Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I just discovered this YouTube channel where a guy goes around calling out people who don’t return their shopping carts. Personally I think it’s pretty funny but some people say he’s monetizing harassment. He never really does anything other than put a magnet on your car though which as far as I know won’t damage it or anything. What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Do you leave your cart in parking spaces pencilhands

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

Do you leave your cart in parking spaces pencilhands

Nope. I usually just pile as much stuff as I can carry in my arms so I don’t need one.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

only idiots try to find the closest parking spot to the door

youre supposed to find the closest parking spot to the cart corral

and drive a lovely car so if a cart hits it you dont have to give a gently caress

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
sounds like a loser imo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

Nope. I usually just pile as much stuff as I can carry in my arms so I don’t need one.

That sounds like a bad time, especially if you're dropping everything on the floor at some point to take a giant opiate poo poo in the bathroom to punish the employees of the store for having the audacity to hold retail jobs

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

That sounds like a bad time, especially if you're dropping everything on the floor at some point to take a giant opiate poo poo in the bathroom to punish the employees of the store for having the audacity to hold retail jobs

Let’s stick to the topic at hand please.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

people who dont return the cart are pieces of poo poo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

Let’s stick to the topic at hand please.

well in that case,

code:
P E N C I L H A N D S
E                   D
N                   N
C                   A
I                   H
L                   L
H                   I
A                   C
N                   N
D                   E
S D N A H L I C N E P

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

He's providing a valuable service and entertainment and anyone who gets upset at him exposes themselves as a lazy poo poo who can't take 10-15 seconds and 20 steps to put their cart in a bin OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alsc1BS78GM

Imagine getting this angry about literally anything in your life.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

isnt that the guy who was on video being a complete rear end in a top hat to some homeless people

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Hell Yeah posted:

I hope those people are haunted by cart narc ghosts after they die

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

isnt that the guy who was on video being a complete rear end in a top hat to some homeless people

Yeah ngl that video gave me pause as well as the one where he follows some ladies to their house.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
"The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing.

To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart, no one will fine you or kill you for not returning the shopping cart, you gain nothing by returning the shopping cart. You must return the shopping cart out of the goodness of your own heart. You must return the shopping cart because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it.

The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society."

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

Preamble: I put my cart back, usually actually inside/in front of the store instead of the corral, and grab an extra or two on the way if they're in a spot.

You should put your cart back. I feel like, though, the plentiful social media posting about how you should is astroturfing so that stores don't need to pay people to do it because the customer will for free. One could argue that I'm falling for the broken window fallacy, but I have no faith in these stores putting that money anywhere useful or using it to justify lower prices etc instead of just keeping it.

This is also a solved problem and we don't need a cart narc considering places like Aldis have you put a quarter in to get a cart and automatically get it back on return, and 25¢ is apparently enough incentive for people who ditch carts to not do so?

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

ah gently caress it throw that bitch in the back of your pickup, they got more OP yeeyee :patriot:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A shopping cart would be so useful around the house I think. I'm just gonna start taking them and save the workers a lot of trouble

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

What about shart narc

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Bula Vinaka posted:

"The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing.

To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart, no one will fine you or kill you for not returning the shopping cart, you gain nothing by returning the shopping cart. You must return the shopping cart out of the goodness of your own heart. You must return the shopping cart because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it.

The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society."

God Emperor of Dune goes on some wild rants.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

RavenousScoot posted:

Preamble: I put my cart back, usually actually inside/in front of the store instead of the corral, and grab an extra or two on the way if they're in a spot.

You should put your cart back. I feel like, though, the plentiful social media posting about how you should is astroturfing so that stores don't need to pay people to do it because the customer will for free. One could argue that I'm falling for the broken window fallacy, but I have no faith in these stores putting that money anywhere useful or using it to justify lower prices etc instead of just keeping it.

This is also a solved problem and we don't need a cart narc considering places like Aldis have you put a quarter in to get a cart and automatically get it back on return, and 25¢ is apparently enough incentive for people who ditch carts to not do so?

The Aldi system would be better if I ever had a quarter. I guess I should keep one in my car

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Hell Yeah posted:

:hai:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im the dyslexic cart narc, card nard

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

im going to buy my own private parking lot, and my own shopping carts and then ill leave the carts all over the parking lot and laugh at the so-called "cart narc" as he impotently rages but cant do anything about my privately owned cart & lot situation

cant narc these carts

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Gonna leave my cart late at night in a deserted car park and wait for the narc to show up. When he does I'll flip the cart over and onto him, trapping him under the very thing he sought to protect, and watch him wither away

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Cart Narcan

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

I prefer the fart narcing cart knocker
he rams people in the back of the ankles with his cart for thinking they can get away with passing gas in public

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

bossy lady posted:

Cart Narcan
im bam magera and this is fentanyl shopping cart jousting

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I take my carts to the return but I still say gently caress this guy.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
That dude is gonna get shot one of these days

I'm pretty sure there's been a few of these 'social experiment' prank whatever clout chasing guys that have already

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

The wildest thing about those videos is how someone can see a silly dork jogging up to them in the grocery parking lot waving a red wand and going brrr brrr brrrr and rage the gently caress out over it instead of just going “lol busted” and put the cart in the thing.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

bossy lady posted:

What about shart narc

Sharting is not illegal. Society does not require a shart narc. It's completely legal to shart wherever you want, whenever you want.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lt. Cock posted:

That dude is gonna get shot one of these days

I'm pretty sure there's been a few of these 'social experiment' prank whatever clout chasing guys that have already

Yeah, there have been YouTube pranksters who've gotten beat up or arrested for harassing people and generally being public nuisances. One even got shot and it was ruled self defense.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

super sweet best pal posted:

Yeah, there have been YouTube pranksters who've gotten beat up or arrested for harassing people and generally being public nuisances. One even got shot and it was ruled self defense.

owned

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Imagine that cart dude coming up to you but with no camera. Pretty sure a lot of people would just tell him to gently caress off.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
He's no yellow peepee monster

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

syntaxfunction posted:

Imagine that cart dude coming up to you but with no camera. Pretty sure a lot of people would just tell him to gently caress off.

thats also what they do in the videos

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
Mind your loving business troll

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
When im done buying the necessary amount of frozen pizzas necessary to sustain my ghoulish frame, i shove my cart in the direction of the nearest most expensive foreign make because tlk supports da troops

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
My only issue with it is he doesn't know, and we don't know if he's actually just catching someone on the worst day of their life. Maybe they just got fired. Maybe their mom just died and they couldn't give less of a poo poo about returning the cart in that moment, even if normally they return it. Maybe that's why they blow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

R.L. Stine posted:

sounds like a loser imo

:agreed: but let's weaponize him

Haha I'm like a government