Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Horus almost literally goes "ah, finally, I can stop pretending to be a moron" and then powers up. He knows what he's doing.

Biplane fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
I'm unbelievably hyped to see what word salad vomit Abnett has cooked up for us. It comes out this Sunday right?

a shitty king fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 20, 2023

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

a lovely king posted:

Word to the wise it's pretty hosed to use that word. The R one.

In other news I'm unbelievably hyped to see what word salad vomit Abnett has cooked up for us. It comes out this Sunday right?

Edited it out sorry. And same :shobon:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

a lovely king posted:

In other news I'm unbelievably hyped to see what word salad vomit Abnett has cooked up for us. It comes out this Sunday right?

One day, twelve hours ten minutes ±15 minutes or so.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Black Griffon posted:

One day, twelve hours ten minutes ±15 minutes or so.

You sure on that timing? They almost always put up prereleases at 10am PST/1pm EST. Or are you located elsewhere?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

You sure on that timing? They almost always put up prereleases at 10am PST/1pm EST. Or are you located elsewhere?

10am UK time. I'm a dirty rotten scandi, remember.
Edit: that reminds me; are the LEs divvied up so there's a set number for each drop zone? If not, the strayans and kiwis would just grab all of them, right?

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 20, 2023

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

10am UK time. I'm a dirty rotten scandi, remember.
Edit: that reminds me; are the LEs divvied up so there's a set number for each drop zone? If not, the strayans and kiwis would just grab all of them, right?

Yeah there’s a set amount per region

the_seventh_cohort
May 4, 2013
I just finished A Thousand Sons, and overall it was pretty good, but it was definitely bookended by two bad parts that brought it way down. The first part is the some of the standard Male Sci Fi Author weird horniness at the start. The second one is much stranger, when at the end of the book Ahriman quotes loving Stonewall Jackson with 'The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.' which is just a bizarre thing to choose to have your main character say in a book about Space Marines.

the_seventh_cohort fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 20, 2023

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

a lovely king posted:

Agreed.

Thank you biplane for editing it, and if a lovely king would here too that would be grand.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Atlanta, Charleston, Richmond, Tizca

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
I thought tEatD Vol 2 released on November 7th? Was I mistaken, or is this just a limited collector's edition physical release or something?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Preorders for the LE and the hardback drop on saturday, release is still the 7th.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I will be reading it via :filez: as the chaos gods intended, because I simply do not want my space men pulp in anything but paperbacks

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
I don't think you can :filez: paperbacks, op

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Pron on VHS posted:

Atlanta, Charleston, Richmond, Tizca

Going all archaeo-archivist to bring back this post, which never got any love when it first got posted and really deserves some:

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

For every Heretic Astartes ten thousand years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it’s still not yet the thirteenth day on that Secundus afternoon in 0014.M31 , the Legions are in position behind the orbital platforms, the guns are laid and ready in the Palace and the furled flags are already loosened to break out and Perturabo himself with his long oiled mechadendrites and his mace in one hand probably and his Logos in the other looking up the hill waiting for Horus to give the word and it’s all in the balance, it hasn’t happened yet, it hasn’t even begun yet, it not only hasn’t begun yet but there is still time for it not to begin against that position and those circumstances which made more men than Fulgrim and Mortarion and Angron and Curze look grave yet it’s going to begin, we all know that, we have come too far with too much at stake and that moment doesn’t need even a Chaos Space Marine to think This time. Maybe this time with all this much to lose and all this much to gain: Terra, Molech, the Imperium, the golden dome of the Palace itself to crown with desperate and unbelievable victory the desperate gamble, the cast made seven years ago; or to anyone who ever sailed a skiff under a quilt sail, the moment in 800.M30 when somebody thought This is it: the absolute edge of no return, to turn back now and make home or sail irrevocably on and either build the Imperium or plunge over the world’s roaring rim.

It's from Faulkner :ssh:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Badly Jester posted:

I don't think you can :filez: paperbacks, op

Not with that attitude!

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
so the LE comes out to customers, but the ebook has to wait?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pretty sure the ebook drops at the same time as the physical copies. Just so that no one gets a head start.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

They do. The last few SoT ebooks leaked early so I am really hoping to get it this weekend.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

D-Pad posted:

They do. The last few SoT ebooks leaked early so I am really hoping to get it this weekend.

How did those last few even leak? They get accidentally put online for a moment?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

a lovely king posted:

How did those last few even leak? They get accidentally put online for a moment?

Not sure. My source isn't the original source. I don't think that was it though, Echoes leaked like more than a month before release. If I had to guess it's an internal leak, probably somebody with access sending copies to their friends or something. It doesn't happen with the other books because people just don't want them as bad but these are huge deals in the fanbase. That being said there was a couple of books a few years ago that Rakuten posted early in their store by accident and I got them that way.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Direct link to the LE for when it drops in the US.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/the-end-and-the-death-vol-2-spec-ed-eng-2023

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Simply can't wait for (nearly) the end and the death

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

Simply can't wait for (nearly) the end and the death

Same, I always get super hyped for these. Is this what being in a "fandom" is like

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
No fandom is when you hate everything new and argue over which old thing is best, you're just having a good time.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

When is the availability in Europe again? Do I have to stay up late on sunday?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Demiurge4 posted:

When is the availability in Europe again? Do I have to stay up late on sunday?

oh, buddy.

five hours and eighteen minutes late.

regular edition is still available though!

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 21, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are Imperial Navy lances considered part of the Las weapon family?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

oh, buddy.

five hours and eighteen minutes late.

regular edition is still available though!

Oh :negative:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I think I got a copy. Got a confirmation email anyways.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got mine as well. Looks like they lasted about 3 minutes.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Two of my friends were trying for it and neither got one

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

3 minutes almost seems long. I got mine in the EU drop and it was definitely sold out when I checked the site five minutes past 10, but I have to believe it actually sold out after two minutes or something.

Do you have the Vol.1 LE? Because if you have a hole in your collection now you have my deepest sympathies.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
3 minutes was how long it took for the page to show sold out for me. It may have already been saying that if you actually tried to order maybe, who knows.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

3 minutes almost seems long. I got mine in the EU drop and it was definitely sold out when I checked the site five minutes past 10, but I have to believe it actually sold out after two minutes or something.

Do you have the Vol.1 LE? Because if you have a hole in your collection now you have my deepest sympathies.

Nah it was just a nice to have. I did get both volume 1 and 2 in hardcover though.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Arc Hammer posted:

Are Imperial Navy lances considered part of the Las weapon family?

I'd say so, yeah

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

They don't start with "las" so no :colbert:

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
I think they're fuckoff huge plasma guns

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Aaronicon posted:

I think they're fuckoff huge plasma guns

That's the nova cannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
IIRC Lance weapons are a category that include any extremely long range naval weapon and might include las weapons, solid shot, plasma or other esoteric weapons, depending on the ship.