Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I prefer a hard sear on mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Shish kebab is preferably served off the skewers, so I consider serving them on the skewer to be Weird Plate Stuff. I'm immediately grabbing a fork and shoving it all into a pile/pilaf/pita.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It's fun to eat meat on a stick

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

root beer posted:

For real, I’m sick to death of hearing it. I did a vegan diet for a few years and I’m trying to limit my meat consumption, but believe it or not, I and myriads like me still like it. Christ. Do y’all eat meat only because it comes from an animal?

Why yes, bacon is my personality m'lord.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

LifeSunDeath posted:

they are putting wooden dowels in bread to simulate bones...you people are defending this practice.

And you’re basing your opinion off secondhand word from someone who needs their lunch to get them high lmao

For the record, the best bone for vegan bone-in wings is a piece of sugar cane, but a skewer works fine in a pinch

HookedOnChthonics has a new favorite as of 16:16 on Oct 18, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

It's fun to eat meat on a stick

it is, op

also chunks of halloumi, bits of onion

Vilas Kraut
Jul 15, 2000
one time i had a hot dog and cornmeal batter based chicken wing with a wooden bone

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

zedprime posted:

No I've never considered that. Please tell us more, and as loudly and often as you can.

I was born and raised in a vegetarian family so for the first 20 years of my life I was veggie, although my mum said I could eat meat at friends houses or restaurants or whatever, she just wasn't going to cook it at home. I never proselytised, but you can sure as gently caress bet that if it came up there would be one or two people who ate meat who would act like I was personally insulting them with my own dietary choices and would do the whole "I'll eat two steaks tonight/how can you get strong/if a meal doesn't have meat I don't feel full" shtick, every time.

Obviously I've met plenty of people since (usually recently converted vegans) who bring up their diet at the first opportunity, and of course they're annoying, but it definitely goes both ways.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Why eat food off one stick when you can eat it off 4 sticks?

Why stop at 4?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
food is too cheap in modern times to be a serious expression of serious power, but the remnants of that sort of thing remain amongst peeps who are weird with power

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Theophany posted:

Why yes, bacon is my personality m'lord.

:hmmyes:

At least that’s finally kinda begun to die down

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I'm a 4 tine fork kinda guy. 3 is definitely suboptimal but 6 tines is just wild.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It's called fourk for a reason

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Butterfly Valley posted:

I'm a 4 tine fork kinda guy. 3 is definitely suboptimal but 6 tines is just wild.

Small fork/spoon and a pair of chopsticks are my go-to cutlery for any meal. 4-tine forks and their attendant bigger spoons are for weirdos.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Brawnfire posted:

It's called fourk for a reason

It's this. See also kn1ves and spOons

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Fondu forks are great for snacking from jars

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's this. See also kn1ves and spOons

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

zedprime posted:

Why eat food off one stick when you can eat it off 4 sticks?

Why stop at 4?

Start marketing forks like they did with shaving razors.
More tines= better penetration!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Friendship ended with Man Fork. Now Trongs is my best friend.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm having a hard time arguing against that

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

zedprime posted:

now we are talking

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
those things are pissing me off. they can't possibly handle well enough!!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

There's a lot of really good fake meat stuff in East Asia, it's weird how much people in the US are trying to re-invent the wheel instead of just copying it. Tofu came over but tofu is its own food, it's not intended as fake meat.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

zedprime posted:

oh poo poo they did it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zedprime posted:

From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Everything evolves to be a crab eventually

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Brawnfire posted:

Everything evolves to be a crab eventually

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The vegan kebab they do in my city is honestly better than the meat one.

The only issue is that you don’t feel as shamefully full as you do after eating a kebab, and think “yes I can absolutely eat another one” when no you absolutely cannot. I need that shame.

E: speaking of shame, had a snack today while prepping dinner

teen witch has a new favorite as of 21:07 on Oct 18, 2023

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

teen witch posted:

The vegan kebab they do in my city is honestly better than the meat one.

The only issue is that you don’t feel as shamefully full as you do after eating a kebab, and think “yes I can absolutely eat another one” when no you absolutely cannot. I need that shame.

yeah there's a doner place by me that does vegan kebab and also vegan currywurst. they don't taste like kebab or currywurst but like something that fits perfectly in a doner kebab and something that fits perfectly with curry sauce and fries, respectively

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

teen witch posted:

code:
[timg]https://files.catbox.moe/saat0k.heic[/timg]
Okay what in the name of kebabpizza is a .heic

I can't see it in Firefox and if I go to the link it just wants to download the file.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

KennyMan666 posted:

Okay what in the name of kebabpizza is a .heic

I can't see it in Firefox and if I go to the link it just wants to download the file.

HEIC is a new image compression format based on the H.265 (x265) video codec. Despite being part of the ISO MPEG standard, due to expensive and complicated licensing around patents covering it pretty much only Apple supports it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Used to live near a burger joint that did two veggie burgers. One was the dreaded fake burg for when you just crave burg. The other was a chickpea burger that came by default with like tzatziki, feta, grilled red peppers, some other stuff I forgot. It was basically a giant falafel sandwich but it was probably what the olympians ate when they said ambrosia.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
my college had a veggie burg made of carrots and quinoa and it fell a part a lot but it was super tasty. king of wish more places had veg burgs or seitan

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

impossible meat owns and I can throw impossible burgs on the skillet in my kitchen without getting everything covered in a thin layer of grease

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://v.redd.it/un2isvj415vb1/DASH_720.mp4

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Why not use way less water in the Pringles and skip draining? You're losing so much flavor.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

This isn't quite the fastest I've clicked out of a video here but it's close

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that must be prison food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

No way I'm watching 3:58 of whatever the gently caress this bullshit is.