Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I remember her for two things-

She got banned from Uber because she would verbally abuse Muslim/immigrant drivers

She insisted that someone slashed the tires on her car, even after a bunch of car people replied to her tweets with the tire pictures saying that her tires were just worn and blew out from wear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

mobby_6kl posted:

I was just listening to some Behind the Bastard episode and yeah I think she started by going to some "no-go" sharia law zones with Jacob Wohl and pretending they had to have body guards and armored car to just drive around a city lol.

God, it was so bizarre seeing the "no-go zones" myth get popularized, as someone whose job at the time regularly involved working with people in predominantly-Muslim neighborhoods in the Twin Cities. Like the worst I ever got was a little kid pointing at me and excitedly saying "white guy!" only to be shushed by his embarrassed mom. The collective white people myth that brown people will start chasing you down Serious Sam-style if you cross the wrong street would be hilarious to me if it wasn't so harmful.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I remember her for two things-

She got banned from Uber because she would verbally abuse Muslim/immigrant drivers

She insisted that someone slashed the tires on her car, even after a bunch of car people replied to her tweets with the tire pictures saying that her tires were just worn and blew out from wear

My favorite is her handcuffing herself to twitter headquarters but doing it in a way that people could still get in the building and just watching the video of them like desperately not trying to make eye contact with her when they walked in.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

God, it was so bizarre seeing the "no-go zones" myth get popularized, as someone whose job at the time regularly involved working with people in predominantly-Muslim neighborhoods in the Twin Cities. Like the worst I ever got was a little kid pointing at me and excitedly saying "white guy!" only to be shushed by his embarrassed mom. The collective white people myth that brown people will start chasing you down Serious Sam-style if you cross the wrong street would be hilarious to me if it wasn't so harmful.

And of course the neighborhood that her and Wohl were walking around is totally fine. All you're getting there is (was - RIP Triple Rock) some punk rock and Somali food.

But her other greatest hits included:
Chaining herself to Twitter headquarters and getting ignored.
Hitting on a racist and getting turned down.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Her tire was so rotten it looked like a trailer tire that had been left outside for a decade.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Tony Phillips posted:

And of course the neighborhood that her and Wohl were walking around is totally fine. All you're getting there is (was - RIP Triple Rock) some punk rock and Somali food.

But her other greatest hits included:
Chaining herself to Twitter headquarters and getting ignored.
Hitting on a racist and getting turned down.

Been a while, but I remember that last one being incredibly pathetic, too. Didn't she say something about how good their children would be and talking about her "big tits and Ashkenazi IQ" or something to him, too?

(Spoiled in case I'm wrong because it's so stupid).

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Sephyr posted:

Levin is a mystery to me. I can't see why anyone, even the most crack-smoking deranged chud, would listen to him.

At least Ben Shapiro has the "young guy telling old racists all the things they already believe" vibe, so he can be their fake reactionary nerd son.

But Levin has a bad voice, no sense of humor, no flow, not even possibly amusing crazy theories like Alex Jones. It's just a guy telling you the browns will murder you next week in the whiniest tone possible, forever.

Is Levin the one that sounds like a cracked-out Dana Snyder?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes her hitting on a literal Nazi was just pathetic. Although her getting a bunch of plastic surgery tells me she has some major self esteem issues

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Neito posted:

Is Levin the one that sounds like a cracked-out Dana Snyder?
Yes he’s Master Shake

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

LionYeti posted:

My favorite is her handcuffing herself to twitter headquarters but doing it in a way that people could still get in the building and just watching the video of them like desperately not trying to make eye contact with her when they walked in.

Didn't someone in twitter's management send her down a sandwich or something during that?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes her hitting on a literal Nazi was just pathetic. Although her getting a bunch of plastic surgery tells me she has some major self esteem issues

If I remember right she had her nose done specifically to "look less Jewish." So yeah, most likely deep-seated self-loathing baked in there.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

mojo1701a posted:

Been a while, but I remember that last one being incredibly pathetic, too. Didn't she say something about how good their children would be and talking about her "big tits and Ashkenazi IQ" or something to him, too?

(Spoiled in case I'm wrong because it's so stupid).

