Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

no reason for anyone to go to br*tain much less eat any of the food they got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
holy poo poo, just posting that, i hope matt gets well soon.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Ok since I heard this story secondhand I asked for more details:

-not her first time outside the US but her first time in England
-this was specifically in London
-the lecture about digestion came from her sister (American living in London) not the waiter but he did pause like it was an insane request and then came back with one large ice cube held with a pair of tongs which is a bizarre detail I was previously unaware of

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

oh right, that's normal

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oi! them yanks need a fancy acqua americano

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
American gets one bit of back chat off of a waiter and loses their mind. No wonder your empire is dying.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the battle in my head between the urge to poo poo on europeans vs the urge to support waitstaff being rude to customers

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

came back with one large ice cube held with a pair of tongs which is a bizarre detail I was previously unaware of
they use those big ice cubes for whiskey

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the battle in my head between the urge to poo poo on europeans vs the urge to support waitstaff being rude to customers

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

This is now a tipping culture thread btw

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Waiters who work at fancier, more expensive restaurants don't deserve the ridiculous increase in tips over what an inexpensive or chain restaurant waiter gets

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

There aren't a lot of redeeming qualities to any of the characters in this story, are there?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when i asked for ice in my cabernet and ketchup for my filet, the lovely eurotrash parisian waiter called me a hamburger pigdog and then went on a two-hour mandatory smoke break

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

First of all, I would and will never apologize for politely requesting an ice cold drink to go with my lovely overcooked steak :patriot:

Second of all, conflating the British with Europeans as a whole is frankly disgusting and you should all be ashamed

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i say swears online posted:

when i asked for ice in my cabernet and ketchup for my filet, the lovely eurotrash parisian waiter called me a hamburger pigdog and then went on a two-hour mandatory smoke break

Everything worked out as it should.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

our service industry shits all over the entire continent of Europe

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Will no disrespect but the trailers for Executive Decision telegraphed the hell out of that twist.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

how does the service in Australia fit into this conversation?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1715486452379951364?t=d1qlJ9haPhC2a3mFCYrcBg&s=19

:hmmyes:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tide goes in, tide goes out, Tactical Jerry Orbach? You can't explain that.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Now this is post maxi.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Hell yea matt, get em

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Christman reassembling himself like Dr Manhattan in order to Post

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Welcome back Matt

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

Return of the king

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I love that they're letting what mind of json is watching decide their movie episode picks now.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Cached Money posted:

I love that they're letting what mind of json is watching decide their movie episode picks now.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Cached Money posted:

"Open Casket Sandwich" is a hilarious and accurate description of that dude's meals.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I can see this.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

It’s of course excellent but Americans don’t like it because we don’t do fake pleasantries enough for the average oafish midwesterner and do not tip, ever.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

In comprehensable. I'm worried about him. :ohdear:

e: tfw you gross your own hhyswixw :negative:

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 21, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Scholtz posted:

In comprehensable

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The IMDB page for 57 seconds does not list a character named Ingraham, and searching for 57 Seconds Ingraham only brings up the Chapo episode. I think they imagined that character.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Gripweed posted:

The IMDB page for 57 seconds does not list a character named Ingraham, and searching for 57 Seconds Ingraham only brings up the Chapo episode. I think they imagined that character.

I watched the trailer, and there was no glowy blue cyborg tattoo guy. There were a few shots of Josh Hutcherson talking to Morgan Freeman in an empty room though :tinfoil:

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 21, 2023

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

It is June 18th, 2017. I am screaming my head off at Meghan McCardle as she talks about the Grenfell Tower fire.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Threw me through a loop when I decided to go ahead and watch The Crazies as part of catching up on Romero stuff after they mentioned it on the podcast and they really mixed up the ending.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Gripweed posted:

I similarly can't find any sign of Blue Darth Maul.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

KoRMaK posted:

"oi jacko-o, this bloody cracker of a shelia just asked for a cold blocko in her waterrino! yea, i naaouu!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cosmik Slop posted:

It is June 18th, 2017. I am screaming my head off at Meghan McCardle as she talks about the Grenfell Tower fire.