Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Jen heir rick posted:

Got any proof? Or do you just want to debate and discuss a rumor?

Well, I don't consider a BBC interview with an Israeli spokesman to be a rumor, but I'm hoping someone else either heard it that wasn't driving or is aware of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

daslog posted:

Well, I don't consider a BBC interview with an Israeli spokesman to be a rumor, but I'm hoping someone else either heard it that wasn't driving or is aware of it.

Israeli officials lie like it's a bodily function. The last page was discussing one of them.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

In a forum that has rules regarding only reading the headline, I think we have already reach a consesus that headlines help shape narratives. Here is beloved political commentator Chris Cillizza, commenting on a American Press Institute study on the subject.

No poo poo. There's just a difference between saying that a thing idiots thought they saw in news articles was debunked and that the actual substance of news articles was debunked. The FBI also didn't find a bat child in a cave.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

HonorableTB posted:

This is concerning. After Houthi rebels fired missiles in a "northernly direction" and were intercepted/shot down by US Navy, Iran is now moving around its strategic-class ballistic missile launchers. This is unusual as those are typically only seen by the public at parades and exhibitions. No word yet if Iran is going to enter the fight or why they are showing off their ballistic missiles, but given the US Navy incident a few hours ago, it's hard to think they aren't related. It should be noted that the Houthis were NOT firing at the US ship, it was just able to intercept them and shoot them down. It wasn't just missiles either, there were Iranian drones involved (my guess would be Shaheds)

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/is...d3AsBC0Fl8lBAa2

The only response by the United States to this so far has been an extremely ominous sounding

Who is Defender_Iran? They're the source of those pics. Seems like a random Iranian telegram channel - are they credible?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Just curious after all the Iron Dome talk, why does Israel use ID instead of something more like a C-RAM?

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

daslog posted:

Well it's a rumor because Noone's posted the interview. Some guy just said he heard it. So where's. The evidence. Where's the link to the interview. It's not my job to do the research on this.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

NovemberMike posted:

No poo poo. There's just a difference between saying that a thing idiots thought they saw in news articles was debunked and that the actual substance of news articles was debunked. The FBI also didn't find a bat child in a cave.

The weekly world news disagrees and they're a newspaper for the whole world

Weekly

pro starcraft loser posted:

Just curious after all the Iron Dome talk, why does Israel use ID instead of something more like a C-RAM?

I think ID technically counts as a C-RAM system, but I know what you're saying. I think they're using missiles over a cannon because the system is designed to deal with normal peacetime rocket load and under those conditions the system favors accuracy over longevity and the guided missiles do a better job of hitting rockets than cannon fire does

The downside is that during hostile activity the unit shuts down after 60 attempts to intercept. When Hamas or PIJ is firing hundreds or thousands of rockets the system can't keep up.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

pro starcraft loser posted:

Iron Dome is C-RAM. The US also calls the land-based phalanx systems C-RAM but IIRC they're more optimized for point defense where you stick them close to a target you want to protect while Iron Dome protects much larger areas. They've started using lases for a similar effect.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Willo567 posted:

Who is Defender_Iran? They're the source of those pics. Seems like a random Iranian telegram channel - are they credible?

They're credible in the sense that they posted multiple videos from tonight (Iranian time) showing the missile launchers moving around, yes. I don't know how to post Telegram videos here though (that's probably for the best, really). The channel itself seems to be fairly popular, it's got 20,000+ followers and seems to be a news aggregator focused on military affairs. It's not exactly the NYT but for purposes of my post I consider them credible enough to bring up here on account of they posted the videos being talked about.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

HonorableTB posted:

They're credible in the sense that they posted multiple videos from tonight (Iranian time) showing the missile launchers moving around, yes. I don't know how to post Telegram videos here though (that's probably for the best, really). The channel itself seems to be fairly popular, it's got 20,000+ followers and seems to be a news aggregator focused on military affairs. It's not exactly the NYT but for purposes of my post I consider them credible enough to bring up here on account of they posted the videos being talked about.

I see. In any case, it could just be an unannounced exercise due to the tensions. Also, the person who Tweeted those pictures noticed that they don't actually have missiles on them
https://twitter.com/AmirIGM/status/1715094958657413469

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 19, 2023

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

NovemberMike posted:

Jesus Christ this isn't complicated. Give me a timestamp and a video where you see the Tamir interceptors from the Iron Dome.

I gave you the timestamp for when the rockets are shot out of the sky. Did you not read my post? Are you saying that the video does not show them being intercepted, or that they were intercepted by something other than the Iron Dome system? If the former, why, and if the latter what?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I gave you the timestamp for when the rockets are shot out of the sky. Did you not read my post? Are you saying that the video does not show them being intercepted, or that they were intercepted by something other than the Iron Dome system? If the former, why, and if the latter what?

