Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Double posting

Mail is finally starting to dribble in, I was expecting to end up with the one huge package full of packages but it doesn’t seem to be.

I picked up this hat, a bit more expensive than usual but I love Robin Hobb. I came across one item based on her books by chance and then searched, there’s not very many hits but I like the hat.

Also got a Cyberdine Systems hat just because.

Got some more cheap lanyards because I’m using and/or gifted the previous lot I bought and couldn’t find one to use when I needed it.

Didn’t buy these but they’re in my cart for next time. I think I could easily stick a couple of hundred over random screws and seams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I'm mostly interested in the weird or more interesting sets lego would never make like that mushroom house. I will look for Jaki sets. Is Ali Express the best site to buy those or is Temu also reasonable?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Can’t add pics from awful app now?

I have new tiny chainsaw to post

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

everdave posted:

I can add images just fine. Sounds like a you problem.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Images don’t work for me but I haven’t tried after what I think was a relatively recent app update.

Ali is honestly better for a wider variety of sets and usually a bit cheaper given the multitude of vendors.
Suffice to say you can get a set for basically every single scene in LotR. Star Wars as a close second. I’ve seen more tiny legos on Temu, their shipping tends to be a bit quicker. Gotten several like Nasa rockets and stuff from them.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Go look up Lego spider book off Ali that thing is cool as hell and I want it.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Since nobody else brought it up yet, make sure you compare prices with https://www.yourwobb.com/collections - I've gotten a couple sets from there to give as gifts and they're been great

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

everdave posted:

No it was removed because of the imgur situation. You can use a iOS shortcut to upload a photo and it spits out a bbcode link to paste in

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

No it was removed because of the imgur situation. You can use a iOS shortcut to upload a photo and it spits out a bbcode link to paste in

I’ll look into it thanks.

Doesn’t really fit in with fun and wacky but I get all my foam 3/5/7 inch detailing pads Ali. Bull. Recently got a spare tire cover for a Japanese import direct copy of a $200 JDM one was fantastic. I caved and got my oldest AirPods so my Ali earbud days are probably over.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

if any of you are into exploring the idea of weird third-party legos and live near one of these places, you should go check out brickmania (and then order a cheaper version of your dreams off of ali :thunk:)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dick Fontaine posted:

if any of you are into exploring the idea of weird third-party legos and live near one of these places, you should go check out brickmania (and then order a cheaper version of your dreams off of ali :thunk:)

DANK

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I loving hate the AliExpress emails so much.

The thing in the email title isn’t even in the email body.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Is that not the quality you expect from aliexpress?

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I got a Bluetooth mini-keyboard to go with the N100 Mini-PC.

It's very nice, everything worked straight away, including the gestures on the touchpad. The scroll "wheel" is very handy for browsing my media center's library, and just being able to write is such a huge step up from the D-pad + On-Screen Keyboard combo I had previously. Unlike the picture on the AliExpress product page, it has USB-C charging, not Micro-USB, which I consider a plus. Really the only thing that didn't immediately work 100% was that my Linux's Bluetooth manager always shows the battery level as 99%. The device itself has a low battery indicator LED, though, so it shouldn't be too easy to forget to charge it in time.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
They're still using those old nokia style batteries? That's wild, you'd think they would be pushed more as a standard over here with how much the factories love pumping them out for so much random stuff

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Those keyboards were always such a crap shoot, but the Rii ones were the best of them. Still not what I'd go for unless portability was absolutely paramount

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Is the Rii remote the best keyboard+remote on the go? It's kind of ugly.

I recently pick up a n5105 pc stick. I think it's a good gadget to bring on a trip so you can plug into the hotel or Airbnb's TV and play your own poo poo. I wonder if the Rii remote is the best option to pair with it.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

They're still using those old nokia style batteries? That's wild, you'd think they would be pushed more as a standard over here with how much the factories love pumping them out for so much random stuff

Yeah, I forgot to mention: good old BL-5B style battery. I definitely count that as a plus, when compared to some non-replacable or not-as-nearly-standard solution.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

stephenthinkpad posted:

Is the Rii remote the best keyboard+remote on the go? It's kind of ugly.

I recently pick up a n5105 pc stick. I think it's a good gadget to bring on a trip so you can plug into the hotel or Airbnb's TV and play your own poo poo. I wonder if the Rii remote is the best option to pair with it.

I personally prefer using an air mouse. Instead of a touchpad, it uses gyro sensors so you wave it around like a wiimote

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

MIL wants a tablet. This is only going to be used for like, facebook and consuming conspiracy theories. And I guess some stupid games, but nothing 3d intensive or anything, just your usual boomer trash games. Is there anything worthwhile we can get her on the cheap? I bought an Onn one for a specific use for myself but the touch stopped working correctly pretty quickly and their customer service is just trash. Their email address is loving @outlook

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Honestly, an amazon fire tablet is probably going to be your best bet. They're cheap and go on sale all the time, they have lots of support, and they work out of the box without any fiddling around

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

codo27 posted:

MIL wants a tablet. This is only going to be used for like, facebook and consuming conspiracy theories. And I guess some stupid games, but nothing 3d intensive or anything, just your usual boomer trash games. Is there anything worthwhile we can get her on the cheap? I bought an Onn one for a specific use for myself but the touch stopped working correctly pretty quickly and their customer service is just trash. Their email address is loving @outlook

Fire HD 10 next time it goes to half price ($75)? You can install google play and services without needing any cables or adb stuff - Chrome and Youtube work just fine and update as normal afterwards.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
All the cheap chinese tablets are no name brands like Teclast etc, and only plus is they use an ipad screen. If you don't care about screen quality a Fire Tablet is cheaper.

If its for your own personal use, I recommend an used iPad mini or Samsung S tablet.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

thepopmonster posted:

Fire HD 10 next time it goes to half price ($75)? You can install google play and services without needing any cables or adb stuff - Chrome and Youtube work just fine and update as normal afterwards.

Search around for Fire Toolbox. I use my 10HD for everything.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Fire with play store side loaded all the way

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
You can also get a refurb iPad Air from backmarket for like $80 and they work fine

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I got a fire 8 tablet once and it was just too slow for literally anything. I guess bigger screen=beefier specs?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Fire 10 is actually pretty quick. I use mine for web browsing, text editing, Office 365, Spotify, Netflix and Prime movies, Roll20, and managing my home network from my couch. It's also staggeringly inexpensive for what you get.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
I haven't done it since maybe the 2015 or 2017 model (I can't remember which) but I have 2 fire hd 10s that I put lineageOS on instead of the lovely bloat rom they normally have, and they're fantastic. I found them unusable with their stock OS though. literally had an ad on the lock screen :barf:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Those Lenovo tablets that cost like $100-150 seem alright, plus they have a usable warranty.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

is this a shoe condom

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

is this a shoe condom

Man I should get those for my kid who insists that Chucks are winter wear in Toronto. We’d go through a lot fewer shoes.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Xiaomi actually have 2 tablets with snapdragon 870 and 888 inside. Only 120-150 on aliexpress. Only down side is the 11 inch screen. It's way too big for me.

I heard rumor of a Chinese phone vendor stocked up on tons of SD888 chip a couple years ago for sanction deterrence, I guess they don't need them anymore and start using them on mid and low tier stuff. It's actually still a flagship speed soc.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

is this a shoe condom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCjn-24mMqY&t=91s

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Subjunctive posted:

Man I should get those for my kid who insists that Chucks are winter wear in Toronto. We’d go through a lot fewer shoes.

cant believe my mom's stories of being given old bread bags to make ad hoc poverty slush boots is an actual product now

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
galoshes have been a thing for centuries. My dad had them when I was a kid and they were pretty fun to play with, would recommend

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

It might be too late for a cond- oh.

I wonder if they make a non-stick silicon set as a joke.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Just bought an $7.50 rolex submariner clone from temu.

Can't wait to try out that SNGEEN CHRONOMETER.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Confirmed, Saturn V rocket lego set ($12? I forget) is full on and pretty cool. One deformed piece which we found a sub for. Thing is like 16-18” tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rahu posted:

Just bought an $7.50 rolex submariner clone from temu.

Can't wait to try out that SNGEEN CHRONOMETER.

Pretty sure this store is actually an evil genie or something and when you get the watch it kills you so that you never want anything ever again.