Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Meowywitch posted:

ughhhh I accidentally turned off 2x again, it's so disgusting (dont recommend)

It's cool for story fights but also it is shockingly slow feeling at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

If you on 1x long enough it feels fine, but if you swap from 2x to 1x your eyes have adjusted to 2x so 1x feels like torture. The feeling will pass eventually if you prefer that. I prefer 1x just for the full voice lines but I def get why people prefer 2x. It's been said many times but I'd love a 1.5x.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Hmph, this is double speed?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

JL sounds way more batshit at 1x

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Traveller posted:

JL sounds way more batshit at 1x

Yeah her insane laugh is so good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

oh right I've been putting off most of the characters' personal quests and I just did Luka's and I forgot these are Hoyoverse games I'm playing

gotta inject that sweet sweet misery

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Even if you adjust I think it's pretty obvious 1x speed is not actually 'normal' speed and is slower so 2x speed doesn't look just as fast. It's silly, would like a genuine 1x speed option.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Eimi posted:

If you on 1x long enough it feels fine, but if you swap from 2x to 1x your eyes have adjusted to 2x so 1x feels like torture. The feeling will pass eventually if you prefer that. I prefer 1x just for the full voice lines but I def get why people prefer 2x. It's been said many times but I'd love a 1.5x.

You said this last time and I will say again, it's not just a matter of being used to 2x! Some animations in 1x are just slowmo. I am being jokingly combative.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
My favourite 1x animation is Natasha's grenade launcher, which follows the ballistic trajectory of an air-filled balloon batted gently across a room

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Love to get double crit and speed artifacts that roll flat attack for their fourth stat and also flat attack for every level up.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Blade and Jingliu in the same room, I think I cut myself from how edgy everything was

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Swarm Disaster lore rocks we better get to fight Oroboros at some point

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Xalidur posted:

Love to get double crit and speed artifacts that roll flat attack for their fourth stat and also flat attack for every level up.

i know that it's like this on purpose to force people to grind more and i hate the relic system so loving much

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'd be more tolerant of the relic system if the flat non-SPD stats don't exist, but they do and that's just spiteful

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

blizzardvizard posted:

I'd be more tolerant of the relic system if the flat non-SPD stats don't exist, but they do and that's just spiteful

Or if they counted as base stats so they weren't so loving awful.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I got a pair of spd boots with flat atk but double crit! So I level it excited and see what I got for taking it to 15.

1 cdmg roll 2 def% rolls, and the rest into flat atk.... :negative:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
farming substats is definitely my very last priority. until then it's all good enough

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i seem to be very lucky with critdam rolls, but rarely ever get crit rate.

luckily a lot of the 5* have a lot of free crit rate in their traces or personal LCs

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

Finally got around to finishing all 30 stars, I think I could have done it last week I just didn't have the time to sit down and do it. With the IPC goons being fire and ice weak, himeko and Pela do a great job keeping them broken/stealing their bonuses while somebody else (blade) kills them all

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It'd be nice if we got an item to guarantee sub stat rolls like we do when crafting for main stats

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Kiavahr posted:

Finally got around to finishing all 30 stars, I think I could have done it last week I just didn't have the time to sit down and do it. With the IPC goons being fire and ice weak, himeko and Pela do a great job keeping them broken/stealing their bonuses while somebody else (blade) kills them all

I had fireMC accompany Himeko and Pela for additional break! I don't have a massive dps like Blade though, so when it came to the apes in MOC10 I had to change up the formula.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I just got into this cause of the PS5 launch, are there any good combos I should look out for, or unusually good 4 stars. I know Himiko and Herta work together well, and have both of them, but need to relic farm both of them. Other then that I have the banner ice character, Healer dragon girl, and the ice sword boy for 5 stars. JL and the dragon are basically permanently on my team since I'm so new and they are carrying me. Still using MC and then swapping between Yukong, Dan Heng, and the gambler for weaknesses at the moment, but my team doesn't feel cohesive at the moment. I feel like I could use Tingyun in the 4th slot to keep advancing JL's turn, but I don't like double stacking 2 of the same element at this point.

Only at AR 38 right now, so my stuff is level 50 max.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Welcome. The best 4*s are certainly the supportive ones. Tingyun is among the nest characters in the entire game, let alone 4*s so you cannot go wrong investing in her. Pela is extremely notable too, she pairs great with Jingliu. Asta, who you are guaranteed to have, scales incredibly well with extra copies so if you have her at e4 and beyond she's great too. Yukong can be VERY powerful but she relies on a process called speed tuning, where you try to set her spd to act right before whoever your main dps is, and generally is really hard to make work before e6.

Qingque at high eidolon levels is also a premiere damage dealer but she needs e4+ to compete, kind of like Asta. Sushang at e1 can be a very efficient physical damage dealer. Sampo and Luka she both key units if you enjoy DoT gameplay, though you will also need Kafka who is a 5* to really leverage them. Hook is a boring but decently strong fire dps but not much reason to build her if you have Himeko. The less cool Dan Heng is also in the role of Hook.

Nat, Lynx, and March 7th all fall into the role of "usable" as 4* sustain. As Bailu should show the 5* versions are just a lot more comfortable so you'll only want to build the 4* versions if you really like them, or if you just don't have another option for your second team.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 20, 2023

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Finally got my first 30-star MoC, will find out next reset if it’s purely due to the gimmick or if my built FX and partly built Jingliu are just that good.

