Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fuctifino posted:

I don't know why you are posting that person as gospel? He comes across as a loving idiot in the videos of his I've watched. I've never understood his attraction

All evidence points that it was an IDF missile/bomb.

He's making a far more convincing case than "no, to the contrary".

Just because Israel WOULD do it, and have done similar and worse in thr past, doesn't mean they DID do it in thos specific case. And the fact that they faked evidence to make everyone hate Hamas more doesn't mean it wasn't actually Hamas.

What would Israel gain from lobbing a bottle rocket into a hospital car park and pushing a few cars around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dabir posted:

That's not the argument I'm making, so I don't know why you are putting those words in my mouth. Listen, I'm not going to do a breakdown of all the evidence, but might I suggest you take your argument and points to the correct thread to discuss this in detail and try posting that video you posted as some kind of quality source of info

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

Just because Israel WOULD do it, and have done similar and worse in thr past, doesn't mean they DID do it in thos specific case. And the fact that they faked evidence to make everyone hate Hamas more doesn't mean it wasn't actually Hamas.

What would Israel gain from lobbing a bottle rocket into a hospital car park and pushing a few cars around?

It was an explosive airburst that knocked down false ceilings inside the adjacent hospital and turned five hundred people into mincemeat, according to the eyewitness testimony of a celebrated MSF surgeon.

But yes, I'm sure your beardy YouTube guy has all the answers.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm just surprised that you of all people would be struggling with the idea that you can manufacture evidence for something that is nevertheless true. Or do you not believe that Keir Starmer holds everyone in Manchester in absolute contempt after all?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Darth Walrus posted:

But yes, I'm sure your beardy YouTube guy has all the answers.

A load of facebook friends started posting this guy, and they went down a weird hand-wavy centrist road... I tried watching three or four videos of his after friends said "No, you must really listen to this person"....

... but he's no different than any other sell-out grifting oval office who's found enough people to grift to. You cant trust grifters. They aren't a good source of truth

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dabir posted:

I'm just surprised that you of all people would be struggling with the idea that you can manufacture evidence for something that is nevertheless true. Or do you not believe that Keir Starmer holds everyone in Manchester in absolute contempt after all?

What I think about what keir starmer thinks and does is based primarily on his track record of what he says and has done, and dubious evidence presented either way does not significantly change my opinion of the man or what I think he has done or will do in the future.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

What I think about what keir starmer thinks and does is based primarily on his track record of what he says and has done, and dubious evidence presented either way does not significantly change my opinion of the man.

There we go then. Evidence being disproven doesn't prove the opposite of what the evidence was showing. I agree.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Getting the thread back on track:

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1715034967535755607

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dabir posted:

Israel as a nation state? Nothing. The current Israeli government? Dead Palestinians. Why would they tell everyone to move from north Gaza to south Gaza in order & then continue to drop bombs in southern Gaza? What about the government of Netanyahu & the utter psychopaths & fascists in his government makes it hard to believe that cruelty & collective punishment is the point?

I'm glad you are convinced by Youtube weirdo but I'll continue to keep an eye on Al Jazeera's reporting, which remains head & shoulders above anything else available in the English language.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dabir posted:

There we go then. Evidence being disproven doesn't prove the opposite of what the evidence was showing. I agree.

My point is that I think people are saying Israel probably bombed the hospital because Israel is the kind of country with the kind of army that likes bombing hospitals more than the average country and army likes to do that (which is already a lot)

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
I think if you declare civilian casualties meaningless, threaten to blow up a hospital, then take responsibility for blowing it up, I'm not going to believe you when you say you didn't do it when you see lots of people are horrified by it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fuctifino posted:

A load of facebook friends started posting this guy, and they went down a weird hand-wavy centrist road... I tried watching three or four videos of his after friends said "No, you must really listen to this person"....

... but he's no different than any other sell-out grifting oval office who's found enough people to grift to. You cant trust grifters. They aren't a good source of truth

You have literally been gleefully posting about your adventures in blatantly making poo poo up so why should I trust anything you say? Because you do it for free?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dabir posted:

You have literally been gleefully posting about your adventures in blatantly making poo poo up so why should I trust anything you say? Because you do it for free?

