Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I bought two vouchers, and used one for Wonder, which my kids are currently going nuts for.

Now I'm trying to decide between the following, in terms of what other game to use it on.

- Metroid Dread
- Advance Wars (never played more than 30 minutes of the original though I enjoyed what I played, so virtually all of the content is brand new to me. I love the Shining Force games, if that helps)
- Pikmin 4 (I've loved all of the mainline Pikmin games so far, especially 3 despite it being much shorter than 2)
- nothing, and just wait on it.

I never played Super Mario RPG, but I loved the first two Paper Mario games. I'm curious if the remake is going to be worth using a voucher on it. Never played Mario vs DK, so I don't really have an interest in that.

Edit: if the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection was part of the voucher deal, I wouldn't even be making this post. I realize that since they're not 1st party, they wouldn't be. Christ, I love those games.

Use the voucher on Pikmin 4 and spend $30 to get Dread on sale

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1715416549283287241?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

I bought two vouchers, and used one for Wonder, which my kids are currently going nuts for.

Now I'm trying to decide between the following, in terms of what other game to use it on.

- Metroid Dread
- Advance Wars (never played more than 30 minutes of the original though I enjoyed what I played, so virtually all of the content is brand new to me. I love the Shining Force games, if that helps)
- Pikmin 4 (I've loved all of the mainline Pikmin games so far, especially 3 despite it being much shorter than 2)

I never played Super Mario RPG, but I loved the first two Paper Mario games. I'm curious if the remake is going to be worth using a voucher on it. Never played Mario vs DK, so I don't really have an interest in that.

Edit: if the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection was part of the voucher deal, I wouldn't even be making this post. I realize that since they're not 1st party, they wouldn't be. Christ, I love those games.
Advance Wars is super fuckin good and the new music slaps. The Switch versions include some subtle balance changes and AI improvements (it respects fog of war for real!!) too so they're worth playing over the GBA games. The

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Oh cool, Best Buy shipped the pre-order bonus separately from the Wonder cartridge, and the pre-order bonus got here early, but my copy of Wonder is delayed until the next business day. Which is hopefully Saturday not Monday.

Super. (mario bros wonder).

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Dracula Appraiser posted:

It got ported to Steam recently. After years of people holding out for that. Full price though.

oh holy poo poo thats awesome. i dunno how i feel about paying full price with all the games on my plate right now but im gonna wishlist it for sure

e: i thought you meant skate 3 and i got super disappointed, thatll learn me for not having reading comprehension

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Matt Zerella posted:

I haven't gotten home to play yet but is Wonder good with a dpad?

I'm wondering my my 8bitdo pro2 is the way to go over the regular pro controller?

It's a 2D game, Dpad is the way to go

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I need Mario Wonder poo poo in Mario Maker YESTERDAY. I want to make a fast auto scroller with the wall jump badge ability so badly

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
gently caress this wall jump 2 level

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

For comparison to similar multiplayer, this is closer to something like Death Stranding than Dark Souls

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Steve Yun posted:

gently caress this wall jump 2 level
I nearly destroyed my hand doing that level earlier lmao

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

love this game

e:

- Metroid Dread

If you like Metroid, get Dread. If it wasn't for FF14's xpac it would've won SA's GOTY

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

oh holy poo poo thats awesome. i dunno how i feel about paying full price with all the games on my plate right now but im gonna wishlist it for sure

e: i thought you meant skate 3 and i got super disappointed, thatll learn me for not having reading comprehension

Nah, that's my mistake. I forgot about the Skate 3 part when I was quoting your other post.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

John Wick of Dogs posted:

For comparison to similar multiplayer, this is closer to something like Death Stranding than Dark Souls

It’s somewhere in between

Strandees, but also phantoms

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Matt Zerella posted:

I haven't gotten home to play yet but is Wonder good with a dpad?

I'm wondering my my 8bitdo pro2 is the way to go over the regular pro controller?

