Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

emfive posted:

they're like 3 inches tall

what a sick fetish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

thanks for this awful poo poo, great content

it's a person in a car offering an urgent update via car

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

I hope he pays the fine like a bitch

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

did you losers get a speaker for your circus yet or whats the holdup?

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

CODChimera posted:

yeah we got Polk Audio stuff

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

https://www.ktvu.com/news/man-arrested-for-faking-heart-attack-at-over-20-restaurants-to-avoid-paying-bill-reports-say

quote:

ALICANTE, Spain - A 50-year-old man from Lithuania was recently arrested in Spain after allegedly faking heart attacks at several restaurants in order to avoid paying the bill, according to multiple local news reports.

The man, who was identified only as Aidas J. but has become known locally as the "gastrojeta," has tried the scam at least 20 times over the past year at different restaurants near Alicante, according to the Spanish newspaper El País and Spain's EFE news agency.

Most recently, the man ordered a seafood paella and two whiskeys at the El Buen Comer restaurant-tapería in late September and had a bill of 34.85 euros (about $36.80 USD), the newspapers reported.

The man attempted to leave without paying, but restaurant staff stopped him and noted how he still needed to pay the bill, according to EFE, citing El Buen Comer manager Moisés Doménech.

The scammer became visibly upset and said he was going to get the money from his hotel room, EFE reported. When staff refused to let him leave without paying, the man dramatically threw himself on the ground and pretended to have a heart attack, according to the news outlet.

Not fooled, the staff called the police instead of an ambulance, and the man was recognized by local authorities, according to EFE.

The restaurateurs said the man doesn't speak Spanish well, although he does seem to understand it, El País reported.

The man’s image had reportedly been shared among many area restaurants to try and stop him from striking again, according to the local news outlets.

The Alicante National Police did not immediately respond to a request for comment. But a spokesperson told Insider that the man was, indeed, a repeat offender.

"He was arrested multiple times in the city of Alicante. The modus operandi was the same," the spokesperson told Insider.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

imo just post the pictures here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I made the perfect threats and they fined me!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Lmao try this once in america and your hospital bill will be 6 figures.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Bearjew posted:

yeah we got Polk Audio stuff

personally I'm a psb fan but these things are completely subjective

what matters is the quality of titanium in the little speaker cable towers that run from your amp to the speakers

gregday
May 23, 2003

king

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

emfive posted:

it's hard to overstate how irritating it is to hear that quoted so often. I mean, not from you Filthy Hans. It often is used in regard to actual winter, which is extremely stupid.

also Richard III is really not one of the best plays. I mean, it's really good in absolute terms, but it's kind-of weak relative to the other history plays. Well some of them.

The movie adaptation of Richard III is not to be missed though, it's some of Ian McKellan's best work

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Anything stupid and funny happen in this US of A today? Also
who is the donalp trumo guy is he cool?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

Lmao try this once in america and your hospital bill will be 6 figures.

and good luck getting a seafood paella with two whiskies that cheap!

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

emfive posted:

they're like 3 inches tall

e: but they have hand-stitched dresses

No, they asked for a 3 inch pianist

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

absolutely perfect, untarnished record of trunpm DESTROYED by judge [first offense]

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I've been taking my mind off of Intifada Redux by watching Korean gangster films

does every single one feature an adorable little girl saving the soul of a conflicted hitman, because it sure seems that way

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

the question is: do any of these people have a plan to pass a bill that will fund the government while simultaneously meeting all of the republican party's requirements for such a bill and also having it be something that joe biden will sign?

the plan is to refuse to compromise and assume that Biden and the dems will cave (which is actually makes a lot of sense considering how loving useless the democrats are)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

sword of chang has nothing on this legendary steel

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

wow panera sells caffeinated beverages, news at 11. why would anyone get sued?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

VideoKid posted:

the plan is to refuse to compromise and assume that Biden and the dems will cave (which is actually makes a lot of sense considering how loving useless the democrats are)

hoping the democrats cave is always a safe bet, but i'd put the chances of it happening lower than they were a few months ago due to