Eimi posted:

Pela is extremely notable too, she pairs great with Jingliu.
Hijacking to ask: why exactly is this, and if it’s because of Pela’s defense shred (eg same reason Prydwen bewilderingly recommends the quantum relic 4pc for Jingliu), why does Jingliu want def shred more than all the other DPS units?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

while i'm not sure about why JingLiu would want def reduce more than others, Pelas E4 reduces enemies Ice RES på 12%, thereby just making JingLiu much stronger.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

bitprophet posted:

Finally got my first 30-star MoC, will find out next reset if it’s purely due to the gimmick or if my built FX and partly built Jingliu are just that good.

Hijacking to ask: why exactly is this, and if it’s because of Pela’s defense shred (eg same reason Prydwen bewilderingly recommends the quantum relic 4pc for Jingliu), why does Jingliu want def shred more than all the other DPS units?

So in general, defense down is a powerful debuff, and because it's aoe it will benefit a unit like Jingliu who cleaves, more than Silver Wolf's more focused single target shred. As well at E4 Pela's skill will shred ice resistance for 2 turns, which is another very powerful amplifier.

As for why they recommend the quantum set, it is because at high levels of investment, with Jingliu's personal light cone and presuming Pela is equipped with Resolution Shines like Pearls of Sweat at s5, the quantum set pushes the shred value to be 100%, which is the biggest increase you can have for damage done. If you do not have Jingliu's personal, the only way you'd achieve that is with SW and Pela run together, but then you wouldn't need the quantum set either. In general the qunatum set will be second best for all but the most specialized damage dealers, just due to the power of defense shred.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

bitprophet posted:

Unlike every other means of increasing damage, defense reduction doesn't suffer from diminishing returns. Jingliu's signature light cone gives her defense shred, and combining it, Pela, and the Quantum set gives her up to 72% defense reduction, which is absurd. If you don't have her signature cone, it's not quite as good.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I think it's more that the Ice set just kinda sux

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
In addition, Jingliu gives herself a LOT of attack and crit rate, so she hits diminishing returns on them easier than most characters, which is another point in favor of defense shred.

Also, while having a wide variety of damage types tends to be good for walking around not knowing exactly what you're facing, consolidating around a couple is good for when you DO know what you're facing, which tends to be most farming and challenge content. Since it allows you to hammer on weaknesses even more.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I got a t4 ting today

Still no Jing
I'm starting to get lesbian terror

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

I got a t4 ting today

Still no Jing
I'm starting to get lesbian terror

:ohdear:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Anora posted:

I just got into this cause of the PS5 launch, are there any good combos I should look out for, or unusually good 4 stars. I know Himiko and Herta work together well, and have both of them, but need to relic farm both of them. Other then that I have the banner ice character, Healer dragon girl, and the ice sword boy for 5 stars. JL and the dragon are basically permanently on my team since I'm so new and they are carrying me. Still using MC and then swapping between Yukong, Dan Heng, and the gambler for weaknesses at the moment, but my team doesn't feel cohesive at the moment. I feel like I could use Tingyun in the 4th slot to keep advancing JL's turn, but I don't like double stacking 2 of the same element at this point.

Only at AR 38 right now, so my stuff is level 50 max.

Eimi posted:

Nat, Lynx, and March 7th all fall into the role of "usable" as 4* sustain. As Bailu should show the 5* versions are just a lot more comfortable so you'll only want to build the 4* versions if you really like them, or if you just don't have another option for your second team.

One thing to be aware of is that Bailu does not have the ability to remove debuffs. You may want to build Natasha, Lynx, or March 7th at some point because of that. It's not especially urgent but your second team will need a sustain anyway. Lynx is my favorite since her ultimate cleanses the whole team at once, and if debuffs are a problem that is usually helpful.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat, Jingliu whupped Blade's rear end. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get more from that quest besides a lot of "stay tuned" but I guess they had to directly and clearly explain what's going on with the Quintet.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyl_6oXbkGM

A mish-mash of gear, as long as it has SPD stats on it lol

165 SPD

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Thanks for the info re: Jingliu. I gotta remember that Prydwen often assumes things like “well obviously you’re blowing stacks of cash on the freakin’ weapon banner”. Surprise, I do not have her LC! I will remember that Pela is good for her though, I’d forgotten about that particular eidolon.

Unrelated: gently caress I hate accidentally using Swarm dice which replace random tiles on the board, only for them to replace the goddamn final respite zone when I have nowhere else to spend all the money I was hoarding for blessing improvements :argh:

EDIT: also Remembrance sucks hard in Swarm V. Not sure I’ll ever get it to work without incredible blessings luck (such as hitting all the good Remembrance ones and getting enough defensive off-path stuff).

bitprophet fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 21, 2023

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Guinaifen is the active ingredient in an over the counter cough medicine, not a name

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I liked the explanation that it's a Chinese butchering of her actual name.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

bitprophet posted:

Thanks for the info re: Jingliu. I gotta remember that Prydwen often assumes things like “well obviously you’re blowing stacks of cash on the freakin’ weapon banner”. Surprise, I do not have her LC! I will remember that Pela is good for her though, I’d forgotten about that particular eidolon.
They do provide some explanation if you expand the section about relic details.

Gilg fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 21, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Didn't get lucky after 60 or so more rolls so I'm going to just pop pity on Topaz instead of getting Jing E1 I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

bitprophet posted:

Unrelated: gently caress I hate accidentally using Swarm dice which replace random tiles on the board, only for them to replace the goddamn final respite zone when I have nowhere else to spend all the money I was hoarding for blessing improvements :argh:

EDIT: also Remembrance sucks hard in Swarm V. Not sure I’ll ever get it to work without incredible blessings luck (such as hitting all the good Remembrance ones and getting enough defensive off-path stuff).

They do show relative DPS between ideal LC options. Her LC is about 15% better than S5 Fall of Aeons.

Clarste posted:

I liked the explanation that it's a Chinese Sushang's country bumpkin butchering of her actual name.