Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

hbag posted:

no that linus is very old

Lmao at 53 years of age being described is “very old”

Mountains are very old. Dinosaurs are very old. 53 is not “very old”.

lol, someday a kid just like you will describe you yourself as “very old”.

lol, I’m 55 and I used to ride a dinosaur to school.

Im very old.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

53 is old as gently caress sorry

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah im 21, 53 is old sorry gramps

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

hbag posted:

lol, I was 21 in 1989. The internet did not exist yet. Yes I am old but it’s been a hell of a ride.

When I was your age all the technology that we take for granted did not exist yet or it was huge and complicated. The Steamdeck is really really cool.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

hbag posted:

Your opinions aren't welcome until your brain finishes growing, sorry.

53 is old, though, ~7 years until you definitely shouldn't be allowed any authority.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i was born after 9/11 lol

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Sorry you missed the good times

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

Your opinions aren't welcome until your brain finishes growing, sorry.

53 is old, though, ~7 years until you definitely shouldn't be allowed any authority.

The frontal lobe doesn’t fully develop until 25. But are you seriously suggesting that everyone has only 35 years of useful brain thinking until they should retire?

You know that’s actually not a bad idea, as long as someone can afford it. I retired in 2019 and I don’t miss the politics one bit. It’s really nice actually.

Anyway I’m looking forward to playing Divinity 2 on my Deck

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

tango alpha delta posted:

The frontal lobe doesn’t fully develop until 25. But are you seriously suggesting that everyone has only 35 years of useful brain thinking until they should retire?

You know that’s actually not a bad idea, as long as someone can afford it. I retired in 2019 and I don’t miss the politics one bit. It’s really nice actually.

Anyway I’m looking forward to playing Divinity 2 on my Deck

I think that people over 60 shouldn't be allowed to hold any kind of government office.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
or hold a steam deck

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

or hold a steam deck

If they have steady hands, why wouldn't they?

Better than holding a ROG Ally, that's for sure :laugh:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hbag posted:

Lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

people over 60 shouldn't be allowed

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

people under 25 shouldn't be allowed on the forums

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i dont think thats what the post said actually

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

53 is old as gently caress sorry

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hbag posted:

i dont think thats what the post said actually

you’ll understand when you’re older

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

World of Horror has finally gotten out of Early Access, which is great, but it doesn't yet seem to have gamepad support despite there being an option in the settings for checking for gamepads

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

hbag posted:

The Gameboy Advance SP was like a Steam Deck that you could play RPGs on with one hand and it could fit in girl pockets.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is Video Games Vet still the oldest confirmed goon?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Heran Bago posted:

The Gameboy Advance SP was like a Steam Deck that you could play RPGs on with one hand and it could fit in girl pockets.

buddy i have a gameboy color

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Good.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

hbag posted:

the rog ally runs windows so lol no

windows sucks so much I wish people didn't try to fanboy it. I'm used to it, things are built for it exclusively, but it still loving sucks

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Heran Bago posted:

Lol right, nice story grandpa, girl clothes don't have pockets

jokes posted:

windows sucks so much I wish people didn't try to fanboy it. I'm used to it, things are built for it exclusively, but it still loving sucks

I have to support it and it's not nearly the problem people bitch about but that doesn't mean it's good

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Alan_Shore posted:

Ooh is this any good? No reviews on steam yet but the price is nice and Ghostbusters is the best

It's a Dead By Daylight "clone", and unfortunately like every other DBD Clone it has hemhorraged players since it's release, especially since it was EGS exclusive. It's really cool especially if you love Ghostbusters but don't get it unless you have friends that are playing, imho.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Squiggle posted:

I have to support it and it's not nearly the problem people bitch about but that doesn't mean it's good

I mean, it's not horrific but it still sucks for video games. I feel like search indexing alone is a weirdly significant processor sink.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

jokes posted:

I mean, it's not horrific but it still sucks for video games. I feel like search indexing alone is a weirdly significant processor sink.

I'm riding an enterprise Win10 license into the ground, but am definitely in the camp of "considering Linux on desktop once windows 11 forces itself upon me" thanks to my experience on the Deck. I miss 2019ish Windows 10.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
There was an episode of Star Trek TNG where they met a civilization that just killed old people at certain age. The dilemma was that the person we were introduced to was extremely smart and valuable to the society.

I don't remember what they ended up doing but the episode stayed with me.

Anyway death race is a good movie

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Vic posted:

There was an episode of Star Trek TNG where they met a civilization that just killed old people at certain age. The dilemma was that the person we were introduced to was extremely smart and valuable to the society.

I don't remember what they ended up doing but the episode stayed with me.

Anyway death race is a good movie

They didn’t even stop the sun from killing their planet, they only delayed it by a decade. He needed a few more years to perfect the thing to save everyone.

He ultimately decided to go back to his planet and be killed.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Send all the olds to carousel

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Send all the olds to carousel

lol, you have to be pretty old just to get that reference

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, you have to be pretty old just to get that reference

Is that a Something Wicked This Way Comes reference?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Annath posted:

Is that a Something Wicked This Way Comes reference?

drat, not THAT old - Logan's Run film version.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Squiggle posted:

drat, not THAT old - Logan's Run film version.

To be fair, while the book of Something Wicked This Way Comes is older than the movie of Logan's Run, the movie of it is newer.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gophermaster posted:

That were specifically addressed by the new CEO and immediately made changes to the shooting schedule to address the underlying pressure and hired an outside firm to resolve the harrassment claims. Obviously it remains to be seen if they fix everything, but they are working on it.

The new CEO is Linus's old boss lol

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:lol: imagine watching Linus and not Steve :nyd:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

World of Horror has finally gotten out of Early Access, which is great, but it doesn't yet seem to have gamepad support despite there being an option in the settings for checking for gamepads

It's a perfect game for the Steam Controller!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Had this issue before with how games detect gamepads on Steam Deck. I ended up switching over to Experimental to get it to work.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gophermaster posted:

That were specifically addressed by the new CEO and immediately made changes to the shooting schedule to address the underlying pressure and hired an outside firm to resolve the harrassment claims. Obviously it remains to be seen if they fix everything, but they are working on it.

The CEO who is Linus's BFF, and the HR Director who is his wife, are overseeing the changes.

Dont hold your breath

However! If you'd like to vehemently argue about Youtube personalities, please feel free to join us here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859604

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Sorry to interrupt you guys taking about linuses (what Buster calls dicks in Arrested Development lol) but has anybody had issues with Diablo 4 on deck this season? I play it a tiny bit on deck and there are times when opening my inventory creates a 5 second freeze. Other random things seem to trigger it also. But then it'll be completely smooth.