Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Did anyone care about the super old church getting bombed and killing 200 people? I would have thought it would cause as much outrage as the hospital, if not more because Christians in the U.S. love to yap about how much they support their oppressed brethren in the Middle East.

American churches aren't about all that hippie stuff, they're a place for old people who don't do social media to go catch up on all the past week's gossip and back biting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

PostNouveau posted:

Did anyone care about the super old church getting bombed and killing 200 people? I would have thought it would cause as much outrage as the hospital, if not more because Christians in the U.S. love to yap about how much they support their oppressed brethren in the Middle East.

American evangelicals : other christians :: Israelis : Ethiopian Jews

Hope this helps

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

seriously why is Israel being so weird about the ground invasion? why so many delays? are they doing it or not?

Because they know it would be a disaster for them. The IDF would likely take 5 digit casualties, and success is still far from guaranteed.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

The only unions America are really paying attention to right now are the Hollywood unions and the UAW and neither of those groups need to step into foreign politics they are domestic labor unions
I got a "stand with Israel" letter from my loving elementary school

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Al! posted:

lol, please provide evidence to refute my vibes about the evidence you provided

They are not my “vibes.” For one thing, they are on articles dated from the 17th, right when this happened, when it was still night in Gaza

Edit: israel obviously bombed the hospital. Not my point

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

That's all a union was ever supposed to be

It's a way to collectively bargain with your job for better labor conditions

It's not your personal line to Congress

This is what Lenin was talking about when he said that without a communist vanguard party the proletariat would only ever get as far as trade union consciousness

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nonsense posted:

There will be no change in status with the Arab World, Israel no longer feels the need to give Palestinians any kind of independence.

There was a speech I can't find that the Saudi prince who is in charge of intelligence gave where he was absolutely spitting truth on the i/p conflict when they were literally trying to normalize relations with Israel 2 weeks ago completely ignoring the plight of the Palestinian people. Now they get to take the moral high ground?

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

permaban brown moses for literally trying to deny genocide

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

SeANMcBAY posted:

seriously why is Israel being so weird about the ground invasion? why so many delays? are they doing it or not?

Because they are terrified of it and not equipped to do it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

They are not my “vibes.” For one thing, they are on articles dated from the 17th, right when this happened, when it was still night in Gaza

Edit: israel obviously bombed the hospital. Not my point

News stories often get updated after their original publication date

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Sherbert Hoover posted:

yeah that seems to be the case and i'm sure there were casualties from those in the rooms nearest the parking lot. but all most people hear is that it wasn't a strike on the hospital after all.
if this was an airbursted 1000-2000 lbs bomb over the hospital parking lot to maximize damage to people, that would be a strike on the hospital

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Because they have to untrain the idf soldier instinct to dump all yheir ammo into the first vaguely arab shape
untrain???

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

There are at least 400,000 pissed off fighting age men, women, and teenagers that Israel just radicalized OP.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

VomitOnLino posted:

One last one, from Reuters of all places.

Look at the tiny crater they always love to show with the cars. Then to the left of it there is a yawning hole. Judging from how the cobble stones slough of in that direction as well I assume something stood there... once ..

Edit: Again I am not trying to show definite proof. But want to demonstrate that literally a moron like me can poke holes in this dumb rear end story in 2 minutes while sleep deprived

I love that people can watch the video of the strike, listen to the sound and see the explosion, and be like "yup, that dinky crater is from the rocket"

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Homocow posted:

untrain???

All their bullets are in Ukraine they gotta learn to single or double tap instead of just emptying magazines

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

VomitOnLino posted:

One last one, from Reuters of all places.

Look at the tiny crater they always love to show with the cars. Then to the left of it there is a yawning hole. Judging from how the cobble stones slough of in that direction as well I assume something stood there... once ..

Edit: Again I am not trying to show definite proof. But want to demonstrate that literally a moron like me can poke holes in this dumb rear end story in 2 minutes while sleep deprived

Look at the buildings in the distance. Look at all that damage caused by debris being propelled their direction. That much kinetic force would kill anyone in the vicinity. Yeah find me a hamas rocket that could do that

Pisses me off the loving shamelessness of the "intelligence community" downplaying the casualties at 100-300 when the who has already been saying its close to 500

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

mcmagic posted:

They were already blockading and bombing Gaza all the time. This to me sounds like just going back to status quo with a bit more bombing.