Do you have multiple accounts posting here? I clicked on the little question mark under your name and none of your posts in the thread have a timestamp.

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Its important not to lose sight of the big picture when discussing the specifics of each individual atrocity.

Six months from now, the Gaza Strip will have been ethnically cleansed. Two million Palestinian civilians, half of them children, will have been exiled or exterminated, with the full complicity of the West.

Every nation who has heard the US bang the drum about the righteousness of stopping Putin's genocidal campaign against Ukraine will have watched, in full living Technicolor video, Israel do a successful genocide of the Palestinian people and receive billions of funding from the United States as a reward.

Every nation who's been subjected to years of propaganda about China's unimaginable cruelty to its Muslim population will have watched the United States bring in two full carrier groups to help guarantee Israel the ability to finish its ethnic cleansing of its Muslim captive population and prevent any nearby nation being able to interfere.

There is no chance that anyone, no matter how credulous they were before, will believe anything the West claims is necessary 'to fight genocide' ever again.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
hey mike you never responded to my question about who the "munitions experts" you were referencing were, I'd still like an answer

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

NovemberMike posted:

Do you have multiple accounts posting here? I clicked on the little question mark under your name and none of your posts in the thread have a timestamp.

NovemberMike posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSCWvOn42HI

This is what they look like in a video. The bright things flying around the sky are the Tamir interceptors from Iron Dome. You can't see the rockets because they've stopped burning fuel at that point. Where in the Al Jazeera video do we see bright guided missiles from Israel?

Unless your position is that the rockets climbing out of Gaza hit some sort of draw-distance barrier and flashed out of existence, I'm not sure what your argument is. At 1:53 in the video, after their own motors have burnt out and gone dark, they are intercepted by the Iron Dome. It is quite clear both from watching and from listening that that is what is happening.
it sure looks like they're giving a timestamp but I'm a little confused too I guess

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Martman posted:

it sure looks like they're giving a timestamp but I'm a little confused too I guess

Ok, I was expecting a video and a timestamp but maybe the timestamp refers to the video in the twitter thread they linked a few posts before? That's basically just a super blurry blow up of a lovely cell phone video where they zoomed through it super fast so you can't see anything and then drew a circle around some random dots? It doesn't look like anything to me but the original source video might show something?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

hey mike you never responded to my question about who the "munitions experts" you were referencing were, I'd still like an answer

If you go back someone else posted the article. If you're willing to concede that multiple munitions experts saying it didn't look like an Israeli bomb makes it pretty likely that it's a failed Gazan rocket I can go back and find it. If you don't actually care but you're piling on requests for evidence you don't care for feel free to find the article yourself.

NovemberMike fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 19, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I'm not saying it doesn't matter where the bomb came from, because it being an Israeli weapon implies more direct culpability due to their capabilities than an inaccurate Hamas rocket having a mishap... but either way it's ultimately on Israel.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I think ID technically counts as a C-RAM system, but I know what you're saying. I think they're using missiles over a cannon because the system is designed to deal with normal peacetime rocket load and under those conditions the system favors accuracy over longevity and the guided missiles do a better job of hitting rockets than cannon fire does

The downside is that during hostile activity the unit shuts down after 60 attempts to intercept. When Hamas or PIJ is firing hundreds or thousands of rockets the system can't keep up.

NovemberMike posted:

Iron Dome is C-RAM. The US also calls the land-based phalanx systems C-RAM but IIRC they're more optimized for point defense where you stick them close to a target you want to protect while Iron Dome protects much larger areas. They've started using lases for a similar effect.

Thanks guys, and apologies for my nomenclature, I was referring to the cannon style.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

https://x.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1715124081467465882

looks open and shut to me, the church must have spontaneously exploded

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

NovemberMike posted:

Ok, I was expecting a video and a timestamp but maybe the timestamp refers to the video in the twitter thread they linked a few posts before? That's basically just a super blurry blow up of a lovely cell phone video where they zoomed through it super fast so you can't see anything and then drew a circle around some random dots? It doesn't look like anything to me but the original source video might show something?

It is a video of rockets launching into the sky. Their motors burning out as they exhaust their fuel and move into the next stage of flight. Then, while their motors are dark they all explode. This is indicative of one of four things: Either they hit a magical barrier in the sky and detonated. Their engines reignited far more brightly for a second burn that coincidentally looks like they are exploding into smithereens. They all failed in sequence at approximately the same time after launch. Or they were intercepted by Israeli defence systems.

