Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
harm reduction!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

stumblebum posted:

just caught up and missed replying some pages back, but regarding the mobilization of israeli conscripts:

what happens when a bunch of soft and privileged but bloodthirsty fascists are forced to bivouac/barracks with the increasingly incensed and increasingly anti-war population while nervously awaiting to reclaim their masculinity from a battle that they themselves are too scared to fight?

idk i dont think anyones gonna find out tbh. the ground invasion is sounding more and more like an empty threat

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Everyone was saying the hospital blew up because the story was initially that 500 people were dead in a strike "on a hospital" and people filled in the blanks with what seemed obvious

The actual circumstances of the strike became clearer in the morning, that the car park was struck and that many locals had gathered there for safety, because they were on the grounds of a hospital.

The pattern and scale of devastation seem to be most indicative of an air burst JDAM (30 meter kill radius, which is about the exact range where vehicles are completely destroyed and pavement distortion is visible)

yeah that seems to be the case and i'm sure there were casualties from those in the rooms nearest the parking lot. but all most people hear is that it wasn't a strike on the hospital after all.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

crepeface posted:

i'm assuming that's a syq

you are correct. my apologies to dancer.

quote:

Dancer wrote on Oct 20, 2023 16:40:
Dti dta infinite solidarity with the Palestinian struggle and people. I am entirely not in agreement with the SYQ I posted. I guess it was a particularly poorly inspired one.

ty

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

lol. There are some REALLY lovely corporate dems on this list

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Al! posted:

idk i dont think anyones gonna find out tbh. the ground invasion is sounding more and more like an empty threat

The israeli ground invasion going into gaza

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

https://x.com/karaschlegl/status/1715150375546921204?s=20

wait, media literacy can be used for good?!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thank you Bernie

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

OctaMurk posted:

The israeli ground invasion going into gaza

the idf and hezbollah have just been posting ‘HOLD ME BACK BROS’ for over a week now

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I hope eran trips on his shoelaces in the ground invasion and falls face first in horse poo

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Someone mentioned Clare Daly pages ago. I would also recommend Richard Boyd Barrett for bringing fire with his pro-Palestinian speeches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PISs0AwztGQ

Thanks for this. Still, I'm loving sick of hearing this mantra people keep chanting of "Israel has the right to defend itself", as if that magically absolves Israel of any responsibility in how it tries to attack Hamas using a disproportionate response.

Being attacked and having a hundred civilians killed does not give you the right to dish out war crimes and genocide in return. gently caress these absolute shitheads who carry water for Israel and enabling their ethnic cleansing through money and arms. gently caress all of it. If a country commits the heinous poo poo like Israel has and still is committing, that country at the very least loses any sympathy or credibility it may have had before.

Teriyaki Koinku has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Oct 20, 2023

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

Oh i forgot theres only one union in the country this is some loser as poo poo op

The only unions America are really paying attention to right now are the Hollywood unions and the UAW and neither of those groups need to step into foreign politics they are domestic labor unions

I understand why IWW is supporting Palestine, I'm not sure why the domestic Starbucks union thought this was going to work out for them or labor as a movement

We don't need every thing to be everything. A labor union can only be effective when they're a labor movement first

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Yemen breaking out the long flag
https://twitter.com/its_yemen/status/1715373362581574121?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Wtf I have that same octopus stuffed toy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sherbert Hoover posted:

yeah that seems to be the case and i'm sure there were casualties from those in the rooms nearest the parking lot. but all most people hear is that it wasn't a strike on the hospital after all.

if someone shoots up a bunch of kids in a school parking lot do we quibble about whether it was a school shooting?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Yemen the loooooooong way

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

If someone shoots up my house I have a right to wall in their entire neighborhood , shoot them when they protest, and bomb them indiscriminately, and control their utilities

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

isn’t that the “I’m happy” / “I’m mad” toy that flips inside out?

