Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
chocolate covered kendal mint cake is a powerful stimulant drug for experienced heads and hikers only

edit

190AD Rome burns down (again) but I don't think it was those cute goths that time

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Gonna make myself an Options mint hot chocolate, brb.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Thoughts fellow goons?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Sorry guys, didn't mean to derail the thread. Only posted 'cos I thought it was notable to see the BBC (who I despise) getting the full on anti-semitic smear bucket poured over them for what seemed to me to be a very mild statement that the known evidence pointed to Israel being the hospital bombing culprit. Stopped clock right twice a day etc etc.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/davidgerard/status/1715075173517320628

All of those copies sold to podcasts for the purposes of owning him.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

keep punching joe posted:

Thoughts fellow goons?

A few years back, I got a present of one of those in Easter Egg form along with a bar. That is absolutely gently caress yes levels of gently caress yes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Miftan posted:

White chocolate is great, yes.

Truly your worst food crime

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Thoughts fellow goons?

Is this molded from the extrusions of the potato-creature on the packaging?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I don't particularly like white chocolate anymore but I do have fond memories of being too young for preschool and whenever my mum had to visit the nearby village post office I'd wait in the car and she'd come out with either a white chocolate fish or a white chocolate chip as my reward for waiting patiently

so I like the concept of white chocolate but not so much the taste

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Basic biology dinosaur colouring books conspiring to cancel graham.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

I don't particularly like white chocolate anymore but I do have fond memories of being too young for preschool and whenever my mum had to visit the nearby village post office I'd wait in the car and she'd come out with either a white chocolate fish or a white chocolate chip as my reward for waiting patiently

so I like the concept of white chocolate but not so much the taste

Food of the gods imo

Christ I could demolish a little paper bag of these right now

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'd buy basically anything in the top 1000 over anything that gobshite wrote. You'd have to pick a real stinker for me to even split second thought it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In possibly my most counterrevolutionary opinion to date I am a big fan of foam shrimps and bananas.

Also cream soda.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Microplastics posted:

Food of the gods imo

Christ I could demolish a little paper bag of these right now

Yeah those bad lads. Cikey they still make them? Given I was only 3 or something I always remember feeling put out if I got the chip because it "was smaller" even though they're both exactly the same weight.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

In possibly my most counterrevolutionary opinion to date I am a big fan of foam shrimps and bananas.

There's something about the way they're so solid on the outside and seamless transition to foamy inside has always made them feel more interesting than they tasted to me, and they tasted fine.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Miftan posted:

This is true of every fruit flavoured chocolate (yes, even that one that you're thinking of. Especially if it's mint!)

Bloody lefties are saying mint identifies as a fruit now! Biology gone woke!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I've never actually thought about it but presumably mint plants do produce a fruit of some kind? Like to propagate?

Is that where mint imperials come from?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Dinosaurs Around The World sounds great i don't see the shame in losing to that

except if you're glinner of course then everything comes with a layer of shame no matter what

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

I've never actually thought about it but presumably mint plants do produce a fruit of some kind? Like to propagate?

TicTacs are the seeds. I know that much

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Thoughts fellow goons?

Tayto is shite no matter what you do with it, Northern or Southern version matters not. :colbert:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah those bad lads. Cikey they still make them?

You can get them at the pick and mix at Wilko

Hold on I'm being handed a piece of paper...

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I could murder a nessils milky bar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJDv6Do124

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/davidgerard/status/1715075173517320628

All of those copies sold to podcasts for the purposes of owning him.

i've told the nice lady in oxfam to let me know when they get a copy

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

The fruit is a nutlet, containing one to four seeds.

Looking for an image as I write.

Ed: failed in quest for a mint nutlet picture.

White chocolate chat:
I do like white chocolate but it is very variable. Nothing beats Milky Bar white choc (I know, Nestle :guillotine: ) but some tastes like plastic, other has no taste to speak of.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 19, 2023

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Miftan posted:

Look I've said this a million times, artificial fruit flavouring and chocolate don't go together. Sorry. Chocolate dipped strawberries? Excellent, scrumptious, no notes. Strawberry flavoured chocolate, or worse, those strawberry cream things? Terrible, wouldn't feed it a terf, please stop making them.

