Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't think of a worse move than having loving Deadpool make transition jokes tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

I can't think of a worse move than having loving Deadpool make transition jokes tbh

Anything by Mark Millar.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

site posted:

Deadpool is a pansexual icon. I’d like to see that in the movies.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Joe Fisto posted:

Deadpool is a pansexual icon. I’d like to see that in the movies.

Exactly, just cause I want to see it doesn't mean I think it will be tactfully handled, but I would like it to be normalized kinda like how Negasonic's sexuality was handled.
Besides, even though Kitty never got to be Wolverine's ninja sidekick or whatever I can imagine plenty of humor around Deadpool fighting with someone he can't hit.

Oh, and Elliot is fit and ready for an action role which he's probably not going to get many opportunities for let's face it.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Will never happen, but Elliot Page would probably make a great Wolverine.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's got the height going for him, certainly

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
And the Canadianess

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So it look like in the most recent Marvels trailer they "Call a friend" for help the bifrost is shown transporting someone to Captain Marvels ship. Probably Valkyrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR9McdFW3Ww

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It’s the ghost of Jane Foster

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

At the Hotel Paradise?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Thank you for doing that one.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

badjohny posted:

So it look like in the most recent Marvels trailer they "Call a friend" for help the bifrost is shown transporting someone to Captain Marvels ship. Probably Valkyrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR9McdFW3Ww

It's Korg.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

I wouldn't be surprised if it is to be a romantic thing between them or something from their past. Brie and Tessa have both joked at it on twitter and the fan ships are...something else.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it's thor's daughter so she can be the young avengers

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I remember hearing off hand that someone spotted Tessa Thompson's name on a white board with the rest of the cast in an improperly sanitized IG post.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's Miek

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Can it be Hogun’s rotting corpse?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't Thor the only person left who can use the Bifrost?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Deadpool 3 has been pulled from the 2024 release calendar due to the strikes. Sources at Marvel told Deadline that there isn't enough time to finish production and release a quality movie in time for the original May 2024 release date due to the actors strike still going on with no clear end point.

Captain America 4, which had been delayed to July to clear the way for Deadpool 3 as a summer release, may be undelayed and moved back to the May 2024 slot because they had finished production before the actors strike started.

https://deadline.com/2023/10/deadpool-3-release-date-change-actors-strike-1235577067/

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 19, 2023

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I sort of figured L&T was setting up that Axl would eventually inherit all of his dad's abilities, so maybe he's doing it with Heimdall's old stuff.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Stormbreaker's just a big fan and went rogue to hang out.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Bifrost was just a sword in a machine run by anyone at one point, so bringing it back isn't really a worry.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Parkingtigers posted:

Bifrost was just a sword in a machine run by anyone at one point, so bringing it back isn't really a worry.

Didn't Karl Urban run is successfully in T3?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, the movies have portrayed it as a feature of certain weapons. Skurge used Heimdall's sword and could do it, and Stormbreaker can do it.

It's easy to handwave and have Valkyrie show up with a little line or joke about it anyway.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The machine that used Heimdall's weapon didn't work without the sword and the sword couldn't do it without the machine. Stormbreaker was specifically called out as "theoretically" able to summon the Bifrost on its own.

Plus who knows what the Asgardians have been doing on Earth now that they're established and have a bunch of money flowing in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Stormbreaker was specifically called out as "theoretically" able to summon the Bifrost on its own.

We see it do it in Infinity War.

It's how Thor, Groot and Rocket get to Wakanda.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The machine that used Heimdall's weapon didn't work without the sword and the sword couldn't do it without the machine.

Heimdall was able to call Bifrost to send Bruce back to earth with just the sword at the start of Infinity War.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

howe_sam posted:

Heimdall was able to call Bifrost to send Bruce back to earth with just the sword at the start of Infinity War.

He said something about Dark powers or something which I assumed had something to do with Thor 2: The Dark World, but of course it's impossible to know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't remember that line but I assume that would be a callback to Avengers, when Loki says Odin had to use dark magic to teleport Thor since at the time the bridge was broken.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

kiminewt posted:

He said something about Dark powers or something which I assumed had something to do with Thor 2: The Dark World, but of course it's impossible to know.

They explained in it the original Avengers that Odin can use "dark magic" to teleport people with the bifrost. He imbued Heimdal with that power and the rainbow bridge was the easy way for people without that power to access the other realms.

Loki says to him, "How much dark magic did the allfather have to conjure to get you here?" and mentions in Thor 2 that there are other ways to get to Earth even if you aren't imbued with power by Odin or able to get near the rainbow bridge.

Basically, Odin is magic. He granted Heimdal/his sword the power through magic technobabble so someone could man the gate. The bridge itself was not magic, but just an easy way for Odin/Heimdal to be the only ones to control who leaves/enters Asgard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And then Stormbreaker could do it in Infinity War because Thor bifrosting in and turning the tide was cool as gently caress.

We'll figure out the logistics later or maybe not at all, whatever. In the comics it's usually because Thor inherits the Odinforce, but they never addressed that as a thing in the movies.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Deadpool 3 has been pulled from the 2024 release calendar due to the strikes. Sources at Marvel told Deadline that there isn't enough time to finish production and release a quality movie in time for the original May 2024 release date due to the actors strike still going on with no clear end point.

Captain America 4, which had been delayed to July to clear the way for Deadpool 3 as a summer release, may be undelayed and moved back to the May 2024 slot because they had finished production before the actors strike started.

https://deadline.com/2023/10/deadpool-3-release-date-change-actors-strike-1235577067/

They're going back and retooling it to make the villain MISTER SINISTER and not some boring original character

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Aphrodite posted:

And then Stormbreaker could do it in Infinity War because Thor bifrosting in and turning the tide was cool as gently caress.

We'll figure out the logistics later or maybe not at all, whatever. In the comics it's usually because Thor inherits the Odinforce, but they never addressed that as a thing in the movies.

The Dwarf in Infinity War just straight up says that it is imbued with dark magic and he has no idea how it works. The humans try to explain it as creating an Einstein-Rosen bridge.

So, just literal magical technobabble.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They’re alien Viking gods, I feel like we can hand wave away pretty much whatever explanation we want

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The most recent Loki had a throwaway line about Balder the Brave being a character that Loki is aware of but thinks kinda sucks, but hey, he's the god of light, maybe it's a setup to him showing up in these and he can just be the bifrost if he wants because it's light.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theironjef posted:

The most recent Loki had a throwaway line about Balder the Brave being a character that Loki is aware of but thinks kinda sucks, but hey, he's the god of light, maybe it's a setup to him showing up in these and he can just be the bifrost if he wants because it's light.

I am pretty sure that is a reference to actual mythology.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I am pretty sure that is a reference to actual mythology.
Yeah probably, but hey they've danced around the concept before. There's concept art out there of Daniel Craig as Balder for the Illuminati scene in MoM, he was just replaced with Mister Fantastic at some point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

La Louve Rouge posted:

They're going back and retooling it to make the villain MISTER SINISTER and not some boring original character

Jon Hamm was actually cast as Sinister for an after credits scene for an earlier movie but it got cut.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
For the record, its Dark Energy not magic that was mentioned by Loki in Avengers on how Thor got to earth. Which is an actual scientific concept so the implication is that the Asgardians understand and mastered its use and manipulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

We see it do it in Infinity War.

It's how Thor, Groot and Rocket get to Wakanda.

Yeah I just thought it was funny that the dwarf said "in theory" because we all knew it was going to happen as soon as he said it.

howe_sam posted:

This part I did forget about though. I guess Heimdall was the one with the power but the machine itself only worked with the sword? Ah who cares.