Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Kinda has a CYELATM vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Spacetrawler

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Thank you for the compliments on my psychology comic!

GREAT
by Ryan Armand

I really like how Barnie speaking baby nonsense is drawn here.

Finnish psychology comix

Hempuli posted:

2/2019 - Scientific Method
I'll start posting these in chronological order, although as said I'll happily skip any if they're too hard to translate (or for any other reason, really).
1/2014 - Fake psychology

Note:
- There was some hubbub about fraudulent doctors and psychologists around the time this was made; I can only recall a fake doctor being busted, but seeing this makes me feel that there was also a case of a fake psychologist being found out about that I've just forgotten.
- I went with "fake" instead of "impostor" or "fraudulent" because it's easier to tie with other words for the various puns.
- The joke isn't directly related to impostor syndrome, but afaik that one's especially prevalent among psychologists. Makes sense, since the outcomes of clinical psychology are quite difficult to evaluate compared to some other fields.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I love gay food manga and everyone should read it, but this manga is licensed in English and is currently being published by yenpress (volume three released literally 3 days ago) so maybe it shouldn't be posted?

Be cool

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I absolutely hated Tidus. Not for his initial faults which were entirely human and relatable, but because of poo poo he does in the third act that isn't treated as a flaw. FFX-2 is a top tier Final Fantasy and I felt very vindicated by this eight second clip that sums up my feelings on the matter.
Hell yes

Spirit Circle

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

She Loves To Cook, And She Loves To Eat

Youremother has a new favorite as of 01:03 on Oct 21, 2023

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
oh it's just straight up feeder fetishism :sigh:

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
Give! Her! The food!

Also, there's a bunch of pages out of order there.

the holy poopacy posted:

Hmm did not think of that! That wouldn't be great.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Calexio posted:

Also, there's a bunch of pages out of order there.

Not anymore! That's great now I gotta double check if my HD's copy of it is all hosed

the holy poopacy posted:

Also, you reminding me of that sucks!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Jos3ph grabs a crossbow, but finds he's nowhere near strong enough to actually use it! Wumuu shoots a ball at Jos3ph and vaporizes a horse's head!

Read right to left:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

THE PAINTED HORSE

Moral: Always do your due diligence during a major purchase to ensure you do not accidentally buy a picture of your goods

STRANGE TALES FROM A CHINESE STUDIO

BADAWANG

Moral: Even in Ancient China they knew a microchip installed in your body have an expiry date
Alt Moral: Taking photos of beautiful people can get you married to them

This is the last scan of LiaoZai that is available online that I've found, but fear not! There's another series of strange tales from Ancient China by Tsai that's available called 六朝怪谈 (strangely titled "Spitting on Ghosts" in English but I think it should be more like "Strange Tales from Six Dynasties") (also 怪谈 is the chinese equivalent and kanji for Kwaidan, "strange stories being told") . I'll be posting those next and they should be shorter than the LiaoZai stuff. Not quite sure who wrote these but I'll be checking the book to see its history.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Video Game Cheats n' Beatums

Was this before they introduced an actual tiny mushroom powerup?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was this before they introduced an actual tiny mushroom powerup?

That appeared in New Super Mario Bros for the original Nintendo DS so this is almost certainly later. I doubt it's related though, just wanted to showcase my immaculate Tiny Mario Knowledge

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Excited for more thoroughly weird Chinese classics.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

STRANGE TALES FROM A CHINESE STUDIO

BADAWANG

I don't know if even five people will get the reference much less find it funny, but it amused me enough to do a lovely edit

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Kit Walker posted:

I don't know if even five people will get the reference much less find it funny, but it amused me enough to do a lovely edit

I get the reference and I chuckled at "what a beautiful badawang!", so thanks

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I knew the reference, but only as page on knowyourmeme, so it didn't really speak to me. The effort is acknowledged nonetheless.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
All you need to know is that "what a beautiful duwang! chew" is a real life example of what Joey's special experience emulates with the power of machine translation

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Kit Walker posted:

Well, you can count me among those five.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Well, a friend wanted some help naming their new wand today, and in the course of research it emerged that "ramus" is just Latin for "branch." Which is some useful background info for Bugler's Call.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hey, that's cool! I was kinda wondering about that word, seemed a little out of place.