No, nintendo made it terrible on dpad

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Grew up with the 3D Marios. Always appreciated and enjoyed the 2D games, but never got the same experience out of a new 2D title like I did both Galaxy games, 3D Land, and Odyssey. Until Wonder. This game rules so much.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Wonder is giving me Yoshi Island meets World vibes. I love Mario games so much but man this may dethrone 3 for me if it keeps up.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Larryb posted:

So apparently Daisy got a new VA in Wonder as well:

https://twitter.com/GZFernVO/status/1715442836169183277
Daisy having a non-binary voice actress feels pretty on brand imo.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Daisy having a non-binary voice actress feels pretty on brand imo.

While I won't presume to know whether or not it's something that'd personally make them uncomfortable, actress is not a gender neutral term. Actor is.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
I love that the folks they got for voice actors just seem like Some Dudes. They're kind of great. Even the flower.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Where's the fricken wonder seed in Angry Spikes and Sinkin Pipes

Edit: found it! That was sneaky

I spent so long on this that I decided to say gently caress it, kill myself and do a different level. Well gee, that ended up being a good idea when I figured I'd take this chump with me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

"WOWIE-ZOWIE!!" :neckbeard:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fish Appreciator posted:

I love that the folks they got for voice actors just seem like Some Dudes. They're kind of great. Even the flower.

Pretty sure Mario, Luigi, and Daisy are the only new VAs in this game (the guy who plays the first two also voices the flowers)

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I played the first level and a half before my kids jacked the game from me. Waiting for dinner at red lobster and I’ve got one kid in Mario wonder going “wooow” at everything and the other playing five nights at Freddy’s security breach trying to show mama all the jump scares she couldn’t care less about.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I am so happy it's Friday and I can spend it playing the best Mario game on the Nintendo switch: Luigi's Mansion 3

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mario Wonders really good. It’s too bad my joy cons and pro controller are all going to poo poo as the switch has its swan song.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The wonder effect where pipes crawl around is really effective when you've taken an edible

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The wonder effect where pipes crawl around is really effective when you've taken an edible

Keep goin

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i like that the enemies of the mario friends are just afraid of anything they shoot out

oh gently caress he firing bubbles

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Some of these flower voice lines are extra horny. Please stop talking about how much you wanna taste that goo.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i like that the enemies of the mario friends are just afraid of anything they shoot out

who are the real monsters

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I just saw a loading screen hint that says Daisy can see certain blocks the other characters can't. did I misread that, or do characters have abilities that aren't spelled out in the character select?

Non Compos Mentis posted:

bubbles is my favorite powerup in a long time. feels more like a metroidvania power than a typical mario one. it rules.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Have you ever found a hidden block with an L on it, or a yoshi egg? I think that's what it's referring to, seems like there are certain hidden blocks that are assigned as visible for a particular character

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Yeah, I got the same message but about mario

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Macaluso posted:

I need Mario Wonder poo poo in Mario Maker YESTERDAY. I want to make a fast auto scroller with the wall jump badge ability so badly

imo Super Switch 2 should have Mario Maker 3 and/or Wii Sports as pack ins.

Hyped to play Mario Wonder. This game went from off my radar to must buy out of nowhere.

Is it really the best 2d Mario since 3 or World?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
if i have a drill hat on i should not get hit when jumping into enemies from below dammit

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

buddy, the whole game is like that

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Having a helluva time finding the
seed in this level

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Pretty wide variety of insane weird stuff in this game, especially half of the levels having an alternate Weird Mode

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Spacebump posted:

imo Super Switch 2 should have Mario Maker 3 and/or Wii Sports as pack ins.

Hyped to play Mario Wonder. This game went from off my radar to must buy out of nowhere.

Is it really the best 2d Mario since 3 or World?

hmm unless you count mario land 3 for the gameboy, or if you say that 3d land is not a true 3d mario.

2d mario games just really haven't been this good since before mario 64.

3 and world are still better than wonder imo, but wonder is extremely good

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

beer gas canister posted:

Having a helluva time finding the
seed in this level

stand on the pipe with the flower that says "this pipe won't hold us", ride it down off screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hell yeah, got Wonder for $35 at QVC.