*gestures at the House GOP caucus*

that

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
that just makes me want to try one tbh

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i mean, let's just say lauren boebert becomes speaker. how exactly does that increase the likelihood of avoiding a shutdown

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
imagine identifying g as an elected republican

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

CODChimera posted:

yeah it's me

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Love these

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Trump, who was fined in his civil fraud case for leaving a post targeting a court staffer on his campaign website, is targeting the gag order imposed by Tanya Chutkan in the D.C. criminal case over alleged 2020 election subversion. His team argues in the filing that no court has ever imposed such a restrictive order on "a criminal defendant who is campaigning for public office—least of all, on the leading candidate for President of the United States."

"Given its extraordinary nature, one would expect an extraordinary and compelling justification for the Gag Order," Trump's legal team wrote in the Friday filing.

The brief continues on:

"But that is conspicuously absent. Instead, the Court generically states it must enter the Gag Order to prevent supposed 'threats' and 'harassment.' This theory falters under even minimal scrutiny."

The filing relies upon the claims that Trump, who risks being jailed or hit with harsher financial penalties if he oversteps an order again, "has not unlawfully threatened or harassed anyone."

"Thus, unsurprisingly, the prosecution presents no witness who says they feel threatened or harassed by President Trump," according to the filing.

The motion argues that, "unable to justify the Gag Order based on President Trump’s actions, the prosecution pivots to third parties, alleging that unnamed others, outside of President Trump’s control."

"Such concerns cannot justify the Gag Order," Trump's lawyers argue in the brief seeking a stay of the order during appeal. "The Supreme Court has repeatedly explained that citizens of this country cannot be censored based on a fear of what others might do."

The motion goes on to argue that "this violation of the First Amendment is egregious and intolerable."

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ex post facho posted:

i mean, let's just say lauren boebert becomes speaker. how exactly does that increase the likelihood of avoiding a shutdown

I'm sure she can squeeze out a compromise, although later on she may wash her hands of it

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

The movie adaptation of Richard III is not to be missed though, it's some of Ian McKellan's best work

yea that's good, agreed 100%

his cheap-rear end BBC MacBeth is also really good

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

bebop esq posted:

yeah it's me

what did you do with TacoDaemon

the thread will pay the ransom but we need proof of life first

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

ex post facho posted:

maybe some under the table hand wringing, wink wink

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

bebop esq posted:

wow panera sells caffeinated beverages, news at 11. why would anyone get sued?
:sludgepal: the beans, bop...
I bet you like your coffee like you like your SO's:
Strong, dark, and coasting on a saucer with a lil spoon
:coffeepal:

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

There's a BBC "Antony and Cleopatra" from that same series that has Picard as Enobarbus, it is also extremely worth watching. That's a great play that nobody puts on nowadays. Cleopatra is possibly the best, certainly one of the best, female leads in Shakespeare.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
260mg caffeine per drink is loving wild lol

i think most 16 oz energy drinks are like 150-200 max

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

emfive posted:

There's a BBC "Antony and Cleopatra" from that same series that has Picard as Enobarbus, it is also extremely worth watching. That's a great play that nobody puts on nowadays. Cleopatra is possibly the best, certainly one of the best, female leads in Shakespeare.

did you tell William that when you met him

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Filthy Hans posted:

what did you do with TacoDaemon

the thread will pay the ransom but we need proof of life first

I hope she is enjoying shows & nature and whatever she likes to do away from these cursed forums, and she will be welcomed back if she chooses to return

You can still pay me though

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Pay up, Filthy Hans.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Lux Anima posted:

:sludgepal: the beans, bop...
I bet you like your coffee like you like your SO's:
Strong, dark, and coasting on a saucer with a lil spoon
:coffeepal:

lol

you are right, i do like my men how i like my coffee: nowhere to be found in my house

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
my 6 yo daughter loves the lemonade from Panera and I had the same "holy poo poo HOW much caffiene is in this again" moment, now I realize exactly why it just so happens to be hard to put her to bed those nights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lmao my preworkout has 190g of caffiene