Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Lt. Cock posted:

This is the most Wizard Master thread that PencilHands has ever accomplished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The grocery I shop at has carts with quarter slots and the locking wheels. I still see them dumped across the highway.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Tarkus posted:

People get upset at him because the returning of the cart lies in the realm of "none of your loving business.".

Yeah, it's one of the many, many things you just quietly judge someone on in the privacy of your own head and then move on with your day and forget about. I don't care of the offender has left a trail of un-corralled carts across the country their whole lives, the minute you say something to them about it you're the bigger rear end in a top hat.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
It's not like we don't understand why the assholes he accosts get angry about it.

What's extraordinarily stupid is why people who aren't personally involved get angry about it.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Because we empathize with them. People going out of their way to shame somebody else for something that is none of their business loving suck more than the people who leave carts laying around.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

AcidCat posted:

Yeah, it's one of the many, many things you just quietly judge someone on in the privacy of your own head and then move on with your day and forget about. I don't care of the offender has left a trail of un-corralled carts across the country their whole lives, the minute you say something to them about it you're the bigger rear end in a top hat.
What other thoughts do you keep bottled up?

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Oh no! The Narc, man!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Tarkus posted:

Because we empathize with them. People going out of their way to shame somebody else for something that is none of their business loving suck more than the people who leave carts laying around.
Would it make you feel better if the cart narc was a car insurance executive because then it's his business because how many quarter panels he has to paint eats into his yearly bonus?

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

temple posted:

What other thoughts do you keep bottled up?

Ones best kept in the bottle.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tarkus posted:

Such a hierarchical way to see it. Both parties are annoying so you don't need to support either, not everything is a team game.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I leave my cart intentionally and hear the scream and cries of a furious Cart Narc as he blows his little whistle and flaps his arms. I let him charge at me and sidestep at the last moment, grabbing the nape of his neck and pulling as he barrels past.

There is a sickening ripping noise as his skin comes off in one smooth motion leaving his open muscle exposed to the elements as he stumbles incognisantly into my abandoned cart.

Playfully I skip over to the insensate narc and wave his pelt around like a flag. From the bushes emerge legions of my bohabs as I rapidly fashion his skin into shopping bags. It's a shopping spree in the cutlery, salt, lemon and toiletries sections, and the narc is gonna be the cart he loves so much!

By the end of all our fun the building has been reduced to rubble and all our shopping (as well as the surviving shoppers) have been loaded into the Gor-Gor. I leave our GWAR'd Narc parked tantalisingly close to the trolley bay and nudge him slightly to watch him slowly roll away from his rightful home

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Stimpire copy-paste goes in the star citizen threads

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
EVERY DAY I OPEN PALM SLAP MY CART INTO THE CORRAL

Nah... The Cart Narc thing feels like a skit from MadTV or early 2000's SNL. Kinda funny at first, then it drags on for way too long.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Songbearer posted:

I leave my cart intentionally and hear the scream and cries of a furious Cart Narc as he blows his little whistle and flaps his arms. I let him charge at me and sidestep at the last moment, grabbing the nape of his neck and pulling as he barrels past.

There is a sickening ripping noise as his skin comes off in one smooth motion leaving his open muscle exposed to the elements as he stumbles incognisantly into my abandoned cart.

Playfully I skip over to the insensate narc and wave his pelt around like a flag. From the bushes emerge legions of my bohabs as I rapidly fashion his skin into shopping bags. It's a shopping spree in the cutlery, salt, lemon and toiletries sections, and the narc is gonna be the cart he loves so much!

By the end of all our fun the building has been reduced to rubble and all our shopping (as well as the surviving shoppers) have been loaded into the Gor-Gor. I leave our GWAR'd Narc parked tantalisingly close to the trolley bay and nudge him slightly to watch him slowly roll away from his rightful home

The cart narc lies still, forced to view his world of hurt through now lidless eyes. Every skinless movement he makes sends lightning jolts of pain through his tortured body. He begins the slow climb back towards the parking lot, leaving a bloody footprint behind with each determined step. The cart heathens should have killed him. For it was now his turn to show the retail customer the fury of a cart narc scorned...

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

im permabanned poster cartnarcer58. i first started harassing shoppers when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "lazybones" and tried to say it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "this lazybones doesn’t want to return his cart" and "how about a sticker for this lazybones" in my head for hours,

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Get beefy, lazybones.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So, I decided to watch some of those videos to refresh my memory of it because I haven't seen it in years. Seems like there's a bunch of people who do it now like YouTube pranksters except these people go around looking for every little social micro-irritant they can. These videos fall in line with what I would call 'petty justice' and the people who perform in them are pretty sad.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Looking down on people bringing justice... This is why cops only do crimes and violations now.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The cart narc lies still, forced to view his world of hurt through now lidless eyes. Every skinless movement he makes sends lightning jolts of pain through his tortured body. He begins the slow climb back towards the parking lot, leaving a bloody footprint behind with each determined step. The cart heathens should have killed him. For it was now his turn to show the retail customer the fury of a cart narc scorned...

I sit on my rocking chair outside the Walmart and spy a bunch of juvenile delinquents taking carts and leaving them around. "Cart Narc's gonna get me!! Oooh!" one screams. I spit out my chaw onto the ground.