I def don’t think it’s a hydra-Zion crossover event

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

If someone shoots up my house I have a right to wall in their entire neighborhood , shoot them when they protest, and bomb them indiscriminately, and control their utilities

typical landlord

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Al! posted:

but that's just it, they cant invade, and also they cant not invade, so how long do they sit there "preparing", and how ravenously self-murderous will the idf become as it sits there stewing in irreconcilable tension and humiliation? because, given the rhetoric and destabilizing situation, not invading seems like it'll turn into its own finding out

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Sherbert Hoover posted:

It was a strike on the hospital because it was targeted at hospital grounds on areas where patients were being treated or recovering from treatment

The hospital has 80 beds and there was a thousand people there

Don't be willfully dense in a way that makes you seem monstrous dude I'm sure you're better than that but you come across like a gigantic piece of poo poo and I'm trying really hard to give you the benefit of the doubt

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Well turns out they are all dead so I guess we can put up a monument and create a military reservation.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
A big problem in American union leadership is the same as our political leaders. They are old. We have a big missing generation in union leadership with how successful the anti union propaganda and laws have been. If you work with different unions it is easy to notice there's usually a big cohort of 50+ year old leadership and then also a bunch of 20 year old organizers.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Red Baron posted:

isn’t that the “I’m happy” / “I’m mad” toy that flips inside out?

I def don’t think it’s a hydra-Zion crossover event

Yes. My wife and I got one each in 2020 so we could silently signal to each other during work from home - if the octopus was mad, we were in a call and couldn't be disturbed. If the octopus was happy, we could be talked to.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

please surrender yourself to eran

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

The only unions America are really paying attention to right now are the Hollywood unions and the UAW and neither of those groups need to step into foreign politics they are domestic labor unions

I understand why IWW is supporting Palestine, I'm not sure why the domestic Starbucks union thought this was going to work out for them or labor as a movement

We don't need every thing to be everything. A labor union can only be effective when they're a labor movement first

A labor union can be effective and internationalist this is not mutually exclusive op in fact labor unions used to be very internationalist naturally as they were destroyed this died down.

a union can focus on many things at once and still work, this isnt rocket science

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yes. My wife and I got one each in 2020 so we could silently signal to each other during work from home - if the octopus was mad, we were in a call and couldn't be disturbed. If the octopus was happy, we could be talked to.

lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol i like how we have overdone SYQ to the point that no one even had a chance to say it in its original usage before the probe

Same as trolling, when you SYQ you take the risk that you might eat poo poo for it if you do it poorly.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

It was a strike on the hospital because it was targeted at hospital grounds on areas where patients were being treated or recovering from treatment

The hospital has 80 beds and there was a thousand people there

Don't be willfully dense in a way that makes you seem monstrous dude I'm sure you're better than that but you come across like a gigantic piece of poo poo and I'm trying really hard to give you the benefit of the doubt

i'm just talking about how low info libs are perceiving it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Insanite posted:

please surrender yourself to eran

he has a blank space for you

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

A labor union can be effective and internationalist this is not mutually exclusive op in fact labor unions used to be very internationalist naturally as they were destroyed this died down.

🤔

quote:

a union can focus on many things at once and still work, this isnt rocket science

Yeah man do you have an example of a time where it paid off for a domestic labor union to take a side on a controversial issue of international politics?

Edit: like I'm sorry to say this guys but unions died. They were dead for like 35 to 40 years. They're somehow making a comeback right now and maybe we don't need to be following the dead failed union playbook this time around

Engorged Pedipalps has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Oct 20, 2023

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
israel has the right to defend itself but palestine does not

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Syq is an art. Its about carefully curating the best content, then unleashing it at the right time for maximum outrage and ensuring at least a few people believe its original content.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

your were actually signaling you were antisemitic the whole time smdh

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

gradenko_2000 posted:

:thunk:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

🤔

Yeah man do you have an example of a time where it paid off for a domestic labor union to take a side on a controversial issue of international politics?

sure when they refuse to send weapons to israel that works out fine or when they refuse to load them onto the ships

are you even in a union

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

Syq is an art. Its about carefully curating the best content, then unleashing it at the right time for maximum outrage and ensuring at least a few people believe its original content.

they have always said that a good artist copies, but great ones steal

syq is simply the natural extension of this axiom

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Have the sick palestinian children in a hospital without electricity or water tried peacefully protesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Same as trolling, when you SYQ you take the risk that you might eat poo poo for it if you do it poorly.

actually they did it well and i offered to let them hand out a sixer for successfully tricking me