Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Saxophone posted:

Dragoon that involves phasing out and then phasing back in the next turn and dealing damage becomes owned by your opponent after one turn and only returns control ten turns later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Still better than the FF XIV dragoon that you have to sacrifice if your opponent casts any spell

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Still better than the FF XIV dragoon that you have to sacrifice if your opponent casts any spell

FFXIV Dragoon is a chaos orb, except your opponents can move their permanents around and you can't.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

i think the most played artifact heavy deck is 8-cast and it plays a bunch of counterspells (fow, fon, rebuke) and otawara. and they also have haywire mite. i'm sure people will test it out regardless

vending machine + academy manufactor

With Xorn and Mirkwood Bats :getin:

I am really really curious as to what's going to be in the Dogmeat precon, been needing to spice up my Rin and Seri deck a bit more now that I gave it Triumph of the Hordes, Asceticism, Aura Shards, and City on Fire.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 19, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I brought my Drake posted:

Because he'll die if you take him to Mariposa and you can't tell him to leave the party. :(

I dont know why it didn't occur to me earlier but WoE style role tokens would be a cool way to handle class changing.

Vvvv they could always have curses that care about how many radiation counter you have

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 19, 2023

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's also a shame on the Radiation poisoning that after so many times you get hit with it, it doesn't spawn a random mutation like in Fallout 3.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I dont know why it didn't occur to me earlier but WoE style role tokens would be a cool way to handle class changing.

Vvvv they could always have curses that care about how many radiation counter you have

I figured the low hanging fruit would be new creature enchantment types. A Fighter job confers added power and the ability to equip equipment for free, dragoon gets flying on attack and blocking etc.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Cactrot posted:

I don't think they're doing anything from a pre-betheseda game, except for some series staples everything we've seen is from 3 or later.

The basics are in fallout 1/2 isometric style, and we've only seen like a dozen cards out of 400+

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

HKR posted:

I figured the low hanging fruit would be new creature enchantment types. A Fighter job confers added power and the ability to equip equipment for free, dragoon gets flying on attack and blocking etc.
That's basically Roles

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Silhouette posted:

The basics are in fallout 1/2 isometric style, and we've only seen like a dozen cards out of 400+

I do hope I'm wrong and they print a card for The Master from Fallout 1 so everyone becomes confused over whether some just played the Dr.Who The Master or the Fallout The Master.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Cactrot posted:

I do hope I'm wrong and they print a card for The Master from Fallout 1 so everyone becomes confused over whether some just played the Dr.Who The Master, the Dr. Who The Master, The Dr. Who The Master, The Dr. Who The Master, the Dr. Who The Master (but a lady), or the Fallout The Master.

ftfy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Dang these fallout cards are cool as hell. Gary Clone with squad is the best

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Fallout set seems like an ideal place for a secure the wastes reprint but it's a bunch of garys

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm almost certain that Final Fantasy Jobs will be another round (and maybe reprints) of the D&D class enchantments.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Uh oh I'm getting suckered by the Fallout decks gently caress I gotta resist that.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
If there are no references to ff tactics characters and things i will be disappointed

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

ram dass in hell posted:

If there are no references to ff tactics characters and things i will be disappointed

Blame yourself or God

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Archenteron posted:

Blame yourself or God

Choose one:

• Blame yourself.
• Blame God.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Ooo characters could have limit breaks. Each time this character attacks or takes damage put a limit token on them.

Remove 5 limit tokens from character, destroy target creature.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Eej posted:

Choose one:

• Blame yourself.
• Blame God.

This on Isochron Scepter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Strong Sauce posted:

sure no problem.
this is the loving best I love it so much

and yeah I really appreciate when you post the previews for each new set

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Saxophone posted:

Ooo characters could have limit breaks. Each time this character attacks or takes damage put a limit token on them.

Remove 5 limit tokens from character, destroy target creature.

Enrage+

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Kinda Surprised Backgrounds didn't make it to fallout (or they just didn't show them) but I guess this set is more about the world than the PC.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HKR posted:

Split Second is definitely going to be brought back as a core mechanic in that wild west set.

I think it will be a modified version.
Maybe a "Quick Draw" that lets you cast other Split Second or Quick Draw spells?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Eej posted:

Choose one:

• Blame yourself.
• Blame God.

Entwine

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

Kinda Surprised Backgrounds didn't make it to fallout (or they just didn't show them) but I guess this set is more about the world than the PC.

Yeah, each face Commander is an NPC from the games.

I feel like if there was going to be some Vault Dweller/Courier/Sole Survivor stand-in that would have been part of the initial reveal.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

HootTheOwl posted:

It'd make sense to bring back backgrounds for Fallout, and it'd make sense to bring back Class Enchantments for Final Fantasy.

The D&D sets did a lot of cool stuff, considering those were both from that.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The arena cube isn’t up, the vintage cube went down a few days ago, I liked eldraine but I’m over it at this point. It either needs to start snowing so I can ski or wizards needs to change the online limited options

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Time posted:

The arena cube isn’t up, the vintage cube went down a few days ago, I liked eldraine but I’m over it at this point. It either needs to start snowing so I can ski or wizards needs to change the online limited options

shadows over innistrad remastered trad draft is on arena

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

We have Over-Encumbered so now we need whatever you call it when I take a shitload of drugs and drop a giant pile of scrap in place so that I’m suddenly no longer encumbered.

‘Sacrifice 3 artifacts. You may take an additional combat phase after this one.’

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

kalel posted:

shadows over innistrad remastered trad draft is on arena

Ty for the heads up but that set isn’t my thing I don’t think. I’m gonna go ride a bike

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://twitter.com/maro254/status/1715408464426721757?t=69pSGy6uBQyBtZKxh6sl5Q&s=19

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Mark Rosewater posted:

Creature – Capybara

New best set confirmed.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The only new mechanic in 2009 that hasn't been redone repeatedly was Bloodied, but that wasn't exactly popular, was it?

Living Death would be a good fit for the sorcery ETB on the Black god.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

capybara's creep me the gently caress out. just huge rear end rodents.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Guesses

1 mana pacifism for the cheaper aura?
Reworked cascade for the 2009 mechanic?

Living Death for the ETB effect? https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=type%3Asorcery+%28game%3Apaper%29+set%3Atmp is the list of tempest sorceries, and the list of 'won't utterly shatter the game if you start blinking it', 'is a unique effect on a creature' and on that list is pretty small.

Stun counter is going deciduous- pretty sure we've had it before, and it makes tracking 'doesn't untap during your next untap step' easier.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 20, 2023

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

berenzen posted:

“When you <new keyword>, <new keyword> again for the same value.”

I think you're right.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
“Then destroy all other creatures if its power is exactly 20.”
Return of the Inferno of the Star Mounts

"Legendary Creature – Skeleton Spirit Pirate"
Son of the bride of the spectral sailor

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I actually agree with the UB sets generally having really high-quality mechanics that also feel balanced. Junk, for instance, is a really great take on the Clue-and-friends disposable artifact tokens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

berenzen posted:

Guesses

1 mana pacifism for the cheaper aura?

Living Death for the ETB effect? https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=type%3Asorcery+%28game%3Apaper%29+set%3Atmp is the list of tempest sorceries, and the list of 'won't utterly shatter the game if you start blinking it', 'is a unique effect on a creature' and on that list is pretty small.

Stun counter is going deciduous- pretty sure we've had it before, and it makes tracking 'doesn't untap during your next untap step' easier.

Extinction :getin:

(it pairs with cavern of souls)