I think it was also Roger Stone joking about having a baby with her, but then hastening to add that it would be done through artificial insemination.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
Wonder how he'll pay for it: Alex Jones must pay $1.1 billion of Sandy Hook damages despite bankruptcy - court

"NEW YORK, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones cannot use his personal bankruptcy to escape paying at least $1.1 billion in defamation damages stemming from his repeated lies about the 2012 Sandy Hook elementary school massacre, a U.S. bankruptcy judge ruled Thursday.

Bankruptcy can be used to wipe out debts and legal judgments, but not if they result from "willful or malicious injury" caused by the debtor, according to a decision by U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Christopher Lopez in Houston, Texas.

Courts in Connecticut and Texas have already ruled that Jones intentionally defamed relatives of school children killed in the mass shooting, and they have ordered Jones to pay $1.5 billion in damages.

Lopez ruled that more than $1.1 billion of those verdicts, awarded for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress, cannot be wiped away in bankruptcy. But he ruled that other parts of the verdicts, including $324 million in attorneys' fees that were awarded as punitive damages in the Connecticut case, could possibly be discharged.

It was not clear whether those punitive damages were attributable to "willful" and "malicious" lies, or whether they could instead be attributed to merely "reckless" conduct, Lopez wrote. Lopez said he will hold a trial to sort out the precise amount of the damages that could be discharged.

Attorneys for Jones and the Sandy Hook families did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Biden is Carter II?
https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1714987354287387099?t=GGCafQNO2tbiSrigqs79dg&s=19

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Every Dem president is the worst since Carter, the worst of all time!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

HootTheOwl posted:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Carter declared the Persian Gulf an area of strategic importance to America, and by the best accounting of our time in the Mideast began the series of wars we participated in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter_Doctrine?wprov=sfti1#Implementation

It’s impossible to be a good American president, contradiction of terms.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

No harm in trying to get Trump to make a deal with Hamas.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Allegedly Hamas released some American hostages

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Hot take: I don't think the vast majority of Americans give a poo poo about the hostages (e: or the whole Israel/Palestine situation in general.) We have changed since then.

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 20, 2023

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

selec posted:

Carter declared the Persian Gulf an area of strategic importance to America, and by the best accounting of our time in the Mideast began the series of wars we participated in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter_Doctrine?wprov=sfti1#Implementation

It’s impossible to be a good American president, contradiction of terms.

It's time for a secular cadaver synod

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

Allegedly Hamas released some American hostages

Biden negotiating with terrorists for the release of hostages! Traitor wimp weakling unamerican! You never would have seen a Republican president offering terrorists anything in exchange for hostages!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Also they weren't taken hostage after an attack on a US embassy. That's a pretty big difference.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Bel Shazar posted:

You'll have to wait. He's not dead yet.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Also they weren't taken hostage after an attack on a US embassy. That's a pretty big difference.

Also Ronald Reagan wasn't around this time to purposefully sabotage things in order to make himself look good.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Queering Wheel posted:

Hot take: I don't think the vast majority of Americans give a poo poo about the hostages (e: or the whole Israel/Palestine situation in general.) We have changed since then.

I think you can look at Jamal Khashoggi and LIV golf if you want to see what people actually care about

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Carter commuted G Gordon Liddy's sentence and let the fucker out of prison. Maybe that doesn't rank as high on the list of bad things but it stands out as a singularly stupid move with no good outcomes.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Bel Shazar posted:

You'll have to wait until he dies to do that.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

Also Ronald Reagan wasn't around this time to purposefully sabotage things in order to make himself look good.

As though Trump wouldn’t?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
going from NPR and BBC, the coverage is also not as super Israel as I thought it would be so theres that.

i dunno, feels like the Congressional LOLs is sucking a ton of oxygen out of the room.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Neito posted:

You'll have to wait until he dies to do that.

Let's start at the 1st president and work our way forward from there.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

HootTheOwl posted:

And increasingly the most liberal far left radical threat ever. I've been hearing for 20 years now that just one more Democratic presidential term will be the end of America.

I also happened to catch Biden's speech last night on the way home from work and couldn't find anything objectionable from a Republican standpoint. Boy was I wrong. Today I learned that every single thing he said was horrible and that he loves terrorists and hates Israel and why are we spending all this money. I guess the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have been forgotten. I wondered as I was listening to it exactly where and how talk radio was gonna lay into him because I couldn't pinpoint much even though I was trying and also imagined the same words being spoken by Reagan or Bush; because the speech would have gone down easily in either of those cases.

