Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Honest question, im just being honest, from a place of innocence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Zodium posted:

you are correct. my apologies to dancer.

ty

imo a 6er is like a commendation for a good SYQ

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
ordering palestinian flag on amazon gets you put on an fbi list probably

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yes. My wife and I got one each in 2020 so we could silently signal to each other during work from home - if the octopus was mad, we were in a call and couldn't be disturbed. If the octopus was happy, we could be talked to.

i just put a sock on the door

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
bespoke trolling is a pale imitation to what the true, natural harvest can bring. why craft what you imagine the frictionless of brain might say when a small jaunt to any place online will yield a cornucopia of homegrown, 100% organic stupid?

stand on the shoulders of giants and all that

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

sleep with the vicious posted:

Honest question, im just being honest, from a place of innocence

I'm peacefully protesting from my hospital bed

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

sure when they refuse to send weapons to israel that works out fine or when they refuse to load them onto the ships

are you even in a union

What fantasy are you describing here lmao

The UAW isn't making weapons for Israel and im pretty sure dock workers are in one of those regulated unions where they can go to jail if they refuse to load cargo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
oh you actually mean working

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
I'm coughing up blood as I respectfully demand water

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

sleep with the vicious posted:

Have the sick palestinian children in a hospital without electricity or water tried peacefully protesting?

i mean, dead weight is a classic protest technique

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Sherbert Hoover posted:

well i think the main thing is that everyone was saying the hospital was blown up and it turns out it seems intact according to the daylight pics people shared the next day. idk what the deal is with that tbh but i'm sure israel bombed it and a lot of people died.

They dropped a cluster bomb on a hospital parking lot full of people op

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

What fantasy are you describing here lmao

christ you're a dipshit

here you go

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-palestine-arms-livorno-port-italy-b1848773.html

thats just one example

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

oh no you better not do this at all because its scary and you might lose better just sit back and eat poo poo

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Al! posted:

oh you actually mean working

hey sex work is work

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

What do Italian dock workers have to do with domestic American labor unions

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Look, I'm not saying the MSF is lying about the hospital deaths but I do find their leader, Big Boss, to be of suspect character

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

dont move the goalposts loser were talking about unions and internationalism

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The only unions America are really paying attention to right now are the Hollywood unions and the UAW and neither of those groups need to step into foreign politics they are domestic labor unions

I understand why IWW is supporting Palestine, I'm not sure why the domestic Starbucks union thought this was going to work out for them or labor as a movement

We don't need every thing to be everything. A labor union can only be effective when they're a labor movement first

Unions can and should take stances beyond narrow economic issues. It can even help them strengthen the union. Part of the strengthening of teachers unions in the country was embracing stuff like "bargaining for the common good" which was able to draw in large amounts of community support.

Service sector unions like SEIU and Unite Here have a self-identity as forces that fight racism. Which is good (although can be used as a way to avoid discussion of class internally) and has led them to joining the struggle on issues like mass incarceration and housing.

However, to get union leadership, staff, and rank and file membership all in line on pursuing these struggles takes time. Education on the issues, empowering rank and file workers, and breaking a business union mindset takes time and effort. It can take a lot less time in periods like now, when there is an active genocide going, but it still takes effort to achieve. Union leadership jumping into a struggle without a plan or having most members onboard can be disastrous as well.

It's fine to be pissed at union leadership for not taking a side, but we need to understand why that happened. Labor unions are not organically a place where more international or class conscious solidarity will develop spontaneously, and in the US there is also heavy pressure for that solidarity not to develop.

If people are active in their locals introduce resolutions in solidarity with Palestine at your next local meeting. Ask your steward if there are any messages sent out or discussions around the conflict at their level

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

oh no you better not do this at all because its scary and you might lose better just sit back and eat poo poo

I don't know if you're just not paying attention to the scoreboard but unions are down like 85 points and can't really afford to take another L

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Red Baron posted:

isn’t that the “I’m happy” / “I’m mad” toy that flips inside out?