Now, give that the first two of those examples are not actually possible and the third is so unlikely as to be impossible, we must reasonably assume that they were shot down by Israeli anti-rocket defences. If that is not the Iron Dome what is it? Or do you contend that they were not shot down at all.

Please read this post more thoroughly than you have previously, you seem to be skimming and that's not good for the discussion.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Al-Jazeera had their footage, which is what the IDF is saying proves an errant rocket, analysed and they say it shows that the rocket in question was successfully intercepted with the same visual pattern of destruction as other rockets. They also have footage, that the IDF excluded, of other Israeli strikes similar to the explosion confirmed to be at the hospital in the same area across the five minutes up to the hospital strike.
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1714984258358391057

The WHO said yesterday that the death count is 471, with 342 wounded. They have representatives on the ground.
https://www.emro.who.int/images/stories/palestine/oPt-emegency-situation-report-issue_5.pdf
I appreciate Al Jazeera cross-referencing and examining the footage but I really do not find their analysis convincing. They assert at 1:53 that it "clearly shows missiles being intercepted by the iron dome" and then... circle some bright dots going out (some of which had already been visible in the sky for several seconds)? And then they go on to assert that the explosion at 19:59:50 looks the same and... it really doesn't? This is clearly a big and bright explosion happening suddenly, not the lights winking out we saw earlier in the video. As for the rocket disintegrating... like, maybe? I can imagine some expert might be able to examine this footage and say definitively that all the fuel and payload must've been destroyed in that explosion, but it doesn't seem like this guy is claiming any expertise, and it isn't obvious to an amateur eye that we aren't just witnessing eg the disintegration of the body of the rocket with the payload left to fall freely.

Ultimately just comparing two things and saying "these sortof seem similar, they must be the same thing" is not a good argument (especially if those things aren't actually that similar, and it wasn't even that clear what the first thing was, as in this analysis) - see people insisting the sound meant it had to be a JDAM even though we can now largely rule out even the smallest JDAMs Israel has as being responsible. I would be interested to see analysis of these videos from someone who actually has any idea what they're talking about though, now that they seem to have been confirmed as genuine.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 20, 2023

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Saw an NBC video on YouTube of Israel hitting buildings near the other hospital with "purported strikes" or something in the title.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I'm not saying it doesn't matter where the bomb came from, because it being an Israeli weapon implies more direct culpability due to their capabilities than an inaccurate Hamas rocket having a mishap... but either way it's ultimately on Israel.

Yep. Lots of other atrocities that could have been ‘it’. The truth of the matter is mostly irrelevant as the effects of it regionally are real.

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Blaming the title here is misunderstanding how news article titles work. Sometimes, they mention a perpetrator, but that's neither required nor a norm. Just the first page of Google searches shows similar titles for missile strikes in Ukraine, an explosion several years ago in Egypt, etc. More famously, even incredibly important events like JFK's assassination don't always mention who did it or even how.

The real issue is that the body of the article, which looks to be two paragraphs long and doesn't contain much information. There's nothing about what caused the "blast," if there were more, if there was any evidence about where it came from and so on. It's not even clear how the WSJ got this information, since they misgender the one witness that is mentioned, which seems like it wouldn't happen if they had a direct source.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

If you look at the videos including survivor testimony uh idk how Israel spins this one but they will

"Looks like the other team did it"

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SarahKSilverman/status/1714879511228223509

Sorry, what's the Sally Ride reference about

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Frankly, at this point, I believe if you are still trying to hyperfocus on who was or was not responsible for the hospital bombing, you are missing the forest for the trees, as seen below

https://twitter.com/MikeRStephens/status/1714592713562083560

https://twitter.com/MikeRStephens/status/1714593776994316465

This guy is a RUSI fellow who is pretty on point in his observations.

In essence, the absolute truth of the hospital result is no longer material to the political impacts generated in the region. Israel has been perceived to engage in such profound barbarity and criminality that the regional Arab dictators have been forced to adopt a posture of anti-Israel lest they face open revolt of their populaces. Even the US's backing of Israel is not sufficient to offset this compulsion.

https://twitter.com/yasmine_hafez/status/1714668834907439405

protesting is literally illegal in Egypt, but Sisi has been forced to acquiesce to this outpouring of support

What makes this even more fraught is that Israel, and Bibi in particular, does not have an off ramp to deescalate the violence of the response. The sheer scale and surprise of Hamas's attack has shattered Israel's--and Bibi's--promise of security to the settler colonial project of zionism. If Bibi dares to breathe a word of restraint, his party will not only see its support collapse, but he may very well face reactionary violence.