I had a few problems with it from my standpoint but, as usual, they weren't the ones the RW pundits held.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Only Republicans can somehow simultaneously dogwhistle about (((those people))) and clutch pearls about how 'antisemitic' a bunch of high school protestors in San Francisco are acting :allears:.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
They are going of on Greta Thunberg today because she posted an anti war image that had an octopus plushie in it.
Which others say is a tool to help the autistic but they claim it is a 'im a secret nazi' dogwhistle.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/greta-thunberg-octopus-palestine-israel-gaza-1234859322/
"Predictably, many criticized her post for failing to condemn the terrorist group Hamas’s Oct. 7 surprise on Israel, which left at least 1,400 people dead, many of whom were civilians. Perhaps less predictably, however, others focused on the octopus, interpreting it to be a kraken, a mythical, multi-tentacled sea beast that was occasionally used in Nazi iconography."

They hate her so much.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

OgNar posted:

They are going of on Greta Thunberg today because she posted an anti war image that had an octopus plushie in it.
Which others say is a tool to help the autistic but they claim it is a 'im a secret nazi' dogwhistle.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/greta-thunberg-octopus-palestine-israel-gaza-1234859322/
"Predictably, many criticized her post for failing to condemn the terrorist group Hamas’s Oct. 7 surprise on Israel, which left at least 1,400 people dead, many of whom were civilians. Perhaps less predictably, however, others focused on the octopus, interpreting it to be a kraken, a mythical, multi-tentacled sea beast that was occasionally used in Nazi iconography."

They hate her so much.

So wait....now the kraken is bad? But it wasn't when Sydney Powell that said to release it re: Trump's fake election BS?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Bel Shazar posted:

Let's start at the 1st president and work our way forward from there.
Benjamin Franklin :hai:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

OgNar posted:

They hate her so much.

Unfortunately Greta responded by cropping out the octopus in the photo, which just serves to reinforce their belief that she was being antisemitic. Should have doubled down.

If these things were such an anti Semitic image then you'd have seen Nazis in Charlottesville wearing them. How could they possibly miss out on the most benign dogwhistle since the OK hand symbol?

Kale
May 14, 2010

I'm still kind of awestruck by, especially considering how long right wing people have been going on about it, they're inability to articulate in any meaningful way what their grievance is with "woke culture", why anyone should really loving care beyond them bringing it up as a talking point at random when they seemingly have nothing else to talk about, or to even actually define "woke" other than that it apparently exists and everyone should be rejecting it. You kind of have to hand it to RWM grifters in selling people this particular grievance well and what looks to be the actual thought control being "force fed down people's throats" cause none of it makes any loving sense.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kale posted:

I'm still kind of awestruck by, especially considering how long right wing people have been going on about it, they're inability to articulate in any meaningful way what their grievance is with "woke culture", why anyone should really loving care beyond them bringing it up as a talking point at random when they seemingly have nothing else to talk about, or to even actually define "woke" other than that it apparently exists and everyone should be rejecting it. You kind of have to hand it to RWM grifters in selling people this particular grievance well and what looks to be the actual thought control being "force fed down people's throats" cause none of it makes any loving sense.

They know what it means

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Kale posted:

It doesn't need an articulable definition, it's strictly a form of political otherization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kale posted:

This sums it up pretty well. The tweet is about critical race theory but it all falls under the same umbrella.
https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1371540368714428416?t=NWYUnpxB43_jku4Y1gQ97Q&s=19

Why should anyone care? It's less about caring and more about making wokeness, a broad, nebulous topic, absolutely toxic in the discourse. "Go woke go broke", scaring lib politicians away from anything associated as 'woke' and treating it as toxic and dangerous.

Solidarity for Palestinians is woke and thus so is supporting people who committed mass murder against Jews (disagree and have fun getting a decapitated charred baby corpse photo sent your way). Supporting people that have proven to have killed Jews is bad, so solidarity for Palestinians is bad, and solidarity for Palestinians is woke, so other woke things comparable to this topic can also be viewed as a threat to be smashed down.

More specifically, wokeness gets seen as this subjective moral value that changes at the whims of the woke. This is why the right freaks out so much about it, in their paranoid minds a woke person can just arbitrarily decide "my opinions=good, your opinions=bad". This connects with their hostility to DEI and CRT- that some huge faceless government bureaucracy can just arbitrarily excommunicate a conservative for WrongThink and they will have no recourse.