"Cart Narc ain't no laughing matter, son!" I call to the youth. "Y'ain't want to be talkin' 'bout matters you don't understand!"

He gives me a foul gesture and throws a bottle of Mtn. Dew at my head, missing me by a whisker. The boys laugh and run to the other end of the parking lot, carts flying in every direction like pigs out of a pen.

I hear a breathing behind me, a rasp of a throat accustomed to screaming its fury with no strength left to spare. It rides on the wind inaudible to everyone else and joins the forlorn squeaking of rusty wheels, an exhale carrying menace on the breeze.

"Lord, please, protect these boys. They're still young. They ain't deserve none of this."

A cart moves. My eyes close. A single tear rolls down and joins the sticky puddle of Mtn. Dew.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Songbearer posted:

I sit on my rocking chair outside the Walmart and spy a bunch of juvenile delinquents taking carts and leaving them around. "Cart Narc's gonna get me!! Oooh!" one screams. I spit out my chaw onto the ground.

"Cart Narc ain't no laughing matter, son!" I call to the youth. "Y'ain't want to be talkin' 'bout matters you don't understand!"

He gives me a foul gesture and throws a bottle of Mtn. Dew at my head, missing me by a whisker. The boys laugh and run to the other end of the parking lot, carts flying in every direction like pigs out of a pen.

I hear a breathing behind me, a rasp of a throat accustomed to screaming its fury with no strength left to spare. It rides on the wind inaudible to everyone else and joins the forlorn squeaking of rusty wheels, an exhale carrying menace on the breeze.

"Lord, please, protect these boys. They're still young. They ain't deserve none of this."

A cart moves. My eyes close. A single tear rolls down and joins the sticky puddle of Mtn. Dew.

5 years its been since the cart narc was robbed of his delicate outer skin. 5 years he has stalked the parking lots, now hunting consumers regardless of innocence or guilt. The rates of cart malfeasance plummeted as his legend grew, yet nothing could sate his thirst for the blood of shoppers. The number of modifications to his body increased as his mind slowly broke. The cart narc was now a mess of twisted cart metal, tubing and flesh. Whether the ruddy brown which gave color to the iron was his own blood or merely rust, no one knows. The checkout clerks whisper rumors that in moments of lucidity he cries out to his eventual victims, "Return me... please... return me..."

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Songbearer posted:

I support this sort of fan fiction.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Tarkus posted:

Empathy? For cart curbers? HA

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this guy is like, the joker, to the cart narc:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Anyway, I think thats everyone's thoughts on the Cart Narc, nice work everybody

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
he owns

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyway, I think thats everyone's thoughts on the Cart Narc, nice work everybody

love a happy ending. nice hustle everyone.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Ralph Hurley posted:

did you ever call the long train of collected carts a “cartarpillar”?

No but one time this tattle tale girl found a bag of trash on a register that hadn't been taken back yet and she held it up and yelled "who's trash?" and I yelled "you are"!

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Cart Narc is a saint and since finding him I return my shopping trolley every time.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
They call em Buggys in the US south some places, it's extremely hosed up

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

The grocery store I go to has had all the small carts stolen and I'm not sure they ever had baskets so if you go there it's big-rear end shopping cart or NOTHIN

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

They weren’t stolen they just took them away

Bigger carts mean you can fit more groceries and spend more money

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I worked at one grocery store that had calculators on the front bar. They removed them because people were using them to keep track of how much they were spending.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Jelly posted:

The grocery store I go to has had all the small carts stolen and I'm not sure they ever had baskets so if you go there it's big-rear end shopping cart or NOTHIN

everyone loves the small carts. this sounds like it could be a really big case cart narc could take on to improve their approval rating. find the person or party responsible for stealing all the small carts. would also be a good premise for the cart narc feature length film.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Jelly posted:

It's not like we don't understand why the assholes he accosts get angry about it.

You don't know though, maybe that person does return it 99% of the time but they just lost their job or a loved one and are on the verge of suicide and the last thing they want is some YouTuber putting them on blast for clout over the most innocuous thing. They also might have legit mental disorders, which is half of what r/publicfreakout videos actually are.

The people in his videos are also probably more angry and reacting over a camera being shoved in their face than the actual accusation.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
Trader Joe's spent millions of dollars inventing the shopping cart calculator so they could write 80085 on the handle. The Russians used a pencil.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I’m what they call a post narc

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

You don't know though, maybe that person does return it 99% of the time but they just lost their job or a loved one and are on the verge of suicide and the last thing they want is some YouTuber putting them on blast for clout over the most innocuous thing. They also might have legit mental disorders, which is half of what r/publicfreakout videos actually are.

The people in his videos are also probably more angry and reacting over a camera being shoved in their face than the actual accusation.

I'd like to hear more from defender of people too lazy to put away their cart after walking around with it for a while

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i punched a hole in my wall just thinking of the kind of bastard to abandon a cart. i've been watching my neighbour thru their window and i think they might be one of them too

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You will all be happy to know I was at the grocery store this afternoon and when returning my cart the cart guy was there collecting the carts.

I thanked him for his service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

satanic splash-back posted:

I'd like to hear more from defender of people too lazy to put away their cart after walking around with it for a while

First, tell me more about your complete lack of empathy and understanding of just how broken people can get.

Someone may be having the worst day of their life - let's ruin their life even further by agitating them and making it go viral.