register your account and watch participating Dead by Daylight streams on Twitch. Stay tuned for more details on how to connect your account and earn your rewards, but in the meantime – here's what you can get between Oct 13th, and November 6th.

Hatch Micro Playset Charm: Watch 1 hour of a participating live channel
Elodie Rakoto – Eyed Ribcage Shirt: Watch 2 hours of a participating live channel
The Hag – Sugar Claw: Watch 3 hours of a participating live channel

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Excited to lose all my games because I get distracted by shiny spooky things

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Wow, no discount on iri chars, less of a discount on old characters than before too, plus gently caress you if you got paid currency before the event to prepare. Neat event but the greed is starting to be noticeable

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Man it is still a miserable experience to play killer in this game huh

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
They put out a message about the iri shards being included in the sale. Shard prices will also be discounted soon after they make a quick update.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/Fiireside_/status/1714682879110721744?t=lqJA3cH0nXCVt9soMjOMdg&s=19

Out of the way dorks I'm gonna clip myself out of the fog

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
That poo poo's obviously broken. Better nerf Pig.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Pig hasn't been nerfed in ages, and they actually buffed her a while back! "Nerf the Pig" is dead, long live "Nerf the Hillbilly!"

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Lonjon posted:

They put out a message about the iri shards being included in the sale. Shard prices will also be discounted soon after they make a quick update.

Yay!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I count changing Hangman's Trick to a scourge hook as a nerf :colbert:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'd also say gutting Thrill of the Hunt was a nerf since that got rid of Totem Death Pig

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
friend spent currency before the sale was fixed, big oof

i waited and was able to snag knight and artist with my iri bank, so, i'm happy with that

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Kwolok posted:

Eh, in my experience, it's just bully squad and my friend in custom that make the game more or less unbereable. At least I can avoid two problem using one stone. Then again, I might be just new.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Kwolok posted:

Counterpoint, my first match today as survivor was against an Onryo who slugged me for the full 4 minute bleedout trying to get a 4K. Then my second match was against a Spirit who never hooked anyone and got a 4K through bleeding.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 19, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rydiafan posted:

Counterpoint, my first match today as survivor was against an Onryo who slugged me for the full 4 minute bleedout trying to get a 4K. Then my second match was against a Spirit who never hooked anyone and got a 4K through bleeding.

I watched a few streams last night where the killer slugged ASAP. I'm wondering if they're doing it so they can just wander around and grab the void energy all over the map in their own time.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I don't usually slug but I did recently in a Pig game where they somehow always had at least two people ready to flashlight save every single time regardless of whether I was looking at a wall or other preventive measures. They also teabagged the hell out of me. Slugged all four and let them bleed out. No regrets on that one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

I don't usually slug but I did recently in a Pig game where they somehow always had at least two people ready to flashlight save every single time regardless of whether I was looking at a wall or other preventive measures. They also teabagged the hell out of me. Slugged all four and let them bleed out. No regrets on that one.

That's acceptable. I slugged a Claudette that used a Crotus offering and kept running up to the main building generator room, of course using Boil Over/Flip Flop. She was the final survivor, I found the hatch and closed it. Found her, downed her and even though there was a hook nearby I let her bleed out.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

That's acceptable. I slugged a Claudette that used a Crotus offering and kept running up to the main building generator room, of course using Boil Over/Flip Flop. She was the final survivor, I found the hatch and closed it. Found her, downed her and even though there was a hook nearby I let her bleed out.

Boil Over abusers really get on my nerves. Had two of them in one game where they sent me to Eyrie and of course went and ran up main every chance they could get. Hoping that perk gets a rework.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Everytime I pick someone up and see the funny meme horse icon I get irrationally annoyed, even if they aren't doing anything toxic. I don't slug em though unless they're being obnoxious.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Everytime I pick someone up and see the funny meme horse icon I get irrationally annoyed, even if they aren't doing anything toxic. I don't slug em though unless they're being obnoxious.

Extremely same. There's enough people running FTP/Buckle Up nonsense for slugging to be a losing proposition anyway. If someone repeatedly plants themselves in a spot that is impossible to hook them from they can stay on the ground though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I got two codes for this so if anyone wants one - bc87b42e-5272-4861-b759-268b238e933b

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yoink!

