Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I have to work today and we have D&D directly after work which typically lasts until bed time so I won't get to play Mario until tomorrow and I HATE LIFE! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Game good. Nice to play a 'fresh' 2d mario, good as the nsmb were

It v pretty

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wonder and Tears of the Kingdom are the perfect Swan Songs for the Nintendo Switch. Can’t wait to see what the Switch 2 brings, I feel like I’m living in historic times.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i can't believe they made the underwater levels in a 2D Mario game fun

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

And we still have the Peach game on the way too. What a ride this year has been!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope wario ware is good

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
If you haven't played Odyssey, I highly recommend it, New Donk Festival owns yeah, but the entire final like 25% of the game is insane. Stayed up for 3 hours at what I thought was the final level and there were still like 3 more kingdoms and every new part was wilder than the last.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The "no player collision" approach to co-op definitely freed them up to make way tighter level designs. Without needing a bunch of empty space to accommodate 4 players bumping each other around the levels can be more compact and high-energy.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Maybe there's a collision badge you can troll your friends with

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I don’t really notice a difference in Mario’s voice unless I’m really concentrating. Doesn’t bother me.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
It's just the standard grunts and wahoos, right? No complete sentences? Maybe a "thanka you so much"?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cartoon Man posted:

I don’t really notice a difference in Mario’s voice unless I’m really concentrating. Doesn’t bother me.

he sounds fine people online are just freaks and weirdos

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Augus posted:

he sounds fine people online are just freaks and weirdos

Yeah, as I said before Mario and Luigi sound nearly identical to their old voices so I’m not sure what everyone was throwing a shitfit over

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Plank Walker posted:

If you haven't played Odyssey, I highly recommend it, New Donk Festival owns yeah, but the entire final like 25% of the game is insane. Stayed up for 3 hours at what I thought was the final level and there were still like 3 more kingdoms and every new part was wilder than the last.

I was thinking about this and feel like replaying it. There's just too many other games to play. I still need to finish totk.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Augus posted:

that was old Nintendo design doctrine too aside from a few notable exceptions like Mario Sunshine where you could go into the wrong entrance and get stuck in pachinko hell

tired of this pachinko slander when the lilypad one was 5x less fun and more annoying...

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

symbolic posted:

tired of this pachinko slander when the lilypad one was 5x less fun and more annoying...

I refuse to believe that the Lilly pad challenge was playtested

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Augus posted:

Mario Wonder is absolutely delightful, it has the same level of charm and creativity as the 3D Marios
Yes, it is incredibly charming.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Can a coop Mario ride a coop yoshi? Just wanna ferry people around levels lol

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

unattended spaghetti posted:

Can a coop Mario ride a coop yoshi? Just wanna ferry people around levels lol

Yeah, I tested that with my kid at the target demo, he loved it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Larryb posted:

Yeah, as I said before Mario and Luigi sound nearly identical to their old voices so I’m not sure what everyone was throwing a shitfit over

Lol I completely forgot they changed VAs for this

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

I can tell the difference easily, but new guy is fine. It's not like Mario is a challenging role.

My biggest complaint about Wonder so far is how you can't remap controls. Putting special abilities on R makes them almost impossible to use for me since I handle run and jump with two fingers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

I can tell the difference easily, but new guy is fine. It's not like Mario is a challenging role.

My biggest complaint about Wonder so far is how you can't remap controls. Putting special abilities on R makes them almost impossible to use for me since I handle run and jump with two fingers.

Yeah, pretty much anyone can do a Mario impression to be fair (you just need to speak in a high voice with a fake Italian accent)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Random Stranger posted:

since I handle run and jump with two fingers

Wait what

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Wait what

Index finger on run. Middle finger on jump. It's the power grip for platformers, anything where you have to mash, and classic game hardware.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Here I am just using different parts of my thumb like an rear end in a top hat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thumb vs 'piano style' is a decades old debate

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Im playing piano style at the moment because I hurt my thumb. It sucks

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

Index finger on run. Middle finger on jump. It's the power grip for platformers, anything where you have to mash, and classic game hardware.

I've heard about giving games the middle finger, but not like this

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Random Stranger posted:

It's less convenient, but don't forget you can also remap the buttons at the system level in the Switch' settings menu.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Larryb posted:

(you just need to speak in a high voice with a fake Italian accent)

Thank God you explained how

I promised my son I'd wait until he got home to play and this sucks

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Oh my god this game rules

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Oh man the part with the singing piranha plants in the second level is just the best thing

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

gently caress me, I think I have to order this now
https://limitedrungames.com/collections/hardware-peripherals/products/crkd-nitro-deck-atomic-red-limited-edition-with-carry-case

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Random Stranger posted:

That sounds awful why would you do that instead of just resting your thumb over Y and B

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Mario good.

Nintendo good.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Augus posted:

That sounds awful why would you do that instead of just resting your thumb over Y and B

Because I don't have any fine control that way. It makes holding one down continuously and making precise pushing of the other button very difficult.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I just wowied and zowied in my pants

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I don't know who likes Nabbit but that little freak sickens me.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I don't know who likes Nabbit but that little freak sickens me.

I love Nabbit, but I am also a little freak that sickens people. :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

How you choose to play Mario upsets me, but if you want a sort of roundabout solution: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49229/~/how-to-change-the-button-mapping-on-nintendo-switch-controllers