This is true of every fruit flavoured chocolate (yes, even that one that you're thinking of. Especially if it's mint!)

Also a hot dog is a sandwich and the best way to eat a pizza is to calzone it.

It's october, so not only can I go buy a chocolate orange right now, I can get one that is "exploding!" The decadence.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

On the more general subject of treats I have to say I really have been enjoying sainsburys own brand lemonade, it's got real lemons in it, genuinely the nicest lemonade I think I've ever had.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I made a white chocolate cake earlier this year and was surprised to learn that white chocolate is just cocoa butter and milk. I don't know what I thought it was tbh, possibly that it was not even chocolate at all but some sort of sweet synthetic biomass grown in Nestlé's Umbrella Corporation style underground laboratories.

e:
The cake was really good and I believe even Miftan friendly since it uses plant milk.

https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/white-chocolate-vegan-sponge-strawberries/

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 19, 2023

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Miftan posted:

White chocolate is great, yes.

White chocolate Terrys may be the foulest thing I've ever tasted though. Like licking something soaked in citrus washing up liquid.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

IllusionistTrixie posted:

It's october, so not only can I go buy a chocolate orange right now, I can get one that is "exploding!" The decadence.

I am fully in support of exploding all chocolate oranges.

Runcible Cat posted:

White chocolate Terrys may be the foulest thing I've ever tasted though. Like licking something soaked in citrus washing up liquid.

Well yes, it's still a chocolate orange and thus garbage.

I appreciate how willing the thread is to be derailed by foodchat, it's been a nice distraction tonight.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I've got into these podcasts everyone has been banging on about. I still think theyre kind of a ballache but whatever.

I've been catching up on this gary linekar history one.

Today I googled the people on it and that was a mistake cos its very disappointing.

I thought it was the spiderman actor who secretly loved history but no its just some rich bellend old man historian that signed a letter to say corbyn was an antisemite.

And the other lad that I though was a nice of grandad is actually like my age, fat and a plagiarist. Which does actually allow me to emphasise with him a bit more.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

White chocolate chat:
I do like white chocolate but it is very variable. Nothing beats Milky Bar white choc (I know, Nestle :guillotine: ) but some tastes like plastic, other has no taste to speak of.

Milky Bar really is the nicest white chocolate, I would devour a bag of buttons in one sitting if I had less self control.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

get a load of this guy with his 'self control'

serving size is however much is in the packet imo

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've got into these podcasts everyone has been banging on about. I still think theyre kind of a ballache but whatever.

I've been catching up on this gary linekar history one.

Today I googled the people on it and that was a mistake cos its very disappointing.

I thought it was the spiderman actor who secretly loved history but no its just some rich bellend old man historian that signed a letter to say corbyn was an antisemite.

And the other lad that I though was a nice of grandad is actually like my age, fat and a plagiarist. Which does actually allow me to emphasise with him a bit more.

Oh yeah those two are massive Tories and don't really hide it either.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

kecske posted:

get a load of this guy with his 'self control'

serving size is however much is in the packet imo

Agreed. The quantum of any nice food (choccies, biccies etc) is the packet.

My sister & her husband have an entire "naughty drawer" in their house full of these type of goodies with just the odd biscuit or square of choc taken. I can clear the lot in an hour's visit.
Mum is also one of those inhuman creatures who believes the quantum of the biscuit is 2 with morning coffee and 2 with afternoon tea.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My sister & her husband have an entire "naughty drawer" in their house full of these type of goodies with just the odd biscuit or square of choc taken. I can clear the lot in an hour's visit.

I am you but crisps. They also have mostly peanuts. Scrubs. I will go through the peanuts, grrrr.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/CeilNoyle/status/1715127432481538444

https://twitter.com/Taj_Ali1/status/1715118343282126973

:allears:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 19, 2023

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

On the more general subject of treats I have to say I really have been enjoying sainsburys own brand lemonade, it's got real lemons in it, genuinely the nicest lemonade I think I've ever had.

Fizzy or still?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Nah, Keith is running over GOURANGA! business.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

feedmegin posted:

Fizzy or still?

Fizzy, this one:

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/sainsburys-classic-lemonade-1l-sugar-levy-applied-

Pricey but really nice.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Just waiting for a Labour MP to finally come out and say "look, we just don't care about muslims, alright!"