Thanks, friend.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't care about the new charm since I only wear pride flags and / or the Puppers charm, so here's one for someone: f5db4d28-c0f7-4a15-8b66-c2d5f87ccd95

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't care about the new charm since I only wear pride flags and / or the Puppers charm, so here's one for someone: f5db4d28-c0f7-4a15-8b66-c2d5f87ccd95

Look at you being wholesome, meanwhile I'm over here with my 3 jars of mysterious yellow liquid hanging from my hooks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Points for this event are amazing, I did awful this match (only one kill because Steve thought the ideal way to run from a Blight is straight ahead, never looking back) and still got 89k points. Insanity.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am concerned that people will stop playing the game to just farm BP, as it’s more fun to use the Void to escape the killer or as a shortcut, but so far that’s been the opposite as people just ignore the Void and I end up with like 3-5 times the score of everyone else.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Are the unlock points broken for anyone else? I mean the event unlocks where it says "unlock x cosmetics from the event to get this" and shows a point value next to it. I still have 0 points despite unlocking enough cosmetics to earn the first reward.

The Knight pumpkin head is the last reward so hopefully it gets fixed :ohdear:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

I am concerned that people will stop playing the game to just farm BP, as it’s more fun to use the Void to escape the killer or as a shortcut, but so far that’s been the opposite as people just ignore the Void and I end up with like 3-5 times the score of everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zPJ-nSmB_w

This happened to me in the Void and I was SO GODDAM CONFUSED

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Eh, in my experience, it's just bully squad and my friend in custom that make the game more or less unbereable. At least I can avoid two problem using one stone. Then again, I might be just new.

The problem is, as a victim with the new event, you can set the pace and have fun in the void. As the killer if you waste time interacting with the void, you just lose. The event sucks for killers.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
TCM appears to be frantically dumping palette swap skins as DLC. Possibly trying to fund the redesign work it may need..

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Had a Nemesis tunnel the absolute poo poo out of the first person he found and then did the same for the rest of us. We got one gen done.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

hyphz posted:

TCM appears to be frantically dumping palette swap skins as DLC. Possibly trying to fund the redesign work it may need..

I personally like the game, and I don't know wtf you're talking about with "redesign work" but this is ridiculous.

5 bux per character for 7 essential palette swap outfits? 5 bux for a set of family skins that are just the same outfits but bloodied? That's lazy as gently caress.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Think that's enough for today heh.

Things I discovered today -

- Killers are not in it to have fun, all but one were sweaty and tunneling. Had a Ghostface who was kind enough to let us click voids before downing us.

- If you're down a survivor and they crawl to a Void Rift opening, you literally cannot pick them up. Space sends you to the Void. Had a Kate that abused the gently caress out of that.

- When I want to be nice as a killer I get bully squads. When I decide "gently caress it, I'm not getting bullied this match" I get players with 20 hours and make them hate me. I felt particularly guilty about this match end.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Comfortador posted:

I personally like the game, and I don't know wtf you're talking about with "redesign work" but this is ridiculous.

5 bux per character for 7 essential palette swap outfits? 5 bux for a set of family skins that are just the same outfits but bloodied? That's lazy as gently caress.

I like the game too but it's so horribly unbalanced in favor of the victims it makes dbd look like a master class in balance.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Also, the killers automatically get bloodied in normal play. So you’re just paying to start in that state instead of having to hit someone first.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

I like the game too but it's so horribly unbalanced in favor of the victims it makes dbd look like a master class in balance.

I'll have to defer to you on that one since you're way higher than me level wise. I get some like that, and some that go the other way, as long as your other family coordinate. I guess I'm just a masochist, playing solo queue in DBD, and Family. :gonk:

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

- If you're down a survivor and they crawl to a Void Rift opening, you literally cannot pick them up. Space sends you to the Void. Had a Kate that abused the gently caress out of that.

You can actually pick them up but it's suuuuuper finicky about positioning and there's a very narrow space you have to be in for it to work. Make absolutely sure it says pickup before pressing the button. I managed it on a survivor trying to abuse it.