Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Sancho Banana posted:

Not once have I ever met anyone who genuinely likes genocide Joe. The closest I've seen is people who, during the election, were saying "he's at least better than Trump and should be voted for as a form of harm reduction."

So this was something I noticed even at the time, but during the 2020 primary season, online support for Joe Biden was like totally devoid of enthusiasm. Like he had his supporters but they were all like "eh he's the most electable". Even Buttigieg, Harris, etc had way more enthusiastic support online.

Not long after Biden won the nomination that all changed. Suddenly people were making memes about how cool Biden is or whatever. Suddenly there was enthusiasm online for him, and a lot of it.

I think some of that is just bot activity, but the bigger part is that a large chunk of the Democratic voting base talked themselves into being hard-core Biden supporters. I say all this because it's always felt very forced and inorganic, and that's because it is. Real life human beings convinced themselves that Biden was the most epic guy ever. And since they've been doing it for years now it's on autopilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

The Dry Bones guy is having a huge meltdown right now. Can't believe he would just go full mask off like this

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Michael Schur loves making shows about how bad things are actually okay.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Yeah, sending in operators to save the hostages results in the operators and/or the hostages dying like 99% of the time. The only reason anyone believes it works is because movies have turned our brained to mush.

Thinking about the time Russia tried using sleep gas and accidentally killed hostages

titty_baby_ has issued a correction as of 17:27 on Oct 19, 2023

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Indistinguishable from parody

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah, sending in operators to save the hostages results in the operators and/or the hostages dying like 99% of the time. The only reason anyone believes it works is because movies have turned our brained to mush.

there's a Starfield quest where you have to free some hostages and even though it says the bad guys are threatening to kill them, you can go in guns blazing and they just ignore the hostages entirely to shoot you instead

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

john cusack's best movie is high fidelity by the way

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Uncle Wemus posted:

Indistinguishable from parody

I resent this

The parody would have better art

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

my bony fealty posted:

there's a Starfield quest where you have to free some hostages and even though it says the bad guys are threatening to kill them, you can go in guns blazing and they just ignore the hostages entirely to shoot you instead

Love Bethesda

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Koishi Komeiji posted:

The Dry Bones guy is having a huge meltdown right now. Can't believe he would just go full mask off like this

i mean

https://twitter.com/drybonescartoon/status/1714310299439018060

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I'm right dont @ me youre wrong

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

titty_baby_ posted:

Thinking about the time Russia tried using sleep gas and accidentally killed all the hostages

Or after that when they tried to save their reputation by like using a loving tank on a school full of hostages

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Ive played rainbow 6 siege. Tie me to a missile and fire me at khan younis, i am ready

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Getting the same vibes as when penny arcade threatened Jack Thompsons life

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Buddykins posted:

john cusack's best movie is high fidelity by the way

its actually 1408 with the scary room

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Those boars look so worried :ohdear:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

starting to think this guy doesn't really know that much about islam

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Remember the dry bones about the lion of Damascus

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lmfao, i forgot Dry Bones was a complete psychopath

i should start reading politoons thread again, maybe the only decent thing D&D has ever done

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Koishi Komeiji posted:

wait this isn’t parody? really missed their calling.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Oh he's saying the rotting corpses are good?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SMH people not knowing an lf classic

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

wait this isn’t parody? really missed their calling.

That was a parody (the first three or four panels are real but the rest isn’t). Somewhere out there you can find a post where dry bones guy reacts to it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

sending my strength to yaakov that he may be around drawing cartoons on the final day of palestinian victory when the state of israel is dissolved 🙌

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
e: wrong thread

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

smarxist posted:

lmfao, i forgot Dry Bones was a complete psychopath

i should start reading politoons thread again, maybe the only decent thing D&D has ever done

If you want to hear dnd superstars with itchy report fingers angrily ranting about who is and is not a propagandist, sure.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
how are goons seeing that comic and thinking it's real, jesus lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Spaced God posted:

Or after that when they tried to save their reputation by like using a loving tank on a school full of hostages

The Beslan school siege was also a product of atrocity propaganda from the West making it more about Putin's mismanagement of it and the alleged media censorship than reckoning with the Islamist fallout of the War on Terror

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

yea the art is too good to be real

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol watch modi lose the next election now

its been looking bad for him for a while. He is actively kneecapping the BJP in states up for elections because they aren't loyal to him.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sherbert Hoover posted:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Goons are just as credulous as everyone else, they just have a different filter for the credulity

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Axel Springer publishes the German newspapers Bild and Die Welt, and the Polish tabloid Fakt, among numerous other European titles. In the U.S. the company holds a majority stake in the news site Insider and purchased Politico in 2021.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Adenoid Dan posted:

If you want to hear dnd superstars with itchy report fingers angrily ranting about who is and is not a propagandist, sure.

i just want to make fun of branco's bad art and ramirez hashing :(

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Goons are just as credulous as everyone else, they just have a different filter for the credulity

source?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

smarxist posted:

i just want to make fun of branco's bad art and ramirez hashing :(

Good news. There’s cspam politoons thread bro

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3888309&perpage=40&pagenumber=474#pti28

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sherbert Hoover posted:

it is real I’m lookin right at it

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

Axel Springer publishes the German newspapers Bild and Die Welt, and the Polish tabloid Fakt, among numerous other European titles. In the U.S. the company holds a majority stake in the news site Insider and purchased Politico in 2021.

OK but Glen Greenwald so I never have to read this or consider its information in anyway so,

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

dti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

:agreed: