Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

please prove the rocket is good elon, please go on the rocket

```
William Gerstenmaier, SpaceX’s vice president for build and reliability, stated that Starship is ready for launch, but they are awaiting regulatory approval.

He also implied that the space division of the FAA needs a major reform.

“It’s a shame when our hardware is ready to fly, and we’re not able to go fly because of regulations or review,” Gerstenmaier said.

@elonmusk
@SpaceX
```
i hope the faa lets them launch early and it explodes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

someone is outside revving their engine repeatedly. girl it is bedtime and also your loud vehicle isn't cool, it's embarrassing and also your friends don't like you they think you're materialistic and egotistical. go get a loving Tesla a like the rest of us you drat clout chaser

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Elon would do good things with wikipedia, like add some kind of community notes feature and maximize unregretted user minutes.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
wikipedia doesnt make money so he'd add a subscription service that allows you to read a certain amount of wikipedia articles per day and if you subscribe to a higher tier you can edit the articles

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i hope the faa lets them launch early and it explodes again

It’s a shame there wasn’t some sort of recent cautionary tale about ignoring regulations. Ah well, let’s go, light em up Elon.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

how soon till elon challenges jimmy wales to the ring

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

eXXon posted:

Elon would do good things with wikipedia, like add some kind of community notes feature and maximize unregretted user minutes.

Yup

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Interesting

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
the problem with the information on wikipedia is that musk hasn't derived all of it from first principles and explained it in stolen memes

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

"One dollar per edit." *the new owner was later arrested after an IA-bot inserting slightly incorrect information into pages was discovered to run on one of his private servers. Turns out 95% of the edit-wars were manufactured."

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what if you could process payments through wikipedia and also its an app that does everything

selec
Sep 6, 2003

if there was an option to buy a historical figure’s costume on the page for historical figures would that be so bad

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

thathonkey posted:

what if you could process payments through wikipedia and also its an app that does everything
Yeah but you need to rename it W the everything app first.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
if you want to see what musk’s Wikipedia would look like just look at any of the gaming or pop culture “wikis” under the fandom.com domain, which will explode your browser with ads and trackers

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Countdown to Elon's epic wordplay burn, calling Wales a "wikipedoguy".

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Dr. Killjoy posted:

if you want to see what musk’s Wikipedia would look like just look at any of the gaming or pop culture “wikis” under the fandom.com domain, which will explode your browser with ads and trackers

get rid of the ads and trackers: https://antifandom.com

UltraMegaPhil
May 2, 2010

Number one.
Elon LOVES wikipedia. He's a real 'pedia-phile.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
can't wait for xpedia and all the confusion that follows

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

I see that long tweets don't have the "Show more" link at the end of the truncated text anymore. With Xitter, it's surely a new feature, never a bug.

Also makes Elon look like the ultimate reply guy, trying (and failing) to complete idiot incel's sentence. :elon:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/Asmongold/status/1687412588970188800
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1715229888024596905

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

boerkake

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
did he reply to a 2 month old post? insane

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Doesn't he have to mutilate and torture some chimps, blow up a couple of rockets or run over some kids with his terminator truck?

Jesus, I am basically retired and I don't have the time nor the energy to scour the internet 24/7 for dumb poo poo to reply to and become the greatest poster of all time.

Every single second of him pursuing that title is a second he could use to SAVE HUMANITY.

I'd like to imagine him as Liam Neeson at the end of "Schindler's List".
Not sure though if he will be like "I could have done more. I could have saved more lives" or "I could have posted more, I could have become a posting LEGEND!"

I should probably look into this "ketamine" thing.
Seems to give you unlimited powers without any drawbacks whatsoever.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

dr_rat posted:

I'm not posting about elon, I'm posting about musk!

They are two different people right? It wasn't just one person who did all this stupid poo poo right???

musk ftl elon ftw

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Goa Tse-tung posted:

great posts take time

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

...! posted:

get rid of the ads and trackers: https://antifandom.com

Wait hold on. Holy poo poo does that actually work??

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Time_pants posted:

Wait hold on. Holy poo poo does that actually work??
for pages with shitloads of formatting breezewiki is a bit buggy but otherwise yes

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

twice. once with the joke, a second time with an explanation of the joke. he really is the ultimate reply guy

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

People's feeds are no longer sorted newest to old so he probably clicked on that account and replied to the first thing he saw

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

bsky-social-fruxg-53fwz

morningdrew posted:

People's feeds are no longer sorted newest to old so he probably clicked on that account and replied to the first thing he saw

Yeah its worse than Mastodon if you don't manually refresh its feed. Just get outta there.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/xDaily/status/1714135069873590404?s=20

oh boy

shyduck has issued a correction as of 13:02 on Oct 20, 2023

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Blessed with another day to think about Elon

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

elon does it all

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

elon does it all

The everything chud

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

he searched "balders gate bear sex" on x the everything app

it was nice of him to try describing why he posted the emojis he did, more posters appreciate accessibility features like these thamk you elon

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wikipedia doesnt make money so he'd add a subscription service that allows you to read a certain amount of wikipedia articles per day and if you subscribe to a higher tier you can edit the articles

tbh jimmy wales and some of the other wikipedia people went and made wikia as a paid wiki model after wikipedia

around the same tome wikipedia started to try and cut down on the really niche topics that fans made and suggested they should go to wikia

then wikia rebranded itself "fandom"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK has issued a correction as of 14:44 on Oct 20, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm sure it is

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
they polled people at the iowa caucus 2020 and 80% did not use twitter. it's lower now

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
have you guys heard of this new app, called “X”? low advertising costs, high engagement… it has it all! X really is the Everything App! :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

RealityWarCriminal posted:

they polled people at the iowa caucus 2020 and 80% did not use twitter. it's lower now

that use x now