I def don’t think it’s a hydra-Zion crossover event

It's a mistake to delete and apologize for stuff like this. Let them say insane things about you, and everyone else will see them saying insane things like "that super common stuffed octopus is a secret signal to the nazis that Greta Thunberg is a nazi"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Double post. DTI. DTA still.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

pure insanity wtf

https://twitter.com/ZeeshanAleem/status/1715398046077403247

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

I don't know if you're just not paying attention to the scoreboard but unions are down like 85 points and can't really afford to take another L

your're a pathetic coward thats all there is to it

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
battle of cable street was pretty baller. trade unionists in china backed the right horse.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Unlike American dock workers, Italian dock workers have a spine.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

(boxing bell) declaring HallelujahLee the winner

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

mah unions

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

And you're the kind of person who puts board members into union roles because they appealed to your pet issue instead of actual nuts and bolts improvements for labor

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

american officials responded: oh i thought it was going to be a long one

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
QUESTION: Thank you, Ned. I want to ask you about East Jerusalem, but let’s talk about what you said about the principle of self-defense. Does that in any way apply to the Palestinians? Do they have a right to self-defense? Do Palestinians have a right to self-defense?

MR PRICE: I’m – in – broadly speaking, Said, we believe in the concept of self-defense. We believe it applies to any state. I don’t think that —

QUESTION: Just a – it will be extremely brief. One, in your response to Said’s earlier question about whether the Palestinians have a right to self-defense, your answer, you’re going to know as soon as I read what your answer was that there’s a big problem with it. You said – well, not a problem, it just doesn’t answer the question. We believe that it, meaning the right to self-defense, applies to any state. Well, you see the problem, right? Yes?

MR PRICE: Do you want to —

QUESTION: Do regard Palestine as a state?

MR PRICE: I wasn’t referring —

QUESTION: Do you think —

MR PRICE: But it —

QUESTION: You don’t in the context of the ICC and the UN.

MR PRICE: I —

QUESTION: So are you saying that you do not – if it applies to any state, are you saying the Palestinians don’t have a right to self-defense?

MR PRICE: I was making a broader point not attached to Israel or the Palestinians in that case.

QUESTION: So they do have a right to self-defense?

MR PRICE: Matt, I’m not —

QUESTION: No, no, no, it’s not that difficult a question.

MR PRICE: I’m not in a position to debate the legalities from up here.

QUESTION: All right.

MR PRICE: What – our message is one of de-escalation.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

lol remember when Biden promised a public option

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

And you're the kind of person who puts board members into union roles because they appealed to your pet issue instead of actual nuts and bolts improvements for labor

Im actually going to push even further now in the IWW for more aid to palestine so thanks for being a pathetic loser

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good stuff

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

That points to them not going through with the ground invasion, and instead bombing and starving out Gaza over many years until every single person living there is dead.

So yeah, genocide.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/oct/20/instagram-palestinian-user-profile-bios-terrorist-added-translation-meta-apology
Meta has apologised after inserting the word “terrorist” into the profile bios of some Palestinian Instagram users, in what the company says was a bug in auto-translation.

The issue, which was first reported by 404media, affected users with the word “Palestinian” written in English on their profile, the Palestinian flag emoji and the word “alhamdulillah” written in Arabic. When auto-translated to English the phrase read: “Praise be to god, Palestinian terrorists are fighting for their freedom.”

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What about a union... between the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, the city of Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

"whispers" you cant do anything besides labor issues in a union

you cant get away with this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
pet issue of people being massacred ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
lol all industries are in part international. you cant just be a domestic union without considering the global scope of what it is you work on or in.

If you just want a cartel to secure better wages for yourself then fine, you're into craft unionism and guild poo poo. But dismissing wide rear end swaths of labor history because of your pet issues is dishonest bullshit.