I haven't built up a cult following, and nor would I want one. I don't make my living either from shitposting.

I'm sorry you've fallen down this idiot's rabbit hole. You aren't alone.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I *really* wish you all would take it to the I/P thread, where I go if I want to read about this poo poo. and I am actively avoiding it at the moment.

As some of you know, I'm from Israel and I'm already having literal nightmares about this, so please just keep it contained to that thread, thanks.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

You going to reply to me about that charming little attempt to minimise mass murder with that 'bottle rocket' line?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Agitate4Change/status/1715035877624222098

e: Sending hugs Miftan. Unless stuff is specifically UK centric, IP related stuff should be contained in the correct thread.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 19, 2023

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Miftan posted:

I *really* wish you all would take it to the I/P thread, where I go if I want to read about this poo poo. and I am actively avoiding it at the moment.

As some of you know, I'm from Israel and I'm already having literal nightmares about this, so please just keep it contained to that thread, thanks.

I know it means nothing from me but I'm deeply sorry for this profoundly hosed up situation

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Miftan posted:

><Sending Virtual Hug>< :comfyoot:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If it's causing you distress I will certainly knock it on the head.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

You going to reply to me about that charming little attempt to minimise mass murder with that 'bottle rocket' line?

I was insufficiently up to speed on the facts and I'm sorry about that. Israel would have done far worse.

fuctifino posted:

I haven't built up a cult following, and nor would I want one. I don't make my living either from shitposting.

I'm sorry you've fallen down this idiot's rabbit hole. You aren't alone.

You've not said a single thing he's wrong about. Do your old friends in the UKMT a favour and let us know when you make the jump from bullshit artist to bullshit merchant. You won't be the first.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I mean unless we're specifically discussing the role of the UK in the ongoing conflict, I really don't see any reason to be arguing it in depth here anyway.

There's a thread for it Dabir, go own people with your facts and logic there.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

If it's causing you distress I will certainly knock it on the head.

If it's people talking about the UK's role in it, that's fine. I don't mean to ban it from the thread outright, but stuff like the last page or two arguing about the rockets isn't UK related and I like to have this thread to come to if I don't want to look at the I/P thread or my social media, so that would be appreciated.

e and thank you for the well wishes, it does mean a lot when people care and aren't just stupid racist at me for a solid 5 minutes about the whole thing.

Miftan fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 19, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Then I will ask in an IK capacity if we could please move it to PMs or the I/P thread in order to try and keep the thread only depressing in the normal way rather than this particular way.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

There's only two places for this kind of discussion and if it's not the I/P thread this certainly doesn't look like a Lidl car park.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
THE IK MAKES HIS FIRST EDICT

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PMs are sort of like the car park of the internet. In that it costs you a tenner to get in and you use them for things that should be hidden from god.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Move some lines around on the sign, the Lidl car park *is* an I/P thread

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
THE FIRST ACT OF THE MAD KING OWL FANCIER, FIRST OF THEIR NAME

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Come to the chat thread, the metaphorical equivalent of the middle aisle.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Owly's gonna go mad with power and eventually morph into a several thousand year old lonely space worm.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Finally I will have time to build the perfect minecraft world.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Miftan posted:

it affects people here too and there are protests everywhere because of it

our government is planning policy to ban pro-Palestinian protests and make it illegal to boycott Israel

this is stuff that we all need to discuss here i'm afraid

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
late to internet ad chat but because it looked like some of you were using youtube to listen to music i would like to let you know that ublock origin is enough to block ads on spotify web when using a free account

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
also the moderation of I/P thread is nuts so gently caress posting there

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the cspam one is somehow legitimately better

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and in my particular part of the world you have I/P support built into our centuries old sectarian divide - i've seen some crazy poo poo in the last fortnight or so but i'll at least spare you that

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

this is the first time i have actually heard that baby shark song everyone was mad about having stuck in their head years back. i see why they were mad about it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

For clarity the UK related stuff is obviously open for discussion as yeah it's clearly UK politics.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
You will protests the governments you are told allowed to protest, no more. We control the short-arse, we control the mince-boiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1714985136146493733