Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I get the impression if he saw someone stealing or smoking crack or soliciting prostitution or any number of other actual crimes he'd leave you alone so he's not a narc in the usual sense.

Convinced the only people his content upsets are the type of assholes who leave their carts out. Don't be a lazy bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

So I suppose even if you do return your cart you still have a Youtube Personality pointing a camera at you goading you to do something entertaining until you've left the car park?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

great big cardboard tube posted:

I get the impression if he saw someone stealing or smoking crack or soliciting prostitution or any number of other actual crimes he'd leave you alone so he's not a narc in the usual sense.

Yes, which makes him a huge bitch who only took on this infinitesimally minor concern because it's an easy way to generate content for his "job", the least productive thing in existence. Deadbeat parents dodging child support are more contributive members of society than social media outrage generators, of which he is the lowest kind, the one who blows up a nothing non-issue into a sub-daytime talk show level of moral schadenfreude.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 19, 2023

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Is he actually an "outrage generator" to most people?

Because it reads to me as comedy amplified by people too up their own rear end to admit when they're being assholes about something small and usually overlooked.

He's having fun doing a bit and making money off it, he's not a serious non profit trying to change the world.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Because it reads to me as comedy amplified by people too up their own rear end to admit when they're being assholes about something small and usually overlooked.

He's having fun doing a bit and making money off it, he's not a serious non profit trying to change the world.

https://www.theringer.com/pop-culture/2023/8/10/23825135/cart-narc-shopping-cart-theory-instagram-youtube

You tell me.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Even that lovely clickbait article says he had interactions all day which were cordial until one dickhead went and made himself a video and quotes the guy himself as saying "It’s a weird subgenre of practical comedy with a good message.”

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

McSpanky posted:

Yes, which makes him a huge bitch who only took on this infinitesimally minor concern because it's an easy way to generate content for his "job", the least productive thing in existence. Deadbeat parents dodging child support are more contributive members of society than social media outrage generators, of which he is the lowest kind, the one who blows up a nothing non-issue into a sub-daytime talk show level of moral schadenfreude.

Cart abandoner found

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Even that lovely clickbait article says he had interactions all day which were cordial until one dickhead went and made himself a video and quotes the guy himself as saying "It’s a weird subgenre of practical comedy with a good message.”

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

I mean, exactly? It's a blatant puff piece and even then he admits that he only uses the quarter of cases where people go nuts and relies significantly on the audience that just tunes in to watch them, hiding behind a self-righteous justice crusader persona all the while. Like harassing people for internet content until the law of averages works out is okay because it's for the absolute softest "good cause" in the universe. He went on Dr. Phil to argue his case once, for gently caress's sake.

The point I'm trying to make is gently caress this rear end in a top hat and gently caress anyone who thinks this is good or laudable behavior.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

McSpanky posted:

I mean, exactly? It's a blatant puff piece and even then he admits that he only uses the quarter of cases where people go nuts and relies significantly on the audience that just tunes in to watch them, hiding behind a self-righteous justice crusader persona all the while. Like harassing people for internet content until the law of averages works out is okay because it's for the absolute softest "good cause" in the universe. He went on Dr. Phil to argue his case once, for gently caress's sake.

The point I'm trying to make is gently caress this rear end in a top hat and gently caress anyone who thinks this is good or laudable behavior.

Put your cart away and stop posting

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
When I worked at a grocery store I had three parts to my job: getting carts, bagging groceries, and cleaning. Cleaning and bagging groceries sucked rear end, getting carts was cool and fun. So when there was a cart that was way at the end of the parking lot I was like, gently caress yea, extra time getting carts.

Leave your carts wherever you want.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Strategic Tea posted:

So I suppose even if you do return your cart you still have a Youtube Personality pointing a camera at you goading you to do something entertaining until you've left the car park?

No he leaves them alone as soon as they return it, actually the people who are nice about it he takes the cart for them

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
In Australia, cart collectors are a separate job (and usually a contracting company) from working in the store.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Croccers posted:

In Australia, cart collectors are a separate job (and usually a contracting company) from working in the store.

also the carts are upside down so they don't roll around and hit cars anyway

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I went to Sam's Club last night and somebody ditched their cart right in the middle of the sliding doors at the exit. When the person right behind them yelled and asked what they were doing, the old lady just looked at them, waved her hands, and walked off with her single box of rice.

Complete sociopath behavior and I'm now 100% on the side of the Cart Narc after seeing that.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

A Fancy Hat posted:

I went to Sam's Club last night and somebody ditched their cart right in the middle of the sliding doors at the exit. When the person right behind them yelled and asked what they were doing, the old lady just looked at them, waved her hands, and walked off with her single box of rice.

Complete sociopath behavior

yeah going to sams club is pretty hosed up

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i recognize this guy as a pathetic little dork, deserving of mockery but. i also think leaving your cart wherever is bad. my opinions are insanely hosed

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

R.L. Stine posted:

i recognize this guy as a pathetic little dork, deserving of mockery but. i also think leaving your cart wherever is bad. my opinions are insanely hosed

hes actually loving ripped

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

R.L. Stine posted:

turn on you’re monitor

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

pencilhands posted:

hes actually loving ripped

yeah, we’ve been ripping him pretty hard, and rightly so

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Nard Cart

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Cart narc is a nice allegory to society where we need rules and a way to enforce rules but to ensure the whole system stays honest we must treat cops with hostility or at best consider them clowns.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

A Fancy Hat posted:

Complete sociopath behavior and I'm now 100% on the side of the Cart Narc after seeing that.

