Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

SlothfulCobra posted:

Legally, more cheese than a Pringle is potato.

I'm the mark who ate Pringles for years before figuring that out. Like what the hell do you mean they aren't potato chips?

Except it makes complete sense because they have a completely different texture and taste than a regular chip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

To be clear, pringles are generally 42% potato flakes, and then a little wheat, rice, corn, and seasonings and oil.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://i.imgur.com/0Szn9mA.gifv

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I actually said out loud "unless that's getting dunked into someone's mouth at the end of the track ..." but I still wasn't disappointed.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I want to get off MR BIBS' WILD RIDE

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Frankly, if it didn't come in an aerosol can, it shouldn't be called cheese.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ4sLUSLn3w

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I see Ben Wyatt is between jobs again and has a new hobby this time.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They should make individually wrapped mayo slices

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Mayonnaise packs too complicated?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Tastes like meth and leaded gas

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

dog nougat posted:

Mayonnaise packs too complicated?

It's the texture I want. Why spread mayo or squeeze it when you can have an even layer of firm mayo to provide that particular "give" when you bite

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I swear canadian Kraft singles are different from the famouser :911: brand, and I desperately miss them

also produit de fromage fondu makes it sound so much fancier. English was a mistake.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Melting some produit de fromage fondu on my craquelins de blé concassé

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Zero_Grade posted:

I see Ben Wyatt is between jobs again and has a new hobby this time.

This is dollar store Ben Wyatt, he’s not doing a calzone-based project

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That's because the calzones betrayed him.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Judging by the colour the American those are flavoured like is Trump.:barf:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Brawnfire posted:

A Japanese company apparently made mayo slices a few years ago but I can't find anything online that confirms its existence beyond the original press release

https://soranews24.com/2020/02/21/sliced-mayonnaise-and-white-chocolate-now-exist-in-japan-bringing-sandwiches-to-glorious-new-era/

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
japan doesn't eat much cheese but what it does eat is processed af.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

There's been a few attempts over time at doing similar concepts, but they didn't really get much traction.

https://twitter.com/vandoliers/status/1398974438792732680

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Thinking about it, I'd rather have my food in individually wrapped little slabs than whatever that weird cube subscription thing was.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

LifeSunDeath posted:

japan doesn't eat much cheese but what it does eat is processed af.

I would love for people mad about Kraft singles to try the Korean version of them. Nightmare stuff.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's been a few attempts over time at doing similar concepts, but they didn't really get much traction.

https://twitter.com/vandoliers/status/1398974438792732680

I swear these came in pb&j too and much like the Smuckers mixed peanut butter and jelly in the same jar there wasn't enough jelly in the mix.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I really like the version of lovely plastic wrapped cheese slices we have here (especially the smoked version and the one with chives), but I don’t buy them much because I feel stink about the plastic waste involved in wrapping every slice.

The packaging basically hasn’t changed since the 80s, and that’s sort of comforting and sort of cringe

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

deli american cheese is the best cheese for a burger, or a breakfast sandwich, or a grilled cheese. anything where you want it to melt and meld with the grease from the other ingredients, american is what you want

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bourdain had the right read on kraft singles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4J1seTHAMU

As for american cheese, the aforementioned stuff about its melting properties and stuff makes it a great use case in sauces and stuff too.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Kraft Single (I like the thick ones for this) + Ramen = Cheesebroth ramen.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Data Graham posted:

Melting some produit de fromage fondu on my craquelins de blé concassé

I scoff at your American cheese and only buy the finest artisanal French cheeses

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Kraft singles are necessary when buldak ramyeon too spicey

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Killingyouguy! posted:

Kraft singles are necessary when buldak ramyeon too spicey

Kewpie mayo is great for cuttin' that heat while also adding a nice bit of creamy flavour.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It would be very thematically fitting if American Cheese™ was literally just inedible plastic but alas it's actually useful for some stuff.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Pleads posted:

Kewpie mayo is great for cuttin' that heat while also adding a nice bit of creamy flavour.

We're arguing about American cheese and you just come on here proposing MAYO SOUP like it's nothing

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I swear canadian Kraft singles are different from the famouser :911: brand, and I desperately miss them

also produit de fromage fondu makes it sound so much fancier. English was a mistake.

Judging by the packaging alone I'd suspect that America does have that particular strain of Kraft, but here it's marketed as the "Deluxe" line because it's too good for us poors. I mean, come on, should I be getting fromage fondu with my food stamps? That's clearly an abuse of the system and stealing your taxpayer moneys! :jerkbag:

EDIT: also for thread relevancy I have known a nonzero number of Americans who do, in fact, put it on their burgers with the plastic still on :barf:

KataraniSword has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Oct 20, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

steinrokkan posted:

I scoff at your American cheese and only buy the finest artisanal French cheeses

Those are quite common in the middle east, seem to last quite a bit without cooling.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Pleads posted:

This- it kinda just gives a fattiness coating that tastes really good. It's good in other spicy ramen for giving a little depth of flavor too

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

I mean, come on, should I be getting fromage fondu with my food stamps? That's clearly an abuse of the system and stealing your taxpayer moneys! :jerkbag:

We never should've stopped the government cheese program.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
American cheese has some applications, which is a lot more than I can say about "fancy" mold cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I love making cheese dips in fancy molds.