Cooking Papa - Cook 5: Hearty Striped Beakfish Sashimi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpZSDENb0_M

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Valhalla

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

the holy poopacy posted:

I've been pointedly not thinking this because the big lady is huge rather than fat. I was hoping it was going to be "tiny lesbian who loves to cook woos muscular amazon through leftovers" but yeah this last page was way too on the nose.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 10:31 on Oct 21, 2023

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's a perfect fit for this thread then

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tree Bucket posted:

Well, a friend wanted some help naming their new wand today, and in the course of research it emerged that "ramus" is just Latin for "branch." Which is some useful background info for Bugler's Call.

Heh, seems fitting, like people who'd call their big gun Firecracker.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tree Bucket posted:

There's a bit of a buried lede there my friend

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Kit Walker posted:

Lmao

Also I asked a friend who read the cooking lesbians manga and she said she didn't think it was a feeder fetish thing but it wasn't something she has ever thought of. Said something about a TV show as well

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The Bugle Call: Their First Expedition.

Tree Bucket posted:

Yeah, it's a neat choice! Here's the translators note from a future volume:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Spirit Circle

Absolutely no one ended up happy in this reincarnation, huh?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Lmao

Also I asked a friend who read the cooking lesbians manga and she said she didn't think it was a feeder fetish thing but it wasn't something she has ever thought of. Said something about a TV show as well

Yeah, it was adapted into a television show recently, which is how I found out about it:

Since this is such a drat concern I will personally verify this is not a fetish comic or anything, too much SA use has simply rotted your brains. The comic will dip into some dark places and never gets sexual on any level!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sounds like something that someone defensive about a feeder fetish would say

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh ye of little faith, have Dr. Tingle not taught you that love is real?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I mean, this ain't exactly an aupsicious start

I was really hoping for a more organic story to develop instead of "WOW look at how much food she eats! hummina hummina AWOOOOOGA!" I'm glad to hear the rest of the comic doesn't keep it up, though.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I have a fetish for sequential images that tell a story. This is my favorite thread.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Oddly timely:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
#297: Mad Doctorate - Wily Goo

#298: Mad Doctorate - Great Justice Prevails

#299: Mad Doctorate - Next Time, Gadget

And that's the end of this arc! I like the little epilogue there. Overall, I think it's pretty impressive how much ferret improved from comic 1, in both writing and art.

I know there are a lot of other people in the thread who were in the bob and george community when it was running, but I'm curious what people who weren't part of the sprite comic zeitgeist think of it, now that we've gone through the first main arc.
After this, some filler, character blurbs, and a little side story, before the next big arc starts.

#301: Filler - Name Those Weirdos

These are Dave, from Bobandgeorge, Hector Cavieres from Neko's House and iX from Randomness/ Plague's Misadventures.

Neko's house is a rather forgettable sprite comic which ran for like 700 strips, heavily inspired by fanservicy anime which was a mistake due to (A) them never really being any good in the first place, and (B) being a sprite comic and having the titillation potential of a couple parentheses around the letter Y ( Y ).

And here's the cast list / where are they now. I'm timging these since there are a lot of them and it makes sense to put together in a single post
#302: Fodder Force - Prone To Slaughter A Lot

#303: Sniper Joe - The Wannabe Hero

#304: Dr. Light - Annual Gift Man From The Moon

#305: Robot Masters - Circle of Dew Dew Dew Dew Dew

#306: Blues - Missing And Lacking A Scarf

#307: Dr Wily - Strangely Competent Crazy Villain

#308: LAUTO - Figment Of Your Imagination

#309: Jakerrot - I Have Never Seen A Yeast Such As This

#310: Polka - Did You Forget About This Dweeb

Next up, the Too Serious side story.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

So... here's the thing.

This chapter is one giant recap. It's considerably longer than any previous chapter and mostly consists of recycled art with commentary that doesn't add anything new. If you want to read it without risking spoilers from the main site I posted it to an imgur album but I'm not going to spend a week just rehashing the story thus far.

Skipping ahead to the end:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The Bikini Bottom Horror

KennyMan666 posted:

Chapter 21: Bittersweet Victory

Epilogue: Part 1, Fallout.