Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

He's no Fetterman or Avenatti but then again who is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gonna be honest - the fact that some people in this sub-forum still care about "finding a person to vote for to be president" is pretty pathetic and only really makes sense if, deep down, they're still in denial and want to feel like they did when Bernie was running. But it's like an adult saying "yeah I know Santa isn't real, but I still want to support the Hanukkah Elf*, just for fun and laughs!" but deep down you know they're gonna be waiting with bated breath for the Elf to enter their window on the first night of Hanukkah.

And if you insist on doing it, at least do it for someone who's an actual communist. Or at least not a social democrat. Doing a protest vote for a social democrat is just sad. Isn't the whole point supposed to be "voting for what you actually believe"?

Or if your goal is to just piss off the libs - say you're voting for Trump! Trying to piss them off by voting for a third-party social democrat is just a lame half-measure.

* Hanukkah Elf is the official Hanukkah mythical creature

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

just vote psl and shut the gently caress up

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

lumpentroll posted:

just vote psl and shut the gently caress up

Ytlaya posted:

And if you insist on doing it, at least do it for someone who's an actual communist. Or at least not a social democrat. Doing a protest vote for a social democrat is just sad. Isn't the whole point supposed to be "voting for what you actually believe"?

Supposedly Brian Moore, the 2008 SPUSA nominee, is trying to get the nomination there again, as well as the Green Party's

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Gonna be honest - the fact that some people in this sub-forum still care about "finding a person to vote for to be president" is pretty pathetic and only really makes sense if, deep down, they're still in denial and want to feel like they did when Bernie was running. But it's like an adult saying "yeah I know Santa isn't real, but I still want to support the Hanukkah Elf*, just for fun and laughs!" but deep down you know they're gonna be waiting with bated breath for the Elf to enter their window on the first night of Hanukkah.

Or if your goal is to just piss off the libs - say you're voting for Trump! Trying to piss them off by voting for a third-party social democrat is just a lame half-measure.

i'm going to lie and say that cast a vote for cornel west

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

i'm going to vote for cornel west because it will both make the libs mad and make you mad

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i'm going to vote for cornel west because it will both make the libs mad and make you mad

yep, gotta optimize those returns

Jon
Nov 30, 2004
Voting for president does nothing

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jon posted:

Voting for president does nothing

incorrect: it makes people mad

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I would take three thousand dollars from Hitler.

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/CornelWest/status/1715038844129583389

lol so he's hanging out with the nazi billionaire? why can't anything be good..........

Did you miss their stance on Palestine?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

voting cornel west only when he endorses biden

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
you can't vote for Cornel West because he takes money from Harlan Crowe!

instead, vote for the person who has not taken money from Harlan Crowe, who accomplished things like,

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

instead, vote for the person who has not taken money from Harlan Crowe, who accomplished things like,

A decades-long friendship with Strom Thurmond!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Weka posted:

I would take three thousand dollars from Hitler.

Did you miss their stance on Palestine?

Who's stance? Harlan Crow's?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I'm voting RFK just to piss off them and you

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

nice try but RFK was assassinated by Sirhan Sirhan over fifty years ago

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

also lol i love him

https://x.com/cornelwest/status/1715394377671946708?s=46

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

you can just not lump fascists and communists together.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I respect him for telling people he's literally making it up as he goes

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

War and Pieces posted:

I'm voting RFK just to piss off them and you

I'm going to vote for Ron Paul to piss everyone off :smug:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

voting for Cornel because he satisfies my two most important criteria: (1) he's funny and (2) he's not going to win

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

also i think going forward i'll vote for any presidential candidate who starts sentences with "As a jazzman,"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Need to see Doctor West's real book notes

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

trumpet players are natural narcissists and belong nowhere near any lever of power

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

If you really think about it, the Palestinian struggle to resist genocide is the same as my struggle to get that bag. I like jazz and double genocide theory.
-TBDCW

Pomeroy has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Oct 20, 2023

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

He should have kept the money and said "when I'm president guys like Harlan Crowe are all going to jail for bribery, and his own money will help put him there"

What is this a bloo bloo he's my brother he can have his money back, happy now you meanies bullshit.

Might as well vote for Biden if I want to hear about how nice the evil rich bastards who gave him money are

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
If he throws his hat in the ring, I'm voting for John Hinckley Jr.

Jon
Nov 30, 2004
Evil tyrants like Stalin and Mao, nothing like the heroic slave owning murderers Jefferson and Washington

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol he's so loving dumb

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

lmao incredible

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

so he triangulated himself into a position where he is giving back the money while also still defending Harlan

that's certainly something

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

so he triangulated himself into a position where he is giving back the money while also still defending Harlan

that's compromise, baby

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cornel West (r)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Maybe he has to defend him if he still wants that private flight to pedophile island that all the supreme court justices get to be on

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Lol Daud sunk him. loving Hilary.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Couldn't you say this same kind of thing about literally any political candidate

I'm not sure that "well the other politicians also suck" is a very convincing argument to support someone

(Also as someone else mentioned, the most embarrassing part of his statement was the shoe-horned in "tyrants like Stalin and Mao"; I don't expect positive statements from American leftists, but it's bad when someone is bringing up their opposition to communism unprompted)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

doesn't support cops: afroman
doesn't take money from nazis: afroman

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

If Afroman declares his home his campaign HQ can he use donations to repair the door the pigs kicked in?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mcmagic posted:

Who's stance? Harlan Crow's?

Cornel West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023
Cornel West was in the Matrix sequels.