Yeah, I think this is what Israel is crossing its fingers for. I just don’t know if that is possible anymore, to put it nicely.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

mcmagic posted:

There was a speech I can't find that the Saudi prince who is in charge of intelligence gave where he was absolutely spitting truth on the i/p conflict when they were literally trying to normalize relations with Israel 2 weeks ago completely ignoring the plight of the Palestinian people. Now they get to take the moral high ground?

in the minds of the high and powerful the fate of Palestine has already been decided. Israel will be allowed to take Gaza and build their themed resort on the once ruined land, and the people will be moved or buried but either way forgotten. the decision has been made and all that remains is to wait out the time for the gears to turn and the charnel to be processed.

the problem is that no one can seem to decide who will deal the killing blow. Israel can’t or won’t, their cowardice underscored by their remote brutality. The US, famously adept with its left and right hands, fails to bring to bear power enough to make this a Gulf War event, over in a weekend and live on Twitch.tv.

currently we await the fate of an international game of chicken, and whoever loses determines the scope of the coming conflict.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Yeah, I think this is what Israel is crossing its fingers for. I just don’t know if that is possible anymore, to put it nicely.

Yeah the Israeli public is incredibly bloodthirsty right now.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The rocket Israel blamed for the hospital explosion clearly disintegrates in the sky in the video they themselves point to. I doubt even an intact rocket would align with the damage or the video of the strike but the shrapnel pieces of one certainly wouldn't.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

The rocket Israel blamed for the hospital explosion clearly disintegrates in the sky in the video they themselves point to. I doubt even an intact rocket would align with the damage or the video of the strike but the shrapnel pieces of one certainly wouldn't.

You don't have to go to bat for the internationally recognized terrorist organisation tbh

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

PostNouveau posted:

the kinds of christians who cheerlead israel don't give a single poo poo about the kinds of christians who attend orthodox churches in the middle east and probably consider them heretics

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

PostNouveau posted:

that seems charitable, my view of christians in the us is that they tend to have deeply stereotypical perceptual regional views of the middle east where it's just agriba where everyone is an evil mohammidean from central casting constantly blowing up wearing a suicide vest.

i'd honestly be interested to know what percent of the public is aware of basic poo poo like that there are, broadly, two main sects of islam with (to them) significant theological differences

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I love that people can watch the video of the strike, listen to the sound and see the explosion, and be like "yup, that dinky crater is from the rocket"
i'm assuming the video of the screeching rocket sound and massive explosion is censored in western media

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

FlapYoJacks posted:

You don't have to go to bat for the internationally recognized terrorist organisation tbh

but it helps

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

comedyblissoption posted:

i'm assuming the video of the screeching rocket sound and massive explosion is censored in western media

what is this video

for those of us that don’t read every 1000 posts made every hour

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Owlbear Camus posted:

that seems charitable, my view of christians in the us is that they tend to have deeply stereotypical perceptual regional views of the middle east where it's just agriba where everyone is an evil mohammidean from central casting constantly blowing up wearing a suicide vest.

i'd honestly be interested to know what percent of the public is aware of basic poo poo like that there are, broadly, two main sects of islam with (to them) significant theological differences

i would bet everything i own on the fact that less than half of americans could correctly answer "what are the two major sects of islam"

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FlapYoJacks posted:

how was he advocating for the idf?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i would bet everything i own on the fact that less than half of americans could correctly answer "what are the two major sects of islam"

You could bet 5% and win that bet. Half is way too generous.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

you take the blue pill, you wake up in Tel Aviv, like nothing ever happened

you take the red pill, I show you how deep the Hamas hole goes

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Owlbear Camus posted:

I live in the Bible Belt and I don't think I've ever heard an evangelical ever talk about the Eastern Orthodox church. It might as well not exist.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is what Lenin was talking about when he said that without a communist vanguard party the proletariat would only ever get as far as trade union consciousness

I was about to say if people are still thinking about the union discussion to check out "What is to be Done."
https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1901/witbd/

No country on earth is exactly like Russia in 1901, but the analysis of labor organizing under capitalism is still on point.

This relates to Palestine right now because the PFLP is one of armed factions participating in Al Aqsa Flood, and they follow a Marxist-Leninist analysis. You can check out some of their initial writings and analysis online as well.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

You could bet 5% and win that bet. Half is way too generous.

knowledge of the solinari and lunitari are lost in our modern age

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

FlapYoJacks posted:

This thread is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

External Organs posted:

I live in the Bible Belt and I don't think I've ever heard an evangelical ever talk about the Eastern Orthodox church. It might as well not exist.

a quick glance would tell them that they're even more wrapped up in liturgy than the catholics and they would say "ok so they're like weirder and even more heretical catholics, got it"

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Looney tunes rabbit season gif but it's the idf going back and forth between hospital season and church season

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I know next to nothing about Islam but I'd guess Shiite and Sunni

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

what is this video

for those of us that don’t read every 1000 posts made every hour

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1715027776791617990

For comparison here is Israel bombing an apartment building down the block from another huge hospital

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1714703569742422201

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I got a "stand with Israel" letter from my loving elementary school

You should not be going to elementary school still or are to young to be on these forums