This is the recipe for escalation. You should not be thinking how much more will Israel make Gaza suffer. This escalation is the single greatest threat to the overall project of Zionism in decades, and you should be thinking if that project will survive the aftermath.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 20, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

There's a fake history meme of Sally Ride being sent into space with 100 tampons for the week long trip. It's not true, at best one engineer asked her how many, suggested 100, and was gently told that was a very silly number. I can't tell at all how she's using it here unless she means it as a very goofy "Pobody's Nerfect"

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

What in gently caress is she Even saying? I cannot parse this.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jen heir rick posted:

What in gently caress is she Even saying? I cannot parse this.

She's going "Aw shucks I reposted this while I was high - oops"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I appreciate Al Jazeera cross-referencing and examining the footage but I really do not find their analysis convincing. They assert at 1:53 that it "clearly shows missiles being intercepted by the iron dome" and then... circle some bright dots going out (some of which had already been visible in the sky for several seconds)? And then they go on to assert that the explosion at 19:59:50 looks the same and... it really doesn't? This is clearly a big and bright explosion happening suddenly, not the lights winking out we saw earlier in the video. As for the rocket disintegrating... like, maybe? I can imagine some expert might be able to examine this footage and say definitively that all the fuel and payload must've been destroyed in that explosion, but it doesn't seem like this guy is claiming any expertise, and it isn't obvious to an amateur eye that we aren't just witnessing eg the disintegration of the body of the rocket with the payload left to fall freely.

Ultimately just comparing two things and saying "these sortof seem similar, they must be the same thing" is not a good argument (especially if those things aren't actually that similar, and it wasn't even that clear what the first thing was, as in this analysis) - see people insisting the sound meant it had to be a JDAM even though we can now largely rule out even the smallest JDAMs Israel has as being responsible. I would be interested to see analysis of these videos from someone who actually has any idea what they're talking about though, now that they seem to have been confirmed as genuine.

What's really convincing to me is Israel saying to evacuate this hospital, warning they were going to bomb it, bombing it several days before, bombing a bunch of other hospitals, taking credit for bombing this hospital(before it became clear it was a massacre), and the people who were at the hospital saying it was Israel including internationally recognized reliable figures.

Added to the fact that since then, they've also bombed other hospitals, schools, food sources, and churches.

I think the "I can tell by the pixels" dissection is mostly a sideshow.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

daslog posted:

I was driving home about 30 minutes ago and the BBC was interviewing an Israeli spokesman (XM Satellite Radio). The spokesman said that Israel allowed 6 fuel trucks into Gaza yesterday so the hospitals could have power, but Hamas stole the fuel. None of this surprises me, but I'm wondering if anyone else has heard or read about this?

Nope, nothing. I can't find any indication that anything was allowed through Rafah yesterday, let alone any of the other border crossings. This CNN article, for instance, says that the crossings haven't let anything through in days and isn't expected to let anything through tomorrow, and that although there have been indications of preparations for a reopening to allow aid through, Israel has not allowed fuel to be added to the list of relief supplies that will be allowed through.

Even if Israel did allow a few fuel trucks through without bombing them and reporters just haven't written it down yet, how would it know what happened to the fuel? Israeli intelligence likes to act like they know everything that's happening in Gaza at all times, but recent events have dealt quite a big blow to their credibility there.

Autisanal Cheese posted:

I can't find any news articles corroborating this random podcaster's claim that "Israel just sent 4 missiles into [the Church of Saint Porphyrius]" yet. I see reports of an explosion in or near the church and significant damage to the church, as well as death counts ranging from 8 (according to Al-Jazeera) to scores of people (according to random Arab news outlets I've never heard of), but no one seems to have counted the projectiles yet.

I also wouldn't be shocked if journalists were being a little more careful with this one. Not only because we just had that hospital explosion where initial reports were quite muddled and confused, but also because false claims that this particular church was destroyed by an Israeli airstrike have been circulating for more than a week.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

A big flaming stink posted:

Frankly, at this point, I believe if you are still trying to hyperfocus on who was or was not responsible for the hospital bombing, you are missing the forest for the trees, as seen below..

This is the recipe for escalation. You should not be thinking how much more will Israel make Gaza suffer. This escalation is the single greatest threat to the overall project of Zionism in decades, and you should be thinking if that project will survive the aftermath.

I roll at my eyes on reflex at the mention of RUSI but to engage with the ideas in this post the more likely outcome of the public outcry throughout the countries neighboring Israel is immediate suppression and crushing of dissent similar to what we saw during the Arab spring. I don't see Egypt or anyone else acquiescing to public demand to confront Israel or the United States when the much less dangerous route is to just absolutely crush that public sentiment.