I'm still trying to figure out what that fat old lady's game was at Smith's the other night when she stared us down, almost pushed the cart into the passenger side door of the car, then got in her car and drove away.

it was probably because we're an interracial couple but I hate thinking that

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what that fat old lady's game was at Smith's the other night when she stared us down, almost pushed the cart into the passenger side door of the car, then got in her car and drove away.

it was probably because we're an interracial couple but I hate thinking that

thats hosed up. im sorry bro :(

no one deserves to have a racism done at them

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

super sweet best pal posted:

Yeah, there have been YouTube pranksters who've gotten beat up or arrested for harassing people and generally being public nuisances. One even got shot and it was ruled self defense.

It's happened a bunch of times, one dude did some "robbery" prank & got killed for it. Cart narc dude is right (even if he can be annoying) but I can see someone beating his rear end for it. Wonder if they could claim provocation/harassment as justification?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BOOTY-ADE posted:

It's happened a bunch of times, one dude did some "robbery" prank & got killed for it. Cart narc dude is right (even if he can be annoying) but I can see someone beating his rear end for it. Wonder if they could claim provocation/harassment as justification?

one of the guys he hosed with who threatened to shoot him went on to shoot a dude on a bus and get away with it on SYG

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

BOOTY-ADE posted:

All comes down to whether the judge is a no good lazybones or not

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I accidentally poo poo my pants downtown the other day and the Shart Narc wouldn’t stop following me around. He kept filming me and throwing stickers at my rear end for ten city blocks

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Anyone who gets upset about this poo poo is clearly projecting.

They're just lazybones telling on themselves, like the dude in this thread weirdly lashing out about people smugly posting the litmus test comparison. That dude definitely curbs carts.

It's also funny that all the people in his videos (i.e. people who don't return carts) are all the type of person who can never admit they're wrong and will double-down until they're completely humiliated.

Lt. Cock posted:

I accidentally poo poo my pants downtown the other day and the Shart Narc wouldn’t stop following me around. He kept filming me and throwing stickers at my rear end for ten city blocks
Now this guy is a total rear end in a top hat.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

People get upset at him because the returning of the cart lies in the realm of "none of your loving business.". I mean, it doesn't even fall into the littering category where you could get mad at somebody for dropping a wrapper or something that pollutes the area. If it was a big problem for the store they would put those coin deposit devices on the carts.

Some guy comes barking at you in the parking lot, unaffiliated with any kind of authority, and has the nerve to tell you what to do. If that's the kind of thing you support, maybe we should start supporting Karens who judge your attire or the company you keep. Or nosy people who get mad and yell at people waiting in cars along the street.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Tarkus posted:

People get upset at him because the returning of the cart lies in the realm of "none of your loving business.". I mean, it doesn't even fall into the littering category where you could get mad at somebody for dropping a wrapper or something that pollutes the area. If it was a big problem for the store they would put those coin deposit devices on the carts.

Some guy comes barking at you in the parking lot, unaffiliated with any kind of authority, and has the nerve to tell you what to do. If that's the kind of thing you support, maybe we should start supporting Karens who judge your attire or the company you keep. Or nosy people who get mad and yell at people waiting in cars along the street.
Well you see, people who don't return carts are legitimate verifiable assholes and all your examples are stupid bullshit

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wow I don't think I've seen a Cart Narc discussion go on this long without landing in the space where people list all of their maladies that prevent them from returning carts + grocery store employees saying their favourite part of work is wasting time outside wrangling carts.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

I would simply just take my cart back and thus would never get called a lazybones, but you can definitely tell which people ITT would melt down for not doing the simplest thing

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What if Cart Narc was a black guy?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
not going to watch the videos but does he return the cart himself if someone just tells him to gently caress off

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

R.L. Stine posted:

not going to watch the videos but does he return the cart himself if someone just tells him to gently caress off

Yes

Croccers posted:

What if Cart Narc was a black guy?
I Imagine he would have already been assaulted or arrested by now

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

when he gets shot they'll rightfully prosecute the shooter and also no one will go to the funeral

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

The Bramble posted:

when he gets shot they'll rightfully prosecute the shooter and also no one will go to the funeral

The shooter becomes the new cart narc, like Tim Allen Santa

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
This is the most Wizard Master thread that PencilHands has ever accomplished

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Grem posted:

When I worked at a grocery store I had three parts to my job: getting carts, bagging groceries, and cleaning. Cleaning and bagging groceries sucked rear end, getting carts was cool and fun. So when there was a cart that was way at the end of the parking lot I was like, gently caress yea, extra time getting carts.

Leave your carts wherever you want.

did you ever call the long train of collected carts a “cartarpillar”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The real point is to inspire us all to be like him. I saw a guy today walking around my neighborhood with a Kroger grocery cart full of junk. You bet your bottom dollar I hounded his rear end all the way across town to return the cart.