Yeah it will be a huge shift in the regional space but it's going to manifest in a much more subdued way and it's effects are going to be present slowly over time as opposed to a sudden explosion I regional conflict. There is a reason Biden sent two carrier groups and it's exactly to maintain this scenario, where the cost/benefit of confronting Israel in any real way is just not matched by cost/benefit of just having your army and police just arrest and kill demonstrators.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

e: wrong IP thread

Insanite fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 20, 2023

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

NovemberMike posted:

If you go back someone else posted the article. If you're willing to concede that multiple munitions experts saying it didn't look like an Israeli bomb makes it pretty likely that it's a failed Gazan rocket I can go back and find it. If you don't actually care but you're piling on requests for evidence you don't care for feel free to find the article yourself.

what? please link the article for me because that doesn't ring a bell. no article has been posted in here with multiple munitions experts weighing in, particularly not in a way that exonerates israel. (there was the article where the political science professor at vanderbilt made some strong statements, but idk what a random PS professor would qualify them as a a munitions expert, and a single RUSI person made a non-committal statement)

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

I also wouldn't be shocked if journalists were being a little more careful with this one. Not only because we just had that hospital explosion where initial reports were quite muddled and confused, but also because false claims that this particular church was destroyed by an Israeli airstrike have been circulating for more than a week.

https://x.com/sahouraxo/status/1715090957819875536?s=20

This explains this community note (well, apart from the pro-Israel PR campaign) on a tweet posted today reporting the bombing today, explaining that this is fake news because the church was reported as fine on October 9th.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

It is a video of rockets launching into the sky. Their motors burning out as they exhaust their fuel and move into the next stage of flight. Then, while their motors are dark they all explode. This is indicative of one of four things: Either they hit a magical barrier in the sky and detonated. Their engines reignited far more brightly for a second burn that coincidentally looks like they are exploding into smithereens. They all failed in sequence at approximately the same time after launch. Or they were intercepted by Israeli defence systems.

Now, give that the first two of those examples are not actually possible and the third is so unlikely as to be impossible, we must reasonably assume that they were shot down by Israeli anti-rocket defences. If that is not the Iron Dome what is it? Or do you contend that they were not shot down at all.

Please read this post more thoroughly than you have previously, you seem to be skimming and that's not good for the discussion.

" Or they were intercepted by Israeli defence systems." should be " Or they were intercepted by Israeli invisible defence systems." The Tamir missiles from Iron Dome burn until they intercept. You're arguing that Israel was launching Tamirs with thrusters that don't produce light when they burn? And that's more likely that a batch of missiles had a similar problem that caused a similar failure?

what? please link the article for me because that doesn't ring a bell. no article has been posted in here with multiple munitions experts weighing in, particularly not in a way that exonerates israel. (there was the article where the political science professor at vanderbilt made some strong statements, but idk what a random PS professor would qualify them as a a munitions expert, and a single RUSI person made a non-committal statement)

Ah, so you have seen the article and you're just JAQing off.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
If that's in fact the article you were referring to then holy poo poo you wildly mischaracterized its contents

as to my intentions, I was asking because I'm curious to see anything that is actually weapons experts weighing in because so far I've seen virtually nothing of the sort and you claimed to have seen several

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 20, 2023

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Endjinneer posted:

Could the endgame credibly be that Israel retains occupation over the north part of the Gaza strip, so what we're about to see is the second ethnic cleansing of 2023? It makes a grim sort of logical sense as a punitive measure to Hamas and a bung to the settler-friendly Israeli right wing.
That would go some way to explaining why the Israeli military seems to be gearing up for manpower-intensive and bloody street warfare rather than using airstrikes to delete key infrastructure, then calling it a day.

maybe, but Likud pulled out of Gaza and forcibly evicted Israeli settlers back in 2005 despite losing a referendum to go ahead with the pullout by a landslide.

Not sure if they are eager to allow the overextension of their settlement project again, those settlements in gaza aren't going to be easy to defend

Typo fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

If that's in fact the article you were referring to then holy poo poo you wildly mischaracterized its contents

as to my intentions, I was asking because I'm curious to see anything that is actually weapons experts weighing in because so far I've seen virtually nothing of the sort and you claimed to have seen several

Please actually demonstrate that I'm wildly mischaracterizing it instead of just doing a groundhog impression by crawling out of your own rear end in a top hat just long enough to say a single sentence.

For example, here's a tweet from the RUSI guy you said made a single noncommittal statement (hint: any expert will be somewhat noncommittal because they're looking at cell phone video).

https://twitter.com/Justin_Br0nk/status